Wolves| Taekook

By Jennyluvtaekook

Jungkook, an alpha being tortured by his past was found wounded by Kim Taehyung in the woods. Kim Taehyung wa... More

文字
序章
十一
十二
十三
十四
十五
十六
十七
十八
二十
二十一
二十二
二十三
二十四
二十五
二十六
二十七
二十八
二十九
三十
三十一
三十二
三十三
三十四
三十五
Untitled Part 38

十九

5K 368 90
By Jennyluvtaekook

"Oh my god! Today was so fun!" Taehyung shouted cheerfully as he tumbled inside the house. The souvenirs and snacks in his hand made it difficult for him to walk. He bought everything that fascinated him, including some tasty street food for Jungkook. 

And there was Jungkook behind him, walking inside the house after him, his mouth shut silently and the cold expression donning his face. He was too worried to celebrate anything, not that he would have even if he wasn't worried. Taehyung quieted down as he looked back at Jungkook who seemed to be lost in his own world. 

He wanted to ask quite a few questions to Jungkook but he knew the other's mood was cranky right now and he dared not talk about anything that would worsen it up. 

"Jungkook, do you want some water?" Taehyung asked, knocking the stuffing out of Jungkook. He nodded as he sat down on the chair. Taehyung immediately went inside the kitchen and got two glasses of water along with some macaroons on a plate. Jungkook was about to take the glass of water from Taehyung's hand when his attention fell on the plate. 

"What's this for?" He asked. "Eating something sweet helps with destressing" Taehyung smiled at him and so he took one macaroon from the plate, stuffing it inside his mouth. 

"But how did you conclude that I was stressed?" Jungkook asked.

"Well, you were quite all the way back to the house and there was a very bothered look on your face". "But isn't that my normal behavior?" Jungkook expressed making Taehyung chuckle. "Oh, so you're aware of yourself" He mocked.

"...Is it because of the guy we just met?" Taehyung asked whilst carefully looking at Jungkook's face expecting a change of expression, yet he observed none. Jungkook looked outside the window. The night was falling, and there was no sign of any living outside, yet the stars and moon made the atmosphere lively. Silence surrounded the two while Taehyung anticipated an answer from Jungkook, who was conveying secrecy to be his possible choice.

Yet, Taehyung's heart missed a beat when he heard Jungkook speak.

"...He's one of the reasons" He muttered out. Taehyung wanted Jungkook to continue speaking, to open up but he was afraid Jungkook might come to his senses and guard himself up again. Yet the desperation inside him, made him speak up.

"Who is he?" He gulped, he could feel the imaginary perspiration due to nervousness on his forehead. Ironic it was that at one point, he wanted Jungkook to look into his eyes but also didn't want him to break the eye contact he had with the scenery outside, anxious that he would stop talking.

"He's my rival" Jungkook's answers were short but Taehyung found them as big steps for the change in their relationship. He doesn't know why he wants Jungkook to open up to him, maybe it's the jealousy that Jungkook knows everything about him and he doesn't, or the burning desire to be closer to Jungkook than anyone else is.

"Rival? What kind of rival?" Shit. This was turning out to be an interview but Taehyung needed answers. Why was Jungkook so bothered about that guy? Do they know each other? Like know know each other? It was just irking him.

"I am the son of the pack's leader and the candidate to be the heir of the throne. Eun-sang is my rival candidate" Jungkook spoke. 

Oh, so his name is Eun-sang. Was the first thought that came into Taehyung's mind but everything seemed to seep inside his mind as his eyes widened.

"What?! Did you just say that you're the heir to the throne?! And you have a dad?!" Taehyung exclaimed in shock as he stood up halfway. Jungkook said nothing as he kept his eyes locked with the oak tree's silhouette.

"I just thought you had a brother since you never talk about your family" Taehyung muttered as he sat down.

"Then, what about your mom?" The sound of the name itself made Jungkook flinch as he finally looked at Taehyung, although his gaze wasn't welcoming.

"That's enough questions. Go to sleep" Jungkook said, standing up, making Taehyung wonder what wrong did he speak. There was no reason for Taehyung to argue right now, Jungkook had spoken more than he even wished for, so he would happily comply with Jungkook's request (order).

Taehyung stood up to leave but his legs stopped in their way as his eyes fell over Jungkook's trembling hands. Even though it has been a while, he clearly remembers the way Jungkook's hands trembled when he tried to touch him after the injury. It was as if Jungkook was stopping them from begging to be held by someone, stopping them from getting reassurance that they would never hurt someone purposely.

"Jungkook, do you want to sleep in the bedroom tonight?" Taehyung asked making Jungkook flinch. He turned back to look at Taehyung's face to find the expressions of mockery but was met with Taehyung's dead serious face.

Jungkook was feeling scared to sleep tonight. He was afraid that if he closed his eyes, the monster would be back to torture him. He did not want to wake up being scared of his reflection. Only if he could never close his eyes again, he would never have a nightmare. And as if someone had sent an angel for his rescue, Taehyung had spoken those words. How was Jungkook suppose to deny?

Although they were inside the house, Taehyung could hear the breeze flowing outside because there was pin-drop silence inside. Now he was feeling embarrassed, suggesting something so obscene to Jungkook who was probably gonna deny his offer.

"I-if you want, I can sleep on the couch" Taehyung spoke and was about to continue speaking when Jungkook interrupted him.

"No. It's fine" Jungkook spoke and Taehyung sighed with disappointment. Of course, Jungkook would have said no.

He was about to turn back to go upstairs when Jungkook's words stopped him.

"It's fine. I'll sleep with you in the bedroom". Taehyung didn't know if he was surprised, happy, anxious, or a mix of all. But for now, he smiled and nodded. With every step, they took towards the bedroom, Taehyung's heartbeat increased. It was as if his heart had transformed into a full-speed metro train.

