The Pollywog

"I still don't get why they call him zombie boy. I mean, I get it he got lost in the woods for a week or something, but why is he a zombie? Because everyone thought he was dead?" Max asked Lucas and y/n as they walked down the hall together.

"Yeah. I mean, we had a funeral for him and everything." Lucas said.

"After a week." Max said surprised.

"Well, another kid drowned at the quarry. We thought it was Will because he had similar clothes and he was super decomposed." Y/n said.

"What?" Max said stopping. "Okay that's not funny."

"It's not a joke all right? It's public knowledge." Y/n said, a serious expression on her face.

"You can ask anybody. Except Will because he is really sensitive about it. All right?" Lucas said as Max turned to him.

"Okay." She said a little freaked out.

♤♤♤♤♤

"The case of Phineas Gage is one of the great medical curiosities of all time. Phineas was a railroad worker in 1848 who had a nightmarish accident. A large iron rod was driven completely through his head." Mr. Clark said drawing a line through a drawn skull.

"Phineas miraculously survived. He seemed fine. And physically, yes, he was. But his injury resulted in a complete change to his personality. So much so that friends knew him started referring to him as 'no longer Gage'. At the time this was known as the American Crowbar Case. Although it wasn't a crowbar-" Mr Clark got cut off by Dustin slamming the door open.

He panted, "I am so sorry, Mr. Clark. Really, I'm so sorry. Please continue with the class. Don't mind me. Really, continue, please. Thanks." Dustin said sitting down at his desk.

"Although it wasn't a crowbar, it was a rod, as I said." Mr. Clark said as he continued class.

"We have to meet. All of us. At lunch, AV Club." Dustin whispered to the 5 leaning forward to hear Dustin.

"Why?" Mike asked.

"I have something that you won't believe." Dustin said.

"You got a number." Y/n said snickering.

Dustin rolled his eyes, smiled, and turned to Max, "AV Club. Lunch." He whispered.

"Dustin." Mr. Clark said gaining his attention.

"Yes my lord." Dustin said earning a snicker from y/n.

"Would you like to join the class now?" Mr. Clark said raising an eyebrow.

"Please, yes." Dustin said getting his book from his backpack.

"The case of Phineas Gage." Mr. Clark told him.

"Phineas Gage." Dustin repeated.

"Page 104." Mr. Clark said.

"104? 104." Dustin repeated once more, turning his book to the page.

"Focus." Mr. Clark said done with 8th grade at that point.

"Foucusing. Focusing." Dustin said opedently, he turned to face Max once more, "AV Club." He said softer that time.