Hopelessly Devoted

By haroldsvodkashots

He was enticing in every way. The way his body moved swiftly around the ring as I watched him from behind the... More

cast
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63: Part 1.
63: Part 2.
64
65

6

18.2K 400 592
By haroldsvodkashots

The hard chairs of the lecture hall make my back hurt every time I sit in them. College was one of the most freeing times in my life, but being stuck in microbiology makes me rethink my choice to be here.

The fact that I would rather be at work, says something.

I sit for two hours as my professor lectures about the discoveries of Antonie van Leeuwenhoek. I try to take notes on my computer as a good student, but I end up watching the clock on the wall like it's a Netflix show. I've been falling back on my studies recently due to the amount I work at Chargers.

My grades are still just as good but I need to make sure I don't fall behind for finals in a couple of months.

The second semester of sophomore year has been the hardest for me. USC takes education in the medical field rather seriously, as any school should, and I want to be on top of my game so once I'm done with undergraduate school I can get accepted into the best medical schools in California.

"With the observations of bacteria and protozoa..." I could hear Professor Jackson in the back of my thoughts, "A fifteen hundred word page essay..."

That's what had snapped me out of my thoughts and back to paying attention. I leaned over to the girl next to me and whispered, "What's the essay on? Sorry, I blanked out."

"Don't ask me, babe, I blanked out too." She shrugged it off like it was nothing.

I chuckle under my breath, tucking my hair behind my ear. I turn to the blonde-haired guy on my right and ask him the same question.

"No that's okay," He says nicely, "He wants a fifteen hundred word paper on how bacteria and protozoans affect human life."

I internally groan, knowing that the effects of bacteria life are astronomical.

"Thank you so much, my brain didn't want to function today," I tell him in a low volume, not wanting to disrupt the rest of class. He smiles back and looks over my shoulder at my computer and sees the lack of notes I had taken all class. He subtly slides his journal that he had been writing in on my desk.

"Take a picture. It happens sometimes." He says, referring to the fact I had blanked out. I look at him with a bright smile. This kid was so nice.

I reach into my bag to grab my phone and I snap a quick picture, trying to be discreet about it.

"Woah. Thanks! I'll return the favor sometime." I say as I see a class being dismissed and we both gather our things.

"I'll hold you to that, Blake." He smirks and exits the classroom. I wonder how he knew my name. I shrugged it off and exited the class as well.

I made my way down the college hallway and turned the corner to head into one of the many courtyards of the University of Southern California. I had walked from the science department more into the Fine Arts buildings because it was a shortcut to my apartment. I didn't have any more school left today and I was ready to go home before I had work tonight. I wonder if Harry will be there...

"Blake!" I hear a familiar voice call behind me that makes me stop in my tracks. I groan to myself knowing who it is and slowly turning around.

With that, my body is faced towards the boy I finally got out of my life after a year of straight torture. Grayson McCleran was the reason my white pillow was stained with mascara so many nights freshman year of college.

"I'm so glad I saw you today," He rambles out of breath, "I've been trying to get a hold of you for months."

"Grayson, you haven't been able to get a hold of me because I've blocked you on everything. We broke up half a year ago, you need to move on." I tell him, keeping my distance. Grayson was a hothead that could erupt at any moment.

"Oh come on babe, you know I never meant to hurt you..." He mumbles under his breath, acting as one of this man's many talents, and he knew how to fool anyone.

"You did though. You cheated, you lied, and you made me feel shitty our whole relationship. You were so toxic Grayson, I didn't want to deal with it anymore."

His words of apology meant nothing to me, he was the most manipulative person. His changes in personality were quick and unpredictable.

"Oh fuck off with that bullshit, Blake. You know I loved you." He snaps harshly, I immediately flinch back.

"You don't forget about a person you love, Grayson, and that night? You forgot about me." I whisper, looking at my feet.

"Blake, how many times do I have to say sorry for you to take me back? You're being so damn difficult!" His voice started to rise and my hands started to shake. He yelled throughout our entire relationship. He was jealous, he was angry, and he didn't know how to control his emotions in the slightest.

"Grayson, please stop contacting me. It's freaking me out." I tell him calmly, trying to subside any anger that is awoken inside him. He does scare me, any type of abusive relationship leaves scars. The things he would say to me, the dismissive personality, the way he made me feel like an object...

"At this point, Blake, you need to get over yourself. She didn't mean anything to me, you know that I've told you that-"

"No." I interrupted him immediately, not wanting to listen to his bullshit anymore. I have no obligation to forgive him for what he did.

