𝐌𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 |𝓙�...

By bumblingbaboonsband

Lily Elizabeth Wood Smart, kind, friendly, a Gryffindor, sometimes sassy, badass, leader, positive, funny, so... More

Prologue
1. OLLIVANDERS
2. The Sourting Hat
3. The New Ghost
4. Prank War Is Over
5. New Year New Me
6. A Little Gay
7. Time Turner
8. Sarah Blossom
9. Last Minute Change
10. Boys & Girls
11. "Bacon?"
12. Chubby Hands
13. Unexpected Guests
14. Christmas Cake
15. A New Friend
16. Jealous
17. Romantic Comedy
18. Hypothetically
19. Nothing But The Truth
20. Molly Weasley
21. Chopsticks
22. Your Ex's Basement
23. Love
24. Slime
25. Good bye
26. About Him
27. Kissing
28. The List
29. New Ship
30. Okay
31. All Alone
32. Fart Bombs
33. Ravenclaw vs Gryffindor
35. Daisies
36. Train Trip To London
37. Sun
38. Friend
39. The Winner
40. Weird
41. Blushing
42. Messing
43. Ginger
44. Albus' Orbs
45. Blonde & Ginger
46. Devil
47. Everyone Finds Out
48. Muffliato
49. Moony
50. Hurt
51. 'L Word'
52. Howler
53. Cheating
53. The Necklace
54. Albus
55. Luna's Boyfriend
56. Mirror Game
57. Positive
58. Hospital Wing
59. Forbidden Forest
60. Stutter
61. Dirty Towel
62. Bathtub
63. Empty Field
64. Aurora
65. Missing Slytherin
66. Lily♡James
67. Butter beer

34. Amortentia Potion

3.4K 111 40
By bumblingbaboonsband

Fifth Year:

After the quidditch match, the lessons continued and the day went on as normal.

My first lesson was DADA with Slytherins, which was normal like every other day. A few creature names, a few spells, and blah blah blah.

James was suppose to be with us in DADA and potions but apparently Madam Pomfrey told him to stay in the hospital wing.

We finished our lesson and went to the potions class for our next lesson.

Professor Slughorn was already there, ready  to start. He had a creepy smile on his face that made me sit down far away from him, just incase.

"Good morning, class. I'm guessing we are all in a very charming mood after the great quidditch match we had." He smiled and looked at all of us, one by one. He cleared his throat and continued talking when we all stayed quiet. "For todays lesson, I want everyone to make their own amortentia potion. Now, who can tell me what an amortentia potion is?"

A few people raised their hands and I decided to give it a shot.

"Yes, Miss Wood?"

I slowly stood up. "Amortentia is a really strong potion that can make a person fall in love when they drink it."

He nodded and I sat down. "Whoever smells the amortentia they will be able to smell the scent of the person they are attracted the most. Now, I want everyone to open their book, page 57, and make an amortentia potion. You will be working in pairs. And the winner team will get..." he took out a small glass. "Liquid luck, also known as Felix Felicis. Now, the last time a student had one of these was at least 15 years ago..."

We all grabbed our books and turned the pages, while Professor gave us details about how the potion should look.

Page 57: Amortentia

Ashwinnder eggs,

Rose thorns,

Peppermint,

Powdered moonstone,

Pearl dust,

Rose petals.

"This looks easy." I whispered to Roxanne and she nodded in reply.

"What do you think it will smell like?"

"I honestly have no idea. But I bet Potter would smell himself."

She chuckled and we continued on with the potion. After about fifteen minutes, we finished our small amortentia and Roxanne raised her hand to get the professors attention.

"Well done Miss Weasley and Miss Wood." He leaned forward and looked at the small pinkish liquid before smiling. "Everyone, please gather up. Let's test our first amortentia."

All the Gryffindors (especially the girls and two boys) rushed over to our table and leaned over to see our potion.

"Miss Weasley, how about you try first?"

She looked at me nervously and I nudged her side. She exhaled and took a step closer to our table while veryone started whispering.

"My amortentia smells like.... cats, burnt candles and..." we waited for her excitedly while she took another sniff. "Daisies."

She stood straight and quickly walked over to us.

"Good, good." He nodded and it seemed like he zoned out for about a good one minute. "Miss Wood, how about you go next?"

I shrugged and took two steps forward. The pinkish liquid had smoke on it and it was still hot. I sniffed it once and waited.

