Alexandra Weasley: Book 6

By LivingTheDeadLife

Book 6 Voldemort's back. Publicly, this time. And as she discovers more about her own family, Alex finds hers... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61

42

570 29 99
By LivingTheDeadLife

"Sorry." He said. "I misread the signals."

He sounded closer, and she turned around. "Not really."

"Are you sure? I wanted to kiss you."

"I'm a relationship type of girl. I get attached. Plus, you know, my boyfriends end up dying so, a little cursed too. And it wouldn't work. You don't even like me."

"Boyfriend. Singular. One person doesn't make you cursed." He said. "And we're already friends. So, I'd be a little concerned if you weren't fond of me to some degree. I care about you too, and I definitely like you."

"No you don't. You've never been interested in me."

"Yes I have. You've just never realised."

"How long?"

"Um, I realised last year. Around the time you cut off your hair. I thought you still looked pretty despite the disaster." At her irritated look, he grinned. "That was a joke. But it was around that time. We were in the library, you told me I had Gryffindor-ish traits."

"Oh yeah. It was a Hogsmeade weekend, and Snape banned you from the trip. You wouldn't tell me why."

"I got into a fight with Nott."

"Oh." That explained everything. "Even still, you don't do girlfriends. You do girls."

"I might do girlfriends."

"You're saying you want to do the whole relationship thing?" She raised a brow.

"If it's the right person, yes!" He said defensively. "If it's you."

"Blaise.."

"Forget it. Just forget the last five minutes."

"Okay." She let out a heavy sigh. "No, actually. Not okay. How am I supposed to forget this?"

"So how do you feel?"

"You think that's the point? It is far, far more complicated than that. What if Voldemort kills you?"

"I'm a pureblooded neutral remember? As long as I mind my business, I'm fine."

"Yes, and I'm not supposed to be part of that business. You could get avada'd simply for looking at me wrong."

"Is this because of the same reason Draco's supposed to be your friend and all?"

"Yeah."

"So, you mean something to the Malfoy's?"

"No."

"Then why is Lucius Malfoy so invested in your well-being? And did you actually threaten him in third year?"

"Well, yeah. Sort of. But that's not why." She walked past him and back to the window, opting not to sit this time.

"Alex?"

"Okay, I need to talk to Hermione first. Can we continue this tomorrow?"

"You have to talk to Granger?" He repeated.

"I need to get my thoughts together. She helps me do that. Besides, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't even know I liked you."

"So you like me?" He said, smirking insufferably.

"That's what you took from this?" He nodded. "Okay, fine let's talk. Let's just forget that I have secrets. Actually, I would greatly prefer if you didn't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you."

"Is everything okay?"

"I'm adopted. Voldemort is my grandfather." She said, before hiding her face. She could feel as he got closer.

"Your grandfather?"

"See? This is why I should have talked to Hermione first. Otherwise I end up doing dumb stuff like this. Oh god."

"So, how does that work? I mean, you've grown up with the Weasleys."

"I didn't know until seven years ago." She said. "It's a long story."

"So you think your grandfather's so overprotective, he'll murder me for going out with you?"

"Well, I don't want to risk it."

"To be clear, you personally are not averse to... this?" He waved his hand between them.

"Personally, I am not." She agreed.

"Okay. So if the problem is your grandfather, then maybe he doesn't need to find out."

"You mean keep it secret?" He nodded.

"Yeah."

"He'll eventually find out."

"Do I have to become Light?"

"No! No, don't do that. That would be painting a different kind of target on your back."

"Oh thank god. Don't think I could deal with that."

"Be serious."

"I'm just trying to process that you, of all people, are the granddaughter of you know who."

"Voldemort. Say it."

"I'd rather not." He denied.

"What do you mean? Me of all people?"

"You're a Weasley and a Hufflepuff. You're the last person I'd expect to be related to the dark lord."

"Yeah, okay. I guess." She shrugged.

"Shocking parentage aside, if you and I do like each other, and a public relationship is out of the question, because I am interested in staying alive, what if we tried to keep it a secret?"

"Because it wouldn't work."

"It could. Besides don't girls like secret romances?"

"Oh, yeah. And we all take etiquette classes and walk with good posture."

"You do?"

"You're an idiot." She laughed. He smiled, and leaned forward, putting his hand on the wall behind her.

"Come on, let's give it a go. Secret romance. We'll live off stolen moments, and sneak around school. No one has to know." He whispered into her ear.

"A secret love affair?" Alex said. "Is that supposed to be romantic?"

"You're not going for this, are you?"

"Maybe you just need to make a better case? Be a little more convincing."

"Like... maybe a sample?" He offered.

"A taste might be persuasive." Her eyes twinkled mischievously. He placed his hand on her face and moved to angle his face close to hers. He stopped a hair's breadth away from her lips, and she closed the space.

"So are you convinced?" He asked, with a smug smirk after they broke apart. She laughed.

"Maybe some more persuasion is needed."

They ended up leaving the room close to midnight. Alex snuck back into her room, hoping her roommates were all asleep. She had no such luck, and was almost attacked by Charlie.

"There you are!"

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" Alex retorted.

"Where were you?"

"Visiting Draco in the hospital wing."

"Madam Pomfrey let you stay so late?"

"No. We had to leave, but we snuck back in."

"Oh. How is Malfoy?"

"He's fine. His ego took a blow. He's got some scars, but we'll just have to wait to see if they heal over."

"He's a jerk and I hate him, but I hope he's okay." She said and Alex smiled.

"He will be, thanks."

"So what are you going to do to Potter?"

"Who says I'm doing anything to him?"

"Well, I'm sure you'd tell Dumbledore, except Dumbledore would never do anything to his golden boy."

"Dumbledore already knows. And I don't hurt people. Well, sometimes I punch, but that only happened once and it was sort of an accident. Either way, Potter hurt my friend and revenge would include hurting him back. I won't do that."

"I already know you, Alex. I know you've got some plan. You don't have to say anything, but if you need an alibi," Charlie shrugged, gesturing to herself.

"Thanks."

A/N- Charlie's a real one, lmao. And okay, so Alex and Blaise are together now. Hehe

Favourite line is "I thought you still looked pretty despite the disaster." Because this boy is actually incapable of being serious for more than a minute.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.1K 2.2K 109
Not even the Youngest Descendant of Godric Gryffindor knew what was so special about her family's sword. The one that their useless fake had been mis...
18.6K 376 38
When Hermione finds out she's a Zabini her life turns upside down, soon her past comes to haunt her and she's suddenly surrounded by secrets. What ha...
224K 9.5K 130
Iris Rosier always believed she was the odd one out. She didn't share her family's beliefs and constantly felt as though she was different from them...
9.2K 337 41
"He brought you in now, he made this now because something's coming we all know it, he knows it and he wants to best chance at winning." As another...