Cold Like Death: Shoto Todoro...

Af TeruTategami

One second she was smiling at the cold white bliss, the next she were enveloped in ice and a vision that fade... Mere

Chapter 1: Frozen In Time
Chapter 2: Late Night Sleepover
Chapter 3: Pride
Chapter 4: Morning
Chapter 5: The Cool Down
Chapter 6: Dad
Chapter 7: The Family
Chapter 8: The File
Chapter 9: The Gauntlet
Chapter 10: The Trials
Chapter 11: Doppelgangers Galore
Chapter 12: Jealousy
Chapter 13: Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 14: Cherry Blossoms
Chapter 15: Cats & Blind Dates
Chapter 16: Taken For Granted
Chapter 17: The Odds
Chapter 18: Fire & Ice
Chapter 19: The Investigation
Chapter 20: Awakening
Chapter 21: Hide
Chapter 22: Home
Chapter 23: Blue
Chapter 24: The Girl In Need Of A Hero
Chapter 26: Parting Ways
Chapter 27: We're All Connected
Chapter 28: The Final Destination
Chapter 29: The Beginning of the End

Chapter 25: Rescue

220 12 1
Af TeruTategami

I accidentally deleted this chapter and now I wanna kill myself...

Dabi's eyes narrowed in like a tractor beam to a man of shaggy baby blue hair. A man who cared oh so little for his own body from unkempt hair to patchy skin to horrendously chapped lips. His name was Shigaraki, a name given to him at a young age, and he rarely ever walked with an erect spine. Always a slump and hands buried within the pockets of whatever overcoat he wore be it a hoodie or his new ashy trench coat. As if expecting a grand spectacle, Shigaraki trudged into the small room, (Y/n)'s room, only to frown more than ever before as this wasn't an entertaining sight. Just a small ruckus of a patient's room, the heater buzzing on high, and his cold blooded prisoner sitting upon a bed with what was assumed to be dried stains crimson once red but brown due to age. Yet, upon Shigaraki's arrival, Dabi refused to leave his corner no matter what. His presence was profound! Overlapped with Dabi and (Y/n)'s seething detestment, the atmosphere was heavy. It's been weeks since they've last conversed, Dabi had no clue what exactly Shigaraki knows about him. Did Nyah tell Shigaraki about how he's been double crossing the League? Does Shigaraki know that Shun's alive? Does he know that Shoto's alive? Does he know anything and will it put his life on the line? Unless Nyah has something planned, she would've spilled the beans to Shigaraki long ago yet here everyone stood. Shigaraki, a man just checking in on the status of his prisoner. A Doctor, running tests. Dabi, the man watching over said prisoner.

Dabi wasn't joking... (Y/n) thought as she desperately fought to create as much distance as possible from Shigaraki and the Doctor. She had every reason to fear them as they're her worst nightmares yet. I don't get why they're here... At this point, I'm better off killing myself. I'm suffering... Why can't they leave me alone?

"I see neither of you are taking care of her," Shigaraki made a quick assumption. Yet, nobody responded verbally let alone physically. Just as Shigaraki pointed out, (Y/n) was a living corpse. Her skin was paled from the cold of her quirk, the roots of her hair, of which needed to be redyed, were as white as snow, her fingertips were black from frostbite as well. Those eyes of hers, they were paled from exhaustion and stress over the last few weeks, black rings to accompany them by. Even her clothes were dirty and tattered as she refused to accept anything given to her within this prison. Months upon months, maybe even years worth of abuse in just a few weeks time.

"Not like I can," Dabi finally found the strength to retort. "I'm keeping her warm as you instructed. She's alive isn't she?" That's all a lie. If he could do more to help, he'd do it in a heartbeat. Yet, he has access to nothing.

"Point made," Shigaraki took the hand from off his face and stared at (Y/n) boredly. "Show me the progress you've made."

Progress? (Y/n) wondered. Was it wrong to say she preferred Shigaraki with his hand on? At least then she can't see his buttass ugly face.

"Gladly," the Doctor grimaced. "Now, I haven't been able to awaken her quirk just yet, but I can control that finicky quirk of hers..."

