Baby Blues - Lando Norris

By rubyputellas

"Pregnant? As in, you're going to have a baby?" Two best friends, one birthday party and many consequences. W... More

C A S T
P L A Y L I S T
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
EXTRA CHAPTER 1
EXTRA CHAPTER 2
EXTRA CHAPTER 3
THANK YOU!
??
100k

T W E N T Y - S E V E N

18.2K 257 36
By rubyputellas

..:* BABY BLUES ..:*
act two — the pregnancy
(🤍🦋👼🏼💌)

Authors note: this chapter is not gonna be exactly like the race weekend, i wanted to change it to fit my character x

Australia.

The first race of the season, you could either succeed or fail and all Lando wanted to do was succeed. The flight was long and Thea had dreaded it the whole time as she couldnt find a position that she was comfortable enough in to sleep, but Lando had tried to make it better for her by wrapping his arm around her shoulders yet nothing worked for her. The baby was kicking a lot during the flight, it being uncomfortable majority of the time but once Lando saw how much his baby was moving, he rested his hand on her stomach, his slightly warm palm creating a comfort blanket for both Thea and the baby.

However, there were bigger things to be worrying about in this moment of time, there was a new virus going around and to say that Thea was anxious was an understatement; she had read that many people were passing away after catching coronavirus and it was rapidly spreading to surrounding countries. She almost changed her mind about attending the Australian Grand Prix if it wasn't for it being the first race and for Lando basically begging her to join him.

Waking up in his arms instead of on her own in their home in Surrey, meant that Thea felt safe and comforted in his presence whilst also being able to have a few more minutes of sleep if the baby didn't kick her for a short while. She knew it would be early, due to the jet lag that was sure to kick in soon, but also because of the bright Australian sun peeking through the closed curtains; Lando's alarm just topped everything off. Groaning slightly but it being muffled due to her head resting in the crook of his neck, Thea tried to stretch her arms as much as she could to try and turn off the dreaded sounds that everybody hated. However, as she was halfway her pregnancy and simple tasks weren't as easy than they used to be, Lando had to do it, slowly peeling his arms off of her so he could turn around and turn the alarm off.

"Please turn that off, its too early." Thea murmured, her hands now covering her eyes as if it would magically stop all the noise and send her back to a peaceful sleep, causing the sleepy Lando to chuckle at her.

"Good morning to you, too." He spoke sarcastically, as he finally turned the alarm off, only for him to cuddle back into his girlfriend. His head now resting on her chest with his arm on top of her, his hand resting on her stomach as he tiredly watched their baby move around. "Did you sleep well?"

"Other than this bugger, who kept kicking me for most of the night, i slept alright. How about you?" Thea softly replied to her question, now playing with his curls as she loved the feeling as much as he did. Resting her other hand on her growing belly, Lando took this an opportunity to interlock their fingers together causing her to smile at him and place a gentle kiss on the part of his head that she could reach.

"I slept well, bit warm but i was fine." He told her, not daring to rest his eyes because he knew that he'd end up falling asleep again and not wanting to get out of bed. "Are you coming on the track walk?" He asked her, Thea just about to answer when they both felt a soft kick against their hands causing them to both laugh. "I'll take that as a yes then."

"Yeah, ill come with you, if that's alright with you? This one clearly doesn't like me sitting around and doing nothing." Thea joked, letting go of his hand so she could properly stretch, letting out a sigh of satisfaction whilst doing it.

"You know i love you coming on track walks, so does the team, they love you." He reassured her, lifting his head up so he could look at her in the dim lighting, even in horrible lighting and first thing in the morning, she was still the most beautiful woman in his eyes; even when her messy bun was messy, she had some mascara under her eyes and she looked like she just got dragged through a bush. Leaning into her so he could kiss her, Thea pulled away with a jokey disgusted look on her face casing him to furrow his brows and question what was the matter.

"Morning breath, babe." She teased, him knowing that she was only joking as they never had a problem with kissing each other in the morning. Shaking his head, he cupped her cheek and pulled her face closer to his, crashing their lips together in a passionate kiss but it was still gentle in a way; not trying to get too carried away with this, they both pulled away slowly so they could get their breath back. Pecking his lips a few more times, even with a smile on her face, the couple were finally ready to get ready for the Wednesday ahead of them; little did they know how chaotic everything would be.

The paddock on Wednesday was full of rumours; rumours that consisted of four people that were suspected to have COVID and that the entire race could be cancelled. Yet even after these speculations going around, people still desperately wanted to see their favourite drivers race, even if it meant risking everything. Many were confused, most were anxious and everybody had an opinion; whether it was positive or negative. Even when they were eating their breakfast with the other Carlos and a couple of mclaren workers, the main conversation topic was about the Coronavirus and Lando still finding a way to make the situation positive by making a joke about a gas mask.

The track walk was Thea's favourite part of the day as she could get her steps ups and do some exercise whilst also being with her boyfriend and having some fun. As Lando was walking and talking about the car with his engineer, Thea was a few feet behind them with Jon, the pair of them making jokes about life and talking about their worries and predictions for the season. "Are you worried about this?" Jon asked seriously, looking over to the blonde woman that he classed as a friend who pushed her sunglasses up her nose.

