The Life of a Wizard

By Side-Man

I drank too much and woke up in the body of a headmaster to a fictional school in a fictional world. Filled w... More

Death by Paperwork, are you kidding me?
Rising of a Hero
Welcome to the Room of Infinite Bullshit
Summoning the Living Dead
Welcome Back...
Justice for Velvet
When the Qrows come Home
An Achilles' Heel
Stomping on the Lion
Giving the Tinman a piece of my Mind
Taming the Dragon
Getting a Pet Raven
Bunny Lass
My New Maid
I Forgot
Going to a Club
Let's Make a Deal
Overcompensating
Fireworks Malfunction
Professor Ozpin's Bandit Maid
Brought into the Fold
PTTD (Post Traumatic Torchwick Disorder)
Summoning the Living Dead II
A Xiao-Long Heirloom
Real-Life Harem
Hanging with a Rose
The Cat's Out of the Bag
Payback
Escape Strategy?
The Greatest Hero
NOT CHRISTMAS!!!
Fear the Witch
Emergency Meeting
In for a Penny
A Wizard of Passion
Mom's Here
Even More Girls!
Melting your Heart
Tai's Side Business
Rise of FragranceMan
Halloween
An Ass-Whooping
Synthesizer Duel

Dragon Knight

16.5K 378 213
By Side-Man

Disclaimer: I own nothing, not RWBY, not the characters, or any concepts and abilities written here. Please support the official release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You can bring back the dead!?" Glynda exclaimed.

"In a way I suppose I did. However, I will not just pull out any soul from the Throne without the other party' consent." I pause, taking a sip of my coffee. "If Siegfried here did not agree to be summoned I would not have summoned him."

Glynda began to process everything she had just heard.

The Throne of Heroes.

A place where space and time held no meaning, where legends rested and could be called forth given that both parties agreed and had enough magic?

She knew magic existed but to think that magic was capable of this?

The man in armor named Siegfried, who stood beside Ozpin, was dead, and is still dead if what they just told her was right. It was a temporary body made of magic.

Glynda took a breath and asked the question that had been on the back of her mind.

"Can you bring back Summer?"

I take my hand up to my chin and ponder for a moment. "Summer Rose? Hmmm, I highly doubt she is a Heroic Spirit. A Counter Guardian? Probably..."

Glynda's face fell. Losing Summer was a blow to all of them. If he could bring her back...

"but that doesn't mean there isn't a way."

Glynda's eyes filled with hope once more.

"I simply cannot just bring Summer back to life as that would bring back the God of Light faster than a cat eating tuna." A smile forms on my face. "However the Kaleidoscope is quite a versatile magic and will be quite helpful in saving her."

She saw Siegfried's eyes widened in surprise. "Master, you can use the Second Magic?"

Second Magic?

"Yes, I just figured it out early today. It is quite versatile, allowing me to travel anywhere in the world... and anywhen."

"You mean?" Glynda breathed out... that couldn't be...

"Yes..." He nodded. "I am going to go back in time to before Summer died but after the attack. While I would love to stop them, I do not want to erase all of history causing a time paradox or a Singularity in the process. The mercenaries left Summer for dead, leaving her to die out from her injuries not expecting help to arrive somewhere so far out and I can come in to save her once they have left so I can save her without destroying history in the process."

Glynda closed her eyes.

It took a while for her to get all her bearings, to process everything and she began massaging her forehead. "I need some Jasmine Tea after this" she muttered.

"Here you go."

"Huh?" She opened her eyes and saw a cup a steaming Jasmine tea floating in front of her.

"We can wait for a while before we leave. So drink some tea and relax."

She looked at the floating cup in front of her and the delicious smell of Jasmine tea tickled her nose.

As soon as she grabbed the cup it gained weight and stopped floating.

She brought it to her lips and took a sip and it was like gentle warm arms were wrapping around her, easing all her worries away.

The loving hands of her mother.

She was at peace, everything was alright with the world.

But it didn't last long as Glynda soon snaps out of it and notices that the cup in her hand is suddenly empty.

It took a while for the Disciplinarian to process this. That was the best tea she had in, well... ever. 

She looked at it longingly... wishing she had more tea.

Her cup glowed and it was filled to the brim again with delicious, delicious tea.

This time she decides to drink slowly to savor every drop, ignoring the chuckling Ozpin.

"Would you like something to drink Siegfried? Tea, coffee, chocolate or perhaps wine?" I asked the Heroic Spirit.

"Master, you are aware that as a Heroic Spirit I do not need to drink or eat?" Siegfried states.

"That doesn't mean you cannot enjoy it, can you?"

"....Very well, Thank you for your offer, I'd like some of what the Madam is having then." Siegfried responds.

Hmm, at least the man had good taste even if he was dead for quite a while.

A magician, a teacher and a Heroic spirit were preparing for a Rescue mission... two of them by drinking tea, and one of them, hot chocolate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salem was the Queen of the Grimm, but first and foremost she was a wife and a mother.

All she wanted was to live happily with Ozma and her lovely daughters.

But they were dead, and it was all her fault.

At first, she blamed at Ozma, then she blamed humanity for forcing her husband to do such a thing.

Now... she doesn't care about humanity anymore.

