A PERFECT STORM A LOVE STORY

By TMSaunders

I'm far from perfect and just cruise along, watching my friends get married and fall in love while I'm stuck... More

INTRODUCTION
FATE
POKER NIGHT
DINNER DATE
GAME NIGHT
GUILTY
THE MEDIA
APOLOGY
THE EX
A RING JEWELLERY BOX
OUT OF CONTROL
TEASING
MEETING THE TWIN
WEEKEND
SURPRISES
QUESTIONS
PAMPER
FAMILY
STORM
RIGHT TIME
CHAOS
TALK
A STEP FORWARD
DECOY
MISHAPS
ROMANCE
NEW ASSISTANT
WEDDING PLANS
UNWANTED CALLS
STEVIE
FEAR
BITTER SWEET
WATCHING HER
QUALITY TIME
NEW YORK
RANSOM
SHAKEN
NORMALITY
TOGETHER
FEVER
PAID IN FULL
EMBARRASSMENT
JUST DO IT
KEEPING A SECRET
WHAT A SPITEFUL TRICK
THE WEDDING
NEW START
CLASS ACT
PERFECT DAY
LONG DAY
Epilogue

DOUBT

595 48 2
By TMSaunders

D O M I N I C  P O V

Stepped off the plane onto the tarmac back in England is the best feeling ever. Stevie is smiling and can't wait to get home to her familiar surroundings.

Can't blame her for the trip we'd had, a nightmare I want to get behind us and forget.

But for Stevie, it's not that simple when she closes her eyes to encounter her captor over and over. Just hope she can relax a bit more when we reach the penthouse and get back to normal?

We slide into the car, waiting to drive through town. "Dominic, when are you due back at the office?" Curl my fingers around her hand, "Not for a few days, but I don't want to leave you." Her eyes shine with the sun bouncing off the window, and her smile tells me she doesn't want to be left alone.

Turn to gaze out the window as we pulled into the underground car park. "Home sweet home," I said scanning around, waiting for the bodyguards to get in position. "I still have the wedding to sort." She said as the door opens and we step out. 

Pulled my jacket straight when I heard a feminine voice stepping towards us. Closed my eyes, not believing the nerve of this woman, "Mylean, fuck off." Raised my voice as Stevie steps out and Mylean steps back with a surprised expression to encounter her. "Well, if it isn't the tramp," Snapped my head round to where she stood, making fists and boiling with her words.

Stevie just moved away, not saying a word, "Dominic, she's a little gold digger. An opportunist. She's using you to get whatever she can," Mylean spits and Stevie shakes her head. "Mylean, I will not tell you again. Now fuck off before I call the police and have you arrested for harassment. And for another thing, you are barking up the wrong tree. Now fuck off," My rage just takes over.

Stepped over to Stevie, taking her in my arms, kissing the top of her head, "Dominic, I'm not with you for the money." Her whispered words are sorrowful, and Mylean's gotten to her. Cup her cheeks and smooth her warm tears from under her eyes. "Aww, baby, she's trying to get under your skin. Please, Stevie, don't let her get to you, and in any case, we're already married." Lower my lips and kiss her.

****   

Reached the penthouse to be greeted by my parents and Stevie's assistant. But all Stevie wanted to do was stay in the bedroom, curled on the bed with a fleece over her. 

Can't help but wonder if this is to do with Mylean just showing up like she did? Every time that woman shows up, it affects Stevie, and I get the silent treatment, which I hate.

Rested on the sofa with my mobile in my hand, listening to my parents talking about the wedding, but my eyes are on my phone staring.

Stared at my emails, but not reading them. I'm lost in thought about Stevie and how affected she is about Mylean calling her a gold digger. 

Not for one minute or second do I believe my Stevie is with me for money. Hell, she keeps asking me to approve a job for her, but I can't. 

If I'm honest with myself, it's because I don't trust any guy near her. I get jealous when she speaks to any guy, and I can't handle it.

I'm selfish to hold her back, but she's my wife and I love her more than anything, and I proved it.

"Dominic, did Stevie pick her flowers?" My mother brings me out of my thoughts. Shake my head and is about to answer when Stevie ambles down the stairs.

She's beautiful, sexy, loving, cares deeply for me, and she's funny, likes to have fun. "Stevie, mums wants to know if you chose the flowers for the wedding," I said as I placed my mobile on the table. She shakes her head, "I haven't had time, but I don't mind what you chose." The excitement is not in her voice, and her eyes look sad. 