(Y/n)'s eyes shot open. "S-Since when? How?" Can he really or is this just a bluff? All he's ever done is take my blood. Unless... Is it possible he transplanted me? (Y/n)'s thumb grazed a small lump that remained beneath the skin of her wrist. It appeared on it's own only a few days after she'd been taken here, but she paid no mind to its existence. She figured it was her skin healing since the Doctor's had to hook her up to a few IVs thanks to her lack of self care. Not once since coming here has (Y/n) willingly eaten or drank anything unless it was through a tube or... Force fed.

"You haven't tested it out yet?" Shigaraki immediately came to a conclusion.

"No... But it works," the Doctor's confidence was astonishing. He whipped out a large remote. It was like a game controller. Just big enough to be held within both hands but not so large it couldn't be held. On the middle of the box shaped device was a round dial that was a gradient of color from red to green with yellow and orange being in the middle. With a flip of a button, A red light bulb came to life as it occupied the top left corner meaning it was on standby and a bothersome electrical current coursed throughout (Y/n)'s arms and chest.

(Y/n) clenched and unclenched her hands over and over. The vibrations refuse to cease no matter what. This feeling... Why is it so familiar? What did he do to me? (Y/n) began to fear for the worst. Her dreams... That's why this electrical static sensation in her hands was so bothersome. She vividly remembers feeling as if her arms had been blown off in her lucid reoccurring dreams before the kidnapping. Wait... So the dreams haven't come true yet? When she was kidnapped initially, that must've not been it. The blood, the fire, this painful feeling. It's all coming true now.

Dabi saw all the conflicting emotions on (Y/n)'s face morph from one into the other. Anger, dread, sadness... It was all there. "I don't think this is a good idea..." Dabi spoke up. "What exactly did you do to her? Why is she acting that way?"

"I never said I perfected the product," the Doctor admits without a care. She was his test subject after all. "If she dies, she dies. I can always bring her back like I did Kurogiri."

"Kuro-" Dabi choked. Since when did Kurogiri die? Kurogiri used to be in (Y/n)'s position? Is Kurogiri even his name? "So that's why him and Hood look so similar..." Their eerie yellow illuminated eyes, their inhumane strength, their cloud like exteriors. They're both connected, one in the same.

"You still haven't explained what's going on..." Shigaraki hissed.

"Just watch... After I run one last test. Tomura, you paid a visit at the worst time." the doctor approached (Y/n) with a syringe at the ready.

(Y/n) hugged her arm into her chest. How much blood does this man need? (Y/n)'s forearms weren't even (skin color) anymore but black with bruises galore. What does taking blood do to help with, well, anything? She would lash out, but she's already done so a million times since Shigaraki sent her here. Each time, this doctor came out with at most a few scratches. Her fingertips were raw, frozen, unable to move. Most likely frostbitten speaking from experience. "Bastard," (Y/n) seethed. "You won't answer any of my questions! I've been cooperative for the most part! I thought I was supposed to be part of some 'Master Plan' not your test monkey."

"You're my subject until Tomura needs you... In which he's here to pay a visit if you can't tell," the doctor simply hummed. He released (Y/n)'s wrist in disgust. Oh how he prefers working with deceased individuals over (Y/n). At least they were obedient, can't do a thing to fight back. Of course (Y/n) had to be a living subject, and one he's not supposed to kill on accident either as she's not spendable in Shigaraki's eyes. The Doctor's opposite hand held a syringe of crimson he'd just extracted from the girl's veins. "It's been nearly two weeks... I normally awaken quirks by now," with an adjustment, the man's green tinted goggles narrowed in on (Y/n) and all she could do was glare.

"Now answer the rest..." (Y/n) allowed her hands to glitter with blue. "I might've let you take my blood, but I WILL damage my body further if I don't get any answers."

The man knew this for a fact or else she wouldn't have let her body go as far as it did. "After you serve your purpose... You'll be fused with others like yourself. That's why I need your quirk to awaken. Only when you're a prime specimen will we go forward with our plans."

