new girl and an unexpected call

Andi and Kate were walking down the halls a week after spring break ended. Andi hasn't told anybody else that she got accepted into NYU yet, so for now only Kate knew. As much as she hated to admit it, she was starting to believe that Anthony really did have a crush on her. Everything Justine has told her was true. His cheeks turn red whenever she talks to him and he has this goofy grin that Justine described whenever Andi laughed.

But she knows that she doesn't like him back. She isn't fully moved on from Elmer yet and if she were to be honest, she can't see her an Anthony in a relationship. She just hoped that maybe he won't confess to her any time soon, otherwise she wouldn't know what to say or do.

"so, do you know what school you're gonna pick?" Kate wondered.

"no, not yet. The pros and cons list Sam had me make hasn't been helping at all." Andi replied. "the thing is, I have you guys now. You, Anthony, Jess, Justine and Alannah. I can't imagine leaving you guys."

"awhh Andi!" Justine suddenly gushed, startling the two.

"how long have you been with us?" Kate asked.

Justine shrugged. "I just heard the last thing Andi said." She answered and the three walked down the halls together. "so what's this about leaving us?"

"oh um- it's just..." Andi hesitated. "it- it's a long story. I'll tell you at lunch, promise." She stammered. Just as they were about to enter class, they saw a girl pinned up against a locker, making out with a guy. When they pulled away, they saw that the guy was... Anthony. Before Anthony could see the three girls, Justine grabbed Andi and Kate's wrist and dragged them into the classroom.

"when did that happen?" Justine whisper-yelled.

"wait... I thought Anthony likes Andi." Kate remarked.

"Kate!" Justine scolded.

"what?!"

"Andi wasn't supposed to know that he actually likes her!"

"I'm here too." Andi announced sassily, arms crossed. "and Anthony can't possibly like me now, did you see him eating that girl's face?"

"she's gotta be a rebound or something." Justine stated.

"or maybe he's trying to make Andi jealous."

"or maybe Anthony doesn't actually like me."

"Andi, he literally told us that he likes you." Kate replied with a deadpanned expression on her face.

"then-"

"woah, get it Anthony!" The girls heard Jess yell from the hallway.

"shut up!" Anthony yelled back, making them snicker. Jess then walked into the classroom and sat on his seat that was in front of Andi's.

"did you guys know about Anthony's new girl?"

"we were just as surprised as you were." Andi chuckled and Alannah walked in.

"did you guys know Anthony has a new girlfriend? I mean, he likes Andi! He told us he likes Andi!"

"again, that's something that Andi is NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW!" Justine scolded once again.

"oh come on, she ought to find out soon. That guy can't hide shit to save his life." Alannah responded, making the group laugh. "but really, and did you see her? She kind of looks like Andi."

"what do you mean?" Andi wondered, now more invested in this than she was two minutes ago.

"I'm not kidding. She looks like pre-hair-dyed-Andi." Alannah claimed, in which Justine looked out the door frame to take a look at Anthony's girlfriend. She studied her for a while before confirming.