Let Me In || Jungwon

By bluexpoem

The youngest son of of one of the richest families in Korea meets the housekeeper's quirky daughter. Will she... More

2 - Rich Girl
3 - The School
4 - Troublemaker
5 - Suspicious
6 - Curry Anyone?
7 - Eyes on You
8 - My Heart Is All Weird
9 - Unforgiven
10 - Melting The Ice
11 - Heart is For Sale
12 - What Are We?
13 - Liar Liar Pants On Fire
14 - The Truth Untold
15 - Some
16 - Pucker Up
17 - Enough
18 - The Existence of You to Me
19 - Let Me In Your Heart
20 - Love Language
21 - Enemies Forever
22 - I'll protect you
23 - Sweet & Sour
24 - You're My Warmth
25 - Hello Ghost?!
26 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
27 - Blue
28 - My Biggest Supporter
29 - Moving On
30 - Meet Him Among Them
31 - Scouted
32 - Through the Night
33 - You, Me, Us
34 - Together Always...?
35 - Still With You
Will there be a sequel??
The Sequel Is Out!!

1 - Let Me In Your Kingdom

19.7K 423 598
By bluexpoem

Thank you @Tharins for the lovely cover!

*******

Make em' whistle like a missile, bomb bomb... every time I show up, blow up uh! 

I skip to the beat of whistle by Blackpink on my way to school. I wiggle my legs, I bend my back, and my arms move like jello as I try to embrace my inner Lisa. 

Every morning as I walk to my high school, I make sure I get pumped up for the day. Once I'm pumped, no one.. and I mean no one can ruin my vibe. It is I... who is unstoppable! I... who will rule the-

I suddenly trip on my own foot and faceplant into the ground making my earphones disconnect from my phone. 

Nearby pedestrians mumble as they walk past me and my phone that's blasting whistle.

I'm contemplating whether I should get up or just stay here like murder scene tape. If I stay still maybe people won't notice me. Wait... my uniform!

I quickly jump up and start to dust off my newly dry cleaned suit and skirt. My mom would literally kill me if I came home with a single dust particle on it! She would have me wash dishes at Ms. Go's café for weeks to pay for it to get dry cleaned again!

Oh...

I almost forgot.

You don't know who I am.. don't you?

Well well well, you're in for an incredible treat...

The name is Kim Sunni. I'm a regular 17 year old high school student just living day by day. I live in Seoul, yes the capital, for basically my whole life! I only know this place and it only knows me. I live with my single mom and my black cat Toto. We live humbly. My mom makes end meet as being the housekeeper at this millionaire's mansion.

Tell me why we're still living in a one bedroom apartment when they can literally give us 100 million won and it wouldn't even make the slightest dent in their wallets. Whatever, my mom is too good for them.

I occasionally work at Ms. Go's café which is the little bakery right next to our apartment complex. Ms. Go is my mom's bestfriend of 20 years, and her daughter, Yuni, is my best friend. We're the same age.

I'm quite average looking with black short hair. Easier to shower the better. 

"Oh you're in trouublee," Yuni approaches me pointing her finger at me.

I huff, "Ya! What are you talking about?" 

She slightly lifts up my skirt to reveal a little rip at the bottom. I gasp. I am in trouble.

"Mhm, your death sentence is waiting," she jokes then picks up my phone and earphones for me. 

I snatch them out of her hand annoyed at the rip. Only one thing can ruin my day, knowing my death awaits when I come home to see my mom's crazy eyes as she sees this tiny... itty bitty... rip.

Me and Yuni start walking to school together like we usually do. We walk to school together, sit next to each other in our classes and during lunch, and then hang out after school to either do homework, karaoke, or dance. 

That's pretty much our daily routine and we never get tired of it.

"I won't bring it up," I say stuffing my phone and earphones in my backpack.

Yuni laughs, "yea, but once she notices I won't see you at school, I'll see you at your funeral."

"I know," I sigh. "She used her last few bucks from her earnings this week just to get this dry cleaned."

"You would think you guys will be living it big since she works for the CEO of Yang Industries," Yuni says.

I shake my head, "rich people are the stingiest, trust me. My mom has been working with them before I was born, yet we still live in that apartment."

Whatever. It is what it is. I guess I didn't save a past king or queen in my past life, but I'll live this life to the fullest.

"It's crazy how you never met them either considering your mom was probably pregnant when she was working for them," Yuni points out. 

