Let Me In || Jungwon

By bluexpoem

The youngest son of of one of the richest families in Korea meets the housekeeper's quirky daughter. Will she... More

1 - Let Me In Your Kingdom
3 - The School
4 - Troublemaker
5 - Suspicious
6 - Curry Anyone?
7 - Eyes on You
8 - My Heart Is All Weird
9 - Unforgiven
10 - Melting The Ice
11 - Heart is For Sale
12 - What Are We?
13 - Liar Liar Pants On Fire
14 - The Truth Untold
15 - Some
16 - Pucker Up
17 - Enough
18 - The Existence of You to Me
19 - Let Me In Your Heart
20 - Love Language
21 - Enemies Forever
22 - I'll protect you
23 - Sweet & Sour
24 - You're My Warmth
25 - Hello Ghost?!
26 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
27 - Blue
28 - My Biggest Supporter
29 - Moving On
30 - Meet Him Among Them
31 - Scouted
32 - Through the Night
33 - You, Me, Us
34 - Together Always...?
35 - Still With You
Will there be a sequel??
The Sequel Is Out!!

2 - Rich Girl

7.8K 368 367
By bluexpoem

- Sunni PoV -

"I can't believe you scored the highest on our exams three times in a row," Yuni compliments as we walk up the stairs to my apartment.

I brush off the imaginary dust off my shoulders, "No biggie."

Recently we just got our test results back from our summer exam season. We won't have another one till winter, so now it's the time to live it up! I can't wait for fall festivities.

Me and Yuni usually have Halloween duo costumes. The best, if I do say so myself. We always win the costume contests at parties and I do also have to say we always kill it on the dance floor for dance contests too. We're practically unstoppable.

"What are you thinking for our costumes this year?" Yuni asks me.

"Hm, last year we were SpongeBob and Patrick so maybe this year.." I pause as I have a hard time turning the key to my apartment.

I push the door using my body to finally get it open.

I'm welcomed home to many cardboard boxes with labels like "kitchen," and "living room." Our tiny one bedroom apartment is practically empty. What is going on? Did we have enough for the bills this month?

My jaw is completely dropped and I'm actually frozen.

"What's up with your face?" Asks Yuni before entering my apartment. Her jaw drops also.

"Meow~" my cat greets as he moves around my leg.

"Toto, can you tell me why all our stuff is packed up?" I ask as if he'll actually give me an answer.

"Yo, you didn't tell me you were moving," Yuni says still as shocked as I am.

"I didn't get the 411 myself," I say finally walking more into my apartment. Should I even call it "my" apartment now seeing that I look like I'm getting kicked out.

"Oh! You're home!" Mom says popping up behind the kitchen counter.

"Mom, what's going on?" I ask.

"Oh, we're moving out," she replies nonchalantly.

"What?!" Me and Yuni shout at the same time.

My mom then looks at me up and down, "How many times do I have to tell you to be careful with your skirt?" She doesn't raise her voice or anything which makes me feel kind of concerned.

I must be actually dreaming. You know what, lets look on the bright side. What if we're finally upgrading. Two bedroom apartment, maybe?

"Where? And why didn't you talk with me about it?" I question her.

Me and mom are a team. Even if we're finally upgrading and moving out of this ratchet apartment, she could've at least told me. This has been my home my whole life after all.

My mom looks over at Yuni, "Yuni, I think your mom needed help at the bakery." Basically, Yuni's cue to leave.

"Gotcha," Yuni says then throws up a peace sign before exiting our apartment.

"Basically, I have two jobs now," My mom says.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Mom, you work so much already how will you be able to handle it?"

"I'm not only the housekeeper for the Yang's, but Mrs. Yang's assistant also," Mom finishes saying.

"What?!" I shout. 

The audacity of this family. Working my mom to the bone. What is her pay raise, a cent? They're the most stingiest, ungrateful, laziest family ever!

"Mrs. Yang sure is gusty... wow wait till I-" I pause.

Wait. My mom accepted the job and suddenly there's our stuff in boxes... what's the full story.

I look at my mom and I can see it in her eyes. She knows I'm not going to like what she's going to say next.

