Right Infront Of Your Eyes

By Peachsk

Everyone around Kayla has always thought she was the rebellious child. No one dared to open their eyes wide e... More

A/N- Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1- Imagine
Chapter 2- You see vandalism, I see art.
Chapter 3 - Your in my personal bubble
Chapter 4- Shooting Star
Chapter 5- Watch it
Chapter 6- Batteries
Chapter 7- New Girl
Chapter 8- Keep Your Mouth Closed
Chapter 9- One becomes four
Chapter 10- One sip turns into many
Chapter 11- Drunken mess
Chapter 12- Leverage
Chapter 13- Late night adventure
Chapter 14- Ditch
Chapter 15- You see me
Chapter 16- Two sides
Chapter 17- Carpooling
Chapter 18- Righting The Wrongs
Chapter 19- Coming over?
Chapter 20- Simular Lives
Chapter 21- Bathroom Problems
Chapter 22- Phone Calls
Chapter 23- Information
Chapter 24- Help
Chapter 25- Stuck up
Chapter 26- A Bump In The Road
Chapter 27- Getting it off my chest
Chapter 28- Thats What They All Say...
Chapter 29- Accused
Chapter 30- Worried
Chapter 31- Shopping
Chapter 32- Not forgotten
Chapter 33- Family Day Out
Chapter 34- Arguments
Chapter 36- Mapping it out...
Chapter 37- Opening A New Door...
Chapter 38- Pulse
Chapter 39- Angry Beast
Chapter 40- Long and Lost
Chapter 41- Seeing The Lost
Epilogue

Chapter 35- Listening

12.2K 403 259
By Peachsk

Kayla's POV

"Ms, are you okay?" I had walked right through the building and straight to the elevator. Glancing over my shoulder to the reception desk, the receptionist had stood up, her eyes careful watching me.

"Yes I'm fine." I said turning my attention to what floor the elevator is at.

"Ms I'm going to ask you to leave the premises or I will have to call security." The receptionist now had a phone in her hand.

"I have permission from Chole Vallet herself. Unless you want to ask her about it?" I said glancing over my shoulder, my eyebrow raised.

The receptionist looked at me wide eyed. Her mouth moved, but no sound came out of her lips.

"If you don't believe me ring her yourself. You will find me on the roof." The elevator doors opened, stepping inside. I watched as the receptionist quickly dialed the phone. The doors closing again cutting her out of my sight.

The lump in my throat started to build up once again. My heart pounded as I recited over and over in my head that no one else would get on the elevator.

The doors opened once again bringing me to the roof top. It was like a breath of fresh air once I hit the outside. My pounding heart had started to beat slower.

I quickly made my way over to the edge. My hands leaned on the wall for  for support. I closed my eyes pushing back the tears. Opening back to see the city infront of me. A throaty chuckle rose from my chest. Shaking my head I couldn't believe it. I was on edge point.

The tears were now full force pouring down my cheeks. I didn't even know why I was crying. So many thoughts ran through my head. But I came to a conclusion it was overall fustration.

"If I was you I wouldn't jump." A voice came from behind me.

I sucked in a breath as I brought my hand up to quickly wipe away my tears. "I wasn't going to." I said.

The clicking of heels got closer, stopping merrly behind me.

"Well good because when I gave you permission to use my rooftop I hoped you would never want to use it for that."

Looking over my shoulder, it was Chloe Vallet. She wore a black pants suit, her long red hair perfectly shaped her face. The power radiated off her. I could feel the embarrassment wash over me as I started to realise how I was crying for no reason infront of her. Like a baby.

"My receptionist made me aware that someone was using my rooftop with my permission. Out of curiosity I had looked on the cameras to see you." I could feel myself slowly relax as I watched her gaze soften. "You looked very distressed so I had to make sure you wouldn't do anything stupid, personally."

Letting out a sigh, I moved over to sit on the ground. Leaning my back against one of the vents walls. Chloe followed me to the floor. Sitting down beside me.

"I didn't mean to disrupt you." I found myself pulling my knees up to my chest, tucking them under my chin.

"You didn't disrupt me at all. I know we don't know eachother but sometimes it's nice talk to a stranger."

Sucking in a deep breathe, I turned my attention to Chloe. "I'm sorry. I'm never usually this bad. I guess I just let everything build up and now I'm after exploding." I brought my hand up wiping away a stray tear, letting out a strained laugh.

"Don't be sorry. It happens to the best of us." Chloe shot me a smile.

"I don't know what I've been doing wrong. My life has been a sack of shit. I'm just so tired of everything really." I shook my head. Leaning my head back on the vents wall, I looked up to the night sky as more tears started to drip down my cheeks.

