Dustin X Reader

By shrekshark1

If you read anything that hasn't been edited yet, please bear with me it was my first book I cringe when I ed... More

Part 1: The Vanishing of Will Byers
the weirdo on maple street
Holly Jolly
The Body
The flea and the acrobat
The Monster
The Bathtub
The Upside Down
Trick or Treat Freak
The Pollywog
Will the Wise
Dig Dug
The Spy
The Mind Flayer
The Gate
A/N
Part 3: E. T. that you?
The Mall Rats
The Case of the Missing Lifeguard
The Sauna Test
The Flayed
E Pluribus Unum
The Bite
The battle of starcourt
Part 4: The hellfire club
Vecna's curse
The Monster and the Superhero
Dear Billy
The Nina Project
The Dive
The Massacre at Hawkins Lab
Papa
Piggyback pt:1
piggy back pt:2 the start of an end
A/N

Part 2: Mad Max

973 14 17
By shrekshark1

October 28 1984:

Y/n grabbed a ziploc bag with quarters in, it she put in sharpie Y/n ARCADE $ and threw it in her bag.

Then she heard her walkie go off. "Y/n do you copy? I've got 4 quarters, and Lucas has 20 what about you?" Dustin's voice rang over her walkie.

The grabbed the walkie and extended the antenna. She pushed the button and spoke into it, "Take Lucas's amount and multiply it by 5." She said with a smirk.

"Holy shit you have that kind of cash?" Dustin said.

She pushed the speaker button again. "I went into the fountain by the mall in Indianapolis, when I went last weekend." Y/n said with a laugh.

She grabbed a bag of cheeto puffs and threw them in as well as Dustin spoke again.

"I knew it was something." He said with a laugh.

That laugh made her cheeks go red.

She pressed the button. "Meet me outside in 5."

"Copy that." Dustin's voice rang over.

She grabbed her backpack and jacket and went downstairs to meet Dustin.

♤♤♤♤♤

The 4 raced into the bike stands to put their bikes and go inside the Palace Arcade.

They heard a honk, and Will was there with his mom. "Hey!" Mike yelled waving.

Wills mom was talking with Will and Will looked eager to get out.

Will finally got out and closed the car door.

♤♤♤♤♤

"To slay the dragon, use the magic sword." The princess on the screen told Dustin.

"Oh, Jesus! I'm uncharted territory here guys." Dustin said.

"Down! Down! Down!" Lucas yelled.

"I'm going! I'm going!" Dustin yelled back and moving the knob down.

The knight on the screen missed the dragon by several inches.

The knight ran away as the dragon breathed fire, and got smashed by a Boulder.

The princess yelped on the screen.

The 4 yelled even more at Dustin.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" Dustin yelled as the dragon killed the knight on the screen.

"No! No! No! I hate this overpriced bullshit! Son of a bitch!" Dustin yelled as he kicked the game.

"You're not nimble enough. But you'll get there one day. But until then Princess Daphne is still mine." Lucas said with a shit eating grin.

"Whatever. I'm still tops on Dig Dug, and second on Centipede, because y/n beat my high score!" Dustin said glaring y/n who was also wearing a shit eating grin.

She put her hands up in defence, "its not my fault you suck." Y/n said.

"You sure about that?" A voice from behind them said.

They looked back to see Keith.

"Sure about what?" Dustin said.

Y/n and Dustin exchanged looks and ran to the games.

"You're kidding me." Y/n said as she ran.

"No, no ,no." Dustin said running to Dig Dug. "No! No!" Dustin yelled as he got to the game.

Y/n came up behind them still in 1st on Centipede with a smirk on her face, her face dropped along with her jaw.

"751,300 points! What sorcery is this?" Y/n said with shock.

"That's impossible." Mike said.

"Who's Mad Max?" Dustin said turning to Keith.

"Better than you." Keith said with a bag of cheetos.

"Is it you?" Will asked pointed to Keith.

Keith scoffed, "you know I despise Dig Dug."

"Then who is it?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah spill it Keith." Dustin said.

"You want information, then I need something I return." Keith said.

Y/n held up the bag of cheeto puffs.

"Not that, you know what I want." Keith said.

Y/n rolled her eyes and looked at Mike with the others.

Mike looked at them and said, "No, no, no. No way. You're not getting a date with her."

"Mike come on. Just get him the date." Lucas said.

"I'm not prostituting my sister!" He yelled.

"Okay 2 bags." Y/n said holding up 2 fingers and Keith shook his head.

"Come on Keith, she'll never go out with you." Y/n said.

"But it's for a good cause." Lucas told y/n and Mike.

"No, don't get him the date. Know what? He's gonna spread his nasty ass rash to your whole family." Dustin said pointing to the zits on his forehead.

"Acne isn't a rash and it isn't contagious, you prepubescent wastoid." Keith spat back.

