The Billionaire's Bride

By _Alviva_

" If I know what love is, It's because of you! " ❤ ----------------- " Will You be my bride? " I was astound... More

Introduction
Part 1 | Runaway Bride
Part 2 | Goons And Fight
Part 3 | His Proposal
Part 4 | Miss To Mrs
Part 5 | They Think What!?
Part 7 | A Terrace Talk
Part 8 | Just Friends
Part 9 | What is He Hiding?
Part 10 | Apology
Part 11 | Nightmares
Part 12 | Birthday Surprise
Part 13 | Wounds of his Past
Part 14 | Swiss welcomes you
Part 15 | Couple Hiking
Part 16 | Pool Kiss
Part 17 | What are We?
Part 18 | Love Struck
Part 19 | The Headlines
Part 20 | The Gala
Part 21 | Confession of hearts
part 22 | Under one roof
Part 23 | The Bike Ride
Part 24 | What's the Truth?
Part 25 | My comfort Zone
Part 26 | Into You like Flames
Part 27 | Destined together
Part 28 | Let the World Know
Part 29 | And Suddenly
Part 30 | Didn't see that coming
Part 31 | Savour while it lasts
Part 32 | Loving You is a Losing Game
Part 33 | There's No More Us
Part 34 | On The Run
Part 35 | Strangers with Memories
Sneak Peak
Part 36 | Falling slowly
Part 37 | Out of Nowhere
Part 38 | Keeping the Hopes Alive
Part 39 | One Step Away
Part 40 | Back to where it began
Part 41 | Trying Hard
Part 42 | All I Want Is You
Part 43 | A kiss with a wink
Part 44 | let's get drunk tonight
Part 45 | Sweet surrender
Part 46 | Beware, It's a trap!
Part 47 | Bad Blood
Part 48 | And the Choice is Yours
Author's note
Part 49 | Hold on, a little longer
Part 50 | Checkmate
Part 51 | Old Factory
Part 52 | Last kiss
Part 53 | Pieces of My heart
Part 54 | Drowning on Ice
Part 55 | Home feels like you - 1
Part 56 | Home Feels like you - 2
Epilogue

Part 6 | Meeting His Parents

15.8K 828 75
By _Alviva_

NAIRA

" Okay, I guess this is fine." I adjusted the fleets of my saree.

After pondering over what to wear today, as I will be meeting his parents for the first time, I settled on Aditi's suggestion of wearing a saree. It's a simple red saree with golden border.

Kartik's parents arrived 15 minutes ago and are down in the hall, pretty much awaiting to see their son's wife. I heard his mom's impatient voice asking for me.

I looked at my reflection on the mirror, a small streak of sindoor sat on my hairline. Not so revealing, so I guess it's fine.

" Don't think too much. All this is just for today, before his parents." I remembered Aditi's words.

I don't know what is his parent's expectations of a daughter in law. Holding the knob of the door, I took a deep breath.

Don't be nervous. Just smile and act cool.

As I descended the stairs I sensed a wave of silence replacing the voices in the living room. I could sense their gaze on me. I walked and stood beside Kartik who looked at me dumb folded.

Now, why is he acting weird?

I slightly nudged his shirt, his trance broke. Shouldn't he be introducing me to his parents instead of standing still!

I was about to introduce myself but I went speechless when he slid his hands around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

" Mom, Dad this is Naira. My wife!" He spoke looking at me intently.

" You look so beautiful dear!" His mom chirped enthusiastically as she hugged me.

" Oh, I forgot! I am Swarna Oberoi and this is Rakesh Oberoi my husband. " his mom spoke with a smile as she looped around her husband's arm.

" Nice to meet you Mr. And Mrs. Oberoi" I got their blessing by customarily touching their feet.

" Oh dear, Stay happy! I am so happy for you both. " his dad spoke with a smile, caressing my head.

" Don't be so formal, call us Mom and Dad. You are like our daughter. " I didn't expect that honestly.

It's been years since I called anyone mom and dad.

We settled on the couch, me and Kartik sitting beside each other.