Fused? Awakening? "And what does it mean to awaken my quirk? I still don't get why it's so vital for you..."

"To awaken your quirk is, much like the name, to awaken the full potential of your quirk. Under mentally and physically straining circumstances, a quirk will awaken. You've undergone both, so the lack of awakening concerns me..."

"Yeah no shit..." She cursed. The doctor was correct (Y/n) couldn't help but to agree. Why hasn't my quirk awakened? I've been on the brink of death for weeks now. This jackass takes so much blood out of me I pass out nearly every time, I'm barely fed, I'm always just shy of freezing to death with Dabi's short visits keeping me from slipping away. Mentally, I'm alone, my family is supposed to die any day now, Shoto could be dead as far as I know. It's a miracle I haven't died or awakened my quirk by now. Once it does happen... I'm gonna slaughter each and every person in the League of Villains...

"I'm ready," the Doctor claimed and stepped back to join Tomura and Dabi along the wall of the tight room. The Doctor grasped the dial and turned it all the way to the max. (Y/n)'s chest tightened, air unable to enter or leave, icicles sprouted from every inch of her body like a human porcupine and she collapsed! Her body flinched and flailed. A foaming at the mouth. Were they frying her from the inside out!?

Dabi was already on edge by this display, but once (Y/n) fought everything the best she could to give him a pleading 'Help!' with tear filled eyes that rolled back into her skull, he had officially broken his mental binds. How are these bastards okay with this? "Quit smiling you sick fucks!" Dabi snatched the remote and panicked for a second till he collected himself and stopped the torture. The icicles protruding from (Y/n)'s body retracted leaving her to tremble and shake, gasping for air while wet coughs fought her lungs and crimson sputtered from her mouth to the tile below.

(Y/n) rolled herself over, propping herself upon her hands and knees all to cough blood upon the tiled flooring. "Wha-What did you do to me!?" She hissed. "D-Did you do stuff to me while I slept?"

He forced her to use her quirk... Dabi thought in a daze. When did he... How? How is he able to do this? I've been here since minute one. He never did surgery on her yet he did this to her? Tonight... It has to be tonight.

"Because you failed to do as I asked, you give me this?" Shigaraki grimaced. The Doctor smiled in satisfaction. Is Shigaraki pleased or disappointed? "Better than nothing. I can use this as leverage," Shigaraki chuckled darkly and squats down before (Y/n)'s trembling frame. The tail of his coat collected upon the ground. "As soon as you're healthy again, you're coming with me," he looked down upon her. "Now that you're my puppet, the plan is just that much easier."

"Shove that plan of yours up your ass!"

An icicle shot up from the ground, right for Shigaraki. He jumped out of harm's way just in time, almost as if it wasn't of any difficulty. Another icicle, then another. The last one, Shigaraki didn't flinch in the slightest and held out a singular hand. The icicle should've impaled him, but instead it melted upon contact within a ghostly purple mist. "Try your best, you can't touch me," Shigaraki fixed his coat and threw up his hood. "Dabi... Clean up the mess and warm her up. We'll get the frostbite removed as soon as she's healthy enough to undergo amputation."

It's true... My fingertips are black. I can't feel a thing. They'll have to be removed...

"Just get outta my face," Dabi hissed and came to (Y/n)'s aid. The Doctor and Shigaraki fled the room in satisfaction and conversed over future plans.

The doctor took his leave... With the many vials of blood he stole. Upon his exit, (Y/n)'s harsh exterior fled like a bird in the winter. The teenager's body collapsed onto the cold tiled floor. Her body was stripped of its energy. Just trying to use her quirk anymore was draining on top of the lack of blood and fuel in the tank. "At this point... I don't care..." A tear fled her eye, but it froze just seconds after it's release. Dabi sat back and listened to her succumb to defeat carefully. He's never seen or heard her feel let alone sound defeated. She's finally given up. "I wish I wasn't born with this quirk... I wish Shoto never got me out of the ice..." More tears were shed. "I'm staying strong but... Where are you? Why is nobody trying to save me? Does anybody know I'm missing?" Silence. "I'm talking to you too... Touya... You know I'm helpless here."

