Anthony's Diamond (Anthony Br...

By SunglassQueenB

Following the first season of Netflix's series Bridgerton; Viscount Anthony Bridgerton has vowed to marry... More

1. The Diamond Veronica
2. Viscount Bridgerton
3. Dancing
4. The Dress Shop
5. The Bridgerton Estate
6. Panic
7. A Diagnosis
8. An Old Friend
9. Conversations
10. Unbelievable
11. The Sun and the Moon
12. The Callers are Waiting
13. Confusingly Beautiful Arguments
14. With Every High there Must be a Low
15. Conversations and Chaperones
16. Lunch at the Bridgerton Estate
17. Conflicted Feelings
18. A New Point of View
19. Red
21. A Promise
22. A New Proposition
23. Night Terrors
24. Painting the Morning Sun
25. Just Let Me Hold You Now
26. I Believe I am in Love With You
27. Heartbreaking News
28. A Different Type of Party
29. An Unimaginable Life
30. I Choose Red
31. All I See Is Red
32. And With That He Is Gone
33. A Proper Proposal
34. The Devil's Seal
35. The World Turned Upside Down
36. Wedding Planning
37. The Big Day
38. The Ceremony

20. One of My Favorite Places

5.7K 126 0
By SunglassQueenB

  After taking way too long to pick out all 10 individual fabric samples Madame Delacroix helped us decide on what styles to go with. All of the dresses should theoretically be beautiful and I have found myself to be most excited for the emerald one I originally picked out along with the deep red one. Anna was right, I have never seen fabric such as this, it should make a statement it almost feels scandalous and unorthodox.

"Miss Kingston if you would allow me to take your measurements you will be off in minutes flat," Madame Delacroix explains while reaching for her measuring supplies.

"Of course," I simply reply before listening to her measurement instructions.

While getting fitted for my new dresses I could help but hear the creak of the front door along with the bell and the familiar voices of Eloise and Violet Bridgerton.

"One moment please!" Madame cheers before doing some quick last measurements, "Miss Kingston you are good to go," She politely smiles before dismissing herself to go help her next customer.

Anna and I quickly follow her to the front of the shop where Eloise and I collide.

"Veronica, I wasn't expecting to see you here," Eloise starts.

"I could say the same about you Eloise," I hiccup, "Yet I am glad we have had the opportunity to meet. I feel as though we left things on a sour note the last time we spoke,"

"Did we?" Eloise replies, "I don't know where you got this assumption from? Is it something I did?"

"It just seemed to be as though you were ignoring me at the ball yesterday. Every time I tried to greet you or even looked in your direction you seemed to opt to toning me out,"

"That was not my intention Veronica,"

"Then what was? I thought we were friends? I may just be over dramatic or emotional but I will admit after our lengthy conversation at lunch our attention at the ball hurt,"

"We are friends Veronica. Like I said yesterday you are one of the best things to ever happen to me. I am honored to be able to call an intellectual like yourself my friend,"

"Then why did you seem so to yourself last night?"

"Veronica you are being ridiculous, you know how much I hate balls. I will do anything I can to stay out of the attention, you were doing the exact opposite. Maybe we aren't meant to speak in every social situation," Eloise continues, "Maybe we could walk through the Ton together. Mother is just here to drop off a request so there is no better time than now to speak,"

"Let me ask my sister in law," I reply before turning away to ask Anna who had been graciously waiting at a distance. To what I cannot tell is to my pleasure or to my dismay she agrees. Eloise brings one of her servants as a chaperone and I simply bring myself as we run off into the Ton.

"I know I said I could walk around with you but to be truthful I do not have the most time," I explain as we step into one of the local farmers markets that is weekly set up downtown.

"That's alright, we don't need much time to talk," Eloise replies.

"I'm sorry if I came off as hurt or defensive. I'm just confused and overwhelmed by life," I explain.

"I am sorry if I came off as possessive or controlling. I truly didn't mean anything malicious by ignoring you last night it was just habit. I guess I was scared of Anthony noticing you, although it didn't work the best as I noticed his eyes locked on you several times throughout the night,"

"It's ok, friends are allowed to have indifferences sometimes," I start not really knowing how to process her statement. Anthony was staring at me throughout the night? In a longing way possibly? Finally having the ability to speak I propose Eloise with another question, "And forgive me for asking but what would be so wrong if Anthony and I were to be together,"

"Did you not understand anything we spoke about at lunch yesterday afternoon? Veronica you are too good for my brother, he would just steal and exploit you. Plus his heart belongs with someone else, you don't deserve the type of trauma that would result from a relationship with my brother,"

"I... I suppose," I weakly reply feeling defeated.

"As much as I hate to talk about it have you had any suitors that you see potential in?"