"What did you just say to me?" He says lowly and aggressively. He starts to step closer towards me as I step farther away from him. I feel a twist in my stomach, there is nobody in the courtyard around us at this particular time. I'm scanning my eyes around the area looking for anyone who could help.

"I- Uh- said no. I said no." I stammer, looking back at his brown eyes, my dark green ones full of fear. He takes in my expression and smirks, thriving off of it.

"Are you testing me, you little bitch?" He growls at me, standing dangerously close.

I couldn't even respond, I was frozen in my place. I didn't know the correct way to get out of this. He stood there, towering over me. His gaze was powerful and it made me feel so weak.

I should've just gone along with what he said and I could've avoided this.

"Now what do we have here?" A third voice calls from a few feet away. I immediately turn my head to see the boy standing at my side: Harry Styles.

Grayson tears his eyes from mine and meets Harry's. Grayson is an inch or two shorter than Harry and a little less toned. Grayson was fit, but Harry fought for a living, he was outmatched. I let out a sigh of relief now being in the safety of Harry's presence.

Harry slips his arm around my waist pulling me into his side protectively. He stood a bit in front of me, preparing to block any of Grayson's attacks if they were to come.

"Blue, you didn't introduce me to your friend here. I thought you would've mentioned another boy..." He tuts, smirking at me.

"And who might you be?" Grayson growls in anger at Harry, who seems to have his emotions under control, at the moment.

"The guy that's about to kick your fucking ass if you don't back away from Blake in the next three seconds." There he is. I think to myself knowing Harry's fuse is only so long.

Grayson's posture changes as he moves a few steps back in a submissive manner. He watches as Harry moves his hand from my waist to my hip, so his fingers rest on the side of my hip bone. Grayson's eyes narrow and his muscles contract under his shirt like he's holding something in.

Harry's face leans down to mine and his curls brush against the side of my cheek.

"Who's this piece of shit?" Harry whispers in my ear, continuing to make direct eye contact with Grayson.

Grayson's possessive nature had always annoyed me and the fact that he still had that quality after half a year apart made me mad. I wasn't his anymore, and he definitely never owned me like he acted.

While I had Grayson right in front of me and Harry to my side, I decided to play around a bit. While it wasn't smart, Grayson had made me mad enough already today and Harry was here to protect me if anything were to happen.

I make both of their eyes widen in surprise when I move my hand up to Harry's curly hair and tangle my fingers in his roots. I subtly move my head up his neck in a seductive manner, trailing my lips across his jaw line. I finally reach his ear and I whisper gently,

"Ex-boyfriend. A bit on the crazy side."

I bite his earlobe softly, tugging slightly, before pulling away and resting my hands on his chest. I look back up at his wide green eyes who are peering down at me in shock. I smirk up at him before turning my attention to Grayson.

"Don't you have somewhere to be, Gray? It's useless to try and get me back." I tell him truthfully, watching his face almost contort in anger.

"Fuck this. I'll be seeing you soon, Blake." He mutters and turns around. He stalks off with an angry huff as I try to contain my laughter by burying my face in my hands and turning into Harry's chest.

"What the fuck was that?" He breathes, a little out of breath from just standing there. I shrug, not saying anything.

"Well aren't you, little miss bold?" He playfully teases, poking my sides with his pointer finger, making me cringe back in reflex.

"He was pissing me off. I'm glad you showed up though." I murmur, looking at my shoes.

"Mhm," he hums, "I saw you in distress. I couldn't have my Blue baby, all beat red with anger now could I?" He says lightheartedly.

"I didn't know you had classes at the same time as me, are you a science major?" I ask him once more, trying to learn more about the mysterious Harry Styles.

"No." He says and immediately changes the subject.

"Are you headed home? I can walk you to your car." He offers kindly, dropping his hand from my back.

"Uhh, no I don't have a car. I actually biked." I say, pointing over to the bike rack at the edge of the grass.

"Oh. Well if you want, I can give you a ride back to your apartment and you can pick up your bike later. It looks like it's going to rain." He says as he looks at the sky.

"I don't really ride in cars unless I have to..." I say timidly, wanting to avoid the subject.

"Oh okay..." He says, just as a drop of rain falls on my face. He chuckles and wipes it off with his thumb.

"Ride home safe, okay?" He asks, "These roads get really muddy in the rain."

He turns around as more droplets of water fall from the sky and I find myself calling after him.

"Harry, wait!" I call from behind him. "Can I still have that ride?" I ask timidly. Even though cars scare me, they happen to be useful.

"Of course. Come on, Blue. We can't have you catching a cold from biking home in the rain." He laughs, waving his hand in motion towards the street where I guessed his car was parked.

