Let Me In || Jungwon

By bluexpoem

The youngest son of of one of the richest families in Korea meets the housekeeper's quirky daughter. Will she... More

1 - Let Me In Your Kingdom
2 - Rich Girl
3 - The School
4 - Troublemaker
5 - Suspicious
6 - Curry Anyone?
7 - Eyes on You
8 - My Heart Is All Weird
10 - Melting The Ice
11 - Heart is For Sale
12 - What Are We?
13 - Liar Liar Pants On Fire
14 - The Truth Untold
15 - Some
16 - Pucker Up
17 - Enough
18 - The Existence of You to Me
19 - Let Me In Your Heart
20 - Love Language
21 - Enemies Forever
22 - I'll protect you
23 - Sweet & Sour
24 - You're My Warmth
25 - Hello Ghost?!
26 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
27 - Blue
28 - My Biggest Supporter
29 - Moving On
30 - Meet Him Among Them
31 - Scouted
32 - Through the Night
33 - You, Me, Us
34 - Together Always...?
35 - Still With You
Will there be a sequel??
The Sequel Is Out!!

9 - Unforgiven

6.5K 335 656
By bluexpoem

- Sunni PoV -

I wake up all groggily. Last night was difficult. Not only are my eyes swollen from crying my eyes out last night, but I couldn't sleep because of me constantly throwing up.

My legs are wobbly as I make my way to my vanity where the box of macaroons are sitting. I check the expiration date.

They expired 3... months... ago...

Stay calm Kim Sunni. Lets not ruin our day this early. It just doesn't make sense to why Jayun would sabotage me like this. It's not like she's dense to not check the expiration date. She's number two in our class for a reason.

Whatever. I'll confront her today. No more beating around the bush. There's something off about that girl.

The alarm on my watch goes off indicating it's time for me to head to school.

I'm late!!

I quickly do my morning routine, brushed my hair aggressively, and rushed to put on my uniform. I can't believe it. I'm never late!

"Kim Sunni!!" I hear my mom scream from downstairs. She's the reason why I'm always punctual.

I grab my backpack and run downstairs to an angry mother. 

"Kim Sunni, do you know what time it is?" She asks me as she hands me my lunch bag.

"Gotta go!" I ignore her question as I wave goodbye.

As I'm exiting the door, I jump to see Jungwon  leaning on the wall. What is he still doing here?

"About time," he says then starts walking. Confusion.

I do a little jog to catch up to him, "Aren't you supposed to be at school by now?"

He looks at me up and down, "Someone was late."

I gasp. I start touching his forehead and his cheeks with the back of my hand. 

He moves his head away from me, "Ya, stop touching me."

"Are you running a fever? Because you never... ever wait for me," I say.

He sighs, "Anymore calls from you-know-who?" He ignores my previous statement.

"I haven't turned my phone back on... I don't think I even want to," I answer quietly.

"So..." he takes a second to continue. "Do you still like Jongseong?"

"I feel like I do, but I don't think he likes me. I'm two years younger than him for crying out loud," I let out a fake laugh. Yes, lets just laugh through the pain. 

The scene of him and Yuni keeps replaying in my head though. It's just crazy that my best friend, a friend who was like a sister, kissed the guy I've been crushing on for forever. I just wonder what made her think it was okay to do so. She broke the girl code.

"Why?" I look at him slyly. I nudge him, "Is Jungwonie jealous?" I tease in aegyo to try to lift up the mood.

He scoffs and pushes me. I gasp and push him back. 

"Oh?" he says in shock. He pushes me again.

"Oh?!" I then say and start to pinch both of his cheeks.

"Ya ya ya ya!!" He shouts in pain and tries to remove my fingers. I let out an evil laugh as I squish his soft cheeks. 

"What do you think you're doing Kim Sunni?"

I freeze while pinching Jungwon's cheeks. I turn my head to see that not only were we on campus already, but to see Jayun standing with her books in her hands.

I quickly let go and fully face towards Jayun. 

She looks back and forth between me and Jungwon, "Why are you two together?"

I jump to put my arm over Jungwon's shoulders, "We're friends!" He quickly shimmies me off.

"Right," she says. "Are you okay though? You caused quite a scene yesterday, I was worried."

I almost laugh, "That's because you gave me expired macaroons."

She's caught off guard by my statement. She moves her eyes from me to Jungwon. What's up with that?

I look at Jungwon who's as confused as ever with his wide eyes. He looks down at me, "What?" He questions.

"Kim Sunni, I don't know what you're talking about," she then says. "Maybe you're still sick."

"Sim Jayun, it said the expiration date on the box you gave me. Why did you give me it if you knew it was expired?" I ask.

She shakes her head, "I think you need to rest some more. See you in class." She doesn't let me say another word and walks away into the school.

I scoff, "Wow! Did you see that?" I look up at Jungwon.

He purses his lips, "Told ya." 

