Mystic Circle

By TheRedBloodContent

They are forced to sin. They are forced to kill. And they are forced to die young in order to keep their bloo... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

chapter 1

309 11 5
By TheRedBloodContent

Chapter 1

 A slim man, dressed in a dark jacket, lifted the last body into the trunk of his car. He paused for a moment and listened to his surroundings, before lighting up another smoke. The same old story…kept him doing this for years. Except he didn’t smoke till after they invented cigarettes. 

  He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. He felt relaxed for the moment. Until, he heard a couple of thumps in the trunk of his car…

  “Not dead yet?” He questioned himself, more than the person in the trunk. The anxiety of the night got to him. He had the body of a man that never got old, yet he had the soul of a man that felt old.

Closing his eyes, he thought about the story again…the story that took place centuries ago.

PAST…

  “I see fit that no one shall be spared, and no lives shall be bought by this coven.” The fierce leader went on shamelessly. “These are pure evil demons. No morals. No regrets. Collect some of them, unscratched, and bring the women. I will be their jury, judge, and executioner!!” Tatiana chanted and all of her followers cheered in appraisement. She smiled, and turned her attention to the girl in chains. She was smothered with luminescent light by the orders of Tatiana.

 The girl’s name was Luna. Tatiana destroyed her life, family, and her home. But, Luna showed no fear. And despite Tatiana’s hopes, Luna did not show any sign that she was going to surrender. Tatiana came up with several conclusions. Either she was stupid, or she had the ‘it’ factor. The ‘it’ factor was something a queen must possess, in order to ruler her people. That something barely existed now a days. Tatiana was spiteful. She despised the courage Luna had, yet Tatiana respected her for it. Yes, Tatiana respected her own, blood sworn, enemy. It was strange in the community of witches and warlocks. The fight of witchcraft to witchcraft was always about the art of battle and magic.

  “I’m deciding whether or not you shall make a perfect offering, or as a suitable servant.” The woman picked up the skirt of her dress, and gently dropped down to the ground. She needed to face Luna eye to eye. “Pity girl, I really did some thought of sparing you, and having your blood join my family,” Tatiana’s voice smoothened. “Our craft could intertwine into one, and can make our decedents bigger legends then we are today. All you have to do is share the secrets of your family.”

  “I shall die before serving a bitch like you!” Luna growled. Tatiana stiffened to shock of the young girl’s voice. Luna was so resilient. Tatiana couldn’t understand where she got it. Luna was a royalty. Before she inherited the thrown from her mother dying, she was just a princess.

 She will be hard to break, she cued, but I need her blood, and her power in order to save my son…

 Tatiana found herself about to beg for her son’s life.

  No this can’t work. I should sacrifice her…and pray for my son’s life to our god.

  “Very well.” The pale Tatiana stood up, and turned to her followers over the balcony.   

  “The heir to the cult of the Porter shall burn on the cross, and may she burn in hell for what she has done to our people!!” Cheers followed Tatiana’s words. Oh how they loved an execution. They always enjoyed the death of a shadow witch. This time it was the shadow witch queen.

  “I smite the witch of Beta,” Luna chanted. “Your son will die slowly, as you grow with cruelty and indifference to others of the craft, and minorities.” She now had tears smoldering in her crystal blue eyes. Tatiana could see her restraint from crying. “Your cruelty and cowardness will be the end of you and your people. Even your son!”

   She grew angry as Luna mentioned her son. The heir to the Phoenix coven. “My, my don’t you seem pretty confident, considering your arms are bound against my magic prison?”

  “My, my,” Luna mocked, “The witch thinks I be alone. My ally is a witch, too, as am I. One of the shape shifters…She has been serving you for years, and you didn’t even know it.” Luna smiled and then bowed her head to hide her laughter. “My other friend, one of a talented warlock. Can walk you’re your very halls and read minds of all by passers. He is a pure Gunther, with all of his psychic abilities, and some dark magic. Thirdly, there is more to my rebellious group then just witches and warlocks.” She smiled and spat up blood onto Tatiana’s dress. “All hail the queen.”

