Faryah

By Kulthumm_a

Ever Since Faryah was six, she couldn't say words out loud. She was mute due to an alleged accident she had w... More

Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8
9.
10
11.
12
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
Finale
Bonus Chapter
A truck load of thanks

82

290 9 1
By Kulthumm_a

-----------------Los Angeles, California.

----------------------------Masjid Umar Ibn Al Khattab, two weeks later, 2:00pm

" I, Faryah Edwards Mustapha have given myself away in Nikkah to you, Khalid Myles Olyster on the agreed Maher " My heart was literally dancing inside me as I let those words escape my lips.

" I have accepted the Nikkah" Khalid answered and I could hear Raihannah's tiny squeal from beside me.

I have never been happier. I could finally hug him and cling to him always like before. Alhamdulillah.

My heart was at ease and I was alive Alhamdulillah. If a minute had passed that faithful day and I wasn't given proper CPR, I would've either returned to Allah or had severe brain damage but here I was now. I was fine Alhamdulillah. I was happy and everything was right again in my life.

Miss Hae Soo and Alejandro Martinez were gone and Najmah was back to us again with Zarah's help. I could finally sleep well with my mind at ease because my daughter was back home.

We were all happy again.

Genuinely.

Miss Hae Soo got severely burnt but Allah didn't take her life. She was in prison now and so was Zarah's adopted father. He lost his legs. They were both given life imprisonment. The Judge was given concrete evidences in court supported by all the witnesses. Zarah, Tyler and Shim Seon Ah. 

We were living without fear of someone attacking us at anytime and Alhamdulillah.

This was the reward for our Sabr . A big and happy family.

Everything that happened to I and Khalid kept us together, the hardships and the problems. Everything.

I was the one Khalid was meant to find.

Me, Faryah Edwards Mustapha.

The girl that was once mute, helpless. The girl that was once bullied.

She ended up having a happily ever after.

Grandpa Musa and Julius would be more than happy if they were alive.

My mind raced to what Sophia said to me earlier this morning as she helped me put my dress on. She said the last thing her brother Neill said before he passed was my name. It confused both of us but no one could answer our questions now, Neill was dead and there was no way we could bring him back so we decided that let that slide.

My marriage with Khalid was now sealed in the eyes of Allah. We were husband and wife again. We've already signed our Nikkah contract and there we were, happily married.

Our families and friends were here to witness it with us. Even Khalifa's mom and dad flew all the way from Nigeria to attend my wedding. Khalifa was here as well and so was Zarah.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek from all the joy and I instantly dried my eyes with my hands that were fully decorated with red and black beautifully designed henna.

Khalid intertwined our hands and slowly pulled me closer to him as soon as the imam was done.

" Finally.  I love you so much Faryah" I heard him say as I rested my head on his shoulder. I was so happy.

Khalid

The banquet hall was filled with a lot of faces beaming with vivacity and extreme happiness. The only radiant face I wanted to keep staring at forever and ever, till the end of my time was that of Faryah Edwards Mustapha. My wife.

I honestly thought I lost her few weeks ago. Her heart stopped beating for some minutes but luckily the paramedics arrived on time and they helped save her. Allah gave her life back to her because it wasn't her time to leave us. We still had many more dreams to accomplish and many more kids to raise. I already began to imagine my life without Faryah and it looked so horrible and disastrous but Alhamdulillah, none of my thoughts came to reality.

" Congratulations guys!" Sophia, Firdaus and Faryah's cute Nigerian friend chirped all at once as we arrived the venue. We booked a spot in a small restaurant. We were going to be all seated on a 30 seater dinning table. It was long, but it was going to keep us close. No dancing, no music, just sharing happy memories with different assorted foods and eating to our satisfaction. It was small but perfect. There's nothing better than sharing a memorable day with all your family and loved ones.

Well my father was here as well. I was forced to show him gratitude for the help he offered me and Faryah. Only Allah knows what would have happened if he hadn't helped me get to her. It was going to be hard for me to accept him again but I could definitely try. He has been making efforts to try to reconcile with both Mother and Faryah and it's probably working.

"My baby looks so beautiful" Mama Aleeyah chirped as she and the girls walked closer to us. Raihannah collected Najmah from Faryah and I looked at the guests we invited. Chatting and clinging their juice cups. Exactly 30 people. Sandra was here too. They were all happy for us,  Alhamdulillah.

" Ummah" Faryah called and gave her mother a hug. My bride looked extremely beautiful today. She was dressed in a white simple lace long sleeved dress. It was long and full, with sparkling sequins, no train and she wore flats under her dress. The dress didn't expose any of her curves and her white scarf covered her hair beautifully and the cherry on top her dressing was a small princess like tiara. It looked like an idea Sophia added to the table. The henna on her hands mesmerized me.

It was so beautiful. I was going to make sure she was always going to have them on her. If that's possible, or maybe during special occasions like Eid.