Well, it would be his first time sleeping in the same bedroom with someone and that too, an alpha. Of course, he'd be nervous. The chances of anything odd happening were really low but still there.

As soon as they entered the room, Jungkook decided that he won't look at the mirror for now since he doesn't want to act weak in front of Taehyung. He quickly took his nightwear and dashed inside the bathroom. Seeing the chance, Taehyung changed his clothes too, not wanting Jungkook to walk in on him changing. His heart was thumping out of his chest and he doesn't even know why. Not like he is attracted to Jungkook in a weird way.

He did not wait for Jungkook to come outside the bathroom as he slipped inside the quilt. Blame it on the energy he drained out in the carnival, his eyes felt heavy and he immediately fell asleep. 

Jungkook came out of the bathroom and saw Taehyung already sleeping. He sighed in relief that it won't be awkward to sleep since Taehyung won't be talking or conscious to make him more aware of the situation.

Now, when he's finally coming back to his senses, he's cursing himself for agreeing to sleep with Taehyung, cause what if he gets a nightmare and scares Taehyung? He can just go downstairs and sleep on the couch yet his legs led him towards the bed as he sat down and stared outside the window before lying down.

Taehyung was sleeping as if he was dead, so Jungkook didn't have to worry about the proximity as he pulled the quilt over himself and felt himself falling into sleep too.

___

"Hello dear, Jungkook. Did you miss me?"  As soon as Jungkook heard the familiar voice, his whole body quivered with fear. 

"Not again, not again, not again" He kept muttering as his hands covered his ears, trying to block the voice he feared the most. His own voice.

"Just because I let you look at yourself doesn't mean you'll be able to get rid of me, Jungkook" The voice laughed, and suddenly Jungkook found himself in the same place. The mirror was there, shining brightly in the darkness. He could feel his reflection staring at him with a terrific look on its face. He immediately shut his eyes close so that he could not look at the mirror. 

"What do you want from me?!" Jungkook shouted as he let the tears escape his eyes. His whole body was shaking furiously and he wanted this to be over already but he knew he can never get rid of these nightmares. He can never get rid of himself.

"I should have already guessed you won't let me go anywhere, you will haunt me all my life" He cried out loud, finally falling on his knees.

___

Taehyung squirmed as he frowned. The loud noise of wailing and heavy breathing woke him up.

"What is it, Jungkook?" He whined out, wondering if Jungkook wanted him to get him something.

Yet, when he finally opened his eyes, he saw Jungkook sobbing and trembling. It made all his drowsiness vanish as he looked at Jungkook with worry laced in his eyes.

"Is he having a nightmare?" He mumbled to himself as he saw Jungkook throwing his arms and legs while having a painful expression on his face.

He tried to find a way to calm Jungkook down and one of them was to wake him up, but instead of waking him up, he gently took Jungkook's hand in his as he patted Jungkook's chest. "It's fine, Jungkook. It will be fine" He spoke in a calm voice. He could feel Jungkook's grip tighten over his hand. The painful expression still remained on his face, yet it seemed that Taehyung's method was working.

He was about to remove his hand from Jungkook's chest when he felt himself being pulled by Jungkook into a hug. His eyes widened as he looked at Jungkook who was still heavily panting and trembling.

"J-jungkook?! I swear to god, if you're awake and this is a joke, I'm making a soup out of you tomorrow" He called out but he got no response. He tried to pry out but Jungkook's grip over his waist was too tight. He bit his lip while blushing, as he felt Jungkook's heavy breathing over his chest.

He grunted as he ruffled his hair in frustration. "This is troublesome" He said, trying to hide the fact that he was heavily blushing. He stared at Jungkook who was breathing calmly now yet had the grip strong on him. He sighed as he hugged Jungkook back and closed his eyes.

"I'll let you go this time because you're in pain" Taehyung said as he rubbed Jungkook's back.

___

Jungkook sobbed as he ran and ran, trying to find a way to escape from the darkness. 

"I-i just need to run until I wake up" He spoke to himself, looking back at the scary blue eyes following him.

He moaned in fear as he turned his head again. His legs were trembling with fear but he didn't want to stop otherwise the monster will catch up to him.

Suddenly, he was pulled by someone to the side. His eyes widened in shock as his heart started beating furiously. He felt as if it was the end of him, that he's finally lost to the monster. He was ready to accept defeat but suddenly a bright light shone above him, blinding his eyes.

He squirmed his eyes to adjust to the lighting and when he looked at the person who had just pulled him to the lightness, he couldn't believe his eyes. It was Taehyung, smiling his usual boxy smile while looking at him.

He was suddenly pulled into a hug, a gentle hand patting his back.

"It's fine, Jungkook. It will be fine" He heard the calming deep voice of Taehyung seeping through his ears, washing his fears away.

He broke into a cry as he wrapped his arms around Taehyung, crying in his arms.

And for the first time, his nightmare had turned into a pleasant, sweet dream. All thanks to the warmth that Taehyung was emitting.

Maybe, he still has a chance left to change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

352K 19.6K 61
[Completed] Kim Taehyung, known for his decency and coming from a respected family, is under both peer pressure and compulsion. He feels an intense n...
27.9K 1.5K 18
Taehyung is back in town and in his hunted house he give his Heart to jungkook. which is actually jungkook's. What will happen when tae finds out the...
251K 9.8K 23
Kim taehyung an immortal true blood who is waiting for his mate Jungkook... I cant live without you.... Please don't make me to wait too long.. It hu...
9.2K 357 11
He can't live without me... • Taekook • Top Jungkook • bottom Taehyung