  “All hail the witch,” Tatiana corrected. She then turned her back to whom she still considered still the petty girl in chains. She still thought of Luna’s bystanders being alive and walking her very halls. She loathed the thought of that.

Present

  It was 2005 for the prepared Zoey Carter. She was only seventeen years old, and she already knew what she was going to do for the rest of her life. It was that easy because it was decided for her. It ran deep through her blood. Her cheeks were lit scarlet, her hair was raven black, and her eyes glowed green. She rested comfortably on the patio chair, reminiscing, about the conversation she had with her friend Tish. Tish had the same problem as Zoey. Her life was decided for her, too. That’s what made up most of their friendship. That’s what defined their friendship. Those two could only associate with each other, but were expected to betray themselves at any given moment.

  It wasn’t strange that they knew everything about each other. It wasn’t strange that both of their mother’s were dead. It wasn’t strange that they would kill each other, even though they cared. Their lives were dictated and it all came down to loyalty. Not loyalty to each other, but to her. Yes her.

Her, the witch, the queen, and even the bitch. Tatiana…

 Zoey couldn’t get over what happened five years ago. In the year 2000. She was only twelve years old, but she wasn’t treated like that.  She was treated like a solider. She was treated like a whipping dog for somebody’s games. That was probably the turn around point for them. And them included Zoey, Tish, and Eric.

“Meow.” Zoey turned her attention to a frail black cat. Flexing her eyebrows, she sipped on her cola. It scratched at her shoe, and stared up at her with wide, pleading, yellow eyes. Zoey took a moment to study the cat’s features. It looked very lean and very bony. But it’s black coat looked so soft and plush. Zoey couldn’t resist such a poor animal. So she couldn’t resist giving it a bite of her fries.

  “Poor kitty.” Zoey turned to rip off some of her burger, but by the time she had turned back, the cat was gone. There was now no trace of it ever being there.

That’s strange…

  She swayed her hair to one side of her neck, as she began to hum an ancient tune. It was bazar, but it soothed Zoey. After years of creating her identity, in the human world, she had come up with this ‘innocent character’. This innocent character was a teenager. Just a regular “after school special” teenager. Zoey would get so caught up with pretending that she forgot to get back to reality. The reality of her being a witch, and the reality of her being a slave.

 Zoey’s thoughts trailed off. Now she had nothing else better to do. So she just started to stare, mindlessly, at the bricks lining the garden. If she wasn’t careful, she could fly them away.

 Zoey had some telepathic powers as a witch. It took great amounts of meditation for her to control them. Otherwise, she could send things flying in the air whenever she got emotional. And speaking of emotional—Zoey sensed something wrong. She groggily turned her head around the yard, as she cleared her throat.

  “Eric don’t,” she muttered out loud.

  “I must.” He appeared from behind the tree. Zoey’s heartbeat felt intense. He had started to stalk within the shadows of the fence. Eric stared down Zoey. She took notice off all the sharp objects in reach. Either she was going use them, or he was. Nonetheless, someone was going get hurt. It would always come down to the Phoenix witch and the Shadow warlock. Ironically, it pertained to a major historical event. The sad part was they actually use to be friends. But that was a long time ago. Both Eric and Zoey carried scars. They also ended up making each other enemies. Tatiana was the blame for that.

  “Don’t worry,” he went on. “I’m not here to kill you, yet” he added on. Eric stood there for a moment, looking, at the wrappers and drinks on the table.

He knows she was here…

  Zoey clasped her hands together. She was definitely going to need a lot more meditation and magic if she was going to pull this off.

  Tish came over before to discuss Eric. She needed Zoey’s help to revive him from the dark magic. The next option could be the coven witch killing him. Tatiana wouldn’t hesitate to kill Eric any day. Even if he was the only warlock to be born into the coven, after centuries. 

  “Eric, please,” Zoey pleaded. “Let her go. Don’t make things worse than what they already are.”

