A Different Kind

By CaritaCrafford

Alexandra or Alex for short leaves Mystic Falls to live with her Uncle Charlie Swan, the half brother of her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 23

3.4K 80 4
By CaritaCrafford

The journey had been swift . But very unpleasant .

Her stomach felt queazy and her head dizzy .

They'd teleported inside a small town that looked a little bit like it would fit right into a medieval  show or something .

Then they'd walked up to a very old castle . They had to pass through gates and Dumbledore had looked at her briefly in surprise when she didn't turn around to get out of there .

He'd explained that Muggles wouldn't be able to get into Hogwarts like she have without becoming confused .

She didn't know what to say to that because she'd never come across Muggle repellent spells.

Now they were walking down a hallway ,being gawked at by  teenagers from various ages, while following Dumbledore to who knows where in this maze of hallways, stairs and whatnot.

She gravitated closer to Carlisle who placed an arm around her waist , kissing her forehead comfortingly  .

A bell tolled somewhere and the teenagers thankfully began to disperse to whatever class they were taught .

Then without warning they were walking into a classroom situated in the dungeons .

" Excuse me , Severus . May I please have a quick word with  Mr. Potter ", Dumbledore spoke to a greasy haired teacher who had a hook nose and an unpleasant expression on his face.

" Of course , Albus ", the teacher drawled his eyes looking coldly at Alexandra first before shifting to Carlisle who eyed him back with as much coldness as he himself did.

Alexandra didn't bother to look at him because from a table with a cauldron bubbling away , walked  a boy with messy black hair and emerald green eyes .

His eyes reminded of her Aunt's and she had no doubt that this boy was Harry Potter.  She'd been very little , possibly five , when she'd last seen him and he'd been a couple of weeks old .

The boy looked at her and Carlisle curiously as Dumbledore beckoned them out of the classroom and into the hallway .

They walked quite a bit before they came to an empty classroom that must not have been used in ages.

" Now ,Harry , I'll be leaving you with these two people . I'll let them introduce themselves to you on their own . They'll be here for a few days and they'll be sleeping in your dorms . But wait I have somewhere to be . Alexandra , Carlisle , I hope to see you at dinner tonight . And I apologize for not telling you that you'll be staying . I'll have your things moved here . I'll also inform the Head of House Gryffindor to show you to your room later . Harry will show you around the school grounds . Have a good day ."

With that he waltzed out of the classroom , leaving them to introduce themselves to the green eyed boy who was now staring at them in confusion .

Alexandra smiled at him before giving into the temptation to hug him for more than just a brief moment before moving back a little .

" Hello ,Harry . You won't remember me because you were just a baby and I was a little girl of five when we saw each other . I'm Alexandra Gilbert . I'm your cousin from the US . "

The green eyes of the boy widened  in surprise at her introduction .

" M...My ...c... cousin ", he stuttered ," I d... didn't_"

" Know you had a cousin from the US ?. Well, you have three . I have a twin sister and a seventeen year old brother . Anyway , this is Carlisle Cullen ,my boyfriend . He's a doctor in the small town I live in . "

Carlisle held out a hand for Harry to shake which he did before he turned to Alexandra again .

" From which side of the family are you?", he asked like it was something very important to know .

" Your Mom's . My Mom ,Miranda, was her eldest sister and she had three . Jenna was the youngest after Lily . Petunia was the second eldest . I'll explain it to you later . Wanna ditch this dusty room and show us a bit of your school ?. We'll even sit in on your classes with you ,if you want. Anyway, you can call me Alex . Goodness knows why I got the long name while Elena got the short one " .

Harry's​ lips turned  into a full on grin before he took her arm , leading her out of the room with a smiling Carlisle trailing behind them .
                💘💘💘
They walked back to the dungeon classroom while Harry asked her all kinds of questions . He even asked her about how she found out where he went to school .

" Oh, I had to do a little snooping in Aunty Petunia's house . I found your room,by the way . It's a little messy ,but I don't judge you . Anyway , I found a letter from Hogwarts there and decided to write to Dumbledore . Was I surprised when he arrived at our hotel room so quickly considering I have only posted the letter yesterday ".

Harry let out a laugh at that when she widened her eyes as she said that .

He really liked this cousin of his . She seemed great . Far better than old Dudders .

Potions class was almost over when they walked into it . The greasy haired teacher was testing the potions that had cooled in the cauldrons .

He looked up when Harry walked in ,but seemed to hold back a remark when he spotted the two people with Harry .

" I'm sorry , Professor Snape . Professor Dumbledore just called me outside to introduce​ me to my cousin Alexandra and her boyfriend Carlisle ".

The Professor looked at the two people behind the boy ,but didn't comment .

