HIS GREATEST BETRAYAL

By Nyanya_Writes

To her , it was his ultimate betrayal but to him , it was her redemption. ... More

All rights reserved
PROLOGUE
BOOK ONE : HOW IT BEGAN
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
BOOK TWO: THE ENCOUNTER
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
BOOK THREE : SCARS OF THE PAST
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Author's Note
NEW BOOK ALERT!

Chapter 61

3.1K 113 0
By Nyanya_Writes

CLAUDIUS'S POV

For the past few days , l felt blissful and a certain honey brown haired beauty was responsible for it. There was so much to Silvia Paula than l ever imagined. She was full of surprises. Being with her was like opening gifts on a Christmas morning and meeting surprises in every box.

I was discovering many new and shocking things about her each day. It was like she had been hiding her true self all along. She loved volunteering at orphanages during weekends. One day l accompanied her there and l was shocked to discover that she has been doing it for the past five years. She was even popular among the kids.

Seeing her playing with the children at the orphanage made me realise that she was going to be a great mother to our unborn baby. I also discovered her passion for drawing when she drew my picture one morning as l slept. My triplet brothers adored her a lot.

My cellphone beeped. It was a message from Silvia. A smile flickered on my face as l opened it. She reminded me of the party at Jane's place tonight. It was their wedding anniversary. I grabbed my suit jacket off the hook preparing to go out. Silvia and l were supposed to go shopping for their gifts.

I was about to get up when the door to my office was kicked open. It slammed against the wall with a loud bang causing the door frame to rattle. I looked up startled and l saw Martin Paula enter , his bulky and grim faced bodyguards trailing behind him.

I slowly got up from my seat feeling dumbstruck. It was my first time meeting the man face to face and judging by the stern look on his face , l knew it was not a pleasant call. Maybe he had discovered my relationship with Silvia despite our attempts at secrecy.

Obviously he didn't approve of us. Even myself felt lacking standing to a gorgeous woman like Silvia. We have been keeping our relationship a low profile for months because of Silvia's popularity as a model. We wanted to avoid any speculation from the media.

He stood before me , assessing me from head to toe with obvious dislike. I took that moment to also assess his physical appearance. He had the same eyes with Silvia. The same shade of brown but his eyes had an uncertain evil glint to it. His hair was a mouse brown and had several silver strands in it. As l stared at him, l suddenly understood why Silvia disliked him. The man oozed out an evil vibe and l could sense it from where l stood.

"Claudius Kassius!," the older man spat out my name like poison.

"That's me , sir," l acknowledged coming out of my trance.

His gaze racked down my being in clear distaste. He brought back his gaze to my face and he sneered. I put a lid on my simmering temper. I have never liked the man even before meeting him.

"Please sir, have a seat," l attempted to be polite but seething with rage from inside.

Seething with rage at the way he treated his daughter. Like a means to achieve his power. He held up a hand.

"I only came to see for myself the man who managed to creep into my daughter's heart and turned her into some senseless lovesick puppy," he spat out.

I clenched my hands into fists refusing to yield to my anger.

"You think by charming the pants off my daughter and planting your little seed in her will get you any fortune?"

I raised my head and stared right into the man's eyes with defiance.

"I did not use any trickery on your daughter nor do l want to achieve any fortune. Silvia and l love each other."

Martin Paula gave out a humourless laugh.

"Love! What a crazy notion you have."

He glared at one of the scar faced bodyguards behind him. The man stepped forward and dropped two heavy silver suitcases on my desk. He opened them and my jaw almost dropped to the floor. I had never seen so much money in my life.

Mr Paula dismissed the man with an arrogant flick of his hand. I stared up at him , my mouth still agape. He grinned in satisfaction and then l realised what he meant to do. I immediately closed my mouth and shot him an icy look. If he thought that l could be bought with money then he had another thing coming.

He produced some papers and pushed them towards me over the shiny oak desk. I knew what those papers meant even before l opened them. The grin on Mr Paula's face was replaced by a sarcastic look.

