andi takes on london (half se...

By bizarrelilbrunette

Elmer Kasprzak's best friend moved away from New York and is spending her senior year away from her friends a... More

first day and calls
hi okay
tryouts and a new friend
Jess and iced coffee
school and the universe
happy anniversary
home again for the holidays
presents and semester's end
we interrupt this program
heartbreak
inter-counties part 1
inter-counties part 2
kitchen chair and a half day
Goldilocks and the three acceptance letters
NYU acceptance aftermath
Graduating Westwood Academy
Epilogue

new girl and an unexpected call

23 5 5
By bizarrelilbrunette

Andi and Kate were walking down the halls a week after spring break ended. Andi hasn't told anybody else that she got accepted into NYU yet, so for now only Kate knew. As much as she hated to admit it, she was starting to believe that Anthony really did have a crush on her. Everything Justine has told her was true. His cheeks turn red whenever she talks to him and he has this goofy grin that Justine described whenever Andi laughed.

But she knows that she doesn't like him back. She isn't fully moved on from Elmer yet and if she were to be honest, she can't see her an Anthony in a relationship. She just hoped that maybe he won't confess to her any time soon, otherwise she wouldn't know what to say or do.

"so, do you know what school you're gonna pick?" Kate wondered.

"no, not yet. The pros and cons list Sam had me make hasn't been helping at all." Andi replied. "the thing is, I have you guys now. You, Anthony, Jess, Justine and Alannah. I can't imagine leaving you guys."

"awhh Andi!" Justine suddenly gushed, startling the two.

"how long have you been with us?" Kate asked.

Justine shrugged. "I just heard the last thing Andi said." She answered and the three walked down the halls together. "so what's this about leaving us?"

"oh um- it's just..." Andi hesitated. "it- it's a long story. I'll tell you at lunch, promise." She stammered. Just as they were about to enter class, they saw a girl pinned up against a locker, making out with a guy. When they pulled away, they saw that the guy was... Anthony. Before Anthony could see the three girls, Justine grabbed Andi and Kate's wrist and dragged them into the classroom.

"when did that happen?" Justine whisper-yelled.

"wait... I thought Anthony likes Andi." Kate remarked.

"Kate!" Justine scolded.

"what?!"

"Andi wasn't supposed to know that he actually likes her!"

"I'm here too." Andi announced sassily, arms crossed. "and Anthony can't possibly like me now, did you see him eating that girl's face?"

"she's gotta be a rebound or something." Justine stated.

"or maybe he's trying to make Andi jealous."

"or maybe Anthony doesn't actually like me."

"Andi, he literally told us that he likes you." Kate replied with a deadpanned expression on her face.

"then-"

"woah, get it Anthony!" The girls heard Jess yell from the hallway.

"shut up!" Anthony yelled back, making them snicker. Jess then walked into the classroom and sat on his seat that was in front of Andi's.

"did you guys know about Anthony's new girl?"

"we were just as surprised as you were." Andi chuckled and Alannah walked in.

"did you guys know Anthony has a new girlfriend? I mean, he likes Andi! He told us he likes Andi!"

"again, that's something that Andi is NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW!" Justine scolded once again.

"oh come on, she ought to find out soon. That guy can't hide shit to save his life." Alannah responded, making the group laugh. "but really, and did you see her? She kind of looks like Andi."

"what do you mean?" Andi wondered, now more invested in this than she was two minutes ago.

"I'm not kidding. She looks like pre-hair-dyed-Andi." Alannah claimed, in which Justine looked out the door frame to take a look at Anthony's girlfriend. She studied her for a while before confirming.

She clicked her tongue. "yep, she does look like pre-hair-dyed-Andi."