"About COVID?" She asked back, watching as he nodded. "Yeah, I'm absolutely nervous about everything. I was so close to not coming this weekend because its so unpredictable what can and will happen. I'm worried about family and friends, about me or Lando catching it and passing it onto the baby, the fans and everybody in the paddock. There's already rumours about four people having symptoms, once there's one positive test that's it."

"I understand what you mean, its a scary hing knowing that loads of people are dying but the FIA are doing what they can and they're gonna investigate the situation and if something does happen, they'll do the right thing." He reassured her, placing his hand on her shoulder and giving it a squeeze making her smile appreciatively at him. "Enough with all the negativity, hows my nephew doing?"

"Amazing but he's a bloody pain, every time I'm not moving around, he'll kick for ages. Sometimes I'm not bothered because its soft but a lot of the time, he will go for it." She laughed, causing him to chuckle along with her.

"He could be a footballer when he grows up, he's already got the moves for it and he's not even born yet." Jon suggested, them both laughing and slightly drawing some attention as a few people, including Lando, turned and looked at them for a brief second.

"I'm not bothered what he wants to be when he grows up, its his own choice if he wants to play football or even kart but there's one thing I'm definite about and that is that my child will be a Chelsea supporter like his mum."

"I'm sure i saw Mason Mount liking a few of your pictures." Jon asked politely, not trying to talk too loudly in case some people got the wrong idea.

"You probably have, he's such a nice guy. Not in that way, of course, i have a boyfriend who is also the father to my child; but we've messaged each other a few times because he wanted to congratulate us and get us some tickets to the games whenever i or both of us were free, which obviously I accepted."

The rest of the day passed pretty quickly, Thea and Lando not doing anything special when they got back to their hotel room apart from watching some tv and talking to the baby. Thursday was even crazier than the pervious day as two Mclaren team members had shown symptoms for the virus causing there to be continuous talk in the paddock, Thea putting some hand sanitiser on at any chance that she needed to; after opening doors or touching something that many people had touched before her, not wanting to take any unnecessary risks.

However as the day progressed, the news that a mclaren team member had tested positive for coronavirus disrupted the entire weekend. Everybody in the paddock was shocked and some were slightly frightened about how the rest of the weekend would play out; some of the teams still wanting to go racing despite the positive test, Sebastian Vettel claiming that 'Cash is King' in a press conference the day before.

The FIA had taken the new news into consideration and they had came to the decision to cancel the Grand Prix three days before the race, which caused some uproar from the crowd of fans that had paid a mass amount of money to visit the paddock and they declared for their money back. Once Thea heard the news of the positive test, she immediately wanted to go home and stay there until everything was safe and she was ready to give birth to her baby. Lando could sense her anxious behaviour when he looked at her, him feeling the need to comfort her so stepping closer to her, he intertwined their fingers to simply remind her that he was with her.

Feeling slightly better knowing that he hadn't left her alone in the paddock, Thea let out a small breath of both satisfaction and nervousness. Yet she knew he would be leaving her soon as he and Carlos had to film something for the Mclaren YouTube channel as well as Henrik following Lando, and Thea sometimes, with the camera for the unboxed episode that would come out that next week. But also because he had some more interview to take part, either individually or with his teammate, who was also like his brother.

Later on that same day, it now being the early evening, it had been decided that everybody should travel back to their respective homes until it was safe to travel and race again. Thea and Lando not having to be told twice as they were on the first flight back to Surrey, ready to prepare for what they needed to do.

However, both of them had no clue how difficult the next few months would be; underestimating how long everything would take for things to return to somewhat normality.

But they knew that as long as they had each other during the time at home, they would be alright.

liked by 36,578 others

theagreene: To all of you,

This will be a very hard time for everybody; not being able to see your loved ones, not being able to go out like you normally would and many simple tasks will be a lot more difficult now.

But please take this time to check up on your relatives and friends over a call, facetime or even a small message, it's important to look after yourself and the people you truly care about...

If we all stick to the government guidelines and take this seriously, normality will hopefully return earlier, but that's only if we follow the rules and treat it right! And if anybody that follows me or needs someone to talk to or someone to listen, my dm's will always be open and I will try to get back to you as soon as I can!!

Please please please look after yourself during quarantine; read a new book, find a new show to watch, workout and be healthy, make friends online who share the same interest as you or even do a face mask. But overall, stay safe.

I love you all so much!!

-Thea 🤎🤎🤎

comments disabled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

835K 14.7K 94
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘸 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘴... 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐'𝘮 𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨
361K 7.1K 48
Lando's best friend, Alya Ricciardi, is a YouTuber and influencer with many fans all over the world. When she realizes that just traveling the world...
195K 3.4K 31
"It'll take baby steps for us to get back to where we was." Lando and Thea are back and better than ever! Now parents to their gorgeous two year old...