Dabi pulled (Y/n)'s body close and allowed his hellish warmth to work it's magic on the living ice cube. "If I were you... I would've given in well before now," the man admits with his heartless attitude as always. He's always been more of a pessimist than anything. "Your spirit... It's because you've held out so long that I haven't left you for dead. Because why in the hell would I be risking my neck so badly for my brother's girlfriend?" (Y/n) stared up at him with a faint hope. It brought him back to reality. "I can't answer any of your questions though..." He cleared his throat. "I told Shoto not to bother looking for you and you know that. But where is he? I have no fucking clue. I can't get him to answer his cell but no matter what... You're leaving, tonight," Dabi claimed.

"Why'd you wait so long?" She sighed with a cold misty breath.

"I was waiting for Shoto."

"He's alive?" She nearly gasped.

"He's alive," he nods.

"I'm going home?"

"Your knight in shining armor will be here to save you one way or another."

Dabi tensed up as this frail girl wrapped her arms around him. "You should come home too..."

"My home is hell."

After weeks in the hospital, it wasn't until today that Shoto Todoroki had been released from the hospital. The doctors had claimed that Shoto should've gone home days or maybe even a week or so ago. Part of the healing process is a mental will, one to overcome defeat and rise from the ashes like a phoenix. It was Shoto's mourning that kept him from healing. How he mourned the loss of his girlfriend, how he couldn't save her, if she's even okay now. Does she blame everything on him? If he does manage to bring (Y/n) home, will she forgive him? He can't help but wish with every fiber of his being to swap places with her. At least then, (Y/n) would be safe and sound.

It took much dodging to get away from his classmates upon returning to the dorms. They somehow knew about his house fire and wouldn't leave him alone. If anything, Shoto just wants to sleep off the rest of the day and check his phone to see if Dabi's made any progress. Shoto asked Midoriya to take his phone away the last time he visited, which was a few days ago when everyone initially thought Shoto would be released from the hospital. He didn't wanna be bothered by texts and all, but he needs to know if Dabi was okay. Is (Y/n) okay? The teen entered his room, phone sitting upon its charging station as promised. Check the phone, gatta check the phone, Shoto kept telling himself yet all he could do was sit upon his bed lost in thought. Like in videogames, you'll purposefully avoid a certain location or task to prevent a story from going forward as to explore your options or much more. This was that exact problem. Shoto knows that the second he turns on that phone, all hell will break loose, he just knows it.

Although now holding the device, his eyes were transfixed upon the phone trapped within his grip. The other hand held his shirt slightly, all to reveal his stomach as his fingers fiddled with the staples that kept the skin of his stomach intact. A grim reminder of when... (Y/n) was taken and Dabi... He left him for dead with an empty promise. "Quit dwelling on the past," Shoto released a stressed breath. His hand squeezed the phone just right, bringing the screen to life. A series of messages descended upon the phone's screen. Every classmate had texted him at least once or twice wanting to see if he was okay and when he'd be back at the dorms. Shoto ignored all of them, all of them except Touya's.

You alive?

-Touya, two weeks ago.

Shoto didn't respond then. He was hospitalized and remained dejected at the time of arrival.

The next text was a picture of (Y/n) who was sleeping in a patient's bed in an unknown location. It was a secret testing facility, but Shoto didn't know that. Dabi had texted him: My leader sent me and her to get some testing done. She's okay for now. Tired, but alive. You need to answer me. She's still crying thinking I killed you. I know I didn't. I only did what I did to protect you.

Shoto actually didn't know that Dabi hurt him for protection. All he recalls from that day is Dabi claiming he'll bring (Y/n) home. The text actually... Brought Shoto to tears. I'm out of the hospital, Shoto texted today. I need to know if she's still okay. And he's been eagerly awaiting a reply ever since.

Ping!

Shoto literally jumped at the tone as a photo message was loading into the chat. Then Poof! A picture. More tears fled Shoto's eyes as he saw his beloved (Y/n) lying upon the ground as if she had kissed death. He's never seen her so battered, so worn. I'm calling, Was all Dabi texted and mere seconds later, Shoto's phone lit up like a Christmas tree.