  Eric studied Zoey for a moment. It all came down to this. Eric found himself more desperate and hateful than ever. He was tired of all the games. He felt the darkness sway over him. He wanted Tish. At that point he thought he needed her. But, he needed to teach Tish that he could not be played with. “Zoey…I came for Tish. Tell me where she is…”

  Eric’s dark hair and eyes gave him a distinct persona. He was already 18. Only a few months older than Zoey and Tish, his coven comrades. Eric was cold and harsh, yet he had this strange love for Tish. It may have not been love…it may have been obsession. Long ago, Eric turned into this dark being. That was the result of something he did, in order to resurrect and save Tish’s life. Over the years Eric found that Zoey was coming between Tish and him. Their friendship quickly turned. Eric became hateful towards Zoey.

  She knows, he said to himself, she knows where Tish is, and isn’t planning on telling me.

  Eric then grasped his hands together, surged all his power into the shadows, and reached for Zoey. Ironically, she was sitting directly under a shaded tree. She struggled, but he overpowered her. His powers hooked into her like a lion to a gazelle. He was now in complete control of Zoey’s being. Eric controlled her life and her death.

  “Stop Eric…” She reached for the sharp carving knife on the table. She usually used it for carving pumpkins. “I’m begging you. Don’t do it.”  Today she was going to use it for something different.

   Eric waved his hand in the air and said, “Good-bye Zoey, I hardly knew the.” Zoey clasped onto the knife, and instead of using it on Eric… she used it on herself.  Like Eric had fully intended.

  Zoey softly cried, as she carved up her arms with the knife. Pain surged through her like wildfire. Eric proceeded to lean against the fence post for support. All the energy he was using tired him. Still, that’s not what bothered him. Tish bothered him. Before, he had no problem with Zoey, but now….  Eric wished there was an easier way to find Tish. Torturing Zoey wasn’t very ideal for that, but he seemed to run out of ideas. Maybe there was another way to find Tish, than just killing Zoey. He just couldn’t think of it. Eric sighed to his impatience. Love did horrible things to his mind.

  Zoey crumbled to the ground, with the knife still piercing her skin. Her face turned red from her holding her breath and her screams. The knife moved faster up and down her body. The blood squinted, before it came gushing out from the wounds. Eric made sure she avoided any of the major arteries. He needed to extend her life just a bit longer. He compared himself to a cat playing with a mouse. Now came the time where he needed to put the mouse, Zoey, out of her misery.

  “Now its time to end this,” his voice heightened. Zoey then proceeded to put the knife up to her throat…

  “Eric stop!!!” He turned to find Tish behind him. The sight of Zoey bleeding, and her about to kill herself, horrified Tish. He felt like a monster, but he had to see her. She was in her hooded Jacket, hiding, from the sun. Her beautiful eyes glowed green mixed with hazel. Eric loved every part of her. That came with the compulsive obsession.

  “You made me do this,” he argued as he released Zoey from his grasp. Slowly, he approached Tish through the shadows. “Come closer.” He noticed her keeping a distance in the yard. Not even Eric would trust himself, but in the coven it was hard for anybody to trust each other. Eric loved, but couldn’t trust Tish. Even if they were humans they couldn’t trust each other.

  “I won’t step into the shadows with you.” Her eyes seemed to glow. “Why don’t you step into the light?” Her voice uplifted Eric. Still, he felt if he got any closer to her, he wouldn’t be able to control himself.

  “I can’t.”

  “Then try.”

  Eric hesitated, but then he stumbled out of his sanctuary. He came out of the shadows, and into the light. Now, he came face to face with Tish. The girl he found himself obsessed with. The girl he couldn’t live without. And he could not bear departing from her—not even death could stop him.

  “You’ve changed,” he spoke, lightly, and studied her dark hooded sweater. Never, could he understand why she always kept her hood up. She tried to hide her beauty from him. There were a lot of things he couldn’t understand about Tish that she did.

  “You haven’t,” she said as she glanced at Zoey, who was in a world of pain. Tish felt semi guilty. She crossed her arms, and found herself hating Eric now more than ever. Yet, she still showed compassion. “Eric, your powers are starting to scare me. In fact they already have. I sense that you have been doing…very dark things with them…I’ve even seen them in person,” she indicated Zoey, who was now stumbling toward the light for safety.  She felt sick to her stomach that her best friend was all carved up with a knife. Tish feared for Zoey’s life. She feared Eric.