"What made you go over tipping point today? It's okay if you don't want to answer." Chloes voice was soft and caring.

I shrugged. "I got into a fight with my brothers. But this one was different. Different to all the others."

"How so?"

"It made me realise that my brothers might be finally be feeling guilty for how they have been treating me over the years. Either that or they don't realise their actions and blame me for being the distant one. It fustrates me." The fustration bubbled up in my chest along with a knot in my throat. My hands found their way to my scalp, a tight grip on my hair.

A soft pair of hands were placed on top of mine. Softly ungripping them from my hair. Lifting my eyes up to meet Chloes, her eyes were trained on me. They were soft and full with worry. But they also told that she was listening to me. Someone was actually listening and trying to understand. One thing I could only dream of my family doing.

"This is no way your fault. Do not take the blame for another mans actions." Her thumbs rubbed soothingly over the back of my hands. I took deep breathes trying to relax myself once again. "You need to show your brothers the woman they are missing out on. If they can't seem to learn to understand you. You need to make them understand you."

I could feel myself starting to pull itself back together. Nodding my head, I agreed with Chloe. Maybe her words would help.

Chloe laughed. "The funny part of this is I never even asked for your name."

I couldn't help the smile that seemed to grow on my face. "It's Kayla."

Chloe had let go of my hands once I had relaxed. I sat back against the air vent.

"Well Kayla you better show them the character they helped you built." Chloe smiled.

"Thank you." I said looking to Chloe.

"Your in no need to thank me. I always wished for a little sister to give advice but I don't mind stealing someone else's." Chloe lightly pushed her shoulder off mine.

"Do you have any siblings?" I questioned.

"An older brother like you, he was my parents successer. We never got along. He just never thought I would make it in this world so I showed him the determination he helped me built got me to. Right now we are sitting on one of my many buildings. Our relationship is far from being mendable." Chloe shrugged.

"But it is never too late to fix a relationship." I said.

Chloe raised her eyebrow. "Is it? Maybe you should take that into account before it gets too bad for the relationship to be fixed."

Her words did make sense. But there is only so much one person can do.

A ringing of a phone filled the air. Chloe let put a long sigh to check who it was. She closed her eyes after she rad the caller ID. Her free hand running down her face. "Well Kayla it looks as if one of my co workers need me. Do you know how you are getting home?"

I had forgotten I had just left home. Leaving my phone and money as well. But I also wasn't ready to head back there. "Yeah I'm getting the bus." I said.

Chloe raised her eyebrow. "Are you sure. I can call a driver?"

Letting out a sigh, I nodded my head. "A driver would be great."

****

Chloe had soon left me back in the reception, with some words of encouragement and that the driver should be here. I wasn't waiting long until he arrived.

Giving him an address, he dropped me right outside. Once the driver saw I reached the door he left. I may of gave him a house address but it wasn't mine.

It was Lee's.

He was the first person I thought of, the first person who would understand what I am going through. I didn't even know what time at night it was. But I didn't care, I found my hand knocking on the door.

Swaying back and forth on my heels as I waited for someone to open the door. A switched on light peaked through the frosted glass as someone came to open the door. A woman opened the door her house gown wrapped tightly around her, protecting her from the cold. Her brown hair pulled up into a messy bun.

"Kayla what are you doing here? Do your parents know your here?" Freya asked. Her forhead was scrunched up from confusion.

"Correction does my Dad know I'm here. Also is Lee here?" I ignored her question. Tryimg to look behind her to see if there was any other life behind her.

Freya sighed. "He is. Come in, I'll get him."

Stepping inside, Freya closed the door behind me. I watched as she climbed the big grand stair case, dissappearing down the hall when she got to the top. This house was huge, bigger then mine. Family photos covered the walls.

All of a very cute, young Lee. He looks happy. But if you look closely. The ones that seem more recent his smile seems a lot more forced especially the outfit choices.

"Sometimes I wished my Mom didn't hang them right in the entrance." My heart jumped out of my chest. Looking over to the top of the stairs stood Lee. My eyes travelled over his choice of his outfit. His grey tracksuit bottoms hung lowly around his hips. His white t-shirt just covering the waist band. In his hand was a jumper.

"They are not too bad." I sent him a light tipped smile. To which he rolled his eyes.

"Not too bad my ass. Half of them are fake little family photo shoots." Lee walked down the stairs. As he got to the bottom he looked to me and then to the top of the stairs. "Lets go outside. Also this is for you." He handed me his jumper.

I looked at him confused.

"My mom saids you look like you need one." Lee pushed it into my hands.

"Oh." Was all I could muster out.

Lee started to walk as I followed him outside. Skillfully putting on his jumper as we walked.

He guided us over to a bench on his decking which had perfect view of his big backgarden.

