Intransigent

By 19Haley96

Emma was raised to be the perfect luna. She's caring and sweet, feisty and protective. Her pack loves her and... More

Intransigent
My Books
Intransigent | 1
Intransigent | 2
Intransigent | 3
Intransigent | 4
Intransigent | 5
Intransigent | 6
Intransigent | 7
Intransigent | 8
Intransigent | 9
Intransigent | 10
Intransigent | 11
Intransigent | 12
Intransigent | 13
Intransigent | 14
Intransigent | 15
Intransigent | 16
Intransigent | 17
Intransigent | 18
Intransigent | 19
Intransigent | 21
Intransigent | 22
Intransigent | 23
Intransigent | 24
Intransigent | 25
Intransigent | 26
Intransigent | 27
Intransigent | 28
Intransigent | 29
Intransigent | 30
Intransigent | 31
Intransigent | 32
Intransigent | 33
Intransigent | 34
Intransigent | 35
Intransigent | Epilogue
Parting Comments
Sequel Announcement

Intransigent | 20

15.8K 548 12
By 19Haley96

Chapter 20

Emma's POV

The party was amazing. Catching up with all of the members of the pack and talking with some of the alphas of nearby packs was relaxing and went a long way in proving that I was safe now. I had escaped Max, found my mate, and made my way back home.

Ashton stayed glued to my side most of the night and was always touching me in some way, whether he had an arm around my waist or a firm grip on my hand. I loved it and I really enjoyed introducing him to everyone.

Rick mingled easily, although I knew he was keeping an eye on me because he was never far away when I looked for him. I introduced him to people slowly, letting him talk to the people I introduced him to and calling him over if I found someone else I wanted him to meet.

Questions were asked about where I was the past two years and I gave them basic answers, letting them know that they would be told the whole story when I was ready to talk about it. I told them that it was hard and we would be taking care of the person that took me. They were content with that for now.

The party did eventually wrap up and everyone wanted to say goodbye before they left. I assured them I would be hanging around for a while and they were all welcome to stop in the pack house if they wanted to see me. The visiting alphas bid farewell one at a time, all welcoming me back and the ones Ashton didn't have treaties with encouraging me to give them a call when we made it back to his pack.

"We're going to have some pretty strong allies with you making deals," Ashton teased as we made our way back inside, long after the sun had set.

I laughed, leaning into his side as we made our way to the living room. "I am pretty good at it, I'll admit," I replied.

He kissed the top of my head and pulled me into his lap as he sat down in one of the chairs. The couch was open, but I wasn't going to complain. The mate bond was strong and I was much happier in his lap than sitting next to him. My parents, Aly, Will, Rick and Dane soon joined us, filling the couch and a few chairs.

"It was a good party," Aly commented from her seat on the couch between Will and Rick.

Everyone nodded in agreement. "That it was," I responded.

"How long are you staying?" Will asked, looking at me and Ashton.

"Probably only a few days," I replied. Ashton had told me we could stay for a week, but we needed to get back to his pack. They were my responsibility now and I wanted to get to know them. "We need to get back to the pack soon so that I can meet them and start getting to know them."

My parents smiled at me proudly and Ashton rested his chin on the top of my head, rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand.

"We'll miss you when you go," Aly responded sadly.

I smiled over at her. "I know, I'll miss you too, but I'll come see you and you'll always be welcome to come see us."

Aly nodded in understanding and we all chatted for a while longer, winding down from the party. Rick told us stories about his old pack and family and Ashton and Dane supplied stories from their pack as well. I sat back and listened enjoying the stories and laughing along with everyone else.

After only a half hour or so, my dad stood, rubbing his hands together. "It's getting late," he commented. "Off to bed. We'll have a meeting tomorrow after breakfast, but everyone needs their sleep."

We responded easily to his light command and we all stood to say our goodnights before trooping upstairs into our individual rooms. I changed into a pair of soft pajama pants and a tank top in the bathroom and when I came out, Ashton was already changed into a pair of pajama pants and bare-chested.

I trailed my eyes down his tight chest and abs, admiring the sleek, firm lines. He grinned, catching the movement of my eyes and I couldn't help but blush slightly.

"Come lay down, love. I'll change your bandage for you."

I followed his directions easily, lifting my tank top so that he could unwrap my abdomen. I laid back when the bandages were off and stared up at the ceiling as he used the antiseptic to clean the wound and added a layer of antibiotic ointment before pulling me back up and carefully wrapping me up again.

