Partner in Crime || Newsies F...

By Broadway_Crackers

My friend, Cards, and I (Stage) decided to write a story, or that I would write one about if we were Newsies... More

Chapter 1 - Stage Owens and Cards McKay (Canon Era)
Chapter 2 - Brooklyn
Chapter 3 - Manhattan Relationships
Chapter 4 - A Strike
Chapter 5 - Talking to Spot
Chapter 6 - Seize the Day
Chapter 7 - "Where is Stage?"
Chapter 8 - Saved
Chapter 9 - "Never Fear, Brooklyn's Here!"
Chapter 10 - Tappity Tap Tap
Chapter 11 - Ambushed
Chapter 12 - Stubborn Cards
Chapter 13 - A Visit to the Pulitzer's
Chapter 14 - Betrayal
Chapter 15 - She Might've Visited Someone
Chapter 16 - Once and For All
Chapter 17 - "We Won!"
Chapter 18 - A Horrible Idea
Chapter 19 - Zip and Switch (These two are people)
Chapter 20 - Talk of a Borough War
Chapter 21 - Adventures with the Girls
Chapter 22 - Sorry Cards.
Chapter 23 - She's Gone...
Chapter 24 - "We Left her... While She Was Tying her Shoe Laces."
Chapter 25 - "Bite Back the Remarks and Answer the Questions."
Chapter 26 - "We're Okay."
Chapter 27 - A Partner in Crime
Partner in Crime
Chapter 28 - Newsflash! (But Not Actaully) Weasel is a Jerk. (Modern AU)
Chapter 29 - Musical War
Chapter 31 - It's Cards' Birthday and Stage is Panicking

Chapter 30 - So... She Likes to Watch /Both/ Frozens When Sick

33 2 20
By Broadway_Crackers

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 30 - "She's Sick..." -
Warnings: Sick Stage, slight injuries and slight problems eating
Third Person POV

Cards walks into the room, Jack trailing behind them.

Cards frowns, gesturing to Stage.

Stage laid on her bed, crying a bit, but not a lot.

She just laid there.

"Stage..." Jack starts softly, frowning.

"She's sick." Cards states, crossing their arms.

Jack takes a deep breath to stop him making a remark.

"I watched Frozen." Stage whispers, uncurling her head from her ball of herself and looking up at them. "And I'm gonna watch... Frozen 2." She adds quietly.

Jack chuckles softly. "Have you taken medicine, Stage?" He asks.

Stage purses her lips. "May...be..." she answers slowly, uncertain.

Cards turns to face Jack. "I'm gonna take that as a no, and also because I don't think we should trust sick Stage when she says she took medicine." They tell Jack.

Jack chuckles. "I'll go grab the medicine." He tells them, leaving the room.

Cards nods.

They look back at their best friend, before going and sitting next to them.

Stage stares at the ceiling through her blurry vision, before slowly grabbing her stuffed animal and pressing it against her stomach. "I've been impaled..." she whispers.

Cards chuckles softly. "You find Olaf funny?" They ask.

Stage looks over at them. "Who... couldn't?" She asks slowly. "Look out for my butt." She declares deliriously, waving her arm around weakly above her head.

Stage giggles weakly, causing Cards to chuckle a bit.

Jack walks back into the room, holding Tylenol.

Stage throws her hands over her eyes. "I will rip my ears off of my head if they don't shut up." She threatens, her voice quiet.

Jack and Cards share a look.

"Aren't you usually begging for your ears to let you hear stuff?" Cards asks softly.

"That came out wrong." Stage mumbles. "My ears hurt." She complains, turning over on her side.

"I'm sorry, Stagie." Cards whispers, rubbing Stage's back gently.

Stage's eyes squint open slightly. "I think I have math work." She whispers, forcing herself to try to sit up. "I need to do it to stay in honors."

Cards forces her to stay laying down. "You can miss one or two days of math honors, catch up, and still have at least an A. Calm down, please." They tell her.

Stage grumbles softly, turning over onto her stomach.

"I brought water and Tylenol." Jack offers weakly, holding them up.

Stage gently takes the bottle out of Jack's hands, somehow unscrewing it on the first try.

"I'm jealous that even when she's sick, she can still unscrew the bottle caps." Jack mutters.

Cards nods.

Stage plops one pill into her mouth, before drinking water. "Ew." She mumbles, sticking her tongue out in disgust.