She then gasps and stops in her tracks, "Isn't their only son like our age? What's his name again?"

I shake my head and grab Yuni to continue walking, "I don't know and I don't care. I don't need to know his name if they don't even know mine."

"I'll do my research later," Yuni says pushing up her round glasses. 

I let out a giggle. One of Yuni's favorite thing to do is researching. Not like science or whatever lame subject, but like researching about people. Every time I get a crush on someone, I go to her because she will have all their info in a matter of a few hours. Definitely NIS material. 

My favorite thing? You probably already guessed, but it's to dance! If I'm not dancing then I'm singing. My mom disapproves and tells me I should become a professor and teach. 

I don't like to study but I'm naturally talented in taking tests and acing pretty much everything. I always tutor Yuni and a few other classmates, but it's not something I would love to do with the rest of my life.

We soon approach our school. We greet a few other friends until... I see him...

Park Jongseong.

I see twinkling lights and pink hearts around him. It's like I can hear "almost paradise!~" every time I see him. Him, walking in slow motion, his beautiful black hair, sharp bone structure, and style to die for even though we're wearing uniform. 

"I think you're in love," Yuni says waving her hand in front of my face.

"How can't I? Look at him," I say with heart eyes.

"Girl, get a grip. He's like the richest guy in this joint," Yuni comments making me snap my head towards her.

"Ya! Are you suggesting that since I'm dirt poor I can't be with rich?" I question with my hands on my hips. 

She rolls her eyes. Always the same reaction whenever I get sassy.

"Let's also not forget he's a senior," Yuni reminds.

I sigh. She defeats me again, because she's just always right. 

Oh how I long for the day with Jongeong graduates. He's my favorite eye candy. No, we never talked before, but I sure do know more about him than he does himself. Of course, all thanks to Yuni.

"My money is on that he's probably good friends with Chairman Yang's son. Jongseong must be close to him since his dad is the vice president of the company," Yuni informs.

"So are you implying that I should sneak into my mom's cleaning supply bag and hide in there until I see Jongseong?" I question her with my eyebrows raised.

She looks at me in disbelief, "what goes on in your mind child?"

I smirk, "only the worthy can know."

She playfully pushes me as we head inside our classroom to start the day.

- 3rd Person PoV -

As Kim Sunni goes about her regular day during school, her mom, Kim Da-Eun, goes about her day working as a housekeeper for one of the richest families in South, Korea, the Yang family of Yang Industries.

Ms. Kim is sweet yet feisty to her boss of nearly 18 years. Yes, Yuni was right, she was working for them even before Sunni came into the light.

Ms. Kim and the wife of Yang Industries, Mrs. Yang, were high school classmates, but Ms. Kim dropped out to help support her family at the time. After a few years, Mrs. Yang offered Ms. Kim a job.

Even though they were high school classmates, Ms. Yang didn't hesitate to brag about her newfound money thanks to her husband. That didn't faze Ms. Kim due to her resilience.

Ms. Kim is seen cleaning the kitchen early in the morning after the chefs made breakfast for Mr. and Mrs. Yang. 

"Can you make sure Jungwon is up and ready for school and please make sure that my gown for the press conference tomorrow is picked up by this evening?" Mrs. Yang requests as she takes a few bills out of her wallet for the dry cleaning.

Ms. Kim raised an eyebrow hearing Ms. Yang's last request. Last time she checked she's the housekeeper, not the assistant.

"Mrs. Yang, isn't that your assistant's job to pick up your dry cleaning?" She asks her.

Mrs. Yang groans, "I made her leave the country because I found out she was stealing from me," she places the bills on the counter next to Ms. Kim. 

"Can't trust anybody nowadays, I left an extra 50 thousand won for you," Mrs. Yang says before leaving quickly. 

Ms. Kim looks at the bills and rolls her eyes. 

"This better not become an everyday thing," Ms. Kim mumbles to herself then puts the cash in her pocket. 

She already works so much for the Yang family yet doesn't get paid enough for the amount her work is worth. For a while, Ms. Kim has thought about quitting, but how can she when she's so comfortable?

She also constantly thinks about Sunni. Without having a high school diploma, she can only do so much to support her and her daughter. How will she put her through college?

As Ms. Kim finishes cleaning the kitchen, Yang Jungwon, the youngest and the only son from the Yang family, comes rushing in the kitchen.

"Oh dear I was about to check up on you. Why didn't you come down for breakfast?" Ms. Kim asks Jungwon. 

