Hopelessly Devoted

By haroldsvodkashots

He was enticing in every way. The way his body moved swiftly around the ring as I watched him from behind the... More

cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63: Part 1.
63: Part 2.
64
65

14

12.7K 286 322
By haroldsvodkashots

"What do you mean, I fucked up big? I got all the drugs and the flash drive from the house. I put them in Dickwad's office. What more do you two fucks want from me?" I ask angrily. I lean my body against the doorway, crossing my arms with a bored look on my face.

How many times a day does my day need to be ruined? I genuinely can't catch a break.

"How many flash drives did you see, Styles?" The bigger one, I think named Kenneth, growls at me.

He wears cargo pants and a black fitted shirt, the gun tucked in his waistband makes me think twice about attacking him because I am unarmed.

For fucks sake. I should've just stayed at Blue's and forgotten to answer my phone.

Maybe we could've fucked if I hadn't been such a dick.

"Two. Why?" When the words slip from my mouth stupidly, my face pales in realization.

I grabbed the wrong flash drive.

"That was the wrong flash drive, you little fuck." I was supposed to choose the red, yet my mind chose her. I wasn't thinking clearly. Red usually indicates something dangerous or important.

But seriously, who does this guy think he is? Coming into my house, calling me names?

"Okay, okay. Enough with the name calling boys. We all know I'm not little in any way." I smirk a bit at my comment, while Kenny boy snarls.

My body stays relaxed against the door frame. My mind is completely calm. This has happened too many times for me to freak out about what I can't control.

"How has nobody killed him yet?" Kenneth leans over to his partner, pretending to whisper. This guy is so aggravated by me.

Get laid. You seem tense.

"He's standing right here." I roll my eyes, fed up with their behavior. I genuinely don't care about any of this. I just want to sleep everything off.

"Don't care. I see you, big guy." He mocks what I had said earlier. It's not like he would ever be graced with the pleasure of seeing my big guy stuff so why would I care what he thinks?

"Okay, I'll go back and get the flash drive tomorrow. Now you fucks can leave." I scoff, pointing towards the door, about to turn around and slam the door behind me, before I hear the loud voice again.

"I don't think that's how that works." He states, his anger levels visibly rising. The muscles in his shirt tense and his pectorals flex.

Alpha male type beat. Please, he needs help.

"Mhm." My calm hum seems to only aggravate him more. I know how this game works. I've been a pawn in it for years.

"Your daddy asked us to handle your punishment for you." He starts to walk a bit forward, taking his first step inside the threshold of my apartment.

"Father dearest didn't clarify which flash drive to grab." I defended myself, Kenny needed to back the fuck out before I had to rip his dick off.

"Punishment is punishment." He shrugged like it was nothing. I didn't really feel the need to get beat the living shit out of today without me being able to fight back. I didn't want to make it worse for my family though.

"What did I even do?" I ask, my eyes rolling again. I move my trail of sight from Kenny to the other dick head. He was staring right at me, his fists in balls at his sides.

"Not grab the right flash drive." No shit.

"Just be glad Jason saw it as a personal mistake and not an act of disobedience. You wouldn't want your mom and sister hurt, do you?" He hums, his smirk growing wider.
"Or, better yet," he continues "what about that pretty little blonde you've been hanging around? Does that make three people you care for?" He keeps going, he brings his closed fist into one palm and presses down, rolling his knuckles against the skin, popping each one.

"Who are you talking about?" I scoff pretending not to know he means Blake. My Blake.

Touch Blake and you're a dead man.

"Jason watches every move you make inside the club. He sees everything." He informs me, but it didn't surprise me. The owner of the club and Jason were good friends. "He saw you and beauty sneak away, he saw you walk her home, he saw you get in the cab with her. Now, I'll ask again. Does that make three?" He questions after he rambles off a few of my incidents with Blake inside and around the club premises.

"No. It doesn't. I don't even know who you're talking about. I fuck a lot of girls." I shrug with a tired sigh. At least he didn't see what goes on outside of the club.

"This little bitch seems different. You know the rule, Harry." He snarls, getting angry again.

They can't touch Blake. They won't. I won't allow it.

"Only two are protected. If you get into trouble I'm afraid you're going to have to pick between your little girlfriend or your family." If I disobey Jason purposefully, it was always my family who got hurt, but that was because there were two people. If they know I care for Blake, they target her. They would make me choose who got hurt.

"I will not!" I shout, the anger boiling over. I no longer am completely composed.