No, now she just wants the Relics.

She blames the Gods, they were the ones responsible for this.

They took her lover away, brainwashing him to turn against her and she should just accept it?!

NO!

She watched over him when he was a hermit.

When he had given up on the world and decided to live a life of solitude.

She was filled with joy when the four young maidens managed to bring life back to his eyes, she only wished she could have been the one to do it.

He had even named Summer, Winter, Spring, and Fall, after their children. It was a sign that he also regretted it. That he also loved them, that he still loves her even with the Gods influence.

She watched him when he was depressed and drank alcohol to escape the hardships of the world.

She watched him with amazement as he built a Kingdom from the ashes.

She still loved Ozma or Ozpin as he goes by these days. She will wait for the day when he returns to her side, he will be free of the gods influence one day. Even if he hates her in the end.

So she waited and waited.

Then came the Silver-Eyed Warriors....that made her SO MAD!

The God of Light's influence had grown so much that he had slept with another woman, and from her, the silver-eyed warriors were born.

It was something she couldn't give to Ozpin, for she had the energies of destruction flowing through her.

So she rejected them, rejected them all. 

She hunted them down, killing them the moment they appeared, driving them to extinction...

And she had succeeded!

Then one day... she felt it.

A powerful burst of magic with Ozpin's lifeforce. She looked out the window from her throne room, had he come to his senses? Was he ready to accept her in his life again?

She could only hope as she stared out of her castle... just as she once did a long time ago...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pain.

Pain.

SO MUCH PAIN...

She was so cold her Aura had long since shattered.

It was all Summer could feel all over her body as she lay in the woods, bleeding, her eyes cut out and the rain pouring down her body as if the sky was mourning.

Ruby.

Yang.

I'm so sorry little ones...

Mommy couldn't come home...

Tears/blood leak out her empty eye sockets as she cried.

The pain in her heart, far greater than the physical pain she felt. She didn't cry when they broke her bones. She didn't cry when they cut her muscles. She didn't let out any tears when they sliced out the eyes, blinding her forever.

But she now cried for her daughters. For her husband. For her friend.

How will her little balls of sunshine grow up?

Would they be alright without her?

Taiyang would be heartbroken.

If only Raven hadn't left them.

Why Raven? Why did you leave? How could you leave your only daughter behind? I just don't understand...

And yet even then, I still can't be mad at you.

She will not see her daughters' first day in school. She will not have the chance to tease them about their boyfriends. She will not be there to spoil her grandchildren rotten.

Taiyang would.

Oh, Gods...

Here she cried silent tears falling, blind to the world.

"I'm sorry my little cookie," She whispered. "Mommy broke her promise."

"Eat all your vegetables, don't make a fuss, or you won't get your cookies" She continued as if her voice would carry through the wind to her daughters.

"Be good to your father, he will be so lonely, try to cheer him up. Maybe get him a little puppy.." She coughed out and blood began to leak from her mouth.

It looks like she didn't have long...

And then a strange sound came...somewhere to her right and then she heard a few footsteps... 

One... two...three people?

"Oh god... Summer!"

Wait, Glynda? What was she doing out here? This place was thousands of kilometers from Vale in the middle of nowhere.

"Looks like we made it just in time." Wait, Ozpin too? How did they get all the way out here?

She heard Glynda groan...was there a pun she missed somewhere?

"Glynda!"

"On it!"

She felt like she was floating and then she was moved...and they passed through something...strange. She can't tell what it was but now she is warm and in a bed.

She could feel omeone's hand on her empty eye sockets.

"Let me fix that."

The hand feel very warm, not temperature warm...but like warm-warm.

She couldn't explain it.

It was as if her father was here, beside her, alive again.

Pain slowly begins to fade and her breathing begin to ease. Bones begin to realign themselves painlessly... how in the? Did they bring someone with a healing semblance?

As her pain fades away she felt the hands leave her face and she felt a bit disappointed.

She felt fine... the pain seem to be completely gone... she blinked her eyes open reflexively.

Wait, eyes!?

She was in the Beacon infirmary...and there were three people beside her, Ozpin Glynda and some dude in cool armor.

Wait, she was in the Beacon infirmary? HOW!? Raven!? No, not her, she would have heard her portal if that was so, it's sound was unique.

Wait, Glynda?

"Glynda..." She looks at her carefully and leans in. "You're... old?"

Ozpin bursts into laughter as he covers his mouth and Glynda turns red from embarrassment. Even the man next to them has a small amused smile on his face.

Oh...

Oh...OH GOD, THIS IS AWKWARD...

Why did she put her foot in her mouth.....she thought was OVER THAT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 1.1K 25
Waking up in a white room instead of your bedroom is not normal, hearing a voice in your head is not normal. But being chosen to be a Gamer is someth...
1.3K 22 7
Got bored, so decided to write a story. Hope you enjoy, or not, I don't care. For the record, everyone in the story is 21+
10.3K 340 55
A young hero, an exalted heiress, a troubled rogue, a party girl, and a knight. These are the five members of RWBY, a team brought together and train...
4.7K 81 11
It appears you and your teammate have made it to Argust but getting the help from the people for Atlas is gonna he that easy. You have fight your way...