Can it be? | Pansy Parkinson

By imlesbish

Anna Potter is starting her fifth year alongside her brother after an eventful fourth year. She goes to the... More

Cast
Prologue
Prologue part 2
I- Dementors?!
II- 12 Grimmauld Place
III- The hearing
IV- Dolores Umbridge
V- Detention
VI- Pansy Parkinson
VII- Thankfulness
VIII- Theodore Nott
IX- Granger
X- Hogsmeade
XI- Ditched again
XII- Merging?
XIII- Halloween
XV- Families
XVI- Bright future?
XVII- Twins' things
XVIII- Last meeting before Christmas
XIX- Three Broomstick
A/N
XX- Christmas gifts
XXI- Train rides
XXII- Cooking&Panic
XXIII- St. Mungo's
XXIV- Christmas
XXV- Arguments
XXVI- News
XXVII-Defense
XXVIII- Breakout
XXIX- Screw Politics
XXX- Lonely Valentines
XXXI- Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff
XXXII- Discovered truth
XXXIII- Slytherin Love
XXXIV- Drunken Mistakes
XXXV- Alone in our rooms
XXXVI- Talk
XXXVII- Confrontation
XXXVIII- First date
XXXIX- Sweet nothings
XL- Taking the cup home
XLI- Weasley departure
XLII- Late night confessions
XLIII- Astronomy O.W.L
XLIV- History of Magic O.W.L.
XLV- Crucial prank
XLVI- Department of Mystery
XLVII- Battle at the Ministry of Magic
XLVIII- Prophecies ruin lives
XLIX - The Second War is here.
So it is
Cast II
I - William Magrath
II - Horace Slughorn
III- Old Friends
O.W.L.s results
V - Weasley's Wizard Weezes
VI - Long awaited reunions
VII - Joyful first night
Little message for the readers
VIII - First Day
IX - Quidditch Tryouts
X- Cut Short... as always
XI - Dumbledore

XIII- Quidditch game

3.9K 131 48
By imlesbish

Anna's POV

The past weeks have been filled with quidditch practices. I knew Harry, Fred and George had hoped Angelina wouldn't make us practice as much, but it was her last year so she wanted to give her best. I always wanted to play my best and I loved quidditch, so I didn't mind waking up early and practicing until my body was sore.

It was getting colder, making it hard to stay at the tree of the Black Lake. Theo and Pansy were a bit wary about hanging out at the library or any other places were a lot of students stayed, so we would often go to the kitchen. I had noticed the way Blaise quickly warmed up to Nev and Luna. Seeing them interact always brought a smile on my face. Luna had someone else to talk about things most people found annoying and Neville also had someone else to talk about plants. It was apparently surprising to Pansy and Theo, since Blaise never liked Herbology much.

Neville and I were walking to the Great hall for dinner after saying bye to the others. We were both quiet, in our own thoughts. We ate with Dean and Seamus, talking about the upcoming Quidditch match against Slytherin. I couldn't wait to play and hopefully win. It would be fun to play against Blaise. We both knew any friendship we had developed would fly out the window during the game and we wouldn't have any mercy on each other.

After class the next day, I sat in the common room in front of the fire. Most people were doing something else so it was rather empty, which I always liked.

My mind drifted to Pansy once again. I knew I found girls attractive, I mean, the girls from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang last year were just amazing. But this felt different. I liked the physic of those girls, I didn't talk to them. Not like I would've had the courage anyway. Pansy on the other hand... Her body was amazing, the way her hair fell just above her shoulders, her eyes, just wow and her hands. They were so soft, just like her lips. I still remember the sensation of them on my hand. But the way she would laugh and her eyes lit up when she talked about something she liked. The way her laugh sounded and the passion in her voice whenever she talked about drawing or how much she hated Umbitch made my heart beat faster every time. We had actually came up with the nickname Umbitch together.

A shadow came in front of me, blocking the fire light and pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked up and saw Neville looking around nervously and fumbling with his hands.

"Hey Anna, can I talk to you?"

"Yeah of course, what's up? Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, yeah, just could we like, go up to my dorm?"

"Of course." I got up and followed him upstairs to his dorm. We sat on his bed and I looked at him, leaning against one if the frames. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Y-you know last year, with the champions. How like every guy was basically drooling over Fleur and I think most girls were fawning over Krum and well Cedric?"

"Yeah, I remember that," I said, remembering the discomfort I always felt.

"Well I- I wasn't only looking at Fleur like that," he mumbled. I felt my heart beat faster and I fought the urge to smile wide. I wanted to make sure I understood well first.

"You mean, you also looked at the other champions?" He nodded. "Please tell me it wasn't my brother, he needed an haircut so bad last year," I jockingly begged, trying to ease his tension.

"No, I didn't look at Harry," he laughed and wipped his tears. He looked back up at me and I gave him a soft smile.

"It's okay Neville," I reassured with a smile. "You'll always be my best friend who's obsessed with plants to me."

He laughed slightly and we hugged. I played with his hair, knowing how it always calmed him.

