Chapter 10 - 'Baby Shark'

❋❋❋

Sorry for the delay on the chapter, I promised you one every week but I was so indecisive with this one, urgh. Sorry guys 😖 I've re-written it, like, five times in the span of two weeks. I had a clear view of what I wanted but didn't know how to put it into words and after I wasn't satisfied with how it turned out so, yes two weeks for one chapter, doing that each and every day.

Don't forget to do something that brings you joy every day!

XX Inès

❋❋❋

✻✻✻ Last Chapter ✻✻✻

"Well, it's just– you know yesterday, when Scott was there, he said he wanted to make a joke to Clint for his comeback, and since, I've been thinking about what you said on my first day here...about me reminding you of someone."

"Oh...well, and so, to what conclusions do you have come to?"

✻✻✻ Resume ✻✻✻

"I don't really have a conclusion", I chuckle, "it's more that I am uneasy", I trail off. "I feel like, Agent Barton doesn't like me, or at least the person I remind you of." I pause. "I mean how could it be otherwise seeing that he left just after that", I add as I look down. "I don't want him to hate me, I mean, if I have done something to upset him I would be more than glad to apologize, I just– I just don't want to cause trouble here."

I look back at Nat. She scrunches up her nose and shifts in her seat. "I would really want to explain to you his attitude, but it's not my place to tell the story, I'm sorry", she takes my hands, "I can promise you, however, that he doesn't hate you, no one here does, I mean you have, literally, not done a thing." We both giggle. "For now, all you have to focus on is getting better, Bruce told me you tore one of your stitches yesterday, I don't want that to happen again, understood?"

"Yes Mom", I trail with a child-like voice. She shakes her head in disbelief.

"Do you want me to talk to Clint about what we discussed", she asks, reverting to concern.

"No, nope, absolutely not." I exhale deeply. "I want to ask him directly, it seems very personal to him and more importantly I want him to tell me because he chooses to, not because a certain redhead spy threatened him", I tease with a smile.

"As you wish Ness, now go to rest until I come back from training", she states patting my head.

"At your command, Ma'am!" I lean back into my bed as she exits, laughing. A long afternoon on the horizon. If my information –gathered thanks to F.R.I.D.A.Y. and Scott– is correct, Nat, Rogers, Wilson and Barnes are training this afternoon, Bruce is working in the lab and, Tony has a meeting with Colonel Rhodes and Secretary Ross. Scott told me he would be away to see Cassie, her ex-wife agreed to let him bring her to the Zoo. I've not seen the Asgardians since my waking in the hospital so I suppose they are yet to return. It means I can do whatever I want to, no one will come and disturb me. Endless possibilities for mischief. Too many possibilities. I wonder what I'll do, in fact.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. what are my authorisations?"

"Mr Stark specifically ordered that you cannot go outside of your room alone except for the kitchen, other than that I have no instructions, do you plan on doing something Miss?"

"No, I would not dare to", I chuckle lightly. So you don't want me to go outside of the room Stark? Oh come on, you should know better. And you should know that with IT you have to be very specific about authorisations, even to deny all access and then allow a few specifics. Too bad you didn't state it clearly, thanks to you I'm gonna entertain myself. And a lot with that.