Stuck in The Multiverse

By InesMabout

When a girl suddenly appears in the Avengers Compound living room, everyone is stunned. More as the girl appe... More

Chapter 1 - Where the fuck am I?
Chapter 2 - A rather lively first day
Chapter 4 - Waiting's quite boring ya know
Chapter 3 - What the hell is that?!
Chapter 5 - Am I psycho or stupid, that is the question.
Chapter 6 - What happened to her?
Chapter 7 - Turbulent awakening
Chapter 8 - Not-so-calm recovery
Chapter 9 - Pranksters pair in the making
Chapter 10 - 'Baby Shark'
Chapter 11 - Pirozhki
Vocabulary needed for Chapter 12
Chapter 13 - Argument
Chapter 14 - Dreams and Im Di
Chapter 15 - Answers...And more questions

Chapter 12 - Mystery, when you take a hold...

3.1K 130 9
By InesMabout

❋❋❋

Hello everyone! Sorry for the lack of update on the story recently. As some of you might have seen on my profile, I published a note to tell you that I had problems with my laptop, and it took me quite some time to solve that. On an additional note, life has been tough recently for me. I do not seek pity or anything I just want to explain to you all why I didn't update. And I think we should normalise talking about mental health.

It didn't seem right for me to write this story while I was (clearly) not at my best. I felt like you and the Marvel characters deserved better than my shitty writing at that moment. So now that it's better I come back to you with a renewed inspiration.

If, ever, you feel the need to, drop me a DM. I'm here for you and I will support you. Fandoms support each other, people, in general, should stick together. That's what I want for you. If you just want to write it somewhere to let it all out, it works too.

With all my love, let's go on to the chapter.

Inès

❋❋❋

The room fell silent. Everyone's eyes were either on Loki or me. Some were switching from one to another. As for us, we were staring at one another. Loki displayed a shit-eating grin, the kind of look that made me want to slap him.

"Do you want to go first, or should I tell them what you've been hiding for over a week", Loki asks earning some more surprised looks.

We face each other not moving a jot, eyeing each other. The silence is broken as Tony exclaims. "For the love of Einstein, what the hell is he talking about Natasha?"

I sigh before turning to the boys.

"He's right." They all give me a look of disbelief. Clint is the worst, I feel like I've betrayed him and judging by his face he feels that way too. He's my best friend, I've not kept much from him before. "I've not been completely honest with you." I decide to sit before going further into my explanations. That's not how it was supposed to go. It's not how I planned to tell them about it.

"But, please, I need you to listen throughout and not interrupt", I give them a look of warning, "Inès shared with me a theory of her own the second day she was here, she talked to me the morning after she...well, after she shouted at Thor basically."

"She what? Uh-huh, nope, not possible, how would she still be alive after that", Clint snickers, making Thor grumble. I shoot him a glare.

"Not now Clinton." At the mention of his birth name he stiffens, understanding that I'm dead serious. "As I said, she shared with me a theory, and please, keep an open mind".

"I know it sounds insane." I look at them. "And she knows too", I add in disbelief. I summon all my courage before dropping the bomb. I explain to them all of her theory, all that she shared with me, from not remembering much of her life to us being fictional characters, and everything that she knew she couldn't possibly know.

I see their faces frown more and more as I talk. When I stop, the room is dead silent once again. Clint stares at me. When I stare back he starts huffing, and it's not long before he bursts into uncontrollable laughter, dragging the rest of them with him. Some try to ask questions and others are using colourful cuss words.

Tony finally make himself heard over the cacophony. "How can you believe something so stupid Nat, have you gone bonkers", he asks with a snicker.

"No Anthony I haven't gone bonkers", I spat at him, "between World War II veterans who look like twentysomethings and real Norse mythology Gods, I don't think crossing realities is so far-fetched."

He blinks, at my anger. He didn't anticipate it. However, he quickly shrugs it off. "I knew there was something shady about her, do you hear yourself Natasha, she's messed with your mind!"

"I want to believe you Nat but, I have to admit, I have rarely seen you being so adamant about something, it's...unusual", trails Clint. Steve nods in agreement.

"I do not take pride in saying that, nor could I care less but, you are indeed narrow-minded", interrupts Loki. I turn towards him; did he really side with me? After the way he pushed on me to reveal Ness idea? "No, Lady Romanoff, I do not do it to help you, I do it because they all are oafs", he sighs, "travelling between realities as you wish to call it, has been done before you, but not being called as it." He gives them a look and shook his head. "That's the reason you are complete morons, simply because something is called differently doesn't change its nature."

"I think I would have noticed if someone had done it in front of me Rock-of-Age, I'm a genius scientist", Tony answers sufficiently.

"It's what your doctor friend does, by creating so-called portals, as it is what Thor or I do when we take the Bifröst to go between Ásgard and your realm."

"Is it true Thor", Sam asks incredulously.