"I want you to sign those papers , take the money and leave the city right away," he ordered me in a stern voice.

I became curious of the papers so l took them up and scanned them. My face hardened as l registered the words in my mind. I couldn't believe the old man was trying to...

"By signing these papers , you are giving up your rights on the baby. You will never see my daughter nor my grandchild and you will never set foot in Rio for as long as you're alive. You will never try to claim the child or attempt to contact Silvia. You will never tell Silvia of our deal. You will have a clean break with her , without hurting her feelings and then whisk off. And oh another thing , if you value your life ,you will never think of trying to blackmail me for more money. What l am giving you is way more than you deserve. Just think of it as a fee for being a sperm donor to my daughter," he spat out the last words with an evil glint in his eyes.

I gritted my teeth as l tried to keep my anger in rein. How dare he try to buy me out of my daughter's life. I tilted my head to an arrogant angle and stared at him defiantly.

"What if l don't sign?," l challenged him.

His tongue made annoying clicking sounds. He came to stand right in front of me that our breaths were now fanning each other. We stood glaring at each other for a moment. It was nine in the morning and already he smelled of vodka.

"Then you will find yourself in deep shit, Mr Kassius."

He stepped back a little and laughed out loud. I stared at him in confusion. The man was really a psychopath. His lips curled into a smirk.

"Are you trying to raise your price boy by feigning reluctance. Trust me it's not gonna work. Many have pulled this stunt before but they never succeeded. Take my offer while it's still valid or else l will have you thrown out of the city without a single penny to your miserable life."

I teared the papers in front of his face. His face hardened more , if that was even possible. One of his bodyguards moved forward with a menacing look on his face but Mr Paula held up his hand and the man stopped in his tracks.

"You have made a very big mistake , young man. One you will surely live to regret."

"That baby is also mine and l have every right on earth to claim it."

"We will see about that but l promise you it won't be easy."

He angrily strode out of my office , his bodyguards following behind. I dropped on my chair and let out a helpless sigh.

~****~

JANE'S POV

I was still in my bed when Luis came in with a breakfast tray. I sat up straight and forced a smile. He sat the tray on the bedside table. It had a French toast , an omelette and a jug of fresh juice.

" Why didn't you come down for breakfast, " he asked me.

"I didn't want to eat because of my morning sickness."

He cupped my cheek and smiled sadly.

"Your eyes are just like your mother's. They never lie."

A tear escaped my eye at the mention of my mother. I missed her more than ever. Luis wiped away my tears. His grey eyes were also suspiciously moist.

"I miss her. I wish she was here with us," l choked out , gulping back tears.

Luis hugged me tighter.

"I know. I miss her too."

I closed my eyes and laid my head on his shoulder. We remained like that for a while, drawing comfort from each other.

I told him about Ferracco seeing those photos and getting angry for a moment.

"I am afraid that's one thing he has to learn to accept and live with. His enemy was also a parent to you. It's not something you can erase. So don't feel bad about it."

"I am going to visit your mother's grave next week," he added.

"I will accompany you. It's been a long time since l visited her."

"You can't go , Jane. It's...."

"Dad!"

"You are six months pregnant and not in a condition to travel. I will take you there once the baby comes."

I breathed out a weary sigh. He was right.

"Bianca will escort me so don't worry."

I cocked an eyebrow smiling mischievously. Ferracco once told me that he suspected there was something going on between them. He and Hazel had even bet a fifty dollars over it.

"I have noticed that the two of you have grown suspiciously much closer over the past weeks."

Luis flashed me a smile. He leaned forward and whispered in a conspiratory voice.

"I am planning on proposing. Don't tell anyone."

I held his hand smiling widely. His news was like a ray of sunshine breaking out on a great cold day.

"I am glad you chose her. Bianca is a wonderful woman."

At that moment the door opened and Elena came in dragging Bianca behind her. She came towards the bed and took Luis's hand.

"I am taking you to my tea party," Elena told him.

He laughed out in a merry voice.

"In my old age , there is nothing l enjoy more than playing games with my granddaughter," he chuckled.

