A Different Kind

By CaritaCrafford

Alexandra or Alex for short leaves Mystic Falls to live with her Uncle Charlie Swan, the half brother of her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 18

4.8K 106 4
By CaritaCrafford

" Sissy , you're going up the mountain with Bella and Edward ", Elena said, looking at her twin that was staring through her window at the night sky .

" Seth's gonna carry you up there since Jacob would be carrying Bella. You'll be sleeping in a tent . You would've shared with Bella ,but she refused because of Edward who'd be there all the time . Just keep calm and don't go arguing with her because Edward's going to take her side instead of  yours."

Alexandra didn't comment . Her thoughts were on Carlisle, who she hadn't​ seen this past few days .

He hadn't called and she would've texted him if she'd known his number ,but she hadn't asked him for it . If she had to be honest ,he might not have hers either ,but still ,he could have let her hear from him . Making contact with her wasn't that hard.

" I'll pack a bag for you . I'm sure that you're going to need warm clothes . You never know when it's going to snow ".

Alexandra smiled at her twin , but that was all answer Elena would get from her .

Elena sighed. It seemed her sister was too broody today , to even listening to her talk . So she decided to pack the bag and go talk to Caroline, Alaric  and, surprisingly, Tyler and Elijah ,that had arrived for this fight .

They all probably needed time away from good old Mystic Falls. Same as her and the others.
              🎈✨✨🎈
" Well, here you go ", Seth Clearwater said  , placing Alexandra on her feet.

Alexandra cleared her throat and thanked him politely before walking to where Bella was standing with Edward and Jacob .

Bella glared at her and she knew that somehow that apology on graduation day hadn't meant a thing . Bella was still a little jealous that she had to share the attention with her .

She sighed . She wasn't trying to steal the attention and hadn't even asked for it .

" So , um which tent are mine ?", she asked as she reached them .

" The yellow and red one ", Edward said pointing to the one on the left ," Alice helped me put it up ".

" Uh... thanks . Tell that to Alice as well ".

" I will. Enjoy ."

She shot him a smile before walking to her tent . She would stay there so that Bella won't  make a fuss . She did after all bring along some books to read. Well, her sister packed them for her , anyway.

She first pulled her warmer clothes out of her bag so she would have easy access.

The sound of the zipper of the tent opening alerted her to someone coming to see her .

She looked up and stared . At Carlisle Cullen . He hadn't been there with Bella, Jacob and Edward a few moments ago .

" Hello, Alexandra ," he said crawling over to her since he couldn't exactly stand inside the tent .

" Um...Hi," she replied ," What're you doing here?".

" I thought I'd stay here tonight . Watch over you and all that ",he said​ ," Are you mad at me or something ?. You sound a little .... cold".

She sighed , closing her eyes briefly . " I'm not mad . I'm just curious why I haven't heard from you for a while . I shouldn't be surprised , though . It's not like we're together and it's not like you care , really."

" No , Alexandra, don't say​ that ," he said earnestly , grabbing her shoulders , looking into her eyes intensely ," Of course I care. I was just busy with work and the plan for tomorrow . I'm sorry if I made you feel like I don't care . I told you already that I want to be with you , didn't I . So, please don't think so low of me? ".

She looked down , suddenly feeling a little ashamed of herself for doubting him .

" I'm sorry ", she whispered lamely ," I'm not....not.... good with this kind of thing . I mean my twin was always the one who dated and I ....well , I just sort of shied away from stuff like that. "

He rubbed her shoulders up and down , trying to comfort her . Not that rubbing shoulders was in fact a comforting act , really.

" It's fine ," he said," I'm just glad that you and I understand each other now . If only a little. Have you eaten?. Esme sent some food for you and Bella. Bella wasn't hungry ,but I thought that you might be ."

She started to shrug and opened her mouth to speak when Edward called Carlisle outside .

She sighed softly , annoyed that he had to go again and leave her to be alone .
             🎈✨✨🎈
Carlisle seemed a little furious when he got back .

He didn't speak of the food again . He only pulled her on his lap and they spoke a little about her life before Forks .

She told him as much as she could and he listened even when he was as angry as he was.

She was hungry a little later and decided to check if Elena didn't pack her some energy bars or something because he didn't mention the food again .

It made her think that it was probably all gone , eaten by Jacob or Bella who seemed a little selfish as of  late.

" Um... what're you looking for ?", he asked her when she rummaged through her pack .

