Out Of Time

By just-dreaming-marvel

Y/N Rogers got the healthier genes compared to her twin brother, Steve. But they both got an equal amount of... More

Intro - Please Read
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
hundred
hundred one
hundred two
hundred three
hundred four
hundred five
hundred six
hundred seven
hundred eight
hundred nine
hundred ten
hundred eleven
hundred twelve
hundred thirteen
hundred fourteen
hundred fifteen
hundred sixteen
hundred seventeen
hundred eighteen
hundred nineteen
hundred twenty
hundred twenty-one
hundred twenty-two
hundred twenty-three
hundred twenty-four
hundred twenty-five
hundred twenty-six
hundred twenty-seven
hundred twenty-eight
hundred twenty-nine
hundred thirty
hundred thirty-one
hundred thirty-two
hundred thirty-three
hundred thirty-four
hundred thirty-five
hundred thirty-six
hundred thirty-seven
hundred thirty-eight
hundred thirty-nine
hundred forty
hundred forty-one
THE OTHER BOOKS

twenty

2.9K 97 14
By just-dreaming-marvel

The next day, Y/N informed Coulson about Obadiah, and how she thinks that somethings up. He immediately told her that he'd get on it. Due to her nightmares and watching Tony, Y/N hadn't gotten much sleep. She was sitting at the counter, trying to eat her lunch and keep her eyes open, when Tony entered the kitchen. He immediately took her all in. Tony took note that she hadn't looked that great since he had mentioned her hand. He poured himself some coffee as he thought about what to do. He usually wasn't the worried about other people type, but there was something about Y/N Barnes that made him want to know all her secrets.

"You look rough, Barnes," Tony stated, immediately realizing he probably shouldn't have said it that way.

"Why thanks, Stark," she retorted. "You're such a charmer. No wonder all the women fawn over you."

Tony chuckled. "No, but seriously Y/N." Tony leaned over the counter right in front of her. "You should go up stairs and rest. I promise I won't go anywhere."

"Sorry, Mr. Stark. If you're up, I'm up."

"That's not a good thing, Y/N. I don't sleep."

"Well then neither do I."

The two stared each other down. Neither wanting to give in. Pepper soon marched in.

"Um.. what's going on here?" She asked, pointing between the two adults.

"Y/N hasn't been sleeping. I'm trying to get her to," Tony answered.

"Mr. Stark hasn't been sleeping either though," Y/N stated. "And I'm suppose to watch him. That is my job, correct?"

"You both might be the death of me," Pepper complained as she rubbed her temple. "How about you both go down to the workshop? Tony, you can keep working and Y/N, you can take a nap on the couch while still be close enough to be there if anything happens."

"Nope!" Tony immediately said, turning around to refill his cup. "I told Ms. Barnes here that she can't come down to the workshop until she tells me what happened to her hand."

"Tony!" Pepper scolded. "She doesn't need to tell you anything!"

"It's a simple question!"

Those two continued their bickering, unaware that Y/N was struggling to breath. Tears slipped down her cheeks as she tried to take in some breaths, but couldn't fully fill her lungs. Her hand came up to her chest and she played in her mind the moments she grabbed the cube and fell into the ocean. Pepper was the first to notice.

"Oh my gosh!" She exclaimed, stopping their bickering, and rushing to Y/N's side. Tony's eyes widened before he curiously watched Y/N's panic. "Y/N," Pepper tried to get the woman's attention. "Focus on me." Y/N's panicky eyes met Pepper's worried, yet carrying ones. "Match my breathing."

It took Pepper fifteen minutes to calm Y/N down. With Tony just standing by and watching.

"I'm so sorry," Y/N croaked. "That was very unprofessional of me. I've never let my personal issues show on the job."

"You're fine," Pepper said, running a hand up and down Y/N's back. "It happens, even to the best of us."

"It still shouldn't have happened." Y/N looked up to meet Tony's eyes. "I'm sorry, sir."

"It's just Tony. And don't." He grabbed his mug and headed for the stairs. "The workshop will be open if you want to spend the day in it."

"Really though, Y/N, are you okay?" Pepper genuinely asked once Tony was gone.

"I'll be fine. He just- my hand-"

"No need to explain to me. And I'll make sure Tony understands."

"I think I'm going to clean up a bit and then head down to the workshop."

"Sounds good. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you."

"Of course."

Y/N quickly left to her bedroom. Once in the safety of it, she broke down. She sank to her knees, clutching her scarred hand to her chest. Unbeknownst to her, Tony was watching from the workshop. Her panic worried him and he needed to make sure she was okay. It was obvious she wasn't. But he didn't know what to do.

Y/N was so embarrassed. She wished that her hand wasn't a trigger for the memories of her past. But she didn't know how to stop it. She sobbed as the memories of the day she fell flashed before her eyes.

"Miss Barnes," JARVIS' voice rang through the room, "you seem to be in distress. Would you like me to call someone for help?"

"N-no," Y/N shook her head. "I just... need time... It'll pass."

"You don't need to do this alone."

Y/N furrowed her brows and looked up at the ceiling due to the AI's statement. How the hell was the AI so emotional?

"I'll be fine," she panted. "I'll be fine."

Still watching, Tony didn't believe her. He went back to work, turning the screen off and telling JARVIS to inform him if anything changes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 250 24
"Love the life you live. Live the life you love." -Bob Marley When Yn Rogers and her brother, Steve Rogers, come out of the ice and are the first rec...
329K 4.8K 17
S.Rogers x B.Barnes x f!Stark!Reader After the events of the horrific past, y/n Stark, Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes have finally admitted their feel...
1M 31.1K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
341K 8.4K 46
(Bucky X Reader) [COMPLETED] y/n Stark, the daughter of Tony Stark and Pepper Potts, finds herself living at the Avengers tower with her father and...