Thor assent. That's when Bruce chooses to speak. "I hate to admit it, but I agree with Loki, travelling between realities, realms or whatever you name it, has been done in front of us."

"I refuse to believe it" – Tony says shaking his head – "what would it make us again, comics and movie characters? Fictional beings Natasha, do you hear yourself?"

"Listen, Tony, choose to believe it or not, it's not my problem, I just carried the message, and as far as I'm concerned, I believe in Inès's sincerity", I reply.

"Now that you have finished fighting, maybe I can finally share with you what I discovered while on Ásgard", Loki states lifting a brow.

We all turn towards him. "Go on, brother", Thor presses.

"What I found can only explain how she appeared in the Compound, however, I do not vouch for the veracity of the prisoner's story", he gives me a look. "I searched Odin's private library, and I found some rare ancient books, talking about a kind the Allfather thought extinct." He pauses dramatically. "The Bifröstálfar ". As soon as the word falls from Loki's lips, I hear Thor inhale sharply.

"You are fooling around, right?"

"Why? What does that mean", asks Clint.

"Literally, it means, the elves of the Bifröst", Thor answers without even looking at him. "But brother, it is a legend, they are not real."

"Thor, until a few years back, for us, you were a legend too", I reply sternly. "What do you know about them?"

Loki sights. "It is a story known by few, and most of those who do, think it is a legend, but Odin, and now I, think it true."

"On Ásgard it is known as the ðamaðurgoðsögn." Loki sits and braces himself. "It bears this name because the Bifröstálfar were both the guardians of the Bifröst and they shared its ability to travel between realms." He stops, gauging the atmosphere. "We call them elves to simplify but we believe they referred to themselves as ðamaður, the true meaning of it has been long lost, however, it remains, in Asgardian, in the communal root of 'traveller' and 'guardian'."

We all look at each other aghast. "Go on brother, tell them the legend", bides Thor excitedly.

"It is said that before Ymir birthed the Æsir and the Vanir, at the very moment of his death, tears fell from his eyes at the thought of leaving this world." I hang onto Loki's every word. "He was worried to leave this yet-to-come universe without someone capable to protect it all as he did"– he gives us a glance – "from his tears, when they touched the ground, were born the ðamaður."

Loki's story is captivating, and his voice is smooth as he tells this enthralling story and it feels as if I could see all the events unfold before me.

"Neither Jötun nor Andar they were, but a unique kind not found elsewhere. They had eyes, of a colour never seen before, which allowed them to see beyond realms; they possessed an unmatched grace as if they were floating above the ground, and inheld incredible magic. Aware that only them, saw beyond realms, they took it upon themselves to protect it. They became skilled warriors but never sought conflict. They kept their magic to themselves, afraid it would be used for ill purposes. This magic was so strong that it allowed them to wander Yggdrasil freely, not bound by any. Soon the Vanir and Æsir appeared and organized their societies, they gained power and influence. The ðamaður watched these civilizations rise and grow as they were themselves decaying, unable to mix with others, their magic too strong to beget viable descendants. Seeing their decline imminent, their greatest magicians decided to create the Bifröst, pouring their very own essence into it. The Bifröst was then put under the protection of the Æsir, sole able and sufficiently strong to carry on protecting the realms. That is how the Bifröst was made and how the most illustrious civilization disappeared." His voice fades. "And it is the ðamaðurgoðsögn."

We are all speechless when Loki finishes the story. It is beautiful and sad, but most importantly enigmatic. It gives a vague idea of what they were capable of but it doesn't really explain much.

"Wait a minute, if they were unable to survive by mixing with other species, how could she be a ðamaður", asks Bruce.

"Odin added notes about this legend, he apparently found records that hybrids between ljósálfar and ðamaður may have survived hidden. But apparently, their magic was so incredible that they were able to gift their abilities to others, partly or wholly, had they been worthy." "Odin refers to it as what gave him the idea for the enchantment on Mjöllnir", he chuckles, "a clever idea, I have to admit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Rescue By J

Fanfiction

166K 6.1K 30
"π—ͺ𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 π˜†π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ 𝗡𝗲𝗹𝗽, (𝗬/𝗻)." this man said with full of hope in his voice. "𝗔𝗻𝗱 π—œ 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 π˜π—Ό π—―π—Ήπ—Άπ—»π—Έπ˜€ π—Ίπ˜† π—²π˜†π—²π˜€ π˜π—Ό π˜ƒ...
Dangerous By <3

Fanfiction

470K 9.9K 26
"I'm dangerous" "So am I" ---- Y/n's life was hard enough as it is, hiding from Hydra isn't exactly a walk in the park. But now she's somehow joine...
312K 8.5K 41
"Sorry, Ned. I've got places to be and daddy issues to avoid!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Y/N)'s got it all! A lifelong friend, a dea...
23.2K 905 86
Ana Barton, was the most purest souls Thor had ever encountered. She was strong willed, smart, brave and compassionate. Though he had only known her...