The other teens in class eyed them curiously ,but remained quiet because they were in a class where the teacher could be very unfair if they disrupted it .

Harry lead Alexandra and Carlisle over to a table that held a boy with red hair and a brunette girl who's hair was thick and bushy .

He didn't speak to them because of being in class and waited for the Professor to finish with the testing . Everyone was fortunate enough to have the two people there because it seemed like it brought out the Professor's less meaner side . Nobody got yelled at and even though he insulted Neville Longbottom's disgusting brew , nobody lost House points .

The bell tolled and they left the class . The bushy haired girl and the red headed boy joined them as Harry took ahold of Alexandra's arm again .

He held onto​ her like he was afraid that she might vanish into thin air  .

" We'll go for lunch now . Then we'll be attending Transfigurations with Professor McGonagall ,Alex . She's nice in a stern way and she's the head of my House ".

Alexandra smiled at her cousin . She was glad that she'd taken the time to come to the UK . She got to see family again that she hadn't seen for a very long time .

" I look forward to meeting her ,Harry. Would you like to introduce your friends to me ?".

Harry looked at her a little startled . He hadn't thought of introducing his friends to her .

" Oh, sorry ,Alex . I don't know where my mind has run off to . This is Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger . We've been friends since first year . Ron, Hermione , this is Alexandra and Carlisle . They came all the way from the US to see me. "

The girl waved at them shyly while the boy only smiled . To him Alexandra was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen.

They reached the Great Hall after a few more minutes , following a steady stream of students who was making their way there as well.

Some of the students gawked at them . One of them, an impossibly pale white blonde boy leered at her .

She ignored him as best she could ,not seeing the dangerous glare that Carlisle gave him .

Then they reached the Great Hall and Harry lead them over to a long table that many students occupied .

" Hullo ,Harry . Who's your new friends?", a pair of twins with bright mops of red hair asked .

" Oh uh, well, this is Alexandra ,my cousin from America and her boyfriend Carlisle. Alex, Carlisle this is Fred and George Weasley , Ron's brothers. They're twins ".

Alexandra smiled at them. " Nice to meet you ", she said .

The twins smiled back at her . They didn't know Harry had a cousin in America. She was beautiful to them as well .

" Sit down and eat with us ", Harry invited looking​ at her pleadingly.

" Um...are you sure it's alright ?," she asked hesitantly . She didn't want the kids to go hungry because of her .

" Sweetheart , just eat ," Carlisle spoke up for the first time since coming there causing most of the girls around them to swoon ,which he ignored, of course," One of the Professors seems to want to have a word with me ".

She looked at him feeling slightly panicked ,but didn't say anything because she didn't  want to come off as being too clingy.

She sat down beside her cousin who started piling up food for her into a plate.

" Hello ", a boy from across the table greeted her ," I'm Neville ."

She smiled at him and held her hand out to him for a shake . " Alexandra ,but I like to be called Alex . I hate my long name . My twin sister Elena got lucky with the short one . We've got a brother too. Jeremy . He's seventeen. "

One of the Weasley twins almost choked on a mouthful of food at her words about having a twin.

Clearing his throat he asked " You have a twin?. I thought you were the only cousin from America".

She looked at him and laughed softly ." No, I do have siblings and yes I'm one of twins . My sister Elena's is the older one . "

" Oh," was all reply she got .

She ate her food and tried to be polite as everyone asked questions about her life in the States and all that.

She answered as well as she could and after lunch she worried because Carlisle hasn't returned yet .

" Don't worry , Alex . I'm sure Professor McGonagall and Professor Moody are only keeping him busy since his a doctor and everything ", Harry tried to comfort her .

She only nodded ,but kept worrying as she walked with him as and his friends to Transfigurations .

She let out a breath of relief when she walked into Transfigurations and found him waiting for her .

She rushed over to him and hugged him tightly .

" Mm, someone missed me ," he teased as he hugged her back .

She slapped his chest playfully before giving him a peck on the lips .

His eyes darkened with lust and before she could stop him ,he pulled her out into the hallway to kiss her soundly.
                💘💘💘
Sorry if it's short . 💘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

621K 12.7K 31
Elena Swan is the younger fraternal twin sister of Bella Swan. Elena has always been close with her father Charlie so when Bella suggested they stay...
361K 11.2K 147
Emily Gilbert is the older twin sister of Elena Gilbert by three minutes and the older sister of Jeremy Gilbert. Four months ago, their parents pass...
40.9K 1.2K 68
Elena's twenty-one year old aunt moves to Mystic Falls after the death of her brother; she live Seth Elena, Elena's brother, and Elena's other aunt...
34.6K 487 9
Katherine Swan; She's your typical 15 year old girl. She had dark brown hair, baby blue eyes and lightly tan skin. She lived with her mother and...