  “Eric, the uh creatures of the night say you have been compelling some of them to turn some humans.” The creatures of the night was another term for bloodsuckers, the cold ones, and even vampires. Witches found themselves making allies with them every day. Eric overstepped his boundaries by compelling them. That pretty much broke allies and made slavery legal for witches.

  A wide smiled appeared on Eric’s face. He seemed to be enjoying this. “It’s good to have allies like them.” He bowed his head, clearly, concentrating his power even in the light. “I made exchanges for some powerful secrets and spells. It was very hard,” he admitted. He looked up. “But, not for me. I like to think it all paid off in the end.”

 Eric must have been getting into some serious dark magic for him to be able to compel a vamp. Usually, vamps compelled people, and sometimes witches.

  He’s becoming worst…He was going to kill Zoey, and now…

  Tish cut off her thoughts and noticed Zoey struggling to cast her magic around Eric.

  “You need to stop this madness Eric, before it’s too late,” Tish eagerly pleaded her former love, as he summoned the shadows to stretch for him. Tish was losing time, and she was losing him more into the darkness of the magic. She felt she owed him everything. He saved her life, and she made it worse for him. She made his life worse for him. She felt it was her fault that he turned evil.

  “I can’t. I lust for you and our power together…” Eric was a warlock, and he was most likely not going to say ‘ I love you to Tish’…but it didn’t mean he didn’t feel that way.  He stepped forward reaching for Tish. She was scared of him, and frightened by what he might do if she denies him. What if she rejects their love…their lust?

 Zoey’s hands trembled, as she stared at Eric’s darkness. His aura was different. It was much darker than she had remembered from last time. He grew with it, and she knew pretty soon that he would lose control. Zoey lurched her back forward, sinking, her nails into the dirt. She was ready to ram Eric with all the powers she had.

  Come on…her thoughts ran wild as her blood dripped into the soil…Get out of the way Tish I need to stop him before he reaches you…

  Tish continued to block Zoey. This made her furious. She was protecting him. Even after he attacked Zoey, Tish was still protecting him. Zoey felt ashamed. Her senses should have picked him up a block away. She would never let a predator sneak up on her. Once, a vamp stalked her all the way home. Zoey really surprised him, with her wicked charm and power. No harm was done to the creature. All was fair, and the vamp found a new mark to feed from. Zoey was in the complete clear.  She now had a bigger alliance with the vampires. Even though, she had burned one before.

  “That’s it!!” Zoey bellowed as she gave off fire from her hands. There was no more talk to her. Zoey made her way to Eric, who was completely out of his element. He managed to defend himself, from her flaming hands, but got a little sloppy with his offense attacks. Zoey enchanted her words as they came from her mouth. Zoey screamed and all hell broke loose.

  This isn’t right!!! This was suppose to be an alliance. We weren’t suppose to fight each other… Not like this!!

  Tish swayed backward, and kept her hood secure, as she gawked at the match-up. Her best friend Zoey and her former lover Eric were now fighting craft to craft. The Phoenix witch, and the shadow warlock were a challenge to each other. They were fighting, and they wouldn’t stop until they died, or she showed up.

  Tatiana admired the young ones fighting with the ancient craft ways. They were such warriors, and they would have been great assets centuries ago. The Phoenix witch was burning up everything in sight. While the, mysterious, shadow warlock was giving off dark magic. He was confusing and harming the mighty Phoenix, Zoey. He was a deviant. Zoey put up a good fight though. Still, this fight had to end. Her eyes wandered to Tish, who was standing by, pleading, for them to stop. Tish didn’t want anybody to get into trouble. She never dared to anger Tatiana. The fight needed to stop, and Tatiana needed to intervene. As always, Tatiana made a dramatic entrance. 

  “Little ones shall not be battling, amongst human’s living areas.” The middle-aged woman appeared before the three young teenagers. Flames blasted from the ground as they surrounded her. Tish, out of respect, bowed her head before Tatiana. Smart girl…Tatiana cued and looked towards the wounded Phoenix witch. She then turned her attention to the shadow warlock, who was clearly the one who started this nonsense. “I thought that was made very clear to you??” Zoey bowed her head even though her arms were covered with blood. Eric just stood there. He was disrespecting Tatiana. He was the only one who dared to rebel against her.

