Vecna's curse

You opened the door after hearing repetitive knocking.

The door swung open to revel Max standing in your doorway, "I need your and anyone's help I can get."

Your eyebrows furrowed, "what happened are you hurt?"

Max shook her head, "no but I'll explain everything in a second, is anyone else around?"

You nodded.

♤♤♤♤♤

"Crissy Cunningham?" Dustin asked as you sat on his bed, while he paced over what Max had just explained.

"Are you sure it was Chrissy?" You asked Max.

"Yes, she was in her cheerleader outfit. Same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie." Max confirmed.

"Did you tell all of this to the cops?" Dustin asked.

"No." Max said, "No, but I- I can't be the only one who saw them together. I mean they stood out."

"Eddie the freak, with Chrissy the cheerleader?" You asked, "what kind of highschool cliché bullshit is this."

"Exactly. You know, his names not in the news yet or anything, but I guarantee you Eddie is suspect number one right now." Max said.

"That's crazy. Eddie didn't do this. No way." Dustin defended.

Max gave him a look.

"No way." Dustin stood his ground.

"We can't rule it out." Max said.

"Yes, we can." Dustin said.

"Dustin!" Max said.

"You don't know him like I do Max. Okay? When we got to high school, Lucas made all of his sports friends. Mike, y/n and I? I mean, no one was nice to us. No one except Eddie." Dustin defended.

"Ok, well, they said the same shit about Ted Bundy." Max deadpanned.

"Yeah, he's like a super nice guy, then he's murdering women on the weekend." You said agreeing with Max.

"You too? So you guys are saying, Eddie is like Ted Bundy?" Dustin said.

"No, we're not saying that." You said.

"We're saying that we can't presume anything." Max said, "but it doesn't look good for Eddie."

Dustin sat down next to you.

He looked up at Max, "why haven't you told the cops this?"

She crossed her arms, "I don't know."

"You don't know?" Dustin gave her a look.

She sighed and sat on the other side of you, "after I saw Eddie and chrissy go in the trailer, something else happened."

Max told her flashback, "nothing that weird or anything. I mean, the Eddie always drives like a maniac, and the power goes off at my place all the time. It's a piece of shit. But... this morning I started to think back, and I don't know. The look on his face. He was scared. Really scared. Maybe he was scared because, you know he just killed someone, or maybe because..."