" Now tell me, what did you see in this ' not so romantic ' son of mine? I never believed he will have a love marriage! " his dad teased.

" Oh Rakesh please, as if you were!"

" Sweetheart, you had a dreamy proposal! I went on my knees on your birthday night at Paris... " Uncle winked at his wife.

" Yeah so you should also remember how you confessed your love to me for the first time?" She raised her brows.

" In granny's kitchen with a cauliflower! " Kartik fist bumped with his mom as they shared a laugh.

I chuckled as his dad rolled his eyes.
" Whatever! "

" Now tell us where and when did you meet each other? " she beamed excited.

" At Work! "

" Little flower Children's park! "

We said in unison. His parents looked at us suspiciously.

Oh shit! Think Naira...

" I met her in the Children's park for the first time. " Kartik intertwined his fingers with mine as he fixed his gaze on me.

" It was 6 months ago, a February evening and I was returning home after a meeting when I happened to stop by the area due to a flat tire. That's when I saw her for the first time, surrounded by a flock of kids who were playing and giggling with her." I looked at him masking my confusion.

I looked at his parents who had a wide pleasing smile on their face.

" Then we met in my office for a project, that's probably the first time we got introduced to each other and the Spark happened. Our bond grew and here we are! Right baby? " My eyes widened like a saucer.

Baby !?

I need a minute please.

" Y- yeah... Yes" I chuckled nervously.

" But You never told us about the girl who stole your heart earlier, why so Son?" now Uncle posted the question.

" Dad Everything just happened so fast between us." he shrugged.

" Anyways you don't expect a person to be sane when in love. Not just my heart but I entirely was drowned in her. " My cheeks flushed in pink shade as I heard his parents sharing a delighted laugh.

Okay. He deserves an Oscar.

Wow! Not bad Mr. Oberoi !

" So dear, Where are you parents? What do they do? "

" Um... They aren't with me, I lost them to a car accident when I was 5 " I spoke in a meek voice hiding my sadness.

Every time I remember them I start missing them more!

Just then the door bell rang.

" I'll get it. " Saying I walked to the door and opened it.

There stood a unfamiliar man in his early twenties. Dressed in a ripped jeans and a yellow hoodie, his brown hair messed up and a sling bag hung on one side of his shoulder. He looked so fit and toned.

Removing his sunglasses, he scanned me up and down, making me slightly conscious, " Naira? "

" Yes. How can I help you?" I asked politely.

" Well you can definitely help me by allowing me to take you on a date, beautiful! " he gave me a flirty smile.

Before I could say another word, an arm wrapped around my shoulder.
" Sorry but she is taken! " spoke Kartik.

" Hello brother! " the stranger said.

Will someone tell me what's happening here?

" Speaking of the devil... Naira meet my younger son, Rudra Oberoi. " Mr. Oberoi introduced.

Oh!

" You can call me Rudy and You are gorgeous! " He gave a beaming smile and I replied with a thanks.

" Pleasure is all mine!" He smoothly took my hand and placed a quick kiss on the back of my hand.

I couldn't help but chuckle at his antics.

" Stop calling her that, she is your sister in law! " Kartik pulled me closer to him.

" I am just telling the truth! " Rudra shrugged his shoulders.

" Trust me, if I had found you earlier than my brother, I wouldn't have missed a chance to propose you!" Kartik gave his brother a hard glare and I heard his parents laughing from behind.

------------

" So you play for the national Basket ball team. That's amazing Rudy !! " I exclaimed as we settled on the living room after lunch.

" yep, do you play? " I nodded.

" I used to be the captain of my college basketball team. That's my favourite game. " I smiled remembering those days.

" That's Great Naira! How about we play a game together? " He spoke excited.

" It's been long since... I don't know "

" Oh come on! I am picking you up next weekend, no excuses. " I nodded positively.

Rudra, the naught sibling, is three years younger than Kartik. He is a flirty, humorous and a social person, a complete extrovert exactly opposite to his brother.