Shoto pressed his phone to his ear and awaited a sound. Anything. "I'll make this quick," Dabi finally responded in what was an annoyed whisper. He's well aware that the room he's in is only video monitored, not audio, but he knows better than to speak too loudly and blow his cover. "We're getting her out. Soon. She's on her deathbed. I need you and Shun to help. I can't tell if the Doctor here is retarded or dense as fuck but he's close to figuring out that (Y/n)'s already awakened her quirk and once he figures that out, she's as good as dead. Shigaraki plans to make her a member of the League as long as she cooperates, if not, she'll end up like-"

Shoto blinked rapidly. Awakened quirks? Doctors? "I don't understand..."

"Nomus," Dabi finished his sentence from before. "Once her family's dead, Shigaraki made his point clear that he wants (Y/n)'s quirk awakened before she's made into a Nomu. That, or she joins the League willingly. He originally didn't plan on making her into a Nomu, but he didn't expect her to rebel as badly as she is. He's giving her a second chance now that he has some 'motivation' for her. To be honest, she has some major balls. Her and Shun don't fall far from the tree."

"Awakened quirks?" Shoto asked again but the grim news from the previous text still was astonishing to say the least. "Wait... Motivation? Are you telling me that (Y/n) actually swapped sides? She'd never do that..." One thing for sure was that Shoto's seen the good and the ugly from (Y/n). He can admit, he wouldn't be surprised if (Y/n) were to, at one point or another, kill someone. It wouldn't be for pleasure or for no reason at all. He can most definitely imagine (Y/n) killing a villain if the situation called for it but that's the worst thing he can imagine from her. She'd never go bad, unless the League of Villains did something to change her mind...

"She's like a puppet on strings right now. They can control her quirk through a remote. The awakening thing... Her quirk has already awakened you dumbass!!! It means the quirk reached its max potential. It's how she was able to freeze herself in time and why she's nearly freezing to death all the time. Her body can't handle it. I didn't figure it out until recently and that means the Doctor will too. We're busting her out now!"

That was a lot to take in... "Okay I get it..."

"You're slow as fuck..."

"I know," he sighed. Everyone says that. "How are we getting her out? I don't even know where you're at. Shun can't be going into public anymore either... That's the point of him changing his name right? So that the League continues to believe he's dead?"

An aggravated groan came from Dabi's being. The entire plan revolved around that bionic ice cube. "Got any better ideas?"

"I didn't even hear yours." Point made.

"We're breaking her out tonight," Dabi concluded for a second time. "Shigaraki dropped by earlier because his doctor made a breakthrough or something on (Y/n). That's how I learned they can control her quirk..." Still, how can they control a quirk so quickly, so easily? "Because Shigaraki needs (Y/n) for the plan in a few days, he halted all experiments on her. The Doctor said he'll be focusing on other things until she's gone. That means tonight is the best time to break her out since she's not his main focus anymore."

"So that's why you're being so urgent..."

"Tonight..." Dabi repeated. "When the Doctor closes up for the night, I'll sneak her out and you meet up with us to take her home."

Pretty solid plan... But one thing didn't make any sense. "And why do we need Shun?"

"In case things go south and we need to fight. Just trust me when I say he can fight." Especially around Nomus. Close combat might just be the end of you. Good thing Shun's a long distance fighter.

"He's not coming along, end of story," Shoto set down his own set of rules. "We went through the trouble of hiding him and changing his name. I'll bring someone else along that won't jeopardize the plan."

"I... Need to see him..." Dabi sighed.

"You... Don't sound okay," Shoto spoke up.

"Can I... Admit something to you?"

Touya's actually opening up to me... It's all I've ever wanted from him. "I'm your brother. You can tell me anything." Upon opening his heart, Shoto lied down upon his bed and pet the leathery skin and rippled staples of his stomach some more. Although it was Dabi who caused this bodily scar, Shoto can't help but feel it connects the two of them.

