A Different Kind

By CaritaCrafford

Alexandra or Alex for short leaves Mystic Falls to live with her Uncle Charlie Swan, the half brother of her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 15

5.7K 132 6
By CaritaCrafford

" Congratulations ,Sissy ", Elena Gilbert told her twin as Alexandra walked off the stage after the graduation ceremony .

Elena , Bonnie , Stefan, Damon and Jeremy had taken the time to drive over for her graduation.

Elena was different. Alexandra could feel it . It was as if their twin bond hung in tatters and she didn't know why .

" Thanks, Lena . I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your graduation day".

Elena waved a hand in dismissal ." It's okay . Klaus and his family are in Mystic Falls and he still doesn't know that you're alive . It's better this way . But wait , I gotta go say congratulations to Bella . Come on ."

She took Alexandra's hand to lead her to where Bella was speaking to the Cullens .

" Hey , Congratulations ,Bells !", Elena called out smiling at her cousin and was about to hug her when Edward blocked her path .

Alexandra, who'd stood beside her sister, gaped at him in surprise not knowing what was wrong with him  .

" Keep your distance ", he snarled through clenched teeth.

Elena glared up at him . " Look here , Cullen . She's my cousin . I have the right to congratulate her . So , get your behind out of my way or I'll crush it for you ", she snarled right back at him .

" Lena , what's_" Alexandra began ,but her sister cut her off with a " I'll tell you later ,Sissy " and Alexandra couldn't help but nod and keep quiet  while Elena still glared at Edward who after a few moments stepped aside​ with a deep sigh .

Elena hugged Bella and forced Alexandra to hug her as well .

" Sorry, Bella, but Lena's a bossy one ", she whispered into her cousin's ear .A cousin she'd been avoiding for weeks .

Bella giggled at that and whispered a soft " Congratulations , Alex ", to her .

" Congratulations to you too ,Bells ", she returned before pulling away from her .

That's when Damon Salvatore sauntered over . " We're staying for a few more days , Elena . Your Uncle seems to have taken a liking to Saint Stefan ."

Elena smiled ." Guess I can catch up with Alex then . "

Alexandra smiled at that ,but didn't comment , her eyes having caught that of the doctor who haven't spoken to her since that day Bella and she had that fight .

His lips pulled up at the corners into a close lipped smile . She smiled back , feeling her heart flutter strangely.

Her sister grabbing her hand caused her to look away and she missed the way Elena shot the doctor a glare , before dragging her off to where their Uncle was talking to Jeremy and Stefan .
           🌷🌱🌱🌷
" Please ,Alex , just come with me to this party ", Bella pleaded," Elena's going too and so is your friends. And I'm sorry for being such a bitch weeks ago . I guess I was jealous and I'm not anymore because Edward talked sense into me  ".

Alexandra looked up from where she sat on her bed . Bella was being sincere . So she had no choice but to apologize herself for being a bitch too.

" I'm sorry as well and,  okay , I'll go to the party with you ,but I'm not dressing up into formal wear ".

Bella grinned widely and jumped on her , hugging her tightly . " Oh, thank you. And don't worry . I'm not dressing up either . I hate dressing up ".
The two giggled at that and then Bella left to go tell Elena that Alexandra would be going to the party too .

It wasn't even an hour later when they reached the Cullens' house . The party was almost starting ,but they were the first guests​ to arrive .

" Well, this is cute ", Damon commented as they walked up to the front door where Alice and Jasper greeted them.

Seeing Jasper ,Damon halted with wide eyes . " Major Whitlock ?", he enquired in surprise ," How the hell are you alive ,or is my eyes deceiving me ?".

Jasper smiled . " No , you're eyes aren't deceiving you, Soldier . It's really me . And I can ask you the same . How the hell are you alive?".

Damon's surprised look vanished . " Touché ,Major . I guess we got a lot to talk about  then ".

" Yes , we do ,Damon . Come find me once this party is over and welcome to this house ".

Damon nodded . " Thanks and I'll see you after the party . "

The group walked inside and Alexandra​ separated from the others to look at some of the decorations .

A hand touched her shoulder and she looked up to see that it was the doctor.

He motioned with his eyes for her to follow him. So she did , feeling a little curious about what he wanted .

He lead her to a room filled with books and a nice desk that must've been very expensive .

There he closed the door behind them and walked over to a cupboard with safe behind a false board .

There he pulled out a package neatly covered with wrapping paper .

She stood looking at everything around her while she waited . There was a large oil painting on the one wall that looked old . For some reason it made her feel a little scared .

Then he was with her again , holding the package out to her and she took it even if she felt a little reluctant to .

" Open it ", he said ," I'd like to see if you like it. And congratulations , Alexandra . "

" Um... thanks ,I guess ," she said before unwrapping the gift .

Inside was a maroon coloured box and inside the box was a beautiful  rose shaped locket on the end of a  chain .

" Um...Wow ", she gasped ," It's beautiful . Thank you , Doctor Cullen . But why give me a gift ?. "

He took the necklace from her to help her put it on . " Because I wanted to ," he said , unwilling to tell her about what she was really to him ," And your welcome . "

She felt his cold fingers brush against her neck , causing her to shiver involuntarily .

It wasn't because she felt cold ,but something strange seemed to make a home inside of her and she didn't know what it was .

She quickly stepped away from him , hoping that he didn't see the blush that suddenly appeared on her cheeks .

" I should probably get back to my friends . Thanks again , Doctor Cullen".

With that said she was​ about to walk away when he stopped her by grabbing her wrist .

" Don't leave yet please , Alexandra . And I've told you before I'm Carlisle . Being called​ Doctor Cullen by you of all people feels ....well....wrong ".

She looked down at his hand on her wrist before looking up at him . " I can't call you Carlisle . It'll be like calling my Uncle by his name only. It'll be disrespectful and inappropriate ".

" No, Alexandra . That's not true . I want you to call me Carlisle . I want ....",he sighed , letting go of her wrist ," Go if you must . I'll see you later . "

She bit her lip and looked at him . Somehow she knew what he wanted , but she wasn't sure if that was a good thing .

Standing on her tippy toes she placed a kiss on his cheek . It was an impulsive gesture . Something she didn't normally do .

Her cheeks heated up as she walked away and her heart beat like a million drums .

Carlisle watched her go , touching his cheek , wishing that she'd rather had kissed him on the lips .

That would've been absolutely fantastic .
           🌷🌱🌱🌷
Enjoy .🌷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

621K 12.7K 31
Elena Swan is the younger fraternal twin sister of Bella Swan. Elena has always been close with her father Charlie so when Bella suggested they stay...
2.1K 64 7
Set after Breaking Dawn and during The Vampire Diaries season 7, although I've played around with the timeline a little. What if Bella's name had nev...
166K 4K 32
Elena and Zoe Gilbert are doppelgänger twins, sharing the same features, but not personality Zoe has more of the rebel type, but doesn't mean she car...
40.9K 1.2K 68
Elena's twenty-one year old aunt moves to Mystic Falls after the death of her brother; she live Seth Elena, Elena's brother, and Elena's other aunt...