LOVE IN MACEDONIA

By JadieteChaser

_____________________________________ Athena Margaux Palema is a book worm. She often escapes reality through... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 01
CHAPTER 02
CHAPTER 03
CHAPTER 04
CHAPTER 05
CHAPTER 07
CHAPTER 08
CHAPTER 09
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33

CHAPTER 06

535 18 1
By JadieteChaser

'Sleep tight Margaux. I promise to not screw up this time. I've already been given the chance that I've ever hoped for. I'll make the most out of it.. you'll be mine Athena Margaux, and not Alexander could stop that. I made a terrible decision once and I'm not doing it again. I promise that i would do my best to make you happy.. i love you..'

'i love you..'

'I love you..'

'I love you..'

Oh, fiddle sticks! Stop thinking about it Athena Margaux!

Ever since Heph said that, it became really awkward for me to be around with him. I often avoid him and i could tell he's clueless to what's happening.

But the thing is I'm not really doing my best with this avoiding thing. Wait, wait! Don't conclude yet. It's like.. okay here's the deal.

As i said It's awkward for me to be with someone that i know.. likes me. Adding to the point is that i really can't reciprocate his feelings, specially that it is already that deep.. but then again i can't really avoid him since Draco told me to give the man a chance and our lives would be in trouble if i avoid him too much. And ofcourse i listened.

A bit.. cause who knows what's going on better than me? That would be him.

I sighed as i skip the stone through the water.

Even I am getting myself confused...

We've been travelling for almost 3 weeks now. Gosh wherever that secret location is, it's pretty far. Thus we've been travelling with Heph's men so maybe that added with the slowness? Maybe?

They sure are disciplined since they could still keep their line even after walking for miles. Heph treated me like a princess- ofcourse or more like a queen, that's why we are resting beside this cool lagoon. I complained for bieng hot even though he made a special carriage for me to take shelter on but really I'm worried about his soldiers, they look really tired.

"You should really stop that," Drac patted my shoulder, freaking me out.

I sighed then tapped his hand on my shoulder.

"What do you mean stop? Stop what?" I asked as i move aside to give him some space to sit.

"Heph is punishing his soldiers because of you."

"Wha? What did i do now?" I asked confused. Really what?

"Well your pretty much avoiding him and you pay more attention to the soldiers than him. I overheard one of the soldiers talking that Mr. Hephaestion here almost killed that specific soldier that you preferred to talk to than him." He explained.

I face palmed then looked at the other side of the lagoon where Heph is leaning on a tree watching us darkly.

"Then what should i do?" I murmured as fix my sitting position.

"I don't know. Confront him maybe? Or flirt? I'm a guy and that is one way to ease the tension building up on us. Especially if the situation is jealousy." He whispered.

I nodded, "Drac, do you think i could reciprocate his feelings for me?"

Draco looked at me then chuckled, "Yeah, if you allow yourself. You see Mademoiselle liking someone.. it takes time. If you plan to open yourself to him, well don't push yourself too hard from the situation, Hephaestion seems to be willing to wait." He reassured.

I pursed my lips and looked down at the water.

"I'm planning to give it a chance. I just came from a relationship, it would be hard but then that greatest desire.. it seems to be pointing at love. And the only one i see around me that could be the answer is.. him." I said slowly, biting my lip hard.

"Yeah? So what would be your first move then?" He asked, i smiled at him slyly and stood up.

"Hey where are you going?" Drac asked as he watches me walk towards Heph.

"Well.. trying to figure out what my 'desidero' is! Through him," i pointed at Heph before waving at him.

Hephs eyes followed me like an eagle as his dark aura starts to fade the closer i get to him, it's quite uncomfortable but I'll manage.

"Hey!" Drac catched up. I turned around and looked at him confusedly.

"What?" I frowned.

"Nothing, I'll just say goodluck." He winked and then went the other direction.

I pouted and looked at Heph who is now walking towards me.

"Hey," i gave him a sweet smile.

He just nodded and bent down same level as me.

"You've been avoiding me these past few weeks. What did i do Margaux?" He asked in his deep hoarse voice. For the first time since we met, my heart started to race, I'm lost of words.