"I joined the League of Villains for personal gain. They're stronger than Stain, can do much more than he can. When I joined, they wanted to rid of all heroes and that's it. Although we kidnapped people and killed unworthy heroes, In my eyes, We weren't doing anything explicitly evil since all of our actions somewhat reflected upon mine and Stain's ideals. Now... We've completely derailed. I don't approve of killing a family for financial gain when all they do is give to the world and not take. Converting people into Nomus is fucked too. (Y/n) and Shun are true heroes, and I won't stand for them to die for this greedy plan." No matter how many times Dabi rewrote the future in his mind, each possible outcome ended with one of the siblings or both of them dead.

Shoto now truly understood why Dabi had been helping him all this time. It wasn't just family love, Dabi's been at a crossroads for a long time now. "You don't see eye to eye with the group you're following anymore. Why are you still with them brother? You can do much better for this world without them."

Dabi's end remained silent. "I'll see you tonight. When I text you a location, come right away."

And the line went silent.

"Well it's good to know (Y/n)'s fine," Hide growled since he waited weeks to learn of his Sister's whereabouts. There really wasn't anything he could've done. Midoriya and Shoto kept insisting that Touya had the problem taken care of and that eventually she'd come back in one piece. While Hide doesn't doubt Touya in the slightest, this was the League of Villains. The same organization that broke villains out of prison with ease, burnt down an entire mountainside in hopes to kill as well as kidnap promising young heroes, brought All Might to retirement, has a UA traitor AND somehow managed to infiltrate the heroes raid in order to take down the biggest drug cartel AND mob boss in Japan with ease and all for personal gain alone. Hide feared that (Y/n) and Touya were within an inch of their lives, maybe even dead for the better part of a few weeks. Well... At least now Hide knows for a fact they're both alright but most importantly alive. They mean the entire world to him.

Midoriya sat forward on the couch with a deep hum. He too was thrilled that (Y/n) was safe, but with the news that she's coming home tonight, Midoriya figured outside help was a necessity. "If you're telling us this... I'm assuming that you and your brother are saving her tonight then?" Shoto nods as to confirm the boy's curiosities. "I'm not gonna let you go alone then."

Hide cocked his head. "Okay, I knew that you're aware that Dabi was a villain... But you knew that Shoto and Dabi are brothers?"

"I've known for a while..." More like it was a game of connect the dots. Almost anyone can piece together that Dabi holds more than a fair share of similarities between Shoto and Endeavor.

"It scares me how you know everything," Hide slowly turned away from Midoriya. Midoriya is the new Sherlock Holmes apparently.

Shoto heavily fought with himself and Touya's wishes. "Touya wants me to bring someone along just in case," he began. I really don't get why Touya needs to see Hide so badly... He really doesn't get that the last thing Hide should be doing is messing around with the League. I mean, I shouldn't be either, but Hide can't risk being seen. Period.

"Easy," Hide snickered. "Me and you."

Just as I feared... "You're the last person who should go."

"Wha- HUH!?" He gasped.

"This is the League. They believe you're dead and we should keep it that way," upon mentioning said fact, Hide slumped into the couch slowly as he couldn't deny Shoto's logical response. Midoriya was comforting Hide to the best of his ability. Shoto and Hide were equally as broken up about (Y/n)'s abduction and the second they can get her back the plan hits a bump in the road. No... Touya wants to see him. His plan revolves heavily around Hide. Plus... Hate to say it but they're like brothers to each other and I can't keep Touya from that. "If it makes you feel better," Shoto growled lightly. "Touya REALLY wants you there. If you seriously must go, then go."

"I haven't seen Touya in the flesh since I quit the League," Hide was speechless to say the least. I didn't really think Touya was the guy to really miss people. He hasn't been a part of his family in years yet he misses me of all people? "Yeah... Yeah I'm going. I really haven't been thinking about Touya in this plan and how risky it is. No..." He trailed off.

Midoriya couldn't part with the fact Hide was enduring a mental battle. "Is something wrong?"