"no she doesn't!" Andi protested and took a look for herself. When she took a peek, she could admit, Alannah and Justine were right. She has shoulder length hair with curtain bangs, just like Andi. But Andi's hair was way lighter than her's. She also had brown eyes, except her's were more darker than Andi's. And as crazy as it is, she also has the same stance as her. It's the whole I don't care but I still wanna look presentable stance. It wasn't that she looked like Andi, she just had some very similar traits to her and she could easily be reminded of Andi. It's weird.

"so?" Kate asked when she turned back to the group.

"um... sort of, yeah." Andi admitted, shrugging her shoulders.

"it's weird! It's like he found himself another Andi and got with her." Justine stated and Andi cringed at another Andi. Suddenly, the bell rang and Anthony walked into the classroom, in which they decided to abandon the conversation for now.

(A/N: this is a time skip from spring to almost the end of the school year)

Andi was sitting on her bed staring at her phone. She had Elmer's contact opened, contemplating on whether she should call him or not. She realized that no matter who she talks to, the decision she makes will always revolve around one person: Elmer. Hesitantly, she clicked the facetime icon and it began to ring Elmer's phone.

Elmer was at Aunty Ferrari's café with everybody when his phone started to ring. He pulled it out to see Andi was trying to facetime him.

"hey Elmo, who's calling?" Jojo wondered.

"it's... Andi." He replied with a shocked look on his face.

"well...?" Jack started.

"ANSWER IT!" Everybody yelled so in unison, it's almost frightening.

"I- I don't know, it might be a mistake. She probably wants to call one of you guys."

"but what if she doesn't? What if she wants to call you!?" Davey asked.

"how am I supposed to know that?"

Davey gave a small smile. "you'll only know if you find out." He stated with a shrug, in which Elmer finally answered the call.

"h-hey.." He greeted hesitantly with awkwardness.

"hey um... I need to talk to you about something."

"I knew it." Davey mumbled sassily and gave Lilly a small high five.

"HI ANDI!" Jojo yelled.

Andi laughed quietly. "hi Jojo. So I'm guessing everyone's there?"

"y-yeah, is that okay?"

"yeah... well actually I was thinking if I could talk to just you?"

"um- um yeah sure, okay." Elmer stammered, shocked. He didn't know what to expect, and honestly, he was sort of scared. He didn't know what he was scared of, but his heart was pounding a million miles per minute and he had butterflies flying in his stomach.

"hey guys uh... I'm gonna go outside for a while, okay?" He stated and walked onto the porch of Aunty Ferrari's café.

"what do you think it's about?" Race asked.

"I have absolutely no idea." Spot replied, shaking his head.

"so... you might think this is kind of weird, huh?" Andi forced out a light chuckle to lighten up the awkwardness.

"uh... yeah, it is kinda weird."

"yeah I just-" She sighed. "look, I really have no one else to talk about this to, but to you."

"talk to me."

"I um got accepted into NYU." When she said this, she could see Elmer's eyes go wide through the screen.

"Di- uh- Andi, that's great!"

"yeah, but I also got into a closer college, Imperial College. I don't know what school to pick and I was maybe thinking if you could help me?" Andi asked, feeling regret right after. What if Elmer hated her? What if he never wanted to see her again? He would 100% want her to stay in London and go to Imperial College. But maybe he does want to see her again
. Maybe he wants to become best friends again, just like Andi wants to.

"can I be honest?"

She scoffed quietly. "of course."

"I want you to come back to New York." Andi's eyes lit up at his response. "we had this plan since middle school, remember? We would all go to NYU and we'll all be each other's dorm mates. Then we can hangout in each other's dorm."

Andi smiled. "yeah, I remember. But I'm all the way in London and-"

"and you're still part of that plan, it won't be the same without you."

"you mean it?"

"of course." He laughed. "and I really want to do this life thing with you again. You know, like we used to for our whole lives."

Andi's smile grew wider. She really wanted to do life with Elmer again too. But as her best friend, like they used to for their whole lives. She misses her best friend and she won't find anybody better than him, that's for sure.