"No, not really," I reply somberly, "And I assume that you haven't even tried to find a suitor,"

"You are correct. I have been forced to dance once or twice but last night Daphne was able to steal all of my attention thankfully. I am planning on sticking my act out through the whole season. Like you know marriage isn't for me, I am not going to play pretend longer than I have to,"

"It must be a privilege to think that way," I whisper in reply, "Now I really must hurry home now,"

"Veronica I could walk you home, you are on my way-"

"No it's quite alright, I am also starting to feel slightly ill. I really just want to be alone,"

"But you don't have a chaperone, anyone to walk with you, it could be dangerous-" Eloise continues to persist.

"Truly I will be fine. Thank you for caring so much though. I will see you at tonight ball, I am sure we will actually make time to say hello tonight," I reply before forcefully whisking myself into the crowd.

One in the swarm of afternoon shoppers I find myself lost in my own mind, somewhere I have been finding myself more and more often lately. Trying to ignore any intrusive thoughts I decided that once I get home I shall study one of my old medicine journals that I took from my studies. Looking back at the diagnosis and anatomical pages always used to cheer me up, maybe this could be my minds remedy. I would even be killing two birds with one stone, clearing my mind of the petty subject such as boys and bribing in solutions to my mothers condition.

"Why excuse you!" A thrillingly familiar voice growls as my mind returns from the place it mindlessly traveled to. This all as I recover from crashing into a muscular chest and forearm.

"I am so sorry," I begin collecting myself before looking up at the face that is facing back down at me, "Viscount Bridgerton... I didn't think we would meet like this again," I explain almost laughing under my breath considering the fact that we first met in the exact same way.

"Miss Kingston, I wasn't expecting to meet you again like this either," He claims, his voice now less annoyed and more gentle, "You my darling need to learn how to read your surroundings,"

"As strange as it sound you are the only man I have crashed into, maybe it is you that needs to watch your surroundings," I tease Anthony in reply.

"Awe yes, the man who was standing perfectly still needs to watch where he is going in the chance that a pretty young woman as yourself will be crashing into him," He repeats making fun of my far fetched conclusion.

"I guess it does sound a bit ridiculous doesn't it..."

"Just a little," Anthony smirks in reply before a change of expression waves over him, "Are you alone Miss Kingston?"

"Yes, I was making my way back from the dress shop. I was chatting with my friend for quite some ways but as the city goes we had to split directions,"

"So a maiden such as yourself is trusted to walk home alone? That doesn't sound too appropriate now does it?"

"I don't see too much harm in the situation, what's wrong with a woman independently using her feet?"

"It could be dangerous, scandalous..." He speaks drawing out the s in scandalous as it drips off of his tongue so handsomely.

"What is your point my lord?" I gulp in reply.

"Maybe you could use some company on your walk home," Anthony proposes.

"But wouldn't it be more scandalous for us to walk home together than it would be for me to walk home alone?"

"Not if we weren't seen," Anthony smirks, "I know a shortcut to your street, hardly anyone would be around, nobody would care to pay enough attention to us anyhow,"

"Fine," I oblige excited by his offer, "As long as you promise to do me a favor in the future,"

"How could I deny a woman such as your self company on a walk home?" Anthony simply replies dodging answering my request directly.

  "Well then let's walk shall we? Show me the way to the shortcut," I smile and for a second our hands brush against each other, if it weren't for the crowds of people I am positive they would be interlocked.

  "We shall," Anthony replies before leaving to lead the way. 

  After a giggle filled attempt to invisibly escape from the Ton's eye we finally reach one of the backroads behind the city's main hustle and bustle. After walking for a while longer we reach a part of the city I have never seen, I can't say that this is a shortcut but an adventure.

  "It seems you have been on this route a lot my lord at lease I sure hope," I describe taking in the flora of the trees and flowers surrounding us, "Although I can say that taking the traditional way home would have shortened our commute by quite a bit,"

  "That takes the fun out of all of this doesn't it. Anyhow I thought I would take you to one of my favorite places. You have seemed tense, ever since before the lunch party. I figure that the views you will endure here will work kindly to free your mind,"

  "So what is this place you talk so highly of?"

  "It's a forested area with a beautiful small lake, I discovered it while riding as a boy. It's not too far off of the backroads, but it is solitude enough,"

  "How wonderful," I smile as the scene shifts into view.

  "And there it is," Anthony cheers, "Shall we race?"

  "You want to race? How would that be fair? I am wearing heels and a dress. You are in pants and proper shoes that are immensely easier to run in-"

  "Well then we must take off our shoes," Anthony chuckles already pulling his off.

  "You can't be serious. Just being alone with you would ruin me if anyone saw, being found shoeless with you would absolutely destroy me,"

  "Nobody ever comes back here, plus maybe people wouldn't recognize you if you were shoeless. You are quite a proper woman," Anthony teases.

  "Fine..." I reply after a long period of hesitation, "But I don't know if I can keep up my proper mask after enough endeavors such as this,"

  "To keep some propriety I will even give you a head start. I mean I must consider your dress-"

  "A head start? Why would that be necessary?" I tease before tearing off my shoes, "If I am doing this I am going all in, no favors needed. Now...Ready, go!" I squeal without much warning setting of an eruption of laughter to explode from the two of us, "For the amount of confidence you hold my lord, I sure thought you would be quicker!" I tease once more acknowledging the fact that I am at least 5 steps ahead of him.