As if hit with a frying pan, "He's quitting the League isn't he?" Hide asked suddenly. "This isn't just because of how us, his family, is caught up with the League's latest plan. He doesn't act like this. Either this is a suicide attempt or he's converting over. Why else has he been going above and beyond to sabotage Shigaraki's plans?"

"He... Told me about how he doesn't agree with their beliefs anymore. I even told him to come home."

Just as a thought... Why didn't he just leave the same time as I did? "And what'd he say?"

Shoto stared down at his hands. "That he deserves to burn in hell basically..."

And now it sounds like suicide again. At least I know why he's so gung ho on busting (Y/n) out tonight. "We're bringing him home too," Hide declared. "Anywhere for all I care, just not there! I don't fucking care what he has to say! Where else is he gonna go after he helps us? Shigaraki and Nyah are gonna rip him to shreds just like they did me after I quit. I-" His chest hurt. He's kept his mouth locked up about the incident. Not once leaking a word until now. So many feelings left disregarded and haunting him now. "I put everyone through so much pain when they nearly killed me. I was stupid and didn't think about the consequences. I don't want that to happen again. Shoto... Midoriya... We need to increase our numbers. We need to bring them both home."

A tear was rolling down Hide's frigid cheek. He was right. (Y/n) and Touya are coming home. One way, or another. "I'm thinking about Kirishima... Maybe Bakugou..." Shoto suggested as he's been thinking about this all day. "They'd be the most willing... And probably our best bets too."

"Why not me?" Midoriya hummed. "I'm quiet, long ranged, quick and I've fought with the League before. I'd be perfect!"

"We already assumed you were coming along," Shoto concluded and it brought a light blush to Midoriya's cheeks. "Do you approve of the plan Hide?" Shoto questioned one last time. "This is now or never. The preparations gotta be made now because once Touya gives me the go, there's no going back."

The boys turned to the purple haired wonder. "Me, you," he nodded at Shoto who hummed back. "Midoriya," the two interlocked hands. "Kirishima and Bakugou. We'll bring Touya and (Y/n) home, put a fork in the League's plans and keep them from killing my family too."

It took much persuasion, but the trio managed to talk Bakugou and Kirishima into the rescue mission. Actually, Bakugou needed persuasion, not Kirishima. Kirishima was on board since the get go. Hide and Shoto just couldn't wrap their heads around why Bakugou was being so adamant about not helping (Y/n) out. Part of it made sense actually, like how Bakugou WAS on board with saving (Y/n), since he's a hero and she's in his exact situation from way back when, but immediately backed out upon hearing Dabi's name. Kirishima told them to check back in later asking for everything to stay between the bunch of them. Apparently, it came as much of a surprise once Kirishima mentioned that Bakugou has horrible PTSD from when he was kidnapped more than half a year ago. What made everything even worse was that it wasn't until Dabi was mentioned that he realized Hide used to be a part of the League of Villains. Bakugou tries his absolute hardest to forget that time with them, but he faintly remembers Hide from back then. Hide didn't talk once, was referred to as Tundra, which must've been his villain name at the time, and remained disconnected from everyone. Everyone except Dabi, the man who kidnapped Bakugou then. Considering Bakugou's nature, having PTSD was the least expected.

Yet, by the time Dabi sent out the SOS text, Kirishima and Bakugou met up with the group all revved and ready to go.

-----

A ghostly blue light flickered faintly upon (Y/n)'s face and skin. It was the dead of night, and ever since Shigaraki's visit, Dabi's been adding more scars to his bodily collection all to warm (Y/n) up as best and as quickly as possible. Her shaking hands were held out towards his flames and although frostbite had surely taken its toll on the limbs, the faintest warmth brought her some final shreds of hope that maybe, just maybe, everything will be alright and that she won't need to adapt to prosthesis much like her half brother. A cold breath rattled the girl's bones as she sighed with great heaviness. Much to Dabi's intrigue, her breath no longer came out as a white mist.

"They're on their way," Dabi mentioned as he adjusted his seating upon the bed. "You think you're about ready to make a break for it?"

"If I have to fight someone... I'll be toast," (Y/n) feared.