Cards stares at her while she swallows another pill. "Did you just 'ew' water?" They ask.

Stage hands the water cup back to Jack. "Yes." She answers.

Jack looks at the water cup. "Stage," he starts, slightly concerned. "You drank literally two tiny sips of this." He points out.

Tears fill Stage's eyes again. "I can't drink anymore." She whispers.

Jack and Cards frown.

Cards looks to Jack, raising an eyebrow.

Jack nods.

He leaves the room.

Cards wraps their arms around their best friend, pulling her against their chest.

Tears stream down Stage's face as she stares at the glasses she twirled in her hand.

She found it quite entertaining to twirl her glasses by one of their ends.

Jack walks back into the room. "I have got a Capri-sun." He informs them, holding up a Capri-sun.

Cards noticed the multiple other Capri-suns he held behind his back.

They chuckle. Anything to make Stage drink something.

Stage looks up at him, her eyes lighting up. "Ooh," she whispers, taking the Capri-sun from Jack.

Jack hands one to Cards as well.

Cards sends him a silent 'thank you'.

Stage starts drinking her Capri-sun, her cheeks still tear stained and her eyes still a bit red.

Jack pulls something else out from behind his back. "I also brought animal crackers and pretzel gold fish, as well as regular and rainbow gold fish, so we can try to eat something." He informs the two best friends.

Stage eyes the food warily. "I don't know..." she starts softly, biting her lip.

"Just try, okay?" Jack asks her. "That's all we're asking." He tells her.

Stage sighs softly, throwing the Capri-sun and trying to land it in the trash can.

It didn't.

Stage frowns, crawling off of the bed.

Jack and Cards reach out to stop her, but it was too late.

They both cringe when Stage falls off of the bed.

Stage lays on the floor.

"Are you alright, Stagie?" Cards asks softly, staring down at her.

"Yep." Stage's voice cracks.

Jack frowns. You poor, miserable girl.

Stage uses all of the strength she had to crawl over to the empty Capri-sun and throw it in the trash can.

Cards smiles weakly. Sick and still doesn't want our room to get messy.

Stage sits on the floor, taking the animal crackers from Jack.

Jack and Cards watch her as she eats the animal crackers.

It was going well...

For the first three animal crackers...

Stage's eyes well up with tears again. "I can't do it..." she whispers. "I feel sick."

Jack frowns. "Do you want raspberries?" He asks, trying to get her to eat anything.

Stage shakes her head.

Cards frowns. She must be really sick if she doesn't want raspberries. She always wants raspberries.

Stage crawls back up onto her bed, laying down next to Cards.

She lays her head in her arms. "I want sleep..." she whispers.

Cards and Jack nod.

Cards gets up and goes over to their bed, just across from Stage's.

Jack leaves the room.

About an hour later

"Cards..." said Newsie heard a soft and weak voice start.

Cards jumps, slightly startled. "Have you been up this whole time, Stage?" They ask.

"Yeah..." the girl admits softly. "I need to watch Frozen ll now..." she whispers.

Cards chuckles softly, gently tossing Stage her phone.

Stage signs onto her phone, her head taking a minute to get adjusted to the new light.

She puts her Bluetooth headphones on, connecting them to their phone.

Her ears were bad at the moment, so she couldn't use earbuds and hearing in general was hard for her.

She turns on the movie for herself.

A few minutes later, Cards heard giggling.

Stage's movie was loud enough that if they tried hard enough, Cards could hear her movie.

Cards listens in, immediately hearing Olaf's goofy voice.

Cards chuckles softly, shaking their head as they go back to reading their fanfiction.

1184 Words
Did I fall off of the bed yesterday?
Yes...
Was it fun?
No... but most of this chapter is based off of stuff I've done within the past two days so... yeahhh
I've been telling myself to write a sick Stage chapter since March and here it is! (It's supposed to be at least slightly funny)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.2K 21
Couldn't find any Spot Conlon X reader's so here's one to enjoy!
7.9K 234 15
A series of one shot stories Some have actually happened! Request can be requested! I don't own any pictures or videos!
70.4K 2K 22
IN THE PROCESS OF EDITING! BUT FEEL FREE TO KEEP READING!!! I'm the type of girl that every other teenage girl on the planet strives to be. Pretty, p...
104 9 9
All my storied I write will mostly be on here. They are mostly about Why Don't We and my friends and I, but i'm always open for ideas. Mostly busy so...