Stand to take her in my arms, but she walks towards the door straight past me, "I'm going to meet Shaw for coffee." She said opening the door, not even taking a bag. "Okay, do you want me to order dinner in?" "Shaw asked me to dinner, but you are welcome to come," Shake my head as I lower it and glanced at my parents.

Stepped towards Stevie, and she steps back shaking her head, "Dominic, I need some time to think," "I understand." She reaches her hand up to smooth across my cheek and leaves. 

Stared at the closed door for a few minutes before my mother speaks, "Dominic, give her time. With everything that's going on and being kidnapped, it's not easy for anyone. Plus, Mylean, turning up saying things that will make her doubt herself. Son, I know it hurts, but give her time to herself." My mother places her hand on my shoulder and squeezes.

*****

A short while later, my parents leave and I'm alone, staring out the window with a large glass of brandy. "Fucking Mylean is too much." But I have this niggling inside with what Mylean said about Stevie being a gold digger. Am I doubting Stevie's motives for being with me?

Take a mouthful of drink when the door opens and Stevie steps into the room. But she stands by the door not moving, "Stevie, are you okay?" She shakes her head, "No Dominic, I'm not, and we need to talk." Take a deep breath as she hands me a file. "What's this for?" Take the file to open it, and my eyes are wide. Prenuptial. 

Not sure why she's giving this to me, "Stevie, what's this for?" "Dominic, it's to prove I'm not with you for your money or any of your assets. This is merely a marriage, and that's it." Flip through the file to scan over all the details, and I'm shocked. 

Stepped back to the chair to sit to read more, "You don't want anything from me, no gifts, no money, no going to dinner. Stevie, what the fuck." Threw the file across the table with rage and rub my face. "Stevie, I love you and want to take care of you." She shakes her head. "I love you so much, Dominic. But I can't have people judging me, staring, wondering if I'm with you for your money. It's not what I want, and this is the best way to stop all the rumours," Stevie has a point. People do judge her.

Rise to my feet as I comb my fingers through my hair, "What about children? How will it impact them?" I asked. "If and when we have children, we will split it down the middle so there's no comeback on either of us," Shake my head and laugh with rage. "Stevie, do you even hear yourself? How the hell are you going to pay half when they start a private school? This marriage is getting a joke," I said and stepped away into the kitchen.

Just need time to cool off and think about what Stevie said. This is not what I wanted, and all thanks to Mylean and her mouth, I'm slowly losing my wife and doubting my feelings towards Stevie.

I love her, so why am I doubting? 

*****    

Spent the night in the office in the penthouse, staring at the file Stevie gave me going over every sentence. 

I should get my lawyers to go over it, but it's straightforward. She wants nothing from me, not a goddamn thing. 

I guess I should be relieved that she wants nothing, but it doesn't feel right. I'm her fucking husband, and I'm insanely in love with her, and I know she loves me because she proved it. 

Stevie put a gun to her head and pulled the trigger to prove she wanted to protect me. 

Lean back in my chair when there's a knock at the door, "Yes," I said, closing the file. "Dominic, I'm leaving," Nod at her, and she closes the door. 

Seven months we've been married, and I still don't know everything about her or why she did this? 

Stand to make my way to the kitchen, but stop in my tracks to notice my bodyguards, "Who's protecting Stevie?" I asked with concern, "She said she didn't need a bodyguard. She can't afford to pay us," Mike said. Rubbed my face with the stupid move she did. 

Rushed upstairs to shower and change. I need to find Stevie before something happens to her.

*****  

In the car on the way over to Shaw's to find out what the hell they talked about and why Stevie is doing this?

The drive over is steady, but the traffic is backed up by roadworks. Stuck in the traffic is not helping my anxiety, which is high at the moment. 

Got my phone out and tried to ring her, but she doesn't answer, "Fuck sake Stevie, just answer the phone," I mumble and try again. But nothing. 

She's not answering my calls or my texts, and I'm worried about her.

The car pulled outside the flat where Stevie once lived with five guys. The car door opens and I step out, making my way to the door, and knock. 

Fletch opens it, rubbing his eyes, "Hey mate, this is early," He states the obvious, "Is Stevie here?" "No, not since yesterday. But you're welcome to come in and look around," He steps back, letting me enter.