"You're healing nicely," he commented, sitting on the bed beside me. "Sierra will probably be able to take the stitches out when we get back home."

I smiled slightly, leaning my head against his shoulder. "I can't wait," I replied. "It's the last one."

Ashton understood the significance of my statement. It was the last injury that was left from Max's abuse. When it was gone, I would have an easier time putting those two years behind me. The only reminder I would have left would be the scars and Max himself. Max would be taken care of, and the scars would fade. I would heal.

Ashton scooted backwards, gently pulling me with him. He pulled the covers over us and I curled up against his chest, his arm over my waist holding me firmly. "It's the last one," he agreed quietly.

I sighed happily, Mel rumbling happily in my mind. Wrapped up in Ashton's arms like this made me feel safer than I ever had before. When this cut was healed, I'd have him wrap me up like this again and tell him what had happened in that dungeon.

"I'm glad that you want to meet my pack," Ashton whispered, breaking the comfortable silence we had been resting in.

I lifted my head to look at him. "Of course I do. They're going to be my pack now and I need to get to know them so I know how to provide for them. They're going to be my responsibility now, too and I want to do a good job."

Ashton lifted a hand to push my hair behind my ear, smiling up at me. "You're amazing you know that? I have no doubt that you're going to be the best Luna the pack has ever had."

I didn't have that much confidence, but I knew that I could do my duties well. Life was really turning around for me and I couldn't be happier. I just wished that Max would just go away and we wouldn't have to worry about him anymore. I knew that wasn't likely to happen, but a girl can hope.

I woke up in the morning pretty much on top of Ashton. I giggled silently as I opened my eyes. Ashton was flat on his back, one arm hanging over the edge of the bed, the other wrapped around my waist. I was laying on top of him from my waist up and, looking up, his mouth was wide open, his eyes closed in peaceful slumber.

I didn't want to wake him, but I did need to go to the bathroom, so I very slowly inched his arm away from my waist. I breathed a sigh of relief when I got his arm off me successfully. I placed my hands on the bed on either side of his chest and very carefully lifted my weight from him, backing away until I was nearly off the bed.

"Where do you think you're going?" he rumbled, shocking me so bad that I squeaked at fell off the bed backwards.

I groaned as I lay flat on my back on the carpet and Ashton's head popped over the side of the bed, worry prominent in his eyes as he scrambled off the bed and to my side. "Are you okay?" he asked, helping me sit up slowly. He looked me over carefully, not waiting for my answer.

I nodded, laughing. "I'm fine, you just startled me. I thought I had managed to get off the bed without waking you."

Satisfied that I really was okay, he grinned back at me. "Why were you trying to get up without waking me, love?"

I shrugged. "You looked peaceful and I wanted to let you sleep."

He smiled softly, standing and pulling me up with him, straight into his chest and holding me tightly. "Sleep wouldn't be nearly as peaceful without you there beside me."

Mel purred in my head and I smiled slightly against his chest. I didn't know how to respond, so I stayed quiet, tucking myself further into his embrace and enjoying every second of it.

Unfortunately, my bladder made itself known again and I pulled away from Ashton, ignoring his pout. "I'm going to get ready," I told him, walking over to my dresser to grab some clothes. I kissed his cheek and headed into the bathroom, relieving myself and taking a quick shower.

When I left the bathroom, Ashton was already dressed, relaxing on the bed and waiting for me. He smiled when he saw me. "Are you ready to go down for breakfast?" he asked.

I nodded, taking his hand as he stood from the bed and we left the room together. After breakfast we would have to sit down and decide what to do about Max and I was not looking forward to that conversation.

~~~*~~~Author's Note~~~*~~~

Happy Monday everyone! How was today's chapter?

I hope you all enjoyed it :)

~Haley~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 31 13
This story has strong language and maybe one day explicit content as of now tho there is none. It's my first story I love constructive criticism. ~~...
549K 13.6K 33
After being forced to live her life on the run, living the life of a rouge, Amelia discovers her mate is the Alpha of the second strongest pack in th...
2.7M 73.1K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...
96.2K 3.6K 52
/Highest Ranking : #746 in werewolf 5-26-17 / Started: May 2017 / Ended: December 2017 "I can't," was my reply. "I just.... I c-can't." His concern s...