Pagliuzza (JeonKi Fanfiction)

By YoungLadyKei

[An AU FANFICTION of Song Joong Ki and Jeon Yeo Been.] Written by Czaryna Pedrozo and YoungLadyKei Inzhagi U... More

00
01
02
04
05
06 (PART 01)
06 (PART 02)
07
08
09
10
11
Kei's Note

03

488 28 12
By YoungLadyKei

Written by Czary

CHAPTER 3

Rendered speechless. 

Song Joong Ki's mouth left ajar, a crease visible on his forehead, thoughts running through his mind while his eyes chased the running figure until it disappeared as it made a hasty left turn towards the staircase. 

“Wha—wait! Miss!” Joong Ki let out a somewhat confused yell. He knew his shouts wouldn't be heard anyway. 

“Did she just?”

'Yes, she did.' His mind answering his verbal questions. 

“I swear I heard—” 

'Yes, you did. Weren't you just on the other side of the door?!' His mind scolds him. 

“Song Joong Ki—” 

'Yes! That's your name you moron!’

“She said so many—”

'Then go ask her!' 

Joong Ki was left feeling unsure. It certainly did not help conversing with his mind, and the fact that the steel door is still hanging open only replayed the words he heard in his head. 

It was not the first time, of course—to be ambushed by a girl, or to receive a letter, an anonymous gift, or to come to campus one day and see his face in a banner for all to see— asking him to be some girl's date, but this unexpected encounter felt, different. 

'No, not different.' A voice in him said. It was 'unreal.'

“Yes,” Joong Ki spoke to himself. 

It was ‘disorienting,’ the voice in his mind added. 

“Yes,” Joong Ki muttered, as he moved his right hand to the fabric of his sweatshirt, right where his chest is, feeling the sudden strong beats of his heart. Something definitely got iffy, and he didn't know why.

***

“Ugh!” Jeon Yeo Been swallows the stale potato chip anyway. She re-opened the bag of chips that was her dinner last night after going back to her dorm.  She'd finished her 4-hour work shift at a diner a few blocks away from Inzaghi University.

‘Such a pity if this goes to waste,’ Yeo Been continues. Satiating her afternoon hunger, placing the chip into her mouth, one piece at a time. Her gaze, blank, to her surrounding, as she slowly consumes the now chewy snack. She was heavily lost in her thoughts.

‘Stupid Beenie!’ Yeo Been frowned. Her mind assessing yesterday's mishap.

‘How can you not sense there was another person behind the door?’ A hand placing another chip in her mouth.

‘Why did you decide to use his name? Why did you run away?’ Two more greasy chips in.

‘You should have glared at him when you had the chance! Instead, you acted like a High School girl in a cheesy movie. What happened to you Beenie? Got star struck? Now he'll think you're crazy!’

“Maybe I am,” Yeo Been finally spoke, as if to prevent her mind from berating herself further. Her face contorting, disappointment written in her face.

“Relax,” Yeo Been said, falsely reassuring herself.

“That's the least of my proble—Aw!”

A group of laughter broke as a paper airplane hit Yeo Been square in the face. 

“Beenie! I'm sorry, did Edward the plane hurt you? Guys! Achievement unlocked, target reached!” That earned another round of laughter as Nam Joo-sung retrieved his paper airplane almost unapologetically. 

“Yah!” The slight pain reminded Yeo Been where she currently is. It was late in the afternoon and members of the Jipuragi Drama Club were called in by their Club Moderator, Mrs. Kwak Hee Soo. 

This Club is Yeo Been's breathing room, the other members, just like her, are an odd mix. They were at least friendly, welcoming, a little crazy if she were to say so, each caught up in their own bubble, but Yeo Been puts up with their antics anyway. The guy who had his paper planes littered across the room is Nam Joo-Sung, a pre-law junior student who loves engaging in CosPlays, his signature look: preppy buttoned sleeves with little patches and round glasses.

‘For maximum cuteness.’ Nam would always say.

The other members who also joined in the ruckus of laughter were the sporty couple, both scholars under the wrestling team program, Yeon-Jin and Chul-Wook. Today was apparently on ceasefire since the two found it entertaining to make Nam aim his planes towards Yeo Been's face. These are rare times when they'd agree on something, (at her expense no less) otherwise, they would be bickering, with Yeon-Jin almost always manhandling Chulwook with her weight-lifting prowess.

“You guys are sooo immature!” said Larry Kang, crossing his arms as he threw a look of annoyance towards Nam, Yeon-Jin and Chulwook. Larry is Mrs. Kwak's right hand student, he is the president of Jipuragi Drama Club for three years in a row whose areas of expertise include dance, acting and fashion.

“Come on Larry, Mrs. Kwak isn't even here yet. Loosen up,” said Seo Miri, the girl from across the room. She was standing up from beside the old piano. Her white ankle-length dress, together with her long black hair almost enveloping her face gives her a ghostly appearance. 

“Whatev—”

“And what is up with you Beenie?” said Seo Miri, the ‘piano lady’ who went towards Yeo Been, dismissing Larry Kang's rebuttal. 

Seo Miri sat beside Yeo Been, “What is up with you?” she repeated. “You're way OFF today than usual. Those three have been making fun of you since you started eating and you didn't even notice.”

“What are you talking about, I yelped didn't I?” Yeo Been massaging the bridge of her nose. 

"“Aish! Look!” Miri pointing at the pile of paper airplanes on either side of Yeo Been. 

“Oh.”

Yeo Been gestured to Miri to scoot closer to her, “You won't believe what happened yesterday...” Her voice dropped a notch.

