Bring Color to My Skies (a Pe...

By jasper-jinx

Human AU. Garnet is a troubled teen, with an abusive father, and an unhelpful mother, she and her sister-Amet... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 6

1.2K 48 4
By jasper-jinx

Midnight... It's already midnight... I cried, more tears streaming down my face, I had already cut two more pretty lines into my arm, and I wasn't about to stop there. I placed the cold, steel knife against my warm skin and slowly, I pressed down and another slice was made. I smiled, this felt good, I needed this, and that's when it starting hurting. 

I dropped the knife. Why is this hurting!? It was feeling good just a second ago, and that's when she entered my mind:

"Yes you can. Just, instead of cutting yourself," she grabbed a hold of my hands again, holding them tightly, looking at me with this loving look, "Come talk to me, okay." 

That's when we kissed for the first time... I put the blade down and buried my face into my knees, I want her here...I want to hold her and let her hug me... I sat up and looked up at the clock; 12:37. Maybe she's still awake.... I took a deep breath and pulled out my phone. I texted her and waited for a few minutes, and every second that passed, I lost more hope. Then it vibrated. My heart jumped as I picked it up, and the text read;

Garnet, you okay?

I replied, "no." And only a few seconds later I received another text;

What's wrong? Do I need to come get you? 

I smiled and told her no that I just needed to talk for a while. I opened my window and was gretted by a cool breeze, I smiled and stepped outside. Once I reched the pond (where Pearl and I had our first kiss) and I pulled my phone out once again. I dialed her number and it rang twice before she picked up.

"Okay, I'm listening, Garnet. What happened?"

I told her everything, except that I cut myself. I heard a sigh over the phone once I finished, I was confused, "Pearl, what's wrong?" 

"You did it didn't you?" I knew exactly what she meant, but she didn't sound mad. She didn't sound upset, or disappointed or anything, just caring. That's when the tears came back, "P-P-Pearl, I-I" I couldn't say anything, she said so calmly, "Garnet, I promise everything will be okay. Now, are you sure you don't wanna come over?" I smiled, "I-I'll b-be over in a-a little bit." I surprised I choked that out, but right now, all I needed was her. And her alone.

I sprinted down the cool pavement, the bright moon shining on my dark skin as I ran. Before I knew it, I was only a few streets away from Pearl's.

Pearl's POV...

I looked at the clock, Hmm, it's almost one o'clock....I hope she's okay. When I had talked to her on phone she sounded so miserable...I want to hug her so badly and make her feel better. That's when a tap came from my window. I ran over to it, and opened only to reveal Garnet. "Oh my God, Garnet!" I whispered harshly, "You could fall!" I help her in, she chuckled under her breath and said in a soothing voice, "Guess I should've used the front door, huh?"

I rolled my eyes, and threw myself into her. I heard her grunt but she wrapped around me as well. She's so warm. I could feel my eyes become heavy, I blinked a few times but the weight wouldn't go away, so I suggested, "Garnet, how about we go to bed?"

I felt myself be picked up and carried back to the king-sized bed, and laid down. She got in as well. I smiled, rolled over, and laid my head on her chest. I have never been so comfortable. I smiled, I never want to leave this spot. 

When I woke up a few hours late, she was gone. I was kinda upset, Why did she leave? That's when my mother burst through the door, "Pearl! Are you okay?!" I answered her, slightly confused, "Uh, yeah, why?"

"Because I think someone broke into the house!" I tried not to be sarcastic, but it hurt my head that she could be so protective at times, "Mom, no one broke in." She gave me a dirty look taht sent shivers down my spine, she spat out, "Whatever! Excuse me trying to keep you safe! But fine, hurry up and get ready! Sometimes I wish you were Rose instead-"

"Shut up! I'm tired of hearing about Rose! All you talk about is Rose, Rose, Rose-" I felt a pain go through my cheek, I looked at my mother with shock in my eyes, she said harshly through gritted teeth, "Don't you ever talk to me like that again!" 

I didn't say a word. This is the first time she's hit in me in years, and I had forgotten this pain. I took a deep breath and said, "Yes, mother, now, will you please excuse me. I...need to get ready for school. I love you." She walked away, not saying I love you back.

This must be how Garnet feels all the time...no wonder she cuts...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 1.6K 26
Basically, this is a mess.
21.3K 566 12
✄ ''You Always Catch Me~'' 。゚ :☆゚ Hu Tao did catch feelings fast yes, but how did their relationship blossom? From their very tough times to their p...
2K 116 17
(Sequal to Monsters) When the world ended, all Amity wanted was to find her family. This is what kept her going in the beginning. That was until she...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

132K 3.1K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...