What's happening self? Don't do this to me. Atleast not now.

"I- uh.. i," i stammered underneath him.

"I what?" He frowned before standing up straight.

I laughed awkwardly. "I'm sorry, i was just.. shy? Shy to talk to you?"

He looked at me suspiciously before sighing out loud. "And i thought you could do better than that." He whispered before walking away.

Oh my.. what did i do!? Was it that lame. Urgh.

"H-hey! Heph!" I shouted and run to catch up.

He just ignored my presence and walked faster.

"Hey! Come on Heph, h-hey!" I shouted the pulled his arms to stop.

"What?" He irritatedly asked.

"Well.. uh.. okay fine. I'm sorry okay? It's just that i.." frick! How could i say that i heard that 'i love you' without stammering!? This is impossible!

"Yes?" He impatiently asked. I remained silent for a couple of minutes before he decided to leave me alone.

"Heph!" I groaned. I tried pulling his arms again but this time he didn't spare me a glance and continued walking away.

"What do i do? What do i do?" I frustratedly asked as i watch Heph's descending back.

"Well wasn't that a show?" Drac popped behind my back.

"Oh! Ahh!" I shouted and kicked his legs.

"Aw!" He hissed loudly as he raises his other foot up from the ground. I must have kicked him hard.

"I'm sorry, oh! That's bad," i awkwardly smiled as i watch him wince in pain.

"You think?" He sarcastically asked making me frown.

"Look it's not my fault if you decided to joke around when I'm frustrated." I stomped and crossed my arms.

He glared at me, "So now it's my fault!?" He asked unbelievably.

I sighed then helped him walk towards the nearest stone.

"I swear if this is going to swell I'm not helping you at anything!" He swore.

I grimaced in his statement and rest my cheek in between my palms.

"Drac, i want to make up for Heph but i don't know how. I definitely cannot buy anything since we're not in the present world. I've ran out of ideas." I complained.

"Did you try saying sorry?"

"I did but he is demanding an explanation! I can't just tell him that i heard... that.. that thing!" I shouted out of frustration.

"Man! You women make things complicated." He whispered.

I glared at him and slapped his aching feet.

"Aww! What did you do that for!?" He groaned.

"You're not helping! Suggest something or use your magic to create a gift.. something! or just anything." I bit my lip as i look at Heph from the far end alone with his horse.

"Sorry your on your own here." He said before puffing out from the smoke.

"Wha? This is unfair!" I shouted. All of the near soldiers look at me disturbingly.

"Oh i uh.. i gotta go!" I shouted then ran towards Heph's direction.

"Oh I'm killing you later Draco Waybook." I gritted in between my teeth as i approach Heph.

"Do you need anything?" Heph asked. His eyes were blank. I gulped a couple of times to calm myself.

I slowly walked near him and tried to sit on his lap.

I sighed in relief when he wrapped his arms around me. Yes! Wohoo success! I honestly thought he would move or push me away. That would be embarrassing.

"So what do you need." He asked again. Our faces are so close to each other.

My heart is beating so fast that i couldn't find myself to breathe normally.

"Are you sick?" Heph asked as he holds me closer and bring his hands on my forehead.

"Uhmm.." i cleared my throat as i held Heph's caressing hand in between my palms.

His hand is big and rough. But strangely i like the feeling of it.

"I'm not sick. I just came to say.. sorry. I can't tell you the reason since it's quite a lame reasoning and it's a total embarrassment but i hope you could forgive me? I promise i won't do the same mistake again." I raised my hands to prove my word.

He chuckled and catched my hands before intertwining it with his.

I gave him a soft smile. I leaned closer for a hug. This feels nice. Heph caressed my hair making the position the most comfortable thing ever.

I remember closing my eyes for a little rest when i felt him standing up with me in his arms.

"Wha? What happened?" I yawned.

"It's time to go. Continue your sleep I'll just put you in that carriage." He whispered.

I was about to agree when i remembered that i still have to make up from what i did.