He took Elena's little hand and walked towards the door. At the door he paused and looked back at me. He smiled secretly at me and l smiled back. I knew his smile had something to do with Bianca.

"You did not come down for breakfast. Are you okay?," Bianca asked in a worried voice.

I smiled at her thinking about Luis's plans to propose. They would make a great couple. I rubbed my bulging stomach smiling.

"Just the usual. Morning sickness. I will eat the breakfast Luis brought me after having a shower."

Bianca smiled when she spotted the breakfast tray. She gave me a stern look.

"I will be keeping an eye on you , young lady. No more skipping meals . It's not good for the baby."

I laughed giving her a mock salute.

"Yes maam!"

She cupped my cheek , smiling down at me.

"I am so glad Lucas and you reunited. You are good for him, Jane. The first time l met him , he was an angry and resentful young man. His heart burned with hatred and bitterness. You are like water dousing out the fire in him."

~****~

SILVIA'S POV

Claudius and l went grocery shopping for his apartment and also for Jane and Lucas's anniversary gifts. He has been absentminded and unusually quiet ever since l picked him up with my car at his apartment.

"Pass me a box of cereal," l told him.

He took up a box of chocolates instead and was about to drop it in the cart before l held back his hand.

"What's wrong , Claudius?," l asked him, closely assessing his face. I had a feeling that something was bothering him.

He seemed to come out of whatever trance he was in. He looked at me in confusion.

"Umm?"

"You have been zoning out for quite some time," l told him in an annoyed voice.

"It's nothing . l am just feeling tired. It's been a hectic day," he said with a forced smile.

I knew that he was hiding something from me. He has been acting strange ever since this morning and he was refusing to tell me anything. I hated being pushed to the sidelines. As his girlfriend , l had a right to know.

"Have you started keeping secrets from me?," l asked him suspiciously.

Claudius stared at me , his face contorted in shock and irritation. He opened his mouth to argue but someone called out my name precisely at that moment. We both turned and l saw Claire and Victoria walking towards us , looking like some models walking straight out of some Vogue magazine.

They were not exactly my friends but we sometimes hanged out together as we belonged in the same social circle. They took turns to kiss my cheek. I smiled awkwardly because l knew their presence always spelled out trouble.

They noticed Claudius besides me and l watched in irritation as their eyes raked all over him with apparent female appreciation. Vickie being the bolder one of the two, threw him a flirtatious smile before winking at him. My mouth gaped open in astonishment.

I guess people never changed. Ever since , our college days , Vickie has been known for her flirtatious ways and for wrecking other people's relationship. I snickered when Claudius's face remained passive , not acknowledging her attempts at seduction. Too bad , she didn't know Claudius as well as l do. That man was difficult to please.

Vickie dramatically flipped back her long glossy black hair which she was proud of before extending her manicured hand to him , her cunning gaze still moving over Claudius with apparent female appreciation. I had the sudden urge to slap away her extended hand but l stopped myself knowing that Claudius wouldn't appreciate me causing a scene in the middle of a supermarket.

Claudius took her hand feeling uncomfortable.

"I must say you are one good looking hunk," she drawled.

I gasped out loudly. The nerve of this girl..Claire laughed out and Claudius's face became a shade of red.

"Vickie! You are openly hitting on Silvia's boyfriend," she chuckled.

Vickie pretended to look alarmed as her right hand went across her chest. I rolled my eyes seething in rage inside. The two of them never let go of an opportunity to piss me off every chance they got. It was because l had once dated Vickie's ex-boyfriend and the idea had never settled well with her so she took every chance she can to jeorpadize my relationships.

I crossed my arms over my chest regarding her with a challenging look. She snorted at me before her next words almost made me choke her right on the spot.

"But I don't think they are an item. Right Silvia? He is far from Silvia's usual type. Is he your bodyguard?," she said in a sarcastic voice.

"You little piece of...," l started saying ,about to sprint towards her but Claudius held me back.

He stared at me with a warning glare. Claire and Vickie snorted.