  “Smite the shadow demon,” the woman growled, and sent a surge of power in Eric’s direction. He managed to withstand the pain, but he fell to his knees. That was enough satisfaction for Tatiana. Humility came with respect. “Now then.” She turned to Zoey who was already starting the, painful, process of healing her own wounds. Zoey was a fighter. Tatiana was a Phoenix witch herself, long ago, and Zoey was similar to her. But, Tatiana had her investment in Tish. She considered her ‘special’. Zoey was just another loyal soldier.

  “Petty, I thought you would have picked up his devious presence a mile away.” She changed her tone towards Zoey.

  “I’ve got better at blocking…” the warlock sneered.

 Tatiana turned and gave him a disgusted look. “So it would appear you’ve gotten more mouth as well. And it appears to me, of your habit of stalking your bounded partner Christiana, or as you like to refer, Tish. You also like compelling Zoey into harming herself…Now then I see you’ve gotten much darker with the craft from the last time I saw the.”

  The warlock, Eric, laughed. “My grand coven queen, you talk like they do centuries ago. Lighten up. Old woman! Because we cant find a host for you anytime soon that will suit your qualifications, as well as your personality…” He winked at Tatiana.

  Tatiana stirred with anger, and sent another shock towards Eric. This time stronger than the last one. “Tish, would you care to repeat the duty of this coven?

   Tish let out a hefty sigh. “Avenge the Beta clan from the curse…” You can tell Tish said this a million times.

  “Now what curse would that be?”

  “The curse in which no one may live after giving birth, due to limited fertility,” Tish concluded.

  “Yes,” Tatiana agreed. “Your mothers died after a day or so of giving birth.  So my coven could not grow any bigger through out the years, after I established it. My original coven and people were dying.” She turned to Eric, who was now on the ground, recoiling, in pain. “Come on, the pain is in your head with the shock I just sent you.”

  “I know.” He arose from the ground and stumbled forward. “Illusion craft is a very devious mind control, and the witch cannot really harm my body… just my mind…” He stood still. He became triumphant in the illusion magic. This angered Tatiana. This time she made real sparks, fly from her fingertips, as she got ready to throw something at him that would really kill him.

  “You were the first warlock born in this coven after centuries ago when I started it…” Tatiana calmed herself and lowered her hand. “The original coven was three women, and now…it’s two girls, and one boy. I don’t know if the fertility curse is embarked on you…”

  “If not,” he said, “Then I can pass off more decedents for the coven.” He raised his arm to reveal the birthmark, which all three of them had had. It was considered a rare brand name for their coven. The coven was very small in size.

  “Yes,” she concurred, “but those descendents would be weak without a magical mother, and I can’t afford for my coven to be weak.”

  “ But, you can’t afford for it to be small either.” Zoey stepped towards Tatiana. “Eventually as our youth runs short, we’ll have to repopulate before we can no longer.” Her eyes flickered to Tish and Eric.

  “Until then…” the woman applied, “we shall continue our search for Luna’s ghost and the secret to immortality…” Tatiana turned about to leave this urban neighborhood when Eric said something.

  “Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t you already immortal?”

  Tatiana immediately snapped. “NOT THE KIND OF IMMORTALITY ANYONE WANTS!!” Tatiana, horrified by herself, lowered her tone. “As my body ages I become weaker, and require a host. Once I get a host, the body ages quicker even then, and…my powers grow weaker. The proper body I need is one that could handle my craft powers, and has slower aging.” She sighed. “Which is pure torture for me. I feel like a zombie in these bodies. I suffer a great deal of pain I assure you, and I’m unable to die and move on to the heavens.”

  “Or hell.” Eric rolled his eyes.