"Can I tell you something too?" I whispered.

"Of course."

"I wasn't looking at any of the guys. The only champion I had eyes for was Fleur," I confessed and I felt a weight come off my chest.

We hugged each other again and laughed tearfully, both relieved and feeling less alone.

"Wait," I suddenly said and sat up, looking at him in the eyes. A teasing smile came on my face. "Do you like someone right now?" He blushed deeply. "You do! Oh my god, who?"

He muttered something which I did not understand.

"Can you repeat just a little louder?"

"Blaise," he mumbled louder.

"Holy- yes!" I exclaimed with a wide smile.

"What?"

"You two would be so cute together," I said.

"Well what about you?" he said defensively.

"I do like someone," I said, looking away. "A gorgeous girl with the most wonderful smile and gorgeous eyes."

"It's Pansy isn't it?"

"Whoah there, since WHEN, are you able to read my feelings like that," I said

"Since third year Anna," he stated.

"Fair enough," I admitted. "I knew it was a good idea to introduce you to them."

"Look at us, two Gryffindors liking two Slytherins."

"Man, we're betraying our house," I joked.

"Yep," he agreed and we both laid on our backs in silence.

"You do know that just because you like Blaise and he's my friend doesn't mean I'll go easy on him while we play," I said.

"Of course. We don't want his ego to get bigger."

We played there, the both of us laughing around. Dean and Seamus walked in and sat in Dean's bed, the four of us talking and joking around. They didn't mind me being in their dorm and we were rather good friends. When Harry and Ron walked in, I felt the tension between my brother and Seamus.

"You should go sleep and be ready for the quidditch game, Anna," Harry told me.

"It's in two days, I think I can handle it Harry," I replied.

"Can you?" He asked.

"Are you and Ronald ready then? You should be coming up to your dorm earlier, wouldn't want you two to be too tired to play," I replied.

"Just leave Anna," Ron said and I gave him a sarcastic smile.

"Of course, my apologies to have bothered you two highnesses," I said with a mocking bow before leaving. "Bye Nev, Dean and Seamus!"

Blaise's POV

It was finally the day of the first quidditch match. I was glad, I always loved Quidditch. Even with my new friendships with Neville and Anna, I wanted to properly beat Gryffindor. Since Potter had joined the Quidditch team, Gryffindor kept winning almost every game. I walked to the Quidditch pit but before walking in I was stopped by my friends.

"Good luck during the game mate, you're gonna kill it," Theo said.

"I guess, don't get hurt? I don't want Slytherin to win, no offence," Neville said and I gave him a smile.

"We're still going to win," I said.

"You wish," Anna spoke up. "We agree not to go easy on each other right?"

"Of course." She extended her hand towards me and I shook it.

"Good luck then, see y'all later."

"Wait!" Pansy called and Anna turned back to her. She walked towards her and told her something I did not hear.

"Even if I have this lion on my head I also have this," Luna said and showed me her serpent necklace.

"Thanks Luna. I gotta go now, see y'all after our victory," I said and walked in our locker room.

Our captain gave us the usual talk before a match and we walked in. When he shook hands with Johnson, I locked eyes with Anna and she gave me a taunting smile. As soon as Madam Hooch gave the signal, we all started playing.

Anna zoomed to the Quaffle and started flying with it, Johnson and Spinnet following behind her. I flew below her, Warrington and Pucey surrounding her. Pucey gave her a push making her drop the Quaffle and I grabbed it.

I flew towards the goal and passed the Quaffle to Warrington. He threw the Quaffle and Weasley let it pass. Before any of us could even fly towards the Quaffle, Anna started flying towards our goal with the Quaffle. She passed it to Spinnet. When Spinnet threw to Quaffle back to her, she was almost hit by a bludger. We all thought she was going to miss the Quaffle but she kicked it to Johnson before Pucey could grab it.

As much as I hated to admit it, Anna was an amazing chaser. Pucey threw the ball to the goals but Weasley blocked it. To our dismay, he blocked the next three balls too. That's when our stands started to sing something louder, apparently lead by Malfoy. Jordan tried to cover it by commenting louder, but everybody was able to hear it.

"Weasley cannot save a thing, He cannot block a single ring, that's why all Slytherins sing : Weasley is our king.

Weasley was born in a bin, He always lets the Quaffle in, Weasley will make sure we win, Weasley is our King.

Weasley is our King, Weasley is our King, He always lets the Quaffle in, Weasley is our King." They all sang loudly.

Weasley started letting most Quaffles in, but the Gryffindors scored a lot too. We played dirty like always, but this time a Gryffindor matched our energy. Anna pushed us and stole the Quaffle from us, giving it to her team or scoring with harsh balls that seemed to hurt.

Warrington kicked the back of her broom when she tried to steal the ball from me, making her almost fall. I kept flying but I was worried about her. She was hanging from her broom with one hand and the rest of her team was too busy to help her, even the Weasley twins.

