Honey & Kunai - A Naruto Fanf...

By AnbuHimawari

Once upon a timeline -cough-Canon-cough- Hachimitsu Hachiko died as a baby during the Kyuubi attack. Its mali... More

Two: Reality, Not Imaginary
Three: The Brave Little Bee and the Shy Sakura Bud
Four: Decisions and Encounters that Tug at the Heart
Five: Falter, Waver and Break
Six: The Emotional Range of a Child...
Seven: Bad Influences
Eight: Another of Life's Hurdles
Nine: Honey and Kunai
Ten: Epilogue/Transition to Part II
Special Chapter - A Year Before Honey and Kunai II
Holiday Special: Valentine's Day - A Year before Honey & Kunai II
The End: Authors Closing Comments and Sequel Spoilers GALORE!

One: A Realistic Kind of Dream

695 19 7
By AnbuHimawari

'Where am I?'

I felt a flurry of warmness inside me spread to different areas in my body, all of it rushing out from an area in my tummy. It tickled and I wanted to move. I fluttered my eyes and tried to open them to see what was causing the warmness I felt moving but the light was blinding. So I kept them shut and sat up. My body felt stiff, as I fluttered my eyes to adjust to the light, my vision was met with white walls and a window facing a courtyard.

'Why do I feel different?'

I looked down at my body and noticed that I wasn't exactly in the body of a 22-year-old. I froze and moved my left hand then my right hand so that I could see the palms. Then I looked to the IV in my arm and then I realized just how difficult it was to move my arms.

'Oh no.'

I could feel my breathing becoming erratic. My chest was constricting, I was having a panic attack. I grabbed my head and then a cascade of long golden brown hair obscured my face.

'I don't have- W-what happened to my dark brown hair?! My face! I need to see my face!'

My breathing was erratic. I tried getting off the bed only to fall and on the way down I made a lot of noise by knocking down the bedside table and the contents on top of it, a vase with a single sunflower. Glass fell all around me. I didn't notice when a nurse popped in and called for help.

"Calm down. Calm down. Someone get me the head medic! Can you please relax Hachiko-chan?" I froze at the name the nurse called me.

'Good she speaks a familiar language!'

I tried to talk but no sound left my mouth. I instantly put my hands to my neck and my eyes were as wide as saucers.

"My voice?!" I mouthed wordlessly. The nurse quickly moved her hands and they began glowing green. I froze watching her.

'No. No. No. No. NO. I did not just see that. Nope. Nope. I'm in deep sweet denial. This has to be a dream. That, No. She did not just use a diagnostic medical jutsu. Nope. I'm going to pretend that didn't happen. Nope. This is a dream. Yes! A dream is all. I've been reading way too many fanfics.'

After a few moments the nurse stepped back as a male medic entered the room. I stared at the person before me. He had long black hair, dark brown eyes, nicely tan skin, he was nice looking and tall, well, everyone looked big to me.

"I see our little patient is finally up. Status?" The nurse lady looked hesitant to say.

"Excuse us for a second Hachiko-chan." The nurse lady said and dragged the doctor out of the room.

'Okay. This can't be good. Then again this dream is wonky. On the bright note, No Tsunade, which means I'm not dreaming specifically about Naruto-canon. Hmm. But that doctor looked familiar.'

My thoughts were interrupted when the doctor came back in and the nurse was looking at me worriedly.

"Hachiko-chan, I'm Head Medic Duelo, I'm going to run a basic diagnostics test okay. Can you please hold still?" I simply stared at the man and he smiled. As he ran his jutsu and checked me, I was trying to mull over why he looked familiar. I looked at him and his eyes were in concentration then there was a minor moment when he looked very serious.

"Get me her parents, I want them here before doing anything else." Medic Duelo barked and the nurse bustled out and then he turned to me.

"Hachiko-chan, do you remember anything as to why you're here?" I tilted my head to the side. I myself wondered where this dream was going.

"You've been in a coma for five years since the Kyuubi Attack. Do you remember anything?" I furrowed my eyebrows and I assume it made it seem like I was thinking hard but in reality I was questioning my imagination.

'Seriously this is the best my imagination could come up with? Sheesh. I've read better fanfics that this. Freeze that thought. Five years? I look like a freaking five year old... Oh. Then that means. This body, was severely affected by the Kyuubi's strong chakra, so affected it went into a coma and bam background on this OC complete. Damn, my imagination isn't so bad.'

"Hachiko-chan?" I looked at Medic Duelo and he sighed.

"Mah, must have imagined that you had cognitive capabilities. After all you were just a one year old when it happened. You can't have had any more than a couple of words like Mom or Dad down at that age." The nurse arrived and medic Duelo turned his attention away from me. My eye was twitching at his words.

'You think I'm incompetent! Why I should defy your logic and show some intelligence this world has never seen... Well at least until I wake up, I'll be the fastest recovering coma patient ever!'