When we walk into class, most of our classmates are already there. 

"EW! Look who it is!!" Yells out Daehyun as he bursts out in laughter.

I roll my eyes. He seriously can't give it up.

"Ya.." Says Jungwon surprising both me and Daehyun. I know I threatened Jungwon before to stick up for me, but I didn't think he was going to stick with it.

I look over my shoulder to see Jungwon right behind me.

He looks down at me, "Are you going to keep moving?"

Pft, still mean. 

As I approach my desk, I see it's vandalized with mean words talking about how disgusting and ugly I am, how I need to leave the school, how I'm too poor to be here, and how I'm an attention-seeker... kids are so creative nowadays.

"Alright!" I shout. "Who did-"

"Just sit next to me," Jungwon cuts me off. 

He pushes my back to keep walking catching everyone off guard, including me. The class starts mumbling. Great, now I'm worried what other things could be vandalized just from me associating with Jungwon. Bring it on bitches!

When we approach Jungwon's area, there was already a kid sitting next to his desk. Jungwon motions him to move with his head, and the kid does just that. 

The power I wish to have at this school. Perks to being the richest kid I guess.

We sit down and start touching his forehead again.

"Ya," He glares at me.

I put my hands up, "I'm just too shocked from this special treatment today."

He shakes his head and pulls out his textbooks from his black backpack. I examine his every move, mesmerized to be sitting next to him in a professional setting. 

He notices my stares, "What are you looking at weirdo?"

"You," I say confidently. I then take out my textbooks and pencil pouch.

"Can I borrow a pencil?" I ask but take his anyways.

"Ya... you have a whole stuffed pouch right there!" He says annoyed.

"I know, but this is yours so it's different," I slyly smile. I love messing with him. His reactions are so cute.

Huh...

I meant funny... anyways...

*******

"Have a great lunch class," Ms. Lee dismisses us for lunch. Most of the class leave immediately, some stay like me who have their packed lunches.

I look at Jungwon who's texting fast on his phone. He's probably going to go to the cafeteria with his buddies. 

I do have to say sitting next to Jungwon is a whole different vibe from Jayun. I don't know if it's because I'm closer to Jungwon, but I felt so distracted through our lessons.

No, he wasn't bothering me and I wasn't bothering him, maybe that's why. I was expecting some kind mischief, but then again, I'm usually the one who causes it. 

I start to eat my gimbap that my mom have packed for me. I look over to Jungwon who is still focusing on his phone.

"Yang Jungwon," I call out to him making his eyes slowly slip away from his phone.

I pick up of a piece of gimbap. He's not going to eat it if I tell him to...

"What?" I ask.

He furrows his eyebrows, "What?" He leaves his mouth partially open. I quickly slip in the gimbap.

He starts to chew, "you're so weird," he mumbles then goes back to his phone.

"People might think you two are dating," I look up to see Jayun hovering over me. When did she get here?

"Sim Jayun, don't joke like that," I say then continue to stuff my face with gimbap.

"Then again... not sure if anybody would like you eating like that," she then says making me freeze.

I look up at her, "Huh?"

She closes my mouth with her hand, "That either."

She's sounding a lot like Daehyun right now and I am not liking it...one bit.

"But seriously, you feeding Jungwon looks like you two are a married couple," She continues.

"Ya..." I say then swallow my food. "I would literally feed a homeless man some of my gimbap the same way I did with Jungwon. He is not special."

"Good then," She looks over at Jungwon. "Aren't you going to the cafeteria Jungwonie?"

Jungwonie? Acting like she's his friend. As if.

I look at Jungwon who moves his eyes back and forth between me and Jayun. 

"Yes, I'm waiting for-"

"I'm heading there too, come with me!" She then starts to grab Jungwon by the arm. Jungwon hesitantly stands up and forcefully moves because of Jayun.

I scoff. Didn't she once tell me she didn't like him? Actions speak louder than words Sim Jayun.

Whatever. Not my business if she does or does not like him. Maybe that's why I feel like she hates me. She sees that I spend so much time with Jungwon, she gets jealous. Bingo! 

Jongseong was right. Everyone does like Jungwon even if they deny it...

*******

"One and two and three and four!"

After me and Jungwon cleaned the gym, we headed home. We didn't really speak to each other while cleaning, I wonder why. I mean I always talk, but I sensed this weird feeling from Jungwon. I can't put my finger on it...

I'm practicing in my room now. Even though Jungwon doesn't want to practice with me anymore, I shouldn't let that scare me away from continuing my dreams.

"I see you're still practicing," Says a familiar female voice.

I stop dancing to look at who entered my room.

Yuni.

- Jungwon PoV -

"Hyung," I say in shock as Jongseong walks into my room.

I was just contemplating whether to join Sunni or not in her dance practice. I can practically hear everything in that room of hers, so hearing the music and the dance instructor from her videos made me get the urge to put on that matching dance uniform just until Jongseong walked in.