" Energy bars or something . I'm feeling hungry ", she admitted and felt him stiffen .

" If there's nothing, I can go home and get you something ," he offered .

She shrugged . He'd just confirmed to her that the food was all gone . Why did she even come camping with Vampires who didn't have to eat ?. It was no wonder that there wasn't anything to eat .

She finally pulled out a big slab of rasberry and milk chocolate flavoured energy bar .

" Uh..., Alexandra , energy bars aren't good for you ,you know . I mean , you're hungry and that won't sustain you throughout the night . Not to mention the amount of sugar that you'll be letting into your system ".

He was in doctor mode . It was adorable,but seeing as the food had disappeared , he had no say in what she should eat or not .

She ignored him and bit into the energy bar while rummaging through her pack to see if there was anything else for her .

She heard him sigh and then crawl to the tent opening .

A few moments later she was alone in the tent and she wondered why he left and if he was angry because she ate energy bars. 

She shrugged indifferently . It wasn't her fault that there wasn't food . The stupid Vampires that don't eat had set up camp.

She finished off the energy bar and found three bottles of water and smiled at how her sister seemed to actually know what she'd be needing .
At least she thought of something . Unlike the non eating Vamps.

She drank some water and then started dressing in her warm clothes . It was already getting cold and she didn't want to die of frostbite.
           🎈✨✨🎈
A hand touched her shoulder and she sat up groggily .

She must've fallen asleep after getting dressed in her warm clothes.

She looked at the person who'd touched her and groaned . It was just Edward .

" I'm sorry if I woke you ", he said ," I just wanted to check on you . See if you're okay . And I'm sorry that Bella decided to give all the food to Jacob . Carlisle did say that the food was for the three of you . She must not have heard . Anyway, Carlisle said that he'd be back later tonight . He had to go do something . "

She looked at him sleepily  and didn't bother commenting .

" You can go back to sleep . Sorry again ".

She laid back down and wondered why she even bothered coming there . 
She should've stayed home . Bonnie could've put up Vampire repellent spells and she'd be safer than on a mountain top where it's going to get freezing  soon enough .

She fell asleep again only to be awoken by Carlisle who had a take out bag of something warm .

She wasn't hungry anymore , having caught her second breath,so to speak . Yeah, sometimes one was hungry until a certain point and then the hunger would disappear only to reappear an hour or so later . The cycle would repeat itself a few​ more times until one ate something and you'd oftentimes overeat because of that.

" You should eat and then you can sleep again ," he told her ,but she wasn't hungry now .

" I'm not hungry anymore ", she grumbled ," I just want to sleep ".

She heard him sigh . " Come on, Alexandra , don't be difficult . I've brought you food because you were hungry earlier".

She pulled the sleeping bag's front cover over her and groaned . " Go away . I'm tired ."

Carlisle couldn't help but smile ,even if her telling him to go away stung a little .

" I'm not going anywhere until you ate something ", he said stubbornly ," I can't have you stay hungry because of an honest mistake ".

" Honest ," she scoffed ," Bella won't know what honest is when you slap her with it. You're​ her precious Cullens and I'm in the way . Just go give her the food . I'll be fine ".

Carlisle sighed at her spitefulness​ . He couldn't believe she could be like that and here he brought her food with his own hands and she was refusing it .

" Alexandra , I'm not going to beg you to eat . But if I have to , I'll force you to do so . You can't sleep on an empty stomach ."

" It's not empty . I ate an energy bar ", she defended , peaking at him from her sleeping bag ," Besides, I was hungry then . I can't force myself to be hungry now ".

He pinched the bridge of his nose and tried not to explode . The girl he was mated to ,was  trying his patience too much right now . He'd never gotten as angry as he felt right now . What in this world was she doing to him?.
              🎈✨✨🎈
Sorry if it's short. 🎈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 44.3K 23
Eleanor Mae Swan - informally known as Ellie by her friends - has always been the "ugly" twin compared to her sister Bella. Bella didn't have to try...
233K 4.8K 46
(Warnings smut, assault, gore and violence) Lily Gilbert (Swan) she's 17 years old and lived in Mystic falls with her adopted family Elana Gilbert a...
621K 12.7K 31
Elena Swan is the younger fraternal twin sister of Bella Swan. Elena has always been close with her father Charlie so when Bella suggested they stay...
753K 15.7K 16
Book One in the Alex Swan Series __________ Edited Previously: The Life of Alexandria Swan __________ What if in the twilight saga, Bella had a sist...