Potter and Malfoy started chasing the Snitch, but even if Potter caught it, we would win with how many goals Weasley let us score. We weren't focused so we didn't see Spinnet throw the ball towards Anna. Anna kicked it and scored just before her bother caught the Snitch, making Gryffindor win.

Goyle threw a bludger to Potter after the game was done, angering all the Gryffindors. Anna somehow made it to the floor and immediately went to the locker room. I could feel the anger coming from her and I felt slightly guilty.

From afar, I saw Malfoy get beaten by one of the Weasley twins and Potter. I left tthe common room and was joined by Theo and Pansy. We were all kind of weary and Luna ran to us.

"Anna's in the hospital wing, she apparently hurt her shoulder badly. Neville's with her right now," she informed us.

"Let's go see her," I said and we all walked fast to the hospital wing.

"Why are you all here?" Madam Pomfrey asked when we arrived.

"We're all here to see Anna, please," Luna said and Madam Pomfrey gave us a warry look.

"Very well." She let us in and we all walked to Anna's bed, Neville was seating next to her.

"Good game," she said when she saw me.

"You too," I said.

"Are you okay?" Pansy asked and she walked next to her.

"Yeah it's no biggie. I just kinda jumped when I kicked the ball and my shoulder didn't like when I grabbed my broom," she gave a small laugh. "I think it's better that than falling from 500 meters."

"Probably, I'm glad you're okay Anna," Theo told her.

"Of course. I've had worse, no worries."

"Your brother got in a fight with Malfoy," I informed her.

"Did he win?" she asked with a smirk.

"Well seeing as he was helped by one of the Weasley twins I hope so."

"You should be fine now Miss Potter, you are free to leave," Madam Pomfrey told her.

Anna grabbed her things and got up.

"Thanks Poppy! See you next time," she said before walking out and we followed her.

"Poppy?" Theo asked.

"That's her first name," Anna smiled at us. "She knows it's no use to not let me use it, she's tried."

"Didn't you call professor McGonagall Minnie one?" Pansy asked.

"Yeah, more than once but she's scarier than Poppy. And Poppy's already scary enough when she's angry."

"That's true. Apparently even Dumbledore leaves when she says so," Theo added.

"I'm hungry, you guys wanna go to the kitchen? Or you can go to your Quidditch team too," Anna said.

"Your house is probably celebrating your victory," Luna said.

"That's true, maybe you should go with them," Pansy said.

"Meh, the only chance it would be nice is if Fred and George sneaked in alcohol but even then Granger'll find a way to make it illegal or something," she said.

"What is it with you and your obsession with alcohol," Pansy complained. "Yours too Theo."

Anna and Theo glanced at each other, then back at Pansy. While we were all expecting an answer, they only shrugged. Pansy rolled her eyes and sighed in exasperation.

"Some things just can't be explained Pans," I told her. "I think I'm gonna go back to our common room, I'm tired and I need to change."

"I'll come with," Theo said.

"Me too," Pansy agreed.

"Okay, you guys have fun," Neville said.

"Don't be too sour on your loss either," Anna teased.

We all said our goodbyes and I walked down with Theo and Pansy. It was silence until Theo spoke up.

"So, you two like someone."

"What? No, what are you talking about?" Pansy defended.

"Right, we totally believe that Pans," I said.

"You totally like Anna," Theo added.

"Fine, so what if I do?" she admitted. "It's kinda hard not too," she mumbled.

"Nah, I get it, she's lovely. I'm glad you like someone like her Pans," Theo said.

"Yeah."

"Now don't think talking about me is going to make me forget what Theo said," Pansy told me.

"What?"

"I said that you both liked someone," Theo informed.

"What? No, that's not true," I denied.

"Right, so you totally don't suddenly like Herbology," Pansy said.

"You totally didn't warm up to Neville and Luna super fast. Neither do you take longer to say goodbye to them. Or listen to them talk about things for a while when you would tell me to shut up if I did," Theo listed and looked me in the eyes. "Want me to go on?"

"No, no. I get it. But I can't possibly like the both of them," I said.

"Why not?"

"It just doesn't work," I said. "Idiot."

"But-"

"Just drop it," I snapped. "Please."

"Alright. I'm sorry," Theo apologized.

"Let's just forget about it. None of it would work for any of us anyway," Pansy said.

We fell back in silence, this time it was heavier. I knew Theo said the truth, but I just couldn't see how liking the both of them like that could possibly work. Pansy and Anna had more chance to work, but Pansy would probably be too scared. Maybe Anna didn't like her either, maybe she was just like that with everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 630 32
Following an intense fight with Yn Moonshine and her father, Yn and Myra her younger sister are disowned and kicked out of their home. Their old fami...
310K 13K 39
Like always, please turn away from this if you haven't read the previous books! Since Harry and Anna had gone to Hogwarts, it's been crazy. From the...
307K 14.8K 78
She was thought to be dead by her father and the whole world. They were all wrong. She wakes up from her slumber of fifty years and finds that everyt...
14.4K 728 123
Story of the Slytherin Prince and Princess. OR Story of The Boy Who Had No Choice and The Girl Who Chose Him. Fu...