"Hey," he smiles at me as he closes the door. "Oh?" he points at Nini, the stuffed sheep, that's sitting on my pillow.

"She gave this to you after all," he says plopping on my bed then starts to play with Nini.

"Huh?" I ask confused. Does he know that Sunni gave this to me?

"I bumped into Sunni while she was shopping the other day. We spent the early-afternoon together shopping for you," He explains.

I nod understanding, but I can't shake this feeling off from the fact they spent time together, but another part of me is oddly happy that she was shopping for me.

"I've never seen someone so excited to shop for someone other than themselves," he says making my lips curl up.  

He puts Nini to the side and sits up, "I've never met a girl like her. After shopping with her that day, I felt jealous of you Jungwon."

I sit down next to him, "Really?"

He nods, "I wish she was shopping for me." He looks at me, "You don't like her, right?"

"Of course not hyung," I let out a forced laugh. What I said is making me confused now. Even though I like to believe that I don't like her, I somehow feel in doubt.

Jongseong lets out a sigh of relief, "Good, I asked Sunni the same question and she practically laughed at me."

Ouch.

Wait a second...

"Wait, so you know Sunni isn't my cousin?" I question him.

Jongseong covers his mouth, "Man, I was going to mess with you on that. Damn, I blew my own cover," he starts to laugh.

I let out another forced laugh. Jongseong is my best friend, a brother I never had, but I really don't want to see his face right now.

"Anyways, I'm here because I need your help," Jongseong starts to say. "Can you help me win over Sunni?"

I look at him expressionless. Should I be honest or should I just do it for the sake of our lifelong friendship?

"Hyung, she's like two years younger than you," I say.

He shrugs, "I know but that's just two years!"

"You never date anybody younger than you," I continue on.

"So be it. Sunni is different," he says with a smile.

"She's extremely immature, she talks with her mouth full, oh and she constantly annoys people for absolutely no reason, " I try to talk him out of it.

Jongseong laughs, "She's a funky person." There's no breaking this spell.

"What you forgot to say Jungwon is that she's hella smart, beautiful, hilarious, confident.."

His voice fades in my mind as he continues on and on about all these qualities that Sunni has. 

He's saying these things... as if I already don't know...

- Sunni PoV -

"What are you doing here?" I angrily ask Yuni as I turn off my dance video.

She sighs, "Sit," she motions me over my bed then sits herself. 

"Who are you to tell me to sit? I'll stand if I want to!" I say crossing my arms.

She rolls her eyes, "You never change do you?"

"But you do," I look at her up and down. "How did you get in here anyways."

"Auntie let me in," she answers. That's right. Mom doesn't know about our situation.

"Okay so what is it going to be?" I start to say. "Are you going to apologize for basically ignoring me for a whole week straight, or the fact you kissed my love, Park Jongseong? Or, are you going to kill two birds with one stone? Throw it at me!"

"Kim Sunni!" She yells. She has no right to.

She then sighs, "You're right. I am here to apologize... I'm sorry for hurting your feelings and for kissing Jongseong... I should've stopped the game once the bottled landed on him and I."

"Continue," I say. Good start Yuni.

"Here's the thing Sunni," She take a deep breath in and out. "I love you with all my heart..."

Get to the point Go Yuni...

"I started ignoring you for the week because I felt this extreme guilt. One of my friends are good friends with Jongseong and she kept inviting me to hang out with them during lunch hour... after hanging out with him..." She pauses.

"I grew to like.. like him..." She says and looks at me.

Am I... am I hearing this correctly?

"What?" I ask in disbelief. "You never liked him before!"

"I know!" She yells. "You liked him because of his looks and I like him because of his personality."

I scoff, "Wow Go Yuni, what are you trying to say about me?"

"I'm just saying! I know I didn't like him before because of course you never talked to him to find out his personality!!" She continues to defend.

"So, we like the same person? Are you going to go after him now? Huh?" I question. I can just imagine the steam coming out of my ears right now.

"I can't help my feelings," She says with her voice fading.

"I know," I say. "But ignoring me instead of telling me is low and fake! You even kissed him thinking I would've never found out too..."

"I get why you're mad Sunni, but-"

"There's no buts...I-" I shake my head. 

"But it's not like you'll actually get the courage and go for him," She finishes where she left off.

I scoff. Why even bother anymore?

"Leave," I point to the door. "Go to your boyfriend."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 15.6K 33
"𝗹𝗲𝘁'𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝗮 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲... 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲𝘀." school's troublesome student tries to lead on one of t...
1M 55.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
57.7K 804 11
(Being rewritten) "He who desires, but acts not, breeds pestilence" -William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell" Beacon Academy: the most presti...
93.2K 4.2K 17
One head injury causes Jungkook to act like a child. At first, they were all hesitant on what they'll do with Jungkook, but they realized, he's stil...