" So Silvia , l heard you are no longer running for Miss Universe because you are pregnant, " Claire taunted her eyes raking over my pregnancy with distaste.

For a moment, l felt a pang of longing but l quickly discard it. Competing in Miss Universe had always been a dream for me and the two brats knew it and decided to hit a nerve. I threw them a sarcastic smile while running my hand lovingly over my bulging stomach.

"As you can see. I think it was a good deed , considering the fact that my absence will grant people like you a chance at participating," l responded.

Their faces hardened at my words. They were also models and they have been jealous of my achievements in the industry.

"I can't believe someone like you who vowed she would never destroy her figure by popping out a baby , got pregnant by mistake."

I opened my mouth about to hurl my comeback at her but Claudius took my hand , dragging me out of the supermarket, leaving our groceries there.

He dragged me till we reach the parking lot. We got into the car and he insert the key into the ignition about to start the car. He had not said a single word ever since we left those two idiots . His face was hardened.

He was about to turn the key into the ignition when l held back his hand, forcing him to look at me. A frown marred his forehead.

" Don't let what those two brats said get to you," l told him, lightly stroking his hand.

Claudius sighed before staring into my eyes with a solemn look.

"Silvia, do you ever regret carrying our baby?," he suddenly asked.

I wondered why he was acting all moody and asking me weird questions. His question angered me. How dare he ask me such a question when he of all people knew how much the baby meant to me.

"Are you doubting me? Are you saying that I won't be a good mother. Is that it , Claudius?," l snapped at him.

He blew out a breath rubbing his hands over his face. He turned to me with his face apologetic.

"I am sorry, Silvia. It's just that when that girl mentioned the Miss Universe, you seemed sad for a moment that l..," his voice trailed off.

"Of course l would be. That was one of my dreams. But that doesn't mean l am regretting my decision of having a baby. Having our baby is one of the best decisions l have ever made. You are doubting my maternal skills by thinking that l am regretting having our baby. It's the most insulting thing you have ever said to me and..," my voice trailed off with difficulty.

Claudius drew closer to me , looking apologetic . He took my hand in his and raised it to his lips to kiss it. I snatched back my hand and stared outside through the window, inwardly fuming. I wasn't going to make it easier for him. His words had pierced my heart.

"I am sorry, baby. That was bad. I don't know what possessed me to say those cruel words."

I pursed my lips, resisting the urge to smirk. It always amused me when he tries to pacify me by using sweet words he rarely uses. I turned back to him with a frown.

"What is it, Claudius? You have been acting moody all day," l asked him the question which has been bothering me all day.

He remained silent staring out of the windscreen. My anger rose up a notch. If anything , l hated to be ignored.

"We will talk again when you are ready," l said attempting to open the car door.

He held back my hand and l threw him an icy look. He ran a hand through his brown locks.

"I am sorry, baby. It's just..," his voice trailed off as he rubbed a hand over his face.

"What is it, Claudius?"

His grey eyes bore into mine and l could see the hesitation in them. My hand sought for his ,silently urging him on.

"Your father came to my office, yesterday and offered me money to leave the city forever,"he finally confessed earning a horrified gasp from me.

I couldn't believe my father had done that.

" Why didn't you tell me?," l almost screamed at him in frustration.

"l didn't want to ruin the relationship between the two of you considering the fact that he is the only parent you are left with."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.3K 922 35
(LOWERCASE INTENDED!) [18+] • his butterfly / may. 2022 - sep. 2022 ✅ "please don't hurt me again." i cried out as he stared at me with a hint of sad...
142K 4.3K 35
******completed****** A man of 5.9 height is walking through the glass door. He was wearing a black suit. The driver opened the door of his BMW. The...
80.2K 2.1K 71
Annalise Dolan. Once I was girl with dreams and better hope for the future. But everything got snatched away from me by father and her lover. He tain...
3.9K 185 20
"We all are sinners, but the best of us are those who repent" She's was a perfect Muslimah, what made her do it?. What made her make the worst mis...