***

Miri was shocked to say the least, As Yeo Been recounted everything, embarrassing details included. “I'm gonna miss you,” she said with concern. 

“Huh?”

“Because you should be packing your things now and never returning to IU again! Or—or—better yet—” 

“Could you please not over react?” Yeo Been cuts Miri off by placing a finger on her friend's mouth just when a professor-looking person enters the room.

“Ehem,” Mrs. Kwak clears her throat loudly. The middle aged woman, hair sleek, clad in a simple casual attire, easily silences the room as she scans every member of her Drama club with her spectacled eyes.

“Afternoon, everyone. I called you in today because of two things.” Mrs. Kwak signalled Larry to come forward. 

“First, I instructed Larry to give you flyers last time so that you can all help in recruiting members. Any updates on that? Hm?”

Everyone including Yeo Been avoided Mrs. Kwak's gaze. 

‘Ah yes, those flyers.’

In all honesty, Yeo Been did try to give them out. She didn't have a problem approaching people randomly, but the thing is, those damn flyers were so embarrassing. After all, you could invite students to join the Drama Club without having to place Larry's and Mrs. Kwak's faces right? And use vivid colors for the texts? It was 'eye-catching' alright. She managed to hand out some to an unsuspecting group of students, bowing apologetically as she thrusted the flyers into their hands. Intentionally hurrying off afterwards, never looking back to check if they even read or discarded them right away. 

“Larry here has printed out some more,” announced Mrs. Kwak. 

‘Great.’ More than half of those flyers were still cramped in her backpack. And there's more incoming. 

The other members groaned in protest. 

“Silence!” The Club moderator yelled, moving to sit atop the teachers desk. “If you just did your part then the sooner we can start with the production. We need more members to complete the characters in the script—Which brings me to my other agenda. I will no longer hold auditions for the cast of characters.” 

“You hear that, Honey? I'll be the male lead, and you'll be my partner! I told you so!” Chulwook said so confidently, never expecting a firm smack on the head from Mrs. Kwak. 

“Ayah! My head!”

“Aigo! Aigo! You never let me finish! How can I give you the lead role when you can't even memorize three lines?!”

Nam, Miri and Yeo Been exchanged glances, all three trying to contain their laughter. 

“Can I continue now? Anyone else want to say something?” Mrs. Kwak challenges everyone, as she returns to the desk, reclaiming her seat. “As I was saying, I already pre selected the students who will give life to our characters.”

‘Okay,’ Yeo Been thought. 

“I hope I get the zombie part,” Miri whispered to Yeo Been. 

“There are no zombies in the script, Miri.”

“You sure?”

The two ladies interrupted when the moderator clapped her hands, “Larry, would you like to do the honor?”

“My pleasure Ma'am.” Larry was holding a piece of paper. He carefully raised it, holding the paper with both hands, free fingers fanned out, so flamboyant in true Larry Kang fashion. 

“Oh, and I've read all your story pitches.” Mrs. Kwak intervened before Larry could speak. “I picked the most relatable yet fresh concept, so we're doing that one. I'm sorry, Chulwook but we can't do a love story between a North Korean soldier and a South Korean girl, I think I heard that story from somewhere already.” 

“It's okay, honey.” Yeon-jin comforts her dejected boyfriend. 

“Also, I think it would be a logistical nightmare if we're going to do a play about a female lawyer and an Italian Mafia bringing down an evil conglomerate while falling in love in the process. Very ambitious and well written, Mr. Nam, perhaps in the future, sell it to Netflix, I'm sure they'll love it.”

“I’ve read it too, Nam, it was very good, I just wished the lead characters really got together in the end,” Yeo Been complimented Nam, the latter really is a good writer. 

“Don't worry. I'm writing the sequel already. She'll join him in Malta!”

“Really?!” exclaimed an exciting Yeo Been. 

“Yah!” Mrs. Kwak called the attention of the two engrossed in their conversation. Yeo Been and Nam both bowed, surrendering. 

“So... that leaves us with one more story pitch. This, I think, is the best. And doable. It is about a college boy and girl who are already in love, all is well when the boy meets with an accident and loses his memory. The girl tries to win the heart of the boy back.”

"Awwww.” 

“How heartbreaking!” The group reacted. 

“You should all thank Larry for coming up with such a romantic story.” Mrs. Kwak leading to applaud Larry, the rest of the group follows.

Larry bows repeatedly, amused with himself. ‘Oooh, someone's enjoying the attention.’ Yeo Been thought, wishing Larry would go straight to the point already. 

“Stop it you guys, puh-lease.” Larry motioned them to stop, hands dramatically slapping the air. 

"“Soooo, Mrs. Kwak and I have chosen roles for each of you guys that we think would be perfect. First off, playing the role as friends of the main charac—” Larry Kang froze. 

Mrs. Kwak was the first to notice, ‘Why would Larry stop?’ So she got up and stood in front of him only to find Larry's mouth left open, his eyes wide, almost in shock. She followed the direction of his line of sight, towards the opened door just as a slim, tall, college boy with well defined facial features emerged. 

The rest of the room caught on, the movement by the door catching their attention. Everyone, especially one certain lady was NOT only surprised by the figure before them, but was mortified to see what the figure was holding in his hands. Realization dawning. Denial kicking in.

‘Is that my—? It can't be.’

“Good afternoon Ma'am. Is this the Jipuragi Drama Club? I read that you guys are looking for members, I would like to join. I'm Song Joong Ki by the way.”

‘Oh shit.’

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330K 11.6K 52
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
1.2M 52.1K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
397K 6.4K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
99.8K 3.1K 77
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...