"Mom... what is actually going on?" I question her more seriously.

She lets out a deep breath, "Since I'll be working extra hard, Mrs. Yang offered to triple my pay and to live with them."

I-

WHAT?

The next day

"Kim Sunni pick up your jaw," My mom softly slaps my cheek.

I'm in literal awe. Never have I ever been presented a castle! A mansion can't even slightly describe how huge and spectacular this place is. 

Marble floor across the whole place, chandelier galore, clean white walls with high-end art that people probably auction off millions of won! Chic staircases that I can possibly have multiple rich girl photoshoots in.

The air is different. I feel like a rich girl. Alexa play Gwen Stefani rich girl.

"Toto do you see this?" I whisper to Toto who I'm carrying in my arms. 

"Ms. Kim, good to see you this morning," this lady with Queen Elizabeth style and very annoying clacky heels comes walking towards us with this diamond smile.

Is this the Mrs. Yang my mom always talking about? Annoying heels and passive aggressive demeanor? The annoying heels fit this lady perfectly, so it could be a match.

"I'm so glad you're here, oh!" Mrs. Yang looks my direction with a smile but then turns sour as I see her eyes move from me to Toto.

"What's that?" She points at Toto.

"Toto," I reply.

"No, is that like a cat?" She continues to question. Did she not go to school or something? What's not clicking.

"I forgot to mention we have a cat, is that a problem?" my mom asks of her.

Mrs. Yang hesitantly smiles, "Absolutely not. It's just we already have my son's dog so-"

"Toto is very obedient and causes no drama," I stick up for Toto. "You won't even know he's here."

Mrs. Yang nods, "Your name?"

Wow. My mom have been working here for how long and she doesn't know my name. Quite the boss. It's the way she knows Toto's name before mine.

"Sunni," I reply with a hint of attitude. I can already see our future disagreements. The lady gives me very bad vibes. 

"Very interesting, well I hope you find your new home and school wonderful," she says before quickly walking off to who knows where.

Wait. New home, check. New school?! Did I miss something? 

"Mom.. before I literally faint and/or throw up, did she say new school?" I question. 

My mom smiles awkwardly, "I knew you wouldn't have agreed to move if I told you right away-"

"Mom!!" I whine at her. You got to be actually kidding me.

My whole high school career, down the drain. I won't be number one at my school, goodbye all my friends.. goodbye Yuni, goodbye my love... Park Jongseong. I was literally thriving and it went down the drain because a snobby rich chick wanted to hire my mom.

I turn around and start walking towards the door. I'm going back. My mom can stay here, but me and Toto, WE OUT!

"Kim Sunni where do you think you're going?" My mom asks.

"I'm leaving. I'll move in with Yuni if I have to," I say then turn the door knob to leave.

As I take a step, I'm blocked by a figure.

"What the-" I mumble. 

My eyes widen to see a young boy, maybe my age, with very nice high quality school uniform,  big eyes with tiger sharp like eyebrows and black hair. Is this who I think it is?

"Who are you?" He asks of me.

"I.. um.." Is the only thing I can manage to say. I'm shocked to be introduced like this. 

"Jungwonie, aren't you supposed to be on your way to school?" I hear my mom ask.

Jungwon, I guess that's his name, looks at me with an eyebrow raised then maneuvers around me leaving me looking straight out the door way. 

I quickly turn around to see him starting to walk up the stairs.

"I forgot my earphones," he softly says then continues to go up the stairs.

I look at my mom, "who's that?" I mouth.

"Yang Jungwon, their son, now stop being silly and go unpack," my mom orders. 

As I walk to my room, I continue to remain in awe. Not only with this house, but with Yang Jungwon. I don't know how I expected their son to look like, but it wasn't that. He's more handsome than I expected for sure.

Never once my mom talked about him, which is strange. She talks about how annoying Mrs. Yang is and how Mr. Yang is basically a robot, but never mentioned their son. Weird.

Whatever. I should just mind my business.

Even though we're living in the same house now, I don't think we'll be in each others life like that.