He walked to the curb and pulled out his key, unlocking his car. When the click of the unlock drew my attention in, my jaw almost dropped. His car was a dream.

"Sweet car, Styles," I mutter to him in amazement. He only smirks in response shyly.

I got in the car with shaky hands, the same reaction as I do every time. I watch my bike get further away from us as Harry peels away from the curb.

"Same apartment as last time?" He checks just to make sure.

"Mhm." I hum in response, just trying to keep my cool.

"I'll drive slow okay? I'll tell you when I'm turning too if you want." He tells me softly, the radio playing in the background.

"Okay," I whisper, my eyes scanning the road in front of me.

"Can I ask why you hate cars so much?" His timid tone tells me he doesn't want to overstep.

"My dad died in a car accident when I was eight. I haven't been comfortable in a car since." I say nervously, not really wanting to talk about it anymore. I left out the important fact that it was vehicular manslaughter, but Harry didn't need to know yet.

"I'm sorry..." He mumbles not knowing how to respond, the car is silent from then on.

"I'm gonna turn on your street, okay?" He says softly, letting me know just like he promised. He pulls up in front of my apartment, parking the car in the open parallel parking spot.

He unlocks the door and fiddles with his hands nervously not knowing what to say. His shy and uncertain attitude towards the situation made me gush to myself.

"Harry?" I ask softly, as his light green eyes meet mine, "Would you like to come in?"

He nods his head shyly and gets out of his side rushing over to open mine. I smile to myself as I watch him be so polite. I lead him up the steps of my apartment complex to the second floor and third door.

I take my key out and open the door allowing him to follow behind me. I drop my stuff on the counter and head to the fridge.

"Do you want anything, Harry? I'm not sticky about that kind of stuff." I tell him politely, watching when he sets his things next to mine and takes a seat at the kitchen island.

"Uh, no I'm okay. Thanks though." He mumbles quietly, still seeming to be nervous in my home. I grab a few brownies I made earlier out of the fridge and set them on the counter with two bottles of water. I rest my elbows on the island and begin eating one of the chocolate desserts. The brownie crumbles and I quickly move my hand to catch the crumbles.

Harry chuckles from his spot at the island and reaches to grab a brownie, I smirk.

"Couldn't resist?" I ask, opening my bottle of water to rinse the batter out of my molars.

"I was just trying to be polite at first." He says with a small laugh, opening his water as well.

"Nice house." He comments, his eyes scanning around the area.

"Thanks, Anna and I decorated it together when we moved in. She should be home pretty soon actually..." I tell him, taking another bite of my brownie.

I don't really have many boys inside my house, I was never one to host. I was too scared of being boring and them never wanting to come back, it had been a fear since I was young I suppose.

Having Harry inside my apartment wasn't scary at all though, for some reason I wanted him to see it. I wanted him to feel comfortable around me, I wanted him to learn more about me in hopes that he would tell me things about himself. He seems so closed off and doesn't let the world know anything personal about him.

"So... Do you want to watch television or what? I don't have much to do here." I ask him, weighing my options in my head of activities to do with a boy to who I am undoubtedly attracted but cannot bring myself to have any sexual relations with him because of his reputation and my fear of abandonment. I think television was the only option.

"Uh sure. Television is fine." He says as he gets up from his stool and pushes it back into place.

I follow him over to the couch where the big television sat in front of him. I grab the remote from the coffee table before sitting down. I sat in the middle of the couch, giving him no other option but to sit next to me or on the love seat that sat beside the couch. I prayed he wouldn't choose the love seat.

He seemed to have an internal debate as his eyes scanned the seating options. He hesitantly made his way over to the left side of me, sitting down beside me. I grin to myself and lean more back into the cushions. I turned the channel to Netflix so we have more options.

"Ok H. What do we want to watch?" I ask, flipping through the most popular movies at the moment.

He seems to stutter at the realization of his nickname but quickly recovers, "Whatever you want, Blue, I'm up for anything."

I spot Fight Club within the mix, and immediately I meet eyes with Harry. "Now isn't this ironic?"

He laughs with a true smile that only makes my heart flutter. I click on the movie, happy with our decision. Fight Club was a great movie, hot cast if I do say so myself.

The movie plays while Harry and I watch, our bodies never touching, but they are so close I'd only have to move an inch. Everything seems to be on fire as I'm so close to touching him. It's making my head hurt.

He stretches his arm behind my head to grab the blanket that sat behind me. He unfolded the fleece white blanket and flared it out, spreading it over both of us.

I brought the edge of the blanket up towards my mouth to conceal my giddy smile. I haven't been like this in so long, I haven't been with anyone since Grayson, and for obvious reasons. Trust was something very important to me, Grayson took that trust for granted.