  Tatiana ignored Eric’s insult and simply moved on. “I know for a fact that the ghost of Luna still wanders this earth, and holds the secret to the real immortality we all desire.” Or as I desire….  And once I do, the curse will be lifted as well, and I will dispose of that shadow warlock, before he harms any more of  my witches. Yes, everything will be restored and I shall become the queen of all magic once again. Instead of being a laughing stalk amongst the craft community…

  “Still, she manages to always avert my grasp— But she will communicate with someone and share her story, and fight against us!” Tatiana then turned her frown into a pure evil smile. “But as history goes on, each one she chose has died under my clasp!!” She made a strong fist signal. Tatiana reminisced of the memories of her captives dying before she could ever reach into them—and grab Luna. Failure keeps repeating itself, but not this time. Not for her anyway. She has high hopes for this group. They were much stronger then the other ones. And besides, whether Tatiana liked him or not, she had a powerful warlock. And that was s chance of fate he happened to be a shadow user. He could control anyone in his path. Of course, even in her weak host body, Tatiana was far more powerful at blocking. She didn’t have to worry about Eric possessing her. Only once had a shadow user actually possessed her. She wouldn’t let it happen again, and she didn’t plan on anyone ever trying.

  “I declare this month hunting season!!” she turned to her followers “Find whoever it is alive!! And we’ll not mess up with this one.” Tatiana implied some fault to her followers.  

  “Yes our lady.” Everyone, including, Erick said aloud.

Tatiana disappeared. She left all three of them alone…

 Zoey cringed at the sight of her flesh wounds. She looked to Eric and Tish in the distance in the yard. They were now dangerously close to each other. She hoped that Eric wouldn’t try anything, but what more could she do? She was no good to anybody dead. She had to let Tish handle this one. As the years went by, Zoey trusted Tish lesser. She seemed to make Eric worse at one point. And Tish was becoming more of a “teacher’s pet” with Tatiana. Their friendship seemed to die down. Zoey didn’t like the tone Tatiana had. The hunt…was the beginning of something…

 A lot of people are going to die…

 Her psychic ability was kicking in, and she felt a human soul touch her. Zoey breathed deeply and closed her eyes. She tried to open up a communication between her and the soul. It was human, but…it was so strong. She felt chills fall down her spine as she reached for it. Who was it? Where did they come from? And was this the soul they were looking for? Zoey clasped her hands tight and opened her eyes. Tish had her arms wrapped around Eric. It was like she was leading him on. Just by the way she stood and positioned herself, and the way she looked at him. Tish was trying to compel Eric, again. Zoey felt sorry for Eric, this time.

 Tish you need to stop compelling him, Zoey thought deeply.

  Tish ignored Zoey and continued. Zoey sighed to her Tish’s massive selfish ego, and she returned her attention to the human soul.

 The urge to run away could not be complied with. Not for, young, Danny anyway. He was in his late seventeen’s, and was eager to move out of this hellhole. This hellhole he called his parents’ house. He thrived for a better place. He wanted a better place in the world. He wanted away from all the dictation. Danny couldn’t leave though. His parents were really keeping to, 18, being the age of freedom. They were abusive with their dominance, and they kept him trapped within their household. Danny was banned from the outside world. At times, he ignored that banishment, and lived his secret life as a teenager. Yet, Danny was not a man yet. He was still young and smart, but he screwed up at times. He still depended on other people. But one day, he would be free to run away. He would finally be free from his mom and dad. He would finally be free of this town.

  Limits were meant to be broken, and for him this limit had to be broken. Halloween was considered a menace inside his household. It was considered unchristian, even though, his parents never followed a religion. Danny just had a concept of doing more good deeds than bad ones in life and you would be awarded. How was this done? He did not know. All that he needed to know was that everyone should celebrate Halloween. It was wrong to be the only house in the neighborhood not celebrating it.

  It was the same humiliation every year. The front gate had a sign, which said, “We do not celebrate Halloween”. Every year, mischievous, children bounded their house for pranks. Only two weeks till Halloween. Danny couldn’t help but sit out on his front porch, and try to imagine something else to look forward to.

    “Either get drunk off my Dad’s stash, or get drunk off my stash…” he said aloud, clearly talking to himself. He felt like there couldn’t be anything else better than do. In fact, there was nothing else better for him to do. “Decisions, decisions…” He inclined backward in the wooden chair, and continued to stare into the air. He wondered, what was going on in the world his parents forbade him from?

