A Different Kind

By CaritaCrafford

Alexandra or Alex for short leaves Mystic Falls to live with her Uncle Charlie Swan, the half brother of her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 16

5.6K 128 14
By CaritaCrafford

" I didn't recognise any of them...Well, maybe one ", Alice Cullen spoke to her family, the three Wolves that had come for the party, Alexandra ,Bella and Alexandra's siblings and friends .

Alice had a vision and the supernatural beings in the house and the few select humans had gathered in an empty room .

Elena had dragged Alexandra with her and now she was sitting between Bonnie and Elena listening to what Alice had seen.

She felt eyes on her and she didn't have to look to see that those eyes belonged to Carlisle .

She didn't know what he wanted . Why he even looked at her .

She didn't feel uncomfortable under his stare . It was just not something she understood coming from him .

She grabbed her twin's hand ,who immediately squeezed hers , but not too tightly. 

" They were passing around Bella's scent and something of Alexandra's , a little pink Teddy ".

" Oh no ,they took Tummy Gummy?!", Alexandra shrieked out in shock , earning herself looks from everyone that clearly asked if she was insane ," Sorry," she added lamely ," I just wondered where Tummy Gummy went  . See I left him on the couch and he was gone . I've been looking for him . Poor Tummy Gummy. "

" Uh...She likes the Gummy bears . Or did when we were little ...So...uh... don't mind her ", Elena said awkwardly .

" So, they're after Bella...and Alex ?", Jacob Black asked .

" Um...Yes", Alice confirmed .

" Why me ?. I didn't do anything to them ", Alexandra said .

" Neither did I ", Bella said .

" We don't know why . It could be anyone , but don't worry we'll fight them and protect you both", Carlisle stated sincerely ,his eyes on Alexandra .

" Well, we're in", Jacob said .

Bella let out a protest stating that they'll get themselves killed .

Jacob ignored that and proceeded to negotiate​ with the Cullens .

But Bella didn't give up . Whining about them going to get hurt because of her.

It didn't work . She was just reminded that it wasn't just because of her . The Cullens and everyone was at risk of getting hurt .

This whole thing reminded Alexandra and the others from Mystic Falls of their past .

It didn't take long to work out a schedule for training.

To Alexandra's surprise Elena was going to participate too. When she asked why Elena said that they'll speak later .

Alexandra frowned at her ,but let it go .

It wasn't long before they all went back to the party and Alexandra decided to go get some fresh air on the back porch .

She didn't feel like partying anymore. She just wanted to go home and sleep or something.

It wasn't long before she felt a presence behind her . She knew who it was even before the person spoke .

" Are you alright ?", Carlisle Cullen's voice confirmed it .

" Yes ", she replied," I'm used to being in danger . Well ,Elena and I are ,that is . It's nothing new . "

He clenched his fists as he heard her say that . He knew he wasn't there to protect her when she was in danger before and even if he felt bad because of that ,he knew that it wasn't his fault or anything . He haven't been in her life then .
But now he was and he'd be fighting for her until his last breath . Even if he technically didn't breath at all.

" It might be so ,but you don't have to be alright . You are allowed to be afraid . You're only human if you are . I'll be here for you if you need me ."

She turned around to look at him . " I'm really not scared . After being drained by a Hybrid and almost dying because of that , I don't fear anything ".

His eyes darkened at her words . It made him furious ,but also made him realise how he actually knew nothing about her life before she came to Forks .

It was his own fault for not taking the time to know her.

" I'm​ going back inside ," she said ," Not that I'm actually interested in this party anymore ,but I can't leave without offending Alice and I'll be having Bella on my case for that , so... I guess I have no choice  but to stay ".

" I could take you home ,if you want . I'm not a fan of this party either . Come on , I'll go tell Alice . She won't be disappointed if it's coming from me ".

She didn't argue with that.  She was rather grateful to get away .
           🥀🌼🌼🌼🥀
The drive back to her Uncle's house was silent .
Not even the radio played .

She sat staring at the dark silhouette of the trees beside the road , while occasionally looking back to look at the silent Vampire sitting beside her .