From the little interaction I could see Kartik's family was easy going, loving and supportive. As We flipped through the albums I came to know about Kartik's childhood, Rudra's naughty stunts, their family and more.

Rudra clearly loves to tease and annoy his brother, after all he enjoys the privilege of being the youngest.
As much as they appear to be fighting cats, both love each other equally. They are proud of each other's achievements.

" I will get something to eat." I said in a cheerful voice and went to the kitchen.

It was around 5 in the evening. I decided to bake some cookies and prepare some coffee, which was my area of expertise. This is yet an another thing I learnt about Kartik.

He loves coffee!

As I placed the tray with cookie batter inside the microwave, I felt someone's presence behind.

" Aunty you need something?" I asked politely. She smiled and held my hands between hers.

" You know something, It's been long since I saw my son this happy and relaxed." I followed her line of view and saw Kartik laughing with his dad and brother.

" After that day he never opened up to people. Day and night drowned himself in work, rarely came to meet us. He wasn't his old self. " she sighed sadly. I couldn't really understand about what incident of his life she was talking, but for sure it seemed to be a bad thing of past.

I guess we haven't become that close to share our past with each other. Maybe some day we will.

" But now that you are with him, I am sure he will find all his lost happiness." I chose to be silent for I didn't know what to say.

Will he really find his happiness in me?

" They say eyes are the doorway to the heart. I can see his love for you in them, the way he looks at you, the way his eyes turned soft when you smiled. " My eyes again landed on him but this time I found him staring at me.

He gave me a soft smile. A dimpled, natural one. Like it was straight from his heart.

And this was the first time I saw it in his face, for me.

" This is for you..." saying she placed a box in my palms.

Reading the look on my face she told me, " Don't refuse, it's meant for you. "

It contained a beautiful pendant, an infinite symbol with a heart in the centre, diamond stones studded on the sides.

" This was preserved for my son's love. It's special and now is in the hands where it belongs to! " her happiness radiated on her face.

" Stay with him Naira, always. Please. " She cupped my face and place a kiss on my forehead before leaving me alone.

That moment I knew she had accepted me but for some reason I couldn't be entirely happy.

Am I deceiving a mother who wishes for nothing but her child's happiness? Am I giving her a false hope of our happy married life, when I know the future of this marriage is totally uncertain? Am I doing wrong with her?

" Naira! " I regained my sense to find Kartik standing before me. " Where are you lost?" He asked me softly.

" Sorry... I just..." Saying I started arranging the cookies and coffee in two trays.

" Let me help you" He said and lend me a hand.

" So you like them?" He asked me.

" Is that even a question. They are amazing !" I replied with a smile.

" That's true but sometimes they just drive me crazy. Specially my brother But !"

" Still you love them..." I finished his sentence. He smiled at me.

" I do. After all they are my family, my home, my everything. Whatever I am today it's because of them. " I could see how much his family mattered to him.

I just don't know if I am a part of it.

" You should spend more time with them. You know, they kinda miss you. " I suggested.

" I know... It's just that work keeps me busy all the time... " He said a bit sad.

" I understand, but try to make some time for them. Even they deserve your attention." he nodded.

" You are lucky to have them. Everyone aren't blessed with such family. " I whispered the last sentence before I smiled at him and walked out carrying the tray.

*********

Family time!

Did you like the chapter?

Kartik's pov in next chap.

Don't forget to
Vote and comment
👇⭐

Stay safe guys ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 41.2K 48
"Now since we are done with the introductions I have a question. Are you sure about this marriage?" I nodded "I am." He scoffed and leaned against th...
26.2K 738 50
Indian love story ...... # Sweet Ordinary Girl #Royal Prince charming # Enemies to lovers Every girl in this country is dying to marry me. Huh...
278K 7.5K 58
This is the story of a two people who willingly married each other and make their marriage successful and beautiful. In this story you will see how t...
779K 34.4K 66
Book 1 of #ARRANGED HEARTS series.... (This series will contain only arranged marriage stories...so read only if you want to read arranged marriage t...