****

Stood in the kitchen where he's made me a coffee, and Shaw steps in, "Dominic, I knew I would be seeing you." Not sure what Shaw meant by that, "Do you know where Stevie is?" He sits at the table, taking his mug and sipping the hot coffee before gesturing me to sit. 

Take a chair across from this guy who is tall, masculine and well put together. Jealousy enters my heart knowing Stevie's been here talking to Shaw, and he's cuddled her. 

He shakes his head, "Stevie, was hurt with Mylean's accusation. She asked if I knew a lawyer who she could talk to. I asked her why, and she explained it to me. I told Stevie to talk to you before she even sits down with a lawyer, but she said noticed regret in your eyes," Lean back lowering my head.

Placed my hand on my lap and the other around the hot mug of coffee, "She never spoke to me and I don't have regrets, just doubt. But when Stevie handed me the file, I was shocked, surprised she even went to a lawyer. It never crossed my mind at any time about Stevie signing a prenup," Take a sip from my cup and placed it down on the table.

Shaw sits straight leans on the table, "Dominic, what are you doing? Is this a game or are you testing her? Because I swear to god if you hurt her, they'll never find your body. She's not had a very good upbringing with her parents telling her she was a failure. And believe me, I've heard them say it to her. And her father, he's just an abusive guy. Stevie will never tell anyone how she would cower in the corner when her father raised his voice and how he beat her." My eyes go like pins, staring at what he's telling me.

This is all new to me, and Stevie never said a thing, "Dominic, why do you think she's so nervous around people, especially men. And I shouldn't have told you, but you need to know. And another thing, she needs a job to pay back her parents," Gazed at him confused, "Why?" I asked, leaning on the table. "Because they paid for fertility and failed, so they made Stevie pay them back for the failure," I stood, combed my fingers through my hair.

Slide my hands in my pockets and assert my attention on Shaw as he stood getting his phone out to show me photos of Stevie when she was younger with a bruised face. "That's what her father did solely because she didn't want to place her cutlery on her plate when she drank her water. She hadn't even finished her meal, and he grabbed her. Her mother would hide in the laundry room away from her screams." Take a deep breath and lean against the counter.

I didn't have any idea how to process what Shaw said, "Stevie's never had a lot and whatever she had she earned. We became best of friends when we were in primary school. She wasn't doing PE, and I wasn't well, so we were sitting on the bench watching. I asked her why she didn't want to do PE, and she showed me a bruise. We were only four, so I didn't understand why she had a bruise. She laughed saying she fell down the stairs, and I shrugged my shoulders," Shaw said, filling his cup and mine with more coffee.

Sit back at the table with a very heavy heart, "Stevie, and I became very good friends, and I lived down the street from her and would call on her to play in the field. But one day her father answered the door and said Stevie wouldn't be coming out, she wasn't well. I didn't see Stevie for two weeks, not even at school. When she came back to school, she told me she couldn't be friends anymore, and I asked why. She said her father forbids it and if she disrespected him, she would be punished. After school, I went home and spoke to my parents, asking questions about being disrespectful and punishment. My parent's expression was shocked when I asked." He takes a sip of his coffee.

All these months of having Stevie in my life and loving her, I'm not losing her now. "Shaw, do you know where she is?" He nods, "She's working back at the supermarket in the warehouse." He said. "Dominic, don't take pity on her. That's the last thing she wants. All she wants to do is prove she's not with you for the money," I nod and leave.

The journey home gave me time to reflect on what Shaw told me, and it explains why Stevie is nervous. 

Her parents have some explaining to do, forcing her to pay to be born. What the fuck is wrong with them?

********

THANK YOU FOR READING

WOULD LIKE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

533K 16.7K 58
Jocelyn Smith, a 32 year old divorced college professor, was married to her high school sweet heart right after college once they realized that she w...
46K 1.1K 31
"'Jason!', I moaned out. I could feel his member twitch inside of me as he let out a shaky breath. I always knew the effect my moans had on him. Our...
293K 6.5K 27
COMPLETED 5.14.18 SEQUEL TO MY BROTHERS BEST FRIEND Book 2/4 of the Adam's series - "I promise, I will ask you soon enough." He kisses my lips gentl...
2.3M 17.3K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...