Later that night

"Excuse me, WHAT?" shouts Yuni on the phone when I tell her news of me switching high schools. 

I move the phone away from my face for a little bit from hearing Yuni starting to ramble. She rambles when she's mad. This could take a second.

I soon bring the phone back to my face when I hear the rambling stop.

"Done?" I ask.

"Done. What am I going to do without you Sunni? What are you going to do without me? At least I have friends here, but you're going to what school?"

"Daeil High School, it's like some private high school that's like 10 minutes from this place," I respond with a sigh. "My mom says it'll be easier to just move to a school that's closer, plus Mrs. Yang paid for all the expenses so.."

"That reminds me Sunni, I did my research!" Yuni exclaims.

I sit up on my bed, "oh my gosh, what did you find?"

"Their son's name is Yang Jungwon. Our age and I believe goes to the school you just named. Apparently he's super popular considering his high follower count on Instagram and many tagged pictures," Yuni explains. "Also, the boy is smokin!"

I have a small flashback to when I saw him in the morning. He did in fact looked stunning, so stunning that it left me... ME speechless. He looked unbothered to see me though but still questioned my existence...

"I actually saw him when I was moving in this morning," I tell her.

3

2

1

"WHAAT?!?!?" Yuni screams. "How does he look like? did you talked to him? OH MY GOODNESS SUNNI!!"

"Ya! Calm down you're causing severe damage to my ear drum," I scold. "And... he was rather handsome.. so handsome I couldn't form words..." 

"Wow... never would I ever guessed that you'd use such words to describe a guy other than Jongseong..." Yuni comments.

"Ya! He's still the love of my life," I say.

"Maybe you'll get to see him now! What if they're actually buddies?" 

My eyes light up, "You think?"

We both laugh. Me and Yuni are like sisters. My life is literally going to suck now that I can't see her everyday. What's my daily routine going to be like now?

"I miss you already silly girl, lets see each other tomorrow," Yuni says.

"Okay babes," we say our goodbyes.

I let out a sigh as I spread my whole body across this massive bed. I do say I love this living large lifestyle. This is the first time in my life that I have my own room, and I do have to say.. It's quite lonely without my mom.

Even though this room is so chic and so my style, I sorta miss our ratchet apartment. I guess I'm home sick already.

Toto moves to lay next to my head. At least I have my warm fuzzy ball with me. So I guess it's not that lonely after all.

I go on my phone and scroll through my Instagram. My heart aches from seeing all my photos with my friends from my now old high school. I'm really going to miss them.

All this sadness isn't doing me any good. I have the personality people will die for! I'm sure I'll be able to make new friends. 

Just then, my stomach starts to growl. This is what sadness does to me.

"Toto, did you hear that? I guess I have to see what these millionaires have in their fridge," I say before rolling off my bed.

I open my door just slightly so I can peak out to see if anyone's out.

Coast clear. I tip toe to the kitchen so I won't disturb anyone. 

I look in the fridge to see very neatly lined drinks, small snacks, and fruits. A small snack won't cut it though, so then I look in their pantry to see my beloved.

RAMEN.

That's what I'm talking about. 

I turn on the lights and stove, got a small pot filled with water, and started cooking my ramen. 

"You're about to make this lady really happy," I speak to my boiling ramen while shaking my shoulders.

"And who is this lady?" says an unknown voice.

I jump and scream at the sound of the voice. I turn towards the direction of the voice and see him. 

Yang Jungwon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400K 23.1K 36
"𝗦𝗵𝘂𝘁 𝘂𝗽 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗶 𝗽𝘂𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵." -- 🚨viewer discretion is advised Content : strong...
145K 4.8K 31
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝗜 𝗸𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝗴𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗟𝗲𝗲 𝗛𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗴 ❞ 𝗹. 𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗲 𝗮𝘂
85.2K 2.3K 49
ᴵ ʷᵃˢ ˡᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᶠᵒʳ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ , ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷʰᵒ ᶠᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵐᵉ COMPLETED
427K 20.4K 43
"jungwon.. c-can you do me a small favor..?" "depends. what is it?" "be my boyfriend."