How To Save A Life - Grey's A...

By wheredidthegoodgo

HEY GUYS !! if ur reading this it means u stumbled across my story/account ! as much as i am proud of this st... More

A big day
New beginnings
An accident
Finding the lost
Love, Lies and Deceit
Does she still remember
Driving down recovery road
Hoping you're someone I used to know
But you're probably with that blonde girl
Who always made me doubt
I can't tell you what I'll write, they're words without the paper
A/N
Somebody said you got a new friend
I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me
I did my best, it wasn't much, I couldn't feel so I tried to touch
All my troubles on a burning pile, all lit up and I start to smile
We were love drunk waiting on a miracle
So alone in love like the world had disappeared
Never got the chance to say a last goodbye, I gotta move on but it hurts to try
What I would do to take away this fear of being loved, an allegiance to the pain
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you...
A/N
Just like the day that I met you, the day I thought forever
I bet you even tell her how you love her
Twisted reality hopeless insanity, I told you I was okay but I was lying
You'll be the prince and i'll be the princess its a love story baby just say yes
I've been a victim of a selfish kind of love
Hold on I still need you
Breathe
Somewhere between unsure and a hundred
How to save a life
Heartbeat make me feel young again
Take a sad song and make it better
I moved on for the better, you moved on to whoever
Got a pretty face, a pretty boyfriend too
The things I did, just so I could call you mine
Guess you didn't cheat, but you're still a traitor
Good for you, you look happy and healthy, not me
Character descriptions
I said, excuse me you're a hell of a guy
I'll always remember us this way
The less I know, the better
Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air
Hello? It's me

Why you still talking 'bout me like we together?

162 3 4
By wheredidthegoodgo

THANK YOU FOR 200 VOTES, 6.4k READS AND 300 COMMENTS THANK YOU I LOVE YALL

Elena's POV

''Ex-wife!'' I corrected him. ''We're not married anymore, we never really were.'' I tried to remain calm for Stefan's sake, I didn't want to hurt him even more. 

''Oh, but we are.'' Matt corrected with a grin.

''What are you talking about? I signed the papers years ago!'' I was beginning to get extremely annoyed. 

''Really? That's funny.'' He said smugly. I turned away from Matt and faced Stefan, he was clearly confused and hurt. 

''Stefan. It's not what it looks like, I promise! Just give me a chance to explain! Please, Stefan!'' I begged as he began to pick up his things and walk out into the pouring rain. 

''Why am I even surprised? This was too good to be true anyway.'' He strode over to the exit of the building, coat on and bags in hand, and waited for the sliding doors to open enough to fit through. I glanced angrily back at Matt before turning on my heels and running after Stefan. 

''Wait, wait Stefan! I can explain! This isn't too good to be true, there is an explanation, just hear me out!'' I begged while running after him out in the pouring, Seattle rain. 

''You've had so many opportunities to tell me! So many!'' He yelled back as we stood in the middle of the car park now soaking wet. 

''I know, and I didn't because I didn't think it was important.'' I admitted.

''Not Important!? Ar- are you insane? You have a husband, Matt, and you didn't think he was important, you thought that that small detail wouldn't be important in our relationship?'' Stefan yelled in the carpark not caring who stopped and stared. 

''That's just it! I didn't know he was still my husband! He mailed me the divorce papers year ago, I signed them and mailed them back. He emailed me telling me he filed them but he obviously didn't!'' I said trying not to make excuses for my actions, but give an explanation for the situation. I was so mad at Matt at that moment. 

''Nice story, you expect me to believe that?! I'm not a brain-dead moron! Stop making excuses for your lies.'' He began to turn his back on me.

''Don't turn your back on me!'' I yelled.

''I should have turned my back on you ages ago!'' He yelled back just as loud. 

''No, you shouldn't have! You love me, and I love you!'' I tried to salvage whatever we had left of our relationship. 

''Loved you.'' He corrected. 

''That's not true! You can't just turn it off, it's not a switch in the bottom of your heart. It's a feeling, a chemical. You can't change that in one minute.'' I defended. 