Alice hadn't even protested against it when he told her that he was taking  her ,Alexandra, home .

It was weird and confusing . The tiny mysterious smile on Alice's lips had been concerning to say the least .

What did the pixie vamp mean with that smile ?.

A cold hand touched hers that lay in her lap . She looked down then up at him .

He wasn't looking her way ,but she was sure that maybe he might be side eyeing her .

Without thinking she placed her other hand over his ,  thus holding it secured between both of hers.

He didn't pull away and that made her wonder if maybe he wanted her to hold his hand .

She frowned . It was so easy to be around him . To touch him . It was as if....if...they are a couple or something . It shouldn't be this easy.

His hands were smooth and surprisingly didn't feel like marble or anything . It was soft too.
But still cold . Not overly deathly cold , but still.

After a few minutes he took away his hand ,but only to change gears before placing it back in her lap .

The house wasn't​ dark when they finally arrived . She could hear the sound of the TV when he walked her up to the front door where he kissed her cheek before walking away without a word .

She had the urge  to run after him and kis his cheek or maybe his lips ,but she didn't . She only  watched him get into his car after he gave a last wave and drive off down the street .

She didn't stay out long after that . She went inside and found her Uncle watching an old western movie with Clint Eastwood as the hero .

" Did you have a great night?", he asked when she walked over to greet him .

" Not really . I'm not one for parties ,Uncle. How about you ?."

He chuckled. " I watched a game and now I'm watching a movie . So , it was okay . My night, I mean".

" That's great. Um .. I'm going to bed. I'm pooped . Goodnight ,Uncle ".

" Goodnight,Alex".

She walked upstairs and grabbed her PJ's which consisted of blue and white striped cotton pants and a blue cotton long sleeved vest .

She got dressed quickly in the bathroom and walked back to her room only to halt in surprise because there , looking at her family's pictures , stood none other than the doctor whom she was sure had dropped her off only minutes ago.

" Doctor Cullen ?", she asked , hoping that her eyes was deceiving her ,but when he looked at her she knew that her eyes wasn't .

" What are you doing here ?", she asked ," Didn't you just leave?".

He only stared at her . His  topaz eyes taking in her non-sexy PJ's and strangely enough, he liked it. That was insane ,yes, because what guy in his right mind would like cotton PJ's  ?.

" I did leave ,but then I decided to come back ", he said walking over to her ,his eyes intense .

" Oh", she said feeling the urge to run ,but her legs was useless right then and there ,rooted to the floor as if she was a tree .

He smiled down at her when he halted in front of her .

Lifting a hand , he touched her face ,trailing a finger slowly over her cheek to her lips .

" I kissed your cheek and thought that ,that would satisfy my need to actually kiss you . But it didn't . I don't want to scare you away , but I can't stay away from you anymore . "

She locked eyes with him , her cheek burning instead of feeling cold at his touch.

" I want to be with you, Alexandra. I'd like to get to know you better . If you let me ,that is . I won't fo_"

She found herself on her tippy toes for the second time that evening ,but this time she didn't kiss his cheek  . She kissed his lips , effectively silencing him  and before she knew it, he was holding her against him and kissing her back .
            🥀🌼🌼🌼🥀
I'm not good at describing kisses so I'll leave it there . Hope you enjoyed , though .🌼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 4.8K 46
(Warnings smut, assault, gore and violence) Lily Gilbert (Swan) she's 17 years old and lived in Mystic falls with her adopted family Elana Gilbert a...
361K 11.2K 147
Emily Gilbert is the older twin sister of Elena Gilbert by three minutes and the older sister of Jeremy Gilbert. Four months ago, their parents pass...
166K 4K 32
Elena and Zoe Gilbert are doppelgänger twins, sharing the same features, but not personality Zoe has more of the rebel type, but doesn't mean she car...
753K 15.7K 16
Book One in the Alex Swan Series __________ Edited Previously: The Life of Alexandria Swan __________ What if in the twilight saga, Bella had a sist...