  "Why you are a brag aren't you," Anthony growls speeding up and tackling me to a stop as we reach the lake. And like in any romance novel I would have read at the start of my teen years we tumble to the ground and I find myself quite literally trapped under the one and only Anthony Bridgerton, forged together underneath a canopy of greenery and serenity.

  With deep breaths and high tension our eyes lock and there is nothing in the world that could tear them apart. By staring at each other in such a vulnerable state the synchronicity of our hearts and affection of our breath begins to be the only sounds noticeable by ear.

  "Veronica..." Anthony starts obviously battling himself internally.

  "Yes?" I stutter not knowing how to handle the hot breath towering over me and the butterflies fluttering about in my stomach. The want to kiss him... the want to have his lips on mine like they were just a few moons ago is almost unbearable.

  Slowly leaning up to maybe embrace him he backs away.

  "Did I do something wrong?" I ask shyly, embarrassed by my extremely immature and unladylike manners, "Of course I did... I mean just look at me, what am I even-"

  "No Veronica, you didn't do anything wrong. If anyone should be painted a criminal it is I," Anthony responds after picking himself up from over me, "I was the one who brought you here, I was the one who tricked you here, without a chaperone for that matter. I don't know what is wrong with me, whenever I am around you I can't help buy be carefree and dishonoring, it's something about our nature that I cannot ignore. Because of this I owe you the largest apology imaginable,"

  "Yes some may see your actions as reckless and our relationship as scandalous but I see it as something beautiful. I can't help but feel limitless around you as well, as long as we are in secret I don't see the harm in our friendship. I have found a friend in you Anthony Bridgerton. I don't have many friends and when I am around you I automatically feel happy. So yes maybe our actions are reckless but if nobody shall see why does it matter?"

  "Miss Kingston, it matters because I have respect for you. I cannot call you my friend and then take my liberties on you. I would become and dishonorable man to touch you in the ways I dream of. Thus I couldn't imagine harming your reputation in anyway, even if it's behind closed doors," He sighs before dragging a hand across his face in a sign of disappointment in himself or stress.

  "Lord Bridgerton, do you have a best friend?" I ask after a minute, trying my hardest to cleanse the air.

  "I've had some in the past yes, the Duke of Hastings and I have been very close for example. Why do you ask?"

  "Because I don't have many friends and I feel as though you may feel the same as I? If you refuse to act in any romantic way in relations with me, why not see me as a close friend?"

  "Veronica, still this isn't solving any problems. Simply being physically together is so immature and damaging..."

  "Then why did you bring me here? Why did you take me to your safe space? I would like to believe it is because you care about me... because I care about you,"

  "I do care about you Veronica-"

  "Then why are you acting so stubborn? You and Eloise both get this way when things get uncomfortable, and what's the reason?" I whine frustrated by his ways.

  "Veronica, I care about you so much it pains me!" Anthony yells before placing his hand on my cheek, surprising and confusing me, "The fact that I can't hold you in my arms right now hurts me more than anything in this world-"

   "What?" I interrupt putting my hand over his, trying to ease his words, maybe in order to understand or process them more.

"Why do you think my family was so eager to talk about us at the lunch party? I mean Eloise definitely did not tell them of our chemistry. Why do you think I spared a dance for you a few balls ago? Why do think I was staring at you all last night, longing for a conversation? Why do you think I gave you space when all I wanted to do was dance and be with you?" He exclaims with greater pain and desperation in each message.

"Anthony stop," I demand taking my time to look at his helpless and lustful expression, taking time to process the words he is displaying as if I am floating in a dream, "Why do you think I allowed you to kiss me in the gardens the other night..." I whisper before letting my emotions take full control.

  Just as the tension is at its peak our lips meet once again, this time more passionately than the other night, this time with more emotion and meaning. I couldn't help myself from crawling on top of Anthony now, letting my body and emotions do the work for me. I've never had practice in kissing but with Anthony there seems to be no need, our lips and body movements collide so synchronized in a way that I believe only happens with soulmates.

__________________________________
Hi! Thank you guys for sticking around! I appreciate you all so much and I am so glad that I there is interest in my story telling, it make my heart so warm. I also am happy to share this extra long chapter with all of you guys! With the best regards remember to vote and comment!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

953K 27.1K 56
It is said that second-born sons have all the fun. This much is certainly true for Benedict Bridgerton, free from the burdens held by his eldest brot...
328K 8.6K 55
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
761K 17.4K 35
Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal, is a beacon of regality, yet beneath her crown lies a woman determined to defy the conventional expectations o...
53.2K 1.5K 38
High Society has once again returned in Governor's Square! Trust isn't built so well after so many secrets and scandals. Between lies, cheating, mis...