"You know what? I'm okay, can i just ride with you in your horse?" I asked. He smiled widely in response. Looks like he liked the idea.

He stopped and walked on the opposite direction where his horse is resting, directly drinking water from the lagoon.

When did that horse go there? How long was i asleep?

"Thank you." Heph whispered.

"Thank you for what?" I asked.

He just shook his head and put me on his horse.

Only then i realised that he had been carrying me the whole time and all the other soldiers including Draco are smiling as they watch us interact.

Omo! PDA! I'm so sorry.

If the earth could just swallow me wholly. It's embarrassing!

"Hey what's wrong?" Heph asked as he unties the horse and walked towards the front of all soldiers.

"I'm shy.. they saw me.. with you.. carrying? oh you know." I pouted.

"Your cute." He just commented.

After sitting in front of me, He gave a hand signal to his soldiers to start the walk.

Another boring journey i see, wait! I could be a tease for a moment. I smirked.

I hugged lower on the waist and pressed my breasts in his back.

What? Drac said flirt.. right? And it would be another boring travel so I'll just make it entertaining for the both of us.

For three days straight, whenever we travel i always try to be touchy to Heph which to my disappointment acts like he couldn't feel anything and continue the walk.

I do know that he could feel it since he sometimes flinch under my touch but why does he let me?

Maybe because Heph seems to be worried and always say that we are so much behind of time. And we almost never stop for a break or sleep the reason why we never got to talk that much. I don't want to start the talk too, he looks so busy but if thier is one thing that i like about him is that he never left my side. He made sure that I'm okay and thier is no day that i felt uneasy.

Until now. My body is aching and had became stiff throughout the whole journey.

I pouted and let go of his waist and held on the handle on the back. I need to stretch my joints.

I sighed in relief as i did some stretching, my joints made a sound because of that.

"Stop that." Heph suddenly spoke.

I stopped stretching and looked at his back confusedly, "I'm just stretching."

"Sure you are." He scoffed and ran the horse a little faster.

"H-hey! What's wrong with you!?" I asked as i hug his waist again.

"Much better." He whispered. My cheeks started to turn red realizing the situation.

I pouted when i felt him purposely walking on the bumpy road just to make me hold on tighter.

"Heph please just tell me if you want something. I'm not a mindreader and i can't totally get what your doing. I might have a clue but then.. just tell me." I shouted and kicked his leg.

It was an unsuccessful stunt but then i mananged to hit him so it's alright.

"You want me to be straightforward?" He asked as he made the horse take a slower pace.

"Mm-hmm," i hummed resting my chin on his shoulders.

"Do what you did the whole ride." He whispered.

"Do what?"

"Do what you did the whole ride." He repeated.

"Yeah i get that but what exactly do you want me to do? I did alot of things the whole ride. I ate, i slept on your back, i talked to Draco, i stretched just a moment ago. Which one of those?"

"The one where your using your body to tease me." He said bluntly.

A gasped and hit his shoulders. "You're aware!? How could ylu be that blunt!?" I hissed, and all this time i tought that I'm not making any progress!?

I did my best to show him skin and make seductive moans but he acted like it was nothing. How come?

"Why didn't you say a thing!?" I yelled at him.

"If i say a thing you would stop. I pretty much enjoyed your flirty advantages specially that you never let go of me even when your eating or talking to Draco to ease your boredom." He laughed.

"Hmph!" I groaned and moved back a little.

"Hi-yah!" He shouted and kicked the horse to run faster than the usual making me hold on tight to him.

"Okay fine, fine. Now slow down!" I shouted.

He did slow down.. a bit.

"Hey!" I complained.

"That's not how you did it the whole ride my love." He chuckled.

I stilled. My love?

"Sorry i shouldn't.." Heph apologized.

I'm gonna make this work.

"It's okay." I smiled then hugged him tightly while i rest my head on his shoulders.

"Are you sure?" He asked suspiciously.

"Mmm, yeah.." i whispered.

Spell Awkward.

I sighed in relief when he decided to let go the topic and not force me to do what i did the whole ride.

After an eerie of silence i had enough.

"Heph could we switch?" I asked.

"Switch?"