''Fine, I may still love you, but I do not love your actions! You are married and you didn't tell me!'' He dropped his bags on the floor and walked up closer to me. I broke the eye contact and noticed Matt running in our direction. ''Great! Here comes your husband!''

''Ex husband!''

''Not legally.'' His face dropped, the yelling stopped and the sound of the pouring rain filled the silence. 

''Matt, you've done enough! Just leave.'' I yelled at him. He came to my hospital, destroyed my relationship, and for what?

''I came to see you, I didn't mean to ruin your relationship.'' 

''Are you dumb? You called me your wife 10 minutes ago in front of him! I'm not your wife! I married you 5 years ago so you could make your ex-girlfriend jealous! That's it! You were a nice, desperate guy in need of a girl to pretend. We started dating, got married to make your ex jealous, broke up and then divorced! Stop talking about us like we're still together! Stop talking about us like we were in love! Because we weren't, or at least I wasn't! I love Stefan, I never loved you.'' I ranted to him, blurting out all the details. Matt stood there dumbfounded, unable to move or say anything. He had no defence, no argument against me because everything I said was 100% true. 

''See Stefan! There was an explanation, you just had to listen to me! Matt is irrelevant!'' I said not caring that Matt was behind me. Stefan stood there staring at me, unsure if he should forgive me or resent me. I may have had an explanation, but I still withdrew the truth from him. It's not lying, it's called selective truth. What he didn't know couldn't hurt him. Plus, it wasn't something I thought would ever be brought up again, I never told anyone about it! 

At this time we were all soaking wet, still standing in the car park of the hospital in the rain. I faced Stefan and just looked at him lovingly, hoping he could find it in him to forgive me. I turned back to Matt furious. 

''Matt, just LEAVE!'' I snapped! I had had enough of him. He slowly turned around and headed for his car. ''I am drawing up divorce papers! Meet me here tomorrow 10 am, we're getting this over and done with! And I am filing, best believe they will end up in the right place this time!'' I screamed as he walked away. 

''So what about us?'' I asked softly, approaching him slowly as to not scare him away. 

''I need time to think. I understand your situation and I understand that what happened isn't your fault. But Elena, you basically lied to me. I never specifically asked but there were many opportunities for you to tell me this!''

''I know, but I didn't think it was ever going to be an issue again!'' I clasped his hand with mine hoping he wouldn't pull away. He accepted my touch but didn't reciprocate it. He just gazed at me, there was no emotion in his eyes. He looked blank. He looked emotionally exhausted.

''I'm gonna go think. I'm gonna have a shower, eat some food and go to bed. We have the wedding tomorrow so I guess I'll see you then.'' He pulled his hand away from mine, brought it up to my cheek and gently caressed it. He understood it wasn't my fault, but he was upset I didn't tell him, which was understandable. He broke the eye contact, removed his hand from my cheek and bent over to pick up his soaking bags. He opened the door to his Porsche 356B Karmann Coupe (pls google it! It's gorgeous) and drove away. 

*the next day* 

Amelia's POV

Everyone was seated inside the beautiful chapel, the sound of soft chatter could be heard from the small room I was in out the back. Meredith made a few final touches to my appearance and the kids were lined up ready to head outside the doors. 

''I don't think I can do this...'' I blurted out. I didn't mean to say that out loud, that was supposed to be an inside thought. Oops. ''I don't know what I'm doing.'' I said it out loud again. ''I have no one here to drive the getaway car. All I have is Maggie. And Maggie is full of sunshine, and candy and hope... and every time I try to tell her the world is on fire she hands me a damn marshmallow to roast, so that just leaves you. You, Meredith. So here I am, in a wedding gown, on the happiest freaking day of my life in a room full of people who are trying to tell me that I shouldn't be worried, that this isn't one of the biggest decisions in my life. So please, Meredith, help me!'' I exhaled heavily.