Once sat I just found myself staring up at the night sky once again.

"Now that we are away from my mothers prying ears, what happened?" Lee questioned. Turning my attention him. Lee's eyes were trained on me, he was listening.

"I got into a fight with my brothers, cried a bit, left my house with nothing, found myself on a rooftop crying while talking to a rich person and now I'm here."

Lee's face scrunched up in confusion, letting out a light laugh. "That was a lot."

"I know." I sighed. I found myself resting my head on Lee's shoulder. His arm found its way around my waist pulling me closer.

"Do you need to talk?" Lee asked.

"No I think I've done enough of that. I just need some comfort." I could feel myself staring out to the garden. We just sat in silence for a while.

****

"Kayla what are we?"

Lifting my head up off his shoulder, my eyebrows found themselves scrunched up. "What a way to break the silence." I laughed nervously. "What are you on about?" I questioned.

"I mean this, every time something happens to one of us we go to each other." Lee explained.

I pulled back a little creating a small bit of space between us. "We are just friends. This is what friends do."

"Oh really?" Lee raised his eyebrow.

"Yes." In the corner of my eyes I watched as Lee's hand moved to my chin. His thumb running over my cheek bone. His hand drew me in closer.

His eyes fell to my lips and then back to me. I couldn't help but follow his actions. "If we are why would we do this?" Lee leaned in.

I followed his guide, my eyes closing as our lips got closer. I could feel his breathe on my lips. He smelt like mint.

Just as I was about to press mine upon his the porch door opened. I never moved so quickly away from someone. Letting out a long sigh, why would I do that?

"Kayla I rang your parents. Your Mom said that they have been looking for you and they are on their way." Freya stood in the porch doorway.  Her arms crossed over her chest she didn't look impressed.

"Um yeah. Thanks I guess." It was the only thing I could come up with. My mind still flustered from Lee.

Looking over to him I watched as he ran his tongue along the inside of his lip. His hand rested on his lap, he looked pissed.

"No problem. I will let you know when they are here." Freya spoke before going back inside.

We sat in silence. An awkward silence.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean that." Lee said. He relaxed more onto the bench. Slouching slightly.

I shook my head. "It's okay. But what about Gabby?" I questioned.

"I like her. I truly do. But I also like you. I wanted to see if we had any sort of connection before I moved any further with Gabby." Lee sighed.

"Lee I couldn't do that to Gabby. I only see you as a friend." That was complete bullshit. I liked Lee so much but I could never do that to Gabby. She deserves the world and I know Lee can make her just as happy as he makes me.

"Your right. Look just don't say anything. We should go back inside." Lee stood up fixing his bottoms.

Nodding my head I stood up, following him back into the house.

Just as we walked in there was chatter. Stood at the entrance was my Dad, Louise and Freya. All whispering amount themselves. All attention was turned to us we they heard the patters of our feet.

"Thank God your okay." I heard Dad mumble under his breathe. He came over pulling me into a hug. I stood there awkwardly. Should I pat his back?

"Thank you Freya again. We are just glad she is safe. Sorry for bothering you this late." Louise had spoken up. I could see Louise glance between both me and Lee.

"It was no problem at all. At least she was safe and not roaming the streets." Freyas eyes seemed to have drifted onto Lee for a few minutes.

Dad had pulled away. His arm wrapped around my shoulder so I was tucked in by his side.

"Well we best be heading." Dad spoke up. Walking us over to the door.

Lee followed quietly behind, waving me off as we walked out. "Bye Kayla."

"Bye." I waved him.

Dad walked me right to the car with me still tucked under his arm. Ad if I was going to run off. Opening the door he waited until I got inside to close it. While Louise got in the front along with him.

I could already feel the tension. Maybe this time they will listen if I'm going to talk.

There we go Chapter 35...

I hoped you enjoyed. Sorry for the delay but it is what it is.

What did you think of this Chapter??

What did you think of Chloe??

What did you think of Lee and his confession??

What do you think will happen in the next chapter??

Any suggestions??
Any theories??
Any questions??

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Abandoned By Sophia Aria

General Fiction

779K 23.6K 57
Madeline Reed didn't have an easy life. She was found abandoned on the side of the road when she was only four years old. She doesn't remember who l...
104K 2K 25
❝we'de still worship this love❞ [ COMPLETED ] ★ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 percy jackson and lena brown were the best of friends until they weren't 𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐧 �...
648K 14.3K 22
5 year old Aurora and her big brother Jason have been on their own for about 2 years. Their mom overdosed when Aurora was 3 and Jason has been taking...
1.8M 45.4K 64
What happens when a mother and father get a divorce leaving their seven children heart broken and seperated from one another. When the father receive...