"Ignore that," his flame faded. "Just leave that part to me."

"Thank you," she smiled faintly. "And not just for what you said, but for everything."

Dabi's head hung low, "I told you to quit thanking me."

"Why?" She shrugged. "You've done so much good, even the pros would be jealous."

"I'm no hero," Dabi's told the girl for the millionth time. "I'm only doing whatever it takes to keep my brother safe and happy, same goes for your dipshit of a brother."

"Not once have I heard you refer to them by their given names," she points out. "Is that your way of distancing yourself from them? So that, if they do leave for good, you'd have nothing to lose?"

"Shoto... Shun," Dabi bellowed although (Y/n) saw the pain in his eyes.

"Doesn't prove a thing," she pointed out. "Leave the League Dabi. Even I can tell you do-"

PING!

A quick glance at his phone, Dabi jumped from the bed. "Time to go."

(Y/n) struggled to her feet. "You never did tell me the plan."

"I got outside help," he approached the door. "She'll knock out the power any minute now. All lights, electrical, everything will be out. We can escape without anyone knowing, and no electric doors or barricades to get in our way."

"I can barely walk as it is and we're supposed to just make a break for it?!"

"I'll carry your ass don't worr-" The entire facility went silent to the eerie darkness that had swallowed it.

Despite everything that's happened to (Y/n) since coming here, the darkness was the most unsettling. She held out her own hand as to hold onto Dabi and feared even heavier than before as she couldn't even see it. "Dabi?" She breathed.

Blue light flooded the room and it came from the pit of Dabi's scarred hand. "C'mon," he motioned with a nod of his head. The room went dark again. (Y/n) yelped as Dabi picked her up by her back and knees. "I'll make this quick."

At this point, (Y/n) just sort of let everything take its course. She thought, 'how could Dabi see in the dark?' Well, to answer that, it came as much of a surprise that he's been plotting out the many escape routes of the facility and secretly painting glow in the dark patches on the tiled floor over the last few weeks. Since the facility never sleeps, nobody can see the patches. He ran at blinding speeds until suddenly, although not much of an upgrade, the blue glow of the moon illuminated what was a cloud night sky. Oh, how long it's been since (Y/n)'s last been outside. "Where's Shoto," (Y/n) asked upon overcoming her little nostalgia high. The facility's exit had let out into a brick alleyway. It was just littered in trash, minor graffiti patched the side of a large dumpster, and a feral cat hissed within their presence. Cats... (Y/n) wondered how Africa's doing.

"I told him to meet us a corner away," Dabi's heart was in his ears. This was the very moment everything could go wrong, or everything could work in their favor for success. So, they trudged on. He would've ran but little did (Y/n) know, a busy street was nearby as the facility is hidden in plain sight. Any other villains could be nearby, Shoto too could've went to the wrong location or wasn't there yet. Anything can happen.

After a small while, Dabi had put (Y/n) down upon her feet. "We'll wait here-"

"(Y/n)!" Exclaimed Shoto, Kirishima and Midoriya.

"As excited as I am," Hide cleared his throat and wasn't maintaining any eye contact with anyone. His tone of voice drew everyone out of the reunion, as it was deep and full of the most strained disappointment. "I miss you Touya... I really do... But you've contributed to everything the League's done, like kidnapping my damned sister. I'll admit, as did I. I get that you're fixing your mistakes, but at least I didn't run away with my tail between my legs. What in the hell are you planning?"

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

7 0 1
Enji and Keigo have been seeing each other for the past two months, (after their first team up mission). He's been getting weird looks from strangers...
7M 175K 140
(Important: DO NOT REPOST, STEAL OR COPY my work, please!) Status update: DISCONTINUED since 2021 [Requests are not open anymore, sorry!] Have you ev...
1K 33 23
This is a reader x Todoroki ff Your name is Hitori Niko(You may change it to your own) ------------------------------ "Niko, please return to me.."Hi...
9.5K 619 31
When you get burned, you run the inflicted area under cold, running water. That soothes the wound and the person with it. The cold helps it heal, a...