''I can be here for you, I know how to do this. I can be a twisted sister for you. Just- how do you wanna play this? Do you need me to tell you you're a beautiful bride and to get your ass down that isle? Do you need a shoulder to cry on, I have two. Do you wanna freak out and call it off, you wanna run? I'll drive the getaway car. Just let me know what you need, I'm here for you. I am your family Amelia, today I am your person.'' Meredith said kindly.

''I need you to get me down that isle. I need you to tell me I'm not crazy for freaking out, but I also need you to push me down there because deep down, I know this is the right thing.''

''I can do that. Now let's go. Kids, get your baskets and start walking down slowly.'' Meredith said 

The kids walked slowly down the aisle, the guests turned their heads back in anticipation to see me. Meredith, Lexie and Addison walked down the aisle as my brides maids, calm and collected they prepared me for my part. Derek was waiting there by the door for me. He held his elbow out waiting for me to thread mine through. The music began, everyone stood up and Derek and I made our way slowly down the aisle. I looked up and locked eyes with Link. He smiled lovingly, completely in awe. A tear rolled down my cheek, as did his, and I made it to the end and placed my hands in his. The pastor began the wedding. We said our vows and were almost finished. 

''May I have the rings please?'' The pastor said as he turned to Meredith. Meredith felt around in her pocket for the box with the rings but all she felt was emptiness. I tried another pocket, and another, but they were all empty.

''Just one second.'' Meredith said to the pastor. Meredith turned to Addison beside her and began whispering.

''I forgot the rings.'' 

''You forgot the rings?'' Addison whispered back her tone full of worry. 

''I forgot the rings!'' 

''Shit!'' Addison said as she felt her pockets just to be sure. Lexie did the same but was unsuccessful as well. 

''Hi, Um.. so... there has been a slight issue. I don't have the rings.. but I will! Don't worry it's all good!'' Meredith announces to the pastor and guests. ''Zola, honey, run into the back and look for a little velvet box on the table!'' Meredith whispered to Zola. Zola obeyed and quietly ran to the back room. Shortly, she returned with the box and everyone exhaled. 

''I'm so sorry! I forgot to grab them on the way out! But uh.. here I guess.'' She handed the rings to the pastors and the wedding continued. 

''Do you take Atticus Lincoln to be your lawfully wedded husband?'' The pastor asked

''I do.''

''And do you take Amelia Shepherd to be your lawfully wedded wife?'' 

''I do.''

''Well by the power of the church, and the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss each other.'' 

I placed my hands on his neck, his hands around my waist. Our lips gently pressed together, it was a deep but soft kiss. Not too steamy, not too dry. We separated and looked out to the standing ovation of our friends and family. We walked hand in hand down the aisle, everyone congratulating us and clapping as we passed. Scout was in a pram being pushed by Zola which was waiting at the end of the aisle. We took the pram and continued walking. Our first walk as an official family. 

a/n: I'm so sorry if this is shitty. I am in no mood to write a wedding so if it's not sappy enough im sorry. If it's too brief im sorry i just am really in the mood to create conflict. I tried so hard to let them stay together, i had to fight every fibre of my being to not make Amelia run away and cause a scene. be grateful they got their happy ending. anyway byeee (i also didnt edit so if there's mistakes i promise im not dumb im just tired. i'm also going thru my old chapters and editing them. honestly, im re reading them and im baffled that u guys read them and thought they were good. i am quite disgusted by my writing so im so sorry u had to read that!)

- xoxo greys anatomy girl 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 432 31
ENDING = CLIFFHANGER IM SORRY I GOT LAZY -Grey's Anatomy Fanfic ... ‼️MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS (s1-17/18) OF GREY'S ANATOMY‼️ ... (This story takes place...
181K 5.4K 49
Greys Anatomy AU ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ The Seattle Grace and Mercy West merger is in process. Derek and Addison are finalizing their divorce. Meredith and Alex are...
23K 540 109
A complicated relationship between MER and DER .......read a find out what happen in their life..... This story is a emotional rollarcoaster. FYI thi...
9.1K 118 15
Years have gone by since Matthew and April got married and they lived a simple marriage. They had Harriet every other week and spent the rest of thei...