"Yeah like I'm there in front? You'll still be the one holding on that rope-thingy. I just want to have a try. It looks cool and it could help me ease my boredom." I explained.

"Very well." He said then moved the horse on the side.

The soldiers kept moving with Draco while Heph assists me forward to the front of the horse.

"This totally looks awesome." I exclaimed then held the rope Heph gave me.

I waited for Heph to climb back on the horse before we start catching up with the soldiers on the first line.

"Okay, how do we do this?" I asked as i roll the rope around my palms.

"Well we move." Heph teased then held both of my hands delicately.

"Hi-yah!" He shouted as he kicked the horse.

"Could you teach me how to ride the horse?" I asked excitedly.

"Sure, but not now. We are far behind the schedule and i don't want him finding out about you. I can't, i just can't." He whispered. There was fear and possessiveness evident on his voice.

"Hey what are you talking about? Are you talking about Alexander? Or some other dude?" I tilted my head sideways to look at him.

He gave me a soft smile before looking at the front.

"Okay eyes on the road." I whispered.

Weird.

______________________________________________________________________

"Do this to keep it straight and this to.." Heph explained the basics so that he doesn't have to hold on the rope all the time.

I wanted to be some help and this is the only way i could see to be atleast a bit useful.

"I think I'm getting the hang of it." I excitedly squealed and looked at him.

He smiled at me then slowly took off his grip from my hands. I admit I'm kind of disappointed since i love the feeling of his hands on mine but i have to learn.

"See i could do it." I cheered.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my closer in between his thighs.

Woo now i know what that feels. I bit my lip in response but i didn't mind slapping his arms off, i might loose my opportunity to learn how to ride a horse and i bet it's a payback time.

Karma.. why do you have to be real?

I cleared my troat and leaned on Heph. He sat up straight to make me comfortable loosing grip from my waist. I know he'd do that, he'd always been a gentleman. I smirked.

"So Heph how much longer till we arrive in there?" I asked.

"That would take a couple of days. We're near, don't worry. Why are you bored?" He asked.

I shook my head and looked at the road. After a minute Heph suddenly pulled me closer to him as he purposely grinds his hips unto mine following the rhythm of the horse.

I pursed my lips and held the rope tighter. I'm starting to get wet by this and i want it to stop, I'm just eighteen and it's not good.

I sighed in relief when he held the rope with his other hand and stopped grinding. He ordered his men to continue to walk and stepped aside to give some space.

"Why? What's happening?" I asked confusedly.

He just smiled at me and pulled me closer with his other arm.

"Draco!"

"Yes?" Draco appeared from the crowd then slowly walked on our side with his horse, confused.

"Why? What's happening?" He asked too.

"I'm actually questioning the same thing. What Is Happening?" I asked at Heph.

"Draco please take your sister with you i have a situation here and it's getting hard." He said.

Draco made an 'I understand' look then looked at me slyly.

I furrowed my brows at him as i move to Draco's horse.

"Are you alright Heph?" I am worried but he just smiled reassuringly.

"I'm fine Margaux, go I'll just do something important." He said before turning around into the bushes.

"Did you see that? Draco what's wrong?" I asked.

Draco laughed at my question. "It's a guy's thing you probably won't understand. Don't worry he's fine, let me entertain you, for now." He teased.

I rolled my eyes and took a last glace at the bushes before looking forward.

I hope he really is doing fine..

______________________________________________

.
.
.
.
Up next: Chapter 07; Ambush

A/N

'Been Editing☕'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395 2 13
Harry Potter had a problem, Voldermort was back and more powerful than ever, even worse, nobody in the wizarding world believed him, except for a few...
983 8 45
Raynar has always had two agenda: To fulfill his duty as a guardian and to avenge his mother's death. His father made sure he is trained well, which...
376 94 46
Alexander was the type of guy that every girl wanted. He was tall, dark, and handsome, with piercing green eyes that could make any girl swoon. He ha...
929 91 22
"Our entire lives led us to this moment, only for us to lose in the end. We aren't a team, a family, we never were. We are just a bunch of puzzle pie...