I watch as Harry fiddles with the rings on his fingers and messes with his hair, he scoots around and can't seem to stay still. Our eyes meet once again, both of us giggling like school girls at his ADHD movements.

It was only when the laughter died down that the atmosphere of the room changed. Our eye contact was still strong when he began to shift forward. My heart started racing because I knew this time I wouldn't stop him.

His face was only inches from mine when he began to move the blanket away from us, breaking any barrier between us. He threw it halfway to the other couch. He shifted his body so he was facing me fully and he brought his face even closer.

"Are you gonna make it a third time, Blake?" He whispered, his breath hitting my lips. I was almost stunned into silence when I hoped he would push his face forward a few more inches.

"Try it and find out," I say in response to him, my fingers trailing up his arm lightly.

"You sure you want that, baby?" He mumbles seductively, his lips only getting closer to mine. Both of our eyes are closed at this point.

"The first rule of Fight Club is..." I whisper back to him and I feel his hand go up to rest under my right ear holding my face steady.

"... You do not talk about Fight Club." He says softly back, finishing my sentence for me. "Fuck, I can't take it any longer."

And with that his lips crash down on mine, pushing me underneath him on the couch. I whimper immediately in response, the sexual tension has been so high since we met, and I have been needing to taste his lips for so long.

I don't care about his reputation, I don't care about my trust issues, I don't care about anything. I want to take in his presence without any outside opinions affecting my own. He was rude at first, intimidating as well, then suddenly with no warning at all his personality changed so quickly. He was nice and caring, he allowed me to form an opinion on him souly based on my own experiences being around Harry Styles. I didn't need to listen to stories or rumors about him. The only way my opinion of him would change was if he did something to me directly.

When he begins to mold his mouth to mine I completely lose it, his hands roam my slim waist, trailing them on the outside of my hip before slipping his palm to the backside. He gives my ass a tight squeeze before trailing his hands toward my thighs.

I keep my hands locked around his neck and tangled in his hair. His tongue traces my bottom lip asking for entrance that I eagerly allow. He slips his tongue past my lips making me let out another soft whimper.

"I've been waiting for weeks..." He breathes as he disconnects our lips for a second before moving to my jaw. He feathers light kisses along my jaw bone before bringing up the intensity.

He leaves hot, open-mouth kisses along my neck, moving higher to right under my ear. He sucks harshly on the skin making me moan in response.

He trails his lips to my collar bones and sucks harshly on the skin under the bones. He makes sure to leave little reminders all over my pale, smooth skin. I miss the pressure of his lips on mine, so I drag his face back to mine before reattaching our mouths.

He moves his hips in between my thighs, resting his body on top of mine. He puts no pressure on me at all, I can just simply feel him. We shamelessly grind our hips together while he grunts in reaction.

His large hands fan over my hips holding them still as he kisses me harder and deeper. His tongue pushing against mine in the best way. He grinds against my still hips, forcing me to only imagine what he would be like in bed.

"Fuck Harry." I moan under my breath. He doesn't say anything, but he puts his hand next to my head to hold himself up. I move my hands from his hair to his jawline, hooking them under the bone. I pull his body closer as if it was possible.

He hooks his hand around one of my thighs to hook it over his hip. He grinds even harder, making my head fall back. The intensity of this makeout went from zero to a hundred so quickly, I don't think we could stop each other if we tried.

Our whimpers and moans only get louder before he suddenly rips his lips away from mine, abruptly stopping all movements in his hips, and hovers over me. I'm confused and annoyed with the missing of his lips on mine when I try to gently pull his face back to my own. He doesn't move but smirks down at me with swollen red lips and enlarged pupils.

"I think your best friend just came home." He says as I hear the door slam shut and I watch from underneath Harry's arm as Anna walks through the door.

A/N make sure to follow my TikTok and Twitter accounts I am starting to make teasers before each chapter so enjoy ;)

TikTok @haroldsvodkashots

Twitter @HopelessDevo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 604 20
"They grew up together and they knew they couldn't live without each other..." One orphanage hosted two innocent souls, two abandoned children, who d...
262K 6.4K 41
"So after getting shot, your main priority was getting a sandwich instead of getting help" "Hey, they've got the best ones in Queens!" When the aveng...
641K 11.3K 82
!!Story contains mature and explicit content!! ************* Deliverance- The action of being rescued or set free. Grey Monroe is given 60 days to p...
803K 24.3K 64
"You should speak up more often your voice is so beautiful." ®Twilight All rights reserved to Stephanie Myers