" Congrats Khalid" Sophia called as she hugged me tight and pulled me away from Faryah. " I never honestly imagined that this was going to happen after everything you've been through with her. I wanted it to happen but I never imagined it happening and I am so happy for you guys" She was crying. " Don't cry Sophia. Allah's always going to be the best of planners, anything that's meant to come your way, no matter how long it takes and how hard it seems to get by you, it will definitely come by you one day" I was proud of myself on how I tried to strengthen my Iman everyday.

I wanted to prepare for the questions in the grave and to make sure I was going to bear the torments in it. I was preparing for my akhirah and I am more than glad Faryah is with me now. She's going to help me.

" Oh my son looks just like his father when he was still handsome" Mother walked to me with David by her side and I was sure she wasn't trying to compliment me. She was trying to tease David instead. I wasn't going to be surprised if those two ended up together again.

It was going to be her choice to make. I couldn't stop her. I wasn't even going to think about stopping her. She was wearing a beautiful black hijab, just like old times. She had reverted a week ago.

Alhamdulillah.

" Guys. I am begging you, we've been standing and congratulating the bride and groom, can we move to the dining area and make ourselves more comfortable while congratulating them?" That was Ethan. My dumb best friend. " True, I am honestly starving. Let's adjourn to the banquet hall please" Farouk, Faryah's twin brother added as both him and Ethan opened the wide doors to the well decorated banquet hall.

The fairy lights that were all around twinkled and made everything in the hall sparkle. What really caught my attention was the big banner that read a 'Khayah' on one of the walls. There were lots of heart shaped balloons with the name 'Khayah'  on them. Khayah was the ship name of I and Faryah.

It's honestly cool.

The hall was decorated with lots of flowers and there was also a wall covered with plastic flowers, for pictures. Zarah was going to take care of our splendid pictures.

The dining table was in the middle of the hall, the plates and cutleries sat carefully on a white table cloth. A huge chandelier hung gracefully from the plastered ceiling and its lights shone stylishly all around the hall. It was small but simple and beautiful. There were four air conditioners in each side of the hall and the large windows were closed. There was also a projector near the white wall covered with a black background at the back, for a slide show. Everything was just so perfect.

Taking our seats, the waiters arrived and served us some chicken with sweet sauce and everyone dug into their plates as we all chatted. It was honestly great to have the family all together in one place like this. No worries and zero problems.

" I'll like to propose a toast please" Sophia said as she clinged her cup with a spoon and got up from where she sat between Ethan and Mother.

" Good afternoon everyone. I am honestly more than happy that this day has come for my favourite couple, Khalid and Faryah. They've been through a lot honestly. I can remember from the beginning, Khalid only got married to Faryah because he wanted to make late Grandpa Musa and Julius happy. Well both of them did that. They never thought they were going to fall in love but here they are now, they even have a beautiful daughter. It is really true that what is meant to be will be, no matter how long it takes. Your love has taught me how important that statement is. Khalid and Faryah, the both of you have come a very long way, please make sure you both endure all what life throws at you. Be patient with each other and always support each other because at the end we will always want the love the both of you share to prevail. So cheers to many more fruitful years to this beautiful couple"

" Cheers" we all responded after Sophia's heartfelt words. She grew up so fast. My mind raced to when I and Neill always showered her with love and affection when she was still a baby. This annoying sister of mine was once very cute and so tiny and she was just adorable. And here she was now, trying to advice her elder brother.

What a cute scene!

After receiving multiple advices and speeches from almost everyone present here today, it was time to end the event by watching the slideshow Raihannah, Sophia and Firdaus prepared.

" We really hope you enjoy this little master piece we created for these two love birds. It's a little cartoon we're sure you're going to love" the smiles on all their faces were super sneaky.

They played the video and something entirely different popped up. We were all expecting a cartoon and not for our moods to be ruined.

The same video that destroyed my relationship with Faryah in the first place was playing. " Oh my Allah, turn that off please" Mother snapped worriedly as she jumped from where she sat. Where did they even get the video from?

I got rid of it a very long time ago.

" Don't watch that. Turn it off guys" Mother rushed to where the three girls stood as they tried to turn the video off. " This really isn't funny guys" That was Khalifa. All the pain I was feeling came rushing back and crushing my soul over and over again, but there was something different about this video. It was shorter that what was sent to me.  It showed Faryah helping Khalifa into his room and coming out few minutes after. The funny noises weren't there and this showed what Faryah explained to us that day and we didn't listen.

This was the real video. I turned to my side to look at Faryah trying to hold back tears in her eyes and I felt so ashamed of myself.

We're already past this so how's it coming back to haunt us?. This was the truth we didn't want to listen to and we let jealousy and anger get the best of us.

" Guys, there's an unknown number calling me. They're requesting a video call " Sophia said with a shaky voice as I held Faryah's hand tight to my chest and I watched her stare at me. The video had stopped playing. " Nothing can ever separate us except death Faryah" I whispered to her and watched her smile. " I know" she whispered back and let the tears roll down her cheeks. " I am so sorry Faryah"

" It's okay please Khalid. Don't apologize, we're already past this" She said as I helped her dry her tears and I pulled her into a warm embrace. This was what I should have done before instead of pushing her away and insulting her.