"yeah, I want to do this life thing with you again too and I want to be in New York to do that." Andi replied with a big smile.

"so...?"

"so... what should I pick?"

"well for starters, what does London have that New York doesn't?"

"my friends. Kate, Justine, Alannah, Jess and Anthony. Sam, Harry and Haz as well. But it worked out with our group, so it would work out with my friends here, right?"

Meanwhile back inside the café, everybody was staring at Elmer, wondering what he and Andi could possibly be talking about. They would sit in silence, having conversations from time to time, but they always lead back to whatever was going on in that call.

"what do y'all think they're talkin' about?" Jack wondered.

Spot snorted. "beats me."

"but it's gotta be something good, right? I mean he laughed. That's good, right?" Mush asked, speaking quickly.

"yeah and he doesn't look sad either." Finch remarked.

"what if they get back together?" Jojo wondered hopefully.

"I don't think they'd do that over a facetime call, Jo." Katherine replied, slowly shaking her head.

Romeo's eyes then widened and he perked up. "what if Andi's coming here to visit and she wants it to be a surprise for us?"

"then why would she call Elmer?"

"yeah, if she were to surprise us, she'd probably call Spotty." Race stated, in which everyone agreed.

"yeah, no surprises for Spot." Spot mumbled to himself.

"yeah, it does seem like a hard choice."

"yeah, I mean I love New York so much, but I've also grown to love London."

"I really want you to come back here, Didi. It's not the same without you."

Andi let out a half hearted laugh. "it wouldn't be the same if I came back either. I've changed a bit, Elmer."

"I know ya did, we all did. But it always seems like there's something missing. And when you called me, I realized what was missing."

"you know, I was right." Andi stated, resulting in a confused Elmer.

"what do ya mean?"

"I really can't do this life thing without you. I need my best friend."

"I'm still your best friend?"

"you've always been." Andi then laughed. "what, you think I would replace my best friend of twelve years?"

"I- I don't know."

"don't tell me you replaced me."

Elmer's eyes went wide. "what?! No, of course not I- no! I jus" thought that-"

"hey, I'm teasing." She interrupted with a chuckle. "so, we're still best friends?" She asked, slightly tilting her head in curiosity.

"yeah, we are. And uh come back to New York... please. I really want you to. But only if you want to."

"I'm still thinking about it. But I'll update you."

"I'll be countin' on it."

"oh and uh, do me a favour and don't tell anyone that I got accepted."

"even-"

"even your parents and Lexi."

"I won't, promise."

"thanks." Andi smiled. "anyways, it's getting late so I should go."

"yeah and I should probably get back in there."

"okay well um- bye."

Elmer let out a small chuckle. "bye."

It was when Andi hung up was when she felt that she was fully moved on from the breakup. Yes, she still loves Elmer, but now she knows how. She loves him as a best friend because that's all he'll ever be, and now she knows that.

And life won't be the greatest without her best friend by her side. Andi has made the decision to go to New York University. Sure she's happy in London, but she knows that she'll be more happier in New York. She feels at home in New York. And she'd do anything to have that feeling again, even if it means moving across the ocean alone.

—————————————————————

o yah btw i didnt know how to write this in but Anthony and his girlfriend broke up like a month later LMAOOOOOO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 420 13
❝we were just so close it's tragic❞ The life of a newsie is tough, especially when you happen to be the only girl in a sea full of boys. Head strong...
405 12 16
Spencer had always loved Newsies and Broadway/musicals. Her dream was to become an actress. When she decided to audition for Newsies, a blonde boy wh...
10.9K 213 21
4 A/N chapters "But I'm tiny" "You're a Conlon you're short" June Conlon started living in the "Manhattan orphanage for boys and girls" ever since...
6.3K 252 21
What happens if Eliza Hamilton is dropped into Newsies? (Idea from Pinterest. I don't own Newsies or Hamilton) Started: March 19th, 2021 Finished: Ju...