"Yes?" I heard Professor Slughorn behind me.

"My one doesn't smell like someone, it smells like.... something."

I turned around and watched peoples face get confused and look at me weirdly.

Huh, maybe I'm in love with an object. Fun.

Professor Slughorn clapped his hands in excitement and turned his back to me. "Perfect example! Now, you see, there is always a slight chance of people smelling their feelings when they are with the person they are attracted the most." He turned back at me and gestured the boiler. "Go on then."

I looked back and slowly turned around. The potion looked.... like a normal potion.

I closed my eyes and took another sniff.

"This pink thing smells like-"

"Amortentia-" he corrected.

"Okay. This pink amortentia thing smells like..."

I slowly smiled and took another sniff.

"That's weird. It smells like a safe place. Or maybe, I don't know... home." The whispers got louder behind me.

"It also smells like a quidditch field, and victory." I let out a weird noise which made people get closer. "This person better starts showering every day, cause that sweat smell... yuck."

Students started laughing when I opened my eyes and Professor Slughorn gave me a half disappointed, half satisfies look and I joined the others.

"Well done for your great work. And like I promised, here is your liquid luck."

Roxanne grabbed the glass and everyone returned to their table to continue their own amortentia.

"Sorry I'm late, Professor. I broke my arm pretty bad on the field today."

James burst into the room with his arm fully bandaged and his hair extremely messy and still a bit sweaty.

"Mr. Potter, welcome and we are all sorry to hear that. No worries, you didn't miss anything."

James shook his head and closed the door behind him before grabbing a book from the closet and sitting in front of our table.

"Psst, Wood!" I ignored James' whispering and continued tiding my table.

"Wood."

"Wood."

"Lily"

"Elizabeth-"

"What?" I whipered rolling my eyes.

He gave me a smile that looked like a puppy. "Do you mind openning me the book. My arm is...broken."

I sighed and got up from my seat, I passed our table and sat next to him. "I'm sure you can do this with one hand-"

"Then why are you helping?" He asked with a smirk.

"You just asked me to open you the book. You-"

"Oh, Miss Wood. I see you saved me from asking you to help Mr. Potter, since he can only use his one hand."

I turned my head to the prefosser and nodded with a fake smile.

James giggled next to me but I just opened the book and muttered an "I hate you"

*****

"Stop touching me!" I whisper yelled, pushing James' hand once again.

"I'm not touching you!"

"Yes you are!" I continued mixing the potion.

He put his hand really close to my face and smiled. "No touching, no complaining!"

"James, if you don't put your finger down, you won't have a finger to put down anymore!"

He quickly put his finger down and gave me the peppermint jar.

I grabbed a spoon full of peppermint and put it in the liquid and watched it turn bright pink.

"Merlin's sake, Lily." I looked at him as he crinkled his nose. "Perfume is something nice, I know. But there is a limit. You're killing me in here."

"Said the sweaty boi with no perfume." I hissed and closed the lid for the amortentia.

"If everyone done with their amortentia, we can-"

James whispered next to me while Professor Slughorn continued. "This is- what we were doing was an amortentia? The one that-"

"Yes." I exhaled and ignored him.

"Class is dis-"

"Professor!" James cut him off and everyone looked at him. "Can I ask something?"

"Uh- of course. Go on."

"Can everyone lift up their lids? You know, letting the whole room smell like it?"

We all gave him a confused look but did it anyway.

The smell of mine was still hard to understand while some students were looking at each other.

At least they know who they like. Maybe something is wrong with my amortentia.

What if I did something wrong with the ingredients? Ashwinnder eggs! Maybe I shouldn't have-

I felt James sniff my shoulder. "What the- what are you doing?!" I pushed his head away and he took a sniff from our amortentia. "You good?"

"Class dismissed."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

676 41 19
"You're just a spineless, big-headed, moron Potter. Why on earth would I go out with a fleabag like you?" "It's just, James Potter!" says Sirius, lea...
846K 25.3K 91
"This is all your bloody fault, Malfoy." When an accidental spell throws Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy back in time to the Marauder's era, they a...
288K 7.6K 48
Ruby Snape vowed to protect her younger twin brother to the very end, but when he goes to Hogwarts, she is stuck at home, despite being a witch. Now...
2.4M 76.7K 187
In which the marauders generation watch Athena Potters life and see the dangers of which awaits them. Where friends becomes enemies and enemies becom...