"Mhm... so there is a girl?" He smirks, he takes a step forward. The other guy is following closely behind. He's backing me up into my own home.

"Shut your stupid fucking mouth, you know nothing." I point my finger at him and speak through gritted teeth.

How dare they threaten my blue baby.

"We'll see." He says. "Back to punishment."

"Just get it over with." I mumble under my breath, looking away. I get this a lot.

Pain was only temporary though. I could endure it for the people I love the most. My family being the main reason I go through this.

"Don't fight back, Harry. I've been instructed not to break anything, you have a fight soon. I'm sure though that Jason won't mind if I break a few bones though." Didn't he just- Whatever, I don't care.

Life is punishment enough if you ask me.

"Fuck off, Kenneth." I sneer at him, my eyes blazing in anger that I cannot even fight back.

An offended look washes over his face as he takes in what I said. His weight changes on his hip, his eyes meet mine. His eyes were cold and grey.

"It's Ryder." He tells me with a flat lined mouth.

Oh- awk.

"Don't care in the slightest." The words fall off my tongue with such hatred.

His glare was ablazed now. I didn't care, I wanted them gone. Kenny here- I'm sorry, Ryder, won't stop stalling.

"You have such a big mouth for such a sad little boy." He looks at me from where he is standing. The muscles under his shirt are very visible now. The veins run along his arms and in his neck noticeably.

"Mhm." My calmness even astounds me.

Ryder steps forward, backing me up farther and farther away from the door. I soon hear it slam shut, my eyes closing for just a second to try and find my last moment of peace before my world crumbles once more for the night.

"Now. Would you like to plead your case, Styles? Before I beat your ass?" He sounded so cocky. What was with that? Like congrats...I'm defenseless or else my family gets hurt. If I'm being honest, I don't even consider this a loss, I won. I kept them safe in the end.

"I'm a fast healer. Go ahead. We all know this isn't a federal system here." I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly.

That's when I suppose Ry baby got fed up with my attitude. His fist swung across the space between us nailing me in the jaw, flicking my head to the side roughly. I grab my jaw immediately after, rubbing the shocked nerves.

"That was rude." I say as I move my jaw around trying to loosen it up.

"I hope it hurt." He growls angrily. Why so angry Ry baby?

"Meh." I wasn't impressed with his punch. Wasn't he supposed to do this for a job? I hope he keeps his thumb inside his fist, that would make me love life for a moment.

"Jason needs to shove a gun down your throat one of these days." He tells me and my eyes brighten up at the thoughts running through my head.

Blake would look so good underneath me as I rock into her roughly, dragging a gun up her beautiful naked torso.

"Kinky." I smirk. The image of my Blue running through my mind over and over again.

"Fuck off." He flicks his hand in my face, breaking my trance of my day dream.

"I prefer to do that to the people I fuck. But hey." I lift up my hands in fake surrender as a complete joke.

"You're disgusting." He scoffs rudely.

"You're vanilla apparently." I mean we all know I'm kinky, but if he thinks gun play is disgusting, I cannot say that I agree with him.

"I hope you rot." He spits at me, his fist becoming more clenched, like he's winding up the tension waiting for it to be released.

"I've been rotting for awhile now." My will to enjoy life, that is.

He wastes no time. His fist collides with my cheek bone once more. My head snaps to the left this time instead of the right. The force of the punch hurts like a bitch this time.

I swear he's gonna snap my neck.

The guy in the back stands against the wall watching Ryder throw his next punch into the side of my ribs. I let out a "omph" along with a groan. I can't say this didn't hurt.

When he takes his third hit towards my head, I dodge his punch, crouching down slightly so he misses my temple completely.

This only angers him. I'm not supposed to defend myself at all, but it's a natural reflex. With widened eyes and a hateful glare, he steps forward closer to me.

Just do it already.

Punch after punch was thrown. I was basically on the ground, my nose bleeding, and my head pounding. It took everything in me to raise myself from the ground and let him finish me off, like I was supposed to.

I am the best fighter in Southern California, but I won't risk everything just to win behind closed doors.

I shouldn't have tried to win against Blake in our argument.

Ryder put out a quick stiff left, which he had planned in his mind he would follow with a right hook to finish me off.

I let him complete his grandiose plan, my body falling to the floor in weakness and in defeat. However, I won. They aren't in danger anymore.

I watch with my eyes half open as Ryder brings his leg back to swing it full force at my stomach. I let out a groan of agony as the laces of his shoe hit my abdomen.

With that, I was done for.