" Answer it please Sophia" Khalifa was looking towards us with a small smile as he let out those words.

We all looked at the screen and tried to identify who the caller was. 

" Congrats guys" Pamela Hutchkins. " I just knew it. She was behind all this. You child of a whore" Sophia snapped in front of the screen and I was starting to imagine how Pamela would've been beat up to a pulp if she was actually here.

I got up from where I sat with Faryah clinging to me as I took a closer look at her face in the video call. " I am so sorry I had to show you the real video of what happened that day to all of you like this" Her hair was shorter than usual and she looked so pale. She was sick.

" Khalid, I was the one that hired someone to send you that edited video of Faryah making out with someone" oh my goodness. " How could you do that Pamela?" I snapped and watched her break down in tears.

" I was jealous okay?. I loved you so much Khalid and I still do and when I saw Faryah that day with another man,  I decided to use it against her to separate you guys. I didn't want to see you two blossom but I realised my efforts were worthless when I tried to win you back after you lost her. I did everything I could so you could love me again but your heart only wanted the beautiful woman you have by your side now. You two were meant to be and the years were spent together was just.....just useless"

" Pamela where are you?" Mother snapped with her hands on her waist. " I'm undergoing cancer treatment here in Rome. If you want to send someone to beat me up and end my life please do. It's going to stop all the pain I'm feeling now and finally put an end to this misery" Oh wow.

" Pamela don't say that. You're going to be better soon In sha'a Allah" Mother responded with tears in her eyes. " I want to die honestly. I have no one and I am just so lonely and sober. Look I just wanted to make sure I told you guys the truth and apologize for how I wronged you"

" Faryah I am so sorry for everything" even her voice was weak. " I heard you two were getting married today so I decided to use this opportunity to free myself from the inhumane deed I committed"

" It's fine Pamela and we've already moved on from that okay?. You should move on as well, strive to get better and start a new. You can still change your ways" My heart was going to explode with the immense love I have for my wife. She was so considerate and amazing in every way.

" No wonder Khalid loves you. I didn't call so I could get lectures from all of you, I just wanted to stop feeling guilty and ease my mind and I've done it so adios" Wow. She ended the call just like that.

Like a hit and run.

I can't even believe I was madly in love with this girl once in my life. What was I thinking?

" Well do you guys want to watch the cartoon now?, we can't just let that girl ruin the wedding day of two beautiful people" Raihannah chirped. I loved her positive vibes. " Sure, play it please" I answered and cupped Faryah's makeup free cheeks and dried her eyes. " I'll never stop loving you Khalid Myles Olyster" She said as she tip toed to kiss my forehead. All the pain that rushed back into me faded away slowly as she planted a kiss on my forehead. With her being around me, honestly, all the pain and anger I felt washed away. She was like a magical potion that quenched all my pain anger.

" OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" We heard Zarah squeal and Faryah let go of me almost instantly to see what was going on. " That's the most beautiful picture I have ever taken in my entire life" Oh lord.

Ladies and their emotions.

She probably took a picture of when Faryah tiptoed to kiss my forehead.

We watched the cartoon they prepared and oh my Allah, it cracked me up. It was a cartoon about the love story of I and Faryah and they called it

' The love story of Khayah'

They actually portrayed everything we went through. The cartoon version of Miss Hae Soo was hilarious, they made her look like a monster with a very tiny voice. A so not intimidating monster.

The ending was cute as well, prince Khalid and princess Faryah lived happily ever after.

So cute!

Honestly, I was more than content with everything I had in my life now. Most especially the people I had in it.

We lost a few people all because of the miss Hae Soo and Pamela drama but at least it didn't weigh us down, instead it made us push harder and want to become better people.

Everything that has happened in my life now has made me realize that every single thing Allah brings towards someone's way is for a reason. Even though we don't like it at the beginning, we're going to end up loving it so much. Even though we sin, it doesn't mean we can't repent. I committed Zina with Pamela, but I am never going to stop asking Allah for forgiveness for it until the day I die. Allah hates sins but not the people that commit them. That's why I'm doing my best to change and get a good spot in Jannah with my lovely family.

Even though I haven't yet perfected my focus in my salah and dhikr, at the end of the day, our true intentions and actions are what matters most.

Thank you so much for everything Ya Allah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

584K 36.4K 63
| Previously Featured | | Book One of the Moon Chronicles | "To hear, one must be silent." The Power of the tongue and intelligence of a human...
11.5K 1.4K 22
A woman in her late twenties who's temper is the same colour as her hair. Pair that with a personality disorder and some family issues and you have t...
2.5K 202 25
Book 01 of Royal Kingdoms Series After the death of the Sultan of Umeedaria, his son is expected to take the throne. No one is aware who the son of t...
2.3M 138K 52
"You fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected times." ▪▪ He stroke my arm with his hand and carefully followed his own act...