"Oh, I'm a wastoid? She wouldn't go on a date with you." Dustin started.

"You make what? $2.50 an hour." Y/n said

"Nice perm" Keith said pointing to Dustin's hair.

"Gonna make fun of my hair?" Dustin asked.

They kept arguing even Will walked outside, and Mike went after him.

♤♤♤♤♤

Mr. Clark put a model brain on a stand. "Meet the human brain. I know it doesn't look like much. A little gross even, right? But consider this. There are a hundred billion cells inside of this miracle of evolution. All working as one. No, no, I did not mispeak. I did not stutter. A hundred billion." He said smiling as a girl popped her gum.

Then the door closed and heads turned towards the sound.

"Ah this must be our new student." Mr. Clark said as a girl with long red hair, freckles, a red jacket with white stripes down the sides, jeans, and black vans came in the room with the principal behind her.

"Indeed, all yours." The principal said.

The girl tried walking to the seat in the corner, but Mr. Clark stopped her.

"All right. Hold up. You don't get away that easy. Come on up. Don't be shy. Dustin drumroll."

Dustin did a drum roll on his book with his fingers.

"Class please welcome, all the way from sunny California, the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine."

"It's Max." She corrected.

"Sorry?" Mr. Clark asked.

"Nobody calls me Maxine. It's Max." Max said. 

"Well all aboard Max." Mr. Clark said before she walked to her seat with an eye roll.

Lucas whispered to Dustin "Mad Max."

She walked to the seat in the corner as the boys all looked at her creepily.

Y/n looked at them staring and looked back at Max who was uncomfortable.

Y/n whispered to the boys, "Guys, stop you're freaking her out."

She shooed them away and put her feet back up on her desk.

She got out a piece of paper, and wrote on it, hey sorry about them. They just think they have a chance because you're new and don't know how weird they are. You seem cool though.
-y/n.

She folded up the note and passed it to the guy behind her, "pass that to Max." She whispered.

After a few minutes she heard Max chuckle, she looked back and gave her a wave, Max waved back.

♤♤♤♤♤

The 4 watched as Max did a trick on her skateboard.

Y/n was sitting in the corner picking at her nails.

"There's no way that's Mad Max." Mike said.

"Yeah girls don't play video games." Will said.

"I'm right here." Y/n said.

"Sorry" Will said looking back.

"Still they don't get 750,000 points on Dig Dug. It's impossible." Mike said.

"But her names Max." Lucas argued.

"So what." Mike said.

"So, how many Maxes do you know?" Lucas said.

"I don't know." Mike said

"Zero. That's how many." Lucas said.

"She shows up at school the day after someone with the same names breaks my top score. I mean are you kidding me." Dustin said.

"Exactly. So she's gotta be Mad Max." Lucas said.

"Plus she skateboards so she's pretty awesome." Dustin said.

"I skateboard too." Y/n snapped with an eye roll.

"Awesome? You haven't even spoken a word to her." Mike said.

Y/n stood up, "well I have spoken to her unlike you losers who can't get the guts to even talk to her, I mean come on she's just a girl." Y/n said walking off.

"Where are you going?" Dustin asked.

"To talk to her?" Y/n said back as she walked up to Max.

She found Max by the stairs

"Hey Max." She said.

Max stopped and smiled at her, "Hey," she looked at the boys,"what are they doing?" She said raising and eyebrow at them.

Y/n looked back, "Being creeps." She said with an eyeroll.

Max laughed.

Y/n looked at her watch "Want to walk to English? I have to get a paper."

Max nodded.

Y/n stopped at the top of the staircase. "Wait." She took out a piece of paper and wrote 'stop spying on me creeps' And crumbled it up. "Throw this away and they'll find it."

Max looked at the note, giggled, and recrumbled it.

"This is funny." She said as she threw it away.

They walked inside to their lockers that were next to eachother.

♤♤♤♤♤

Hey guys! I can totally see y/n and Max having sleepovers. And I'm going to have her have a sleepover at El's but I want her to be in the scoops troops group as well so I'm not sure yet might do a little of both. Eat or drink something if you haven't today. And if it's 3am go to bed.
Word count: 1540

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 7.5K 22
STORY LINE FROM STRANGER THINGS BUT ADDED PARTS FROM ME I would also recommend watching Stranger Things before reading this. (Y/N = YOUR NAME) You e...
217 21 8
I've decided to write season one and then I'll go through major editing and make it less cringy. I'll let you know when it's done This takes place in...
193K 4.2K 39
🪓📸🍂 ──── 𝚂𝚃! ┊͙ ・... ˏˋ ˖*°࿐ 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮 ⌗⌗ ˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ 𝐈𝐌 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ━━━━━━━━━━ 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘚𝘵𝘦�...
2.5K 41 30
set just after the end of season 4 no caps (sorry if this annoys u) i do not own st/the characters (i wrote this in august 2022 and only just publish...