My body goes limp, completely tapping out. I hear Ryder scoff and lean down close to my ear.

"Toughen up, big guy." He whispers, standing up and walking out my door, his partner behind him.

My heart is pounding in my chest, the blood is leaking from my nose and I can almost feel the bruises forming on my body.

I lay in my own defeat for I don't know how long. I would've fallen asleep if the excruciating pain wasn't radiating through my entire body.

It had to have been hours before I pulled myself up and began stumbling towards the door. I had the hardest time getting down the steps. I had no idea where I was going, my mind wasn't on the right track.

It wasn't until I got in my car that I knew where I had to go.

Blake's POV

"Just go Harry"

The last words I said to him before he stormed out of my apartment, over an argument about something I can hardly recall now.

"God" I scoff to myself as I pinch the bridge of my nose with my index finger and thumb.

How does asking about his personal life turn into a full blown fight? And to think I was having a good day with him beforehand.

I know Harry isn't an open book like most, but he couldn't even tell me his bloody age or even his major for school.

I carefully walk back into my room peeling off my previous clothes and changing into a more comfortable outfit. That consists of sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt. I just want to forget this whole day to begin with well, before things turned south.

Once I successfully changed, I head to my small kitchen. I quickly notice Anna had cleaned up the smashed mug from this morning. I let out a relieved sigh. I grab a new mug and pour water in it, getting ready to make a cup of tea to calm my nerves. I pour the contents of the cup into a saucepan to let it boil.

As I let the water heat up on the stove, I look down at my phone seeing no calls or messages from anyone or at least anyone I care about. Harry.

Why did he care so much about letting me in? I practically told my whole pity story to him and I still did not even know information he would put down for a resume.

At least now I know to never bring up his family. But how am I supposed to know him without even asking?

I should've just let him tell me on his own time and I need to apologize for that. I shouldn't have pushed him. That was out of line.

Minutes fly by while I'm in my thoughts as I realize the water is now boiling and I can finally make my tea and relax.

I walk over to my television and start to flip through channels trying to find something that could catch my eye. No surprise at all, there was nothing.

Not knowing what to do next I walk over to my record player and start a new song. The melodies begin to flood my apartment. I instantly know it's Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners.

This song always made me happy or put me in a better mood no matter where I was in life. It always reminded me of him. My dad.

The melody flowed through my apartment like it was the air that we breathe. It made me so much happier.

I lay out on the couch listening as the chorus begins to start, I sip on my tea humming the lyrics to myself.

Knowing I was alone I could easily get up and dance, but I decided I just wasn't in the mood to move from my comfortable position on the couch.

I always wanted to dance with someone to this song. I wanted to kiss in the kitchen like it's a dancefloor.

The record begins to drown out my thoughts as I slowly begin to close my eyes allowing myself to take a nap. This whole day has been mentally exhausting and I'm not ready to wake up and face reality, I just need a break.

With the peace of the music and the tiredness of my eyes, I drifted off to sleep without another thought about it.

3 am-
Blake

I'm quickly startled awake by a banging on my apartment door. I check the time seeing it's three in the morning so much for a nap damn.

I dramatically sigh to myself wondering if Anna just lost her key again and needed to be let in after a night out.

That usually happened a lot, she had a tendency to forget her key places. I would be more worried about it, but Anna never leaves it at huge events, just friend's houses.

I rub my eyes, yawning to myself. I turn to sit on the edge of the couch, rubbing my tired eyes.
Once I finally drag my tired state to the door, I open it expecting to see Anna. When I see something, or should I say someone, I wasn't expecting.

He stood in front of my door, blood dripping from his face, and body covered in bruises and cuts. His eyes had the darkest rings around them, his hair was matted and greasy, it looked sticky as well. Probably the blood.

My hand comes to my mouth, covering it in shock. I look at his beaten face, his tired eyes, and the tears that line the waterline.

"H-harry w-what, what are you doing here?" I stumble out, my words muffled through my hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 6.2K 46
Josephine Clemonte balances her workaholic parents and her drug addicted twin brother who rebels any chance he gets. Being a senior in high school, t...
1.2M 50.9K 65
This is a FREE story with PAID bonus chapters. Lizzie and Parker couldn't be more opposite, except for their inability to sustain romantic relationsh...
74.5K 2.2K 12
"I think of you when my knuckles crack."
159K 4.4K 18
Once upon a time, a good girl who wanted to be naughty met a naughty boy who wanted to be good. All rights reserved © 2016