Jungwon grabs an apple, "wasn't that hungry," he lies. 

Ms. Kim stares at him without replying to him. She knows why, but she hates that he skips breakfast.

Jungwon doesn't eat with his parents because he simply doesn't like them, why?

As Jungwon being the only son, Mr. Yang wants him to inherit the company. Their eldest and only daughter is studying abroad in the UK, so they felt like Jungwon would be the best fit for the position. Of course Jungwon doesn't want to. He has his own plans to become a musician.

For awhile, Jungwon's grandma was living with them, but once his parents found out that halmeoni was secretly paying for dance and vocal classes for Jungwon, they kicked her out. 

That was the last straw for Jungwon, so now he despises them. 

Halmeoni was his biggest supporter and now that she's gone, Jungwon feels lost.

"Well make sure you eat lunch and stay safe," Ms. Kim tells him.

He nods then quickly leaves.

"I worry about him," Ms. Kim says to herself before going on to tidy up the rest of the mansion. 

Through out the day, Ms. Kim does her every day duties of cleaning all the rooms of this 7 bedroom 10 bathroom mansion. Mrs. Yang is very particular on having the house spotless just in case any important guests may come over.

Even though the Yang family isn't that big, Mrs. Yang has many extracurricular activities and constantly have guests over nearly every day. 

Especially with the press conference about their new stores opening up in Itaewon and Gangnam, Ms. Kim better have this place spotless. Also, Yang Industries deals with retail and is one of the biggest retail companies in Korea.

After multiple meetings today with Mr. Yang, Mrs. Yang finds out that her husband's schedule for the next few months will be filled with many business trips across the world.

"I'm going to need your help with our stores here in Korea. I have to leave to Japan tomorrow after the press conference, so you're going to be in charge right away," informs Mr. Yang as he's going through emails on his phone.

"I won't be seeing you for awhile," Mrs. Yang says sadly.

"Unfortunately," Mr. Yang replies unemotionally. "I suggest you hire a new assistant or two, you'll need as much help as you can get."

"How about Ms. Kim, she's very diligent," Mrs. Yang suggest.

"Don't ask me just go with what you want," Mr. Yang replies still glued to his phone. 

As they both arrive to their mansion, they're greeted by Ms. Kim. She's rather glad for the day to be over, but then is pulled into Mrs. Yang's study.

"Your dress is hanged up neatly in your closet," says Ms. Kim.

Mrs. Yang smiles, "perfect, sit." She gestures with her hand towards the seat in front of her desk.

Ms. Kim does so quite hesitantly. She wonders if she's possibly going to be told some bad news.

"Ms. Kim I would love to hire you as one of my new assistants," Mrs. Yang says.

Ms. Kim flinches at her sudden statement, "Excuse me?"

"You would keep this job but you'll also be my assistant for my daily life things while I get another assistant for work related things. You see, Mr. Yang is going to be quite busy with our foreign countries, so I have to take the reigns here," She informs.

Mrs. Yang notices Ms. Kim's silence.

"I know the work will be more extra than you're used to, so I will be providing you a stay here. Isn't that exciting? Like we're roomies!" Ms. Yang claps her hands together.

"I can't do that," Ms. Kim puts it simply. "I have a daughter."

Mrs. Yang snaps her finger, "you're right, I forgot about her how is she?"

Ms. Kim is quite shocked that she asked that considering this is her first time in 17 years. 

"She's doing just fine, but I can't do this job," Ms. Kim says.

"Ms. Kim, you're like one of the only people I can trust with my life, I need you," Ms. Yang says.

Ms. Kim shakes her head, "I can't. I'm already overwhelmed with this one. Plus if I put it quite frankly, I'm under paid."

"Okay, double times your pay now and your daughter gets to move in also," Mrs. Yang compromises.

"Triple the pay," Ms. Kim gambles.

"Deal," Mrs. Yang replies then stands up pulling her hand out to shake with Ms. Kim's.

"You'll move in tomorrow."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 4.8K 31
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝗜 𝗸𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝗴𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗟𝗲𝗲 𝗛𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗴 ❞ 𝗹. 𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗲 𝗮𝘂
1M 55.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
427K 20.4K 43
"jungwon.. c-can you do me a small favor..?" "depends. what is it?" "be my boyfriend."
85.2K 2.3K 49
ᴵ ʷᵃˢ ˡᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᶠᵒʳ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ , ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷʰᵒ ᶠᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵐᵉ COMPLETED