  Hmmm…I could just run away, and never speak to them again. His thoughts went wild. And I could uh be my own person, get a job, get a house, whatever it took to live a decent life. The idea seemed very easy to comply with, but what he failed to realize was…I cant live without their money, and their permission to get a job, and to get a life!! Damn them! I can’t wait till I’m eighteen! He stared out into the street, thinking how easy it would be just to walk out in front of a car. No…I’m not weak…I am so close to being free…Still, he continued to stare into the streets as his dream for life continued.

  Time passed, but only minutes. Danny peered out on the other side of the road, and spotted a black scrawny object. It took a moment for him to realize it was a cat. Guess your waiting too…He continued to stare at the black cat, and felt as if it understood him. It was like it felt what he felt. 

  Hey there, I think I would name you uh…Midnight…The cat blinked and began to walk across the street. Just as it did that, a huge truck was passing by. Danny stood up and urged the cat to turn around, but the cat just kept on walking and ignored the truck. Danny had to prepare himself for the worse. He bit down hard on his lip. The truck went over the cat, and the tires barely missed it. Once, the cat crossed the road, it began to strut up the driveway. It acted proud of it’s accomplishment. Danny was just stunned. It was like the cat was…human.

  “Meow.” The cat rubbed itself against Danny’s leg. But Danny soon found that he was terrified by the dark creature. Danny ignored that fear, pressed his hand against the cat’s back, and, gently, began to pet it. “Meow.” The cat purred and stared up at Danny with it’s bright yellow eyes. Danny wanted to claim this cat as his own. Just about that time, a woman began to scream.

  “Danny don’t touch that disgusting thing! Who knows what diseases it may have.” His mother flicked a stone at the cat. The cat jumped out the way, and gave a loud groan towards Danny’s mother. The middle-aged woman stiffened, and lunged for her phone, presumably about to call animal control.

  “Mom relax!!” Danny reached for the back of the cat’s neck, and lifted it into the air. The cat did not struggle or run away. Danny’s mother failed to notice this, and made vulgar sounds towards the dark creature in Danny’s clasp. “I have a better way of getting rid of it.” Danny’s mother seemed to smile a little, for she was known to ‘get rid’ of useless little animals. Danny thought differently though. He thought of bringing the creature to safer surroundings. He would bring the cat to his ‘friend’ Jenny.

  Any normal kid would have begged their parents to keep a pet like a lost puppy. Danny knew better then that.

  “Make sure you wash your hands when you’re done!!” His mother yelled to him as he walked down the road. Danny now had the cat securely tucked under his arm. Sure thing…he thought happily, secretly, hiding his smile. He found it humorous that his mother expected him to kill this, poor, dark creature. Nonetheless, Danny continued to walk down the road.

  “Meow?” the cat looked up at Danny questionably.

  Danny smiled and spoke softly, “We’re going to my friend Jen’s house. She will take good care of you for me, while I’m still seventeen.” The cat blinked twice to Danny’s statement.

  Zoey peered over the roofs at the sight of a boy cradling a cat. It might be him, she thought as she took a closer look. Yet I feel no powers from him. Zoey began to theorize the powers in him being dormant. So no one could really know for sure if he was the one or not. All she knew was that his name was Danny, and he was born November 18. Still, he would have already discovered his powers by now…

  Zoey sighed and reached for her notepad, and crossed out Danny Trenton from her list. She took one last look at him, and then fell off the roof into the bushes, to which the black cat hissed at.

  “Relax,” he calmed the cat, “there is nothing there.” Danny looked briefly at the bush, and then resumed to walk down the street, acting as if nothing bad was going on. Acting, like nothing bad was going to happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169 15 27
There are ten different species of earth, and they all hate one another. So, when the gods get word of all the tyranny, they choose a representative...
266K 3.9K 22
The factions are trying to catch a dangerous individual But what happens when this individual is right under there noses High class want his power S...
85 0 12
A young girl discovers her powers. She uses them for the good of her kingdom.
579 104 41
In the small town of Williams Gate strange things occur not that anyone notices. When two best friends are forced to move away from their home and in...