I was snapped out of my internal rant when at the doorway two people appeared. They were both out of breath as if they had been running all the way to the room. One was a very familiar face. She had long wavy dark brown hair and hazel eyes. She looked so happy and relieved, her eyes were tearing up and her hands were busy brushing the tears away. The second person, he was taller than the first, almost as tall as Medic Duelo. He had long golden brown hair tucked loosely behind a white bandana. His eyes were dark brown and his face was just as emotional as his companion. I knew these two off the bat because they were the exact spitting image of my parents (plus or minus a few details). The parents from my world, well my real parents both had dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. Mim had her hair short and Dad had his hair short.

'Imagination, once more you've done it again, taking what I know and turning it into familiar and yet subtle differences to make more OC's. What's next? I'm an only child? We're in Konoha? Oooh dream Mim is a ninja and dream Dad is the stay at home husband?'

"Hachiko." There was that name again, this time coming out of dream Mim. Dream Mim and Dad came towards me and hugged me and kissed my head. I could see that Medic Duelo tried not to interrupt but he needed to talk to them so he got there eventually.

"Mimori-san, Jun-san, we need to talk about Hachiko's miraculous recovery as well as of her recovery program. Please lets sit down." My dream parents nodded and sat at my bedside while Medic Duelo pulled a chair close as they started talking I decided to pay attention and critique my imagination's naming for my parents later. Medic Duelo looked very serious and a bit perplexed as he started talking.

"Most of the coma induced children from the Attack, never made it this far. As you know, most of them simply died after a few years. Their bodies couldn't handle the strain, psychologically they were blank and their bodies just quit. In Hachiko's case, she only made it this far because of her naturally large chakra reserves. As we've told you before her chakra maintained and regulated her vital organs and some of her growth, however before we didn't know the extent of the damage of her chakra's constant focus on keeping her vitals running. Her vocal cords look fine but they don't seem to be functioning. It could be because of the lack of use after all this time and her body has accepted it as a useless organ." Hearing Medic Duelo, hurt me right in the feels, it felt like my heart fell to my butt.

'This is starting to sound like a bloody nightmare. No talking = No singing! Damn Imagination, you're one harsh mofo.'

"So she won't be able to talk, ever?" Dream Mim asked and Medic Duelo shrugged.

"There's a small possibility but I wouldn't put my hopes up. Apart from that, I'm going to create a program to get her to her proper health. She's underweight for a five year old and getting her strong is the first part of the plan. The second part is to have her caught up and rehabilitated. Learn to understand us, become more involved despite her disability. As a one year old, how much did she accomplish?" Both my dream parents confirmed Medic Duelo's speculations.

"Our names; basic greets, hello, goodbye, goodnight; yes and no. She was really smart." Medic Duelo looked at me and nodded.

"Hopefully, she shows no cognitive abnormalities. Diagnostics showed no damage to the brain but one can never be too sure. I'll get the paperwork started. Excuse me." After Medic Duelo left to get my health program set up. My dream parents hugged me and cried.

"Hachiko-chan, Mama is going to make you lots of sweets. You remember the honey drops you loved so much? I'm going to make you lots of them." Dream Mim said and petted my long hair.

"Papa will even take you for walks, you remember you loved going out during sunset?" As they day went by, I began questioning when I would wake up. Not that I minded basking in my dream parents praises and being the center of attention but this was dragging on and I was pretty sure I was going to wake up late in the afternoon at the rate this dream was going on.

Eventually, I got hungry and a nurse brought me food more like baby food. After trying to eat, and epically failing since my stomach in this body was getting use to food, I got tried and drifted to sleep.

-Next Day-

'The sun is shining, the birds are chirping... Hmm. Where are my chirping birds?'

I opened my eyes to find that it was still dark outside. I turned my head and spotted... Dream Mim. I felt my breathing get erratic.

'No. No. No. No. No. No. No.'

I could feel my tears building up. I began shaking and let go of Dream Mim's hand, she stirred and reacted quickly by trying to calm me down.

"Hachi, it's okay. Relax. Mommy is here." I began shaking my head and tried slapping myself only for her to restrain me and she began calling for help.

'This can't be! I can't be here! This is just a dream right? No. No please no. If there was any anime-verse I'd be in, it wouldn't be this one! Too much happens in this one! No. Not ninjas please no. I know too much! Come on Imagination, this has gone long enough.'

I didn't realize when I started fighting against my dream mother's hold but I did feel when something sharp nipped me in the tush and everything started to blur.

'Damn you imagination.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 7.7K 72
BETA!! This has been somewhat edited, but it will be edited when all of it is finished!! β™‘ There was nothing left but Naruto Uzumaki and the sky afte...
601K 28.4K 56
When Sakura is killed by her two genin teammates, she finds herself warped through space and time to a foreign dimension. With nobody she knows and a...
6.3K 234 7
When a mother dies the only thing she expects is to see the pearly gates of heaven, but what she didn't expect is being reborn into a TV show she lov...
1.7K 88 9
Sakura wakes up in a completely different world alongside Kakashi with no knowledge as to how they got there. To survive and find a way back home the...