The battle of starcourt

El was on the mall floor beside the gap screaming and sobbing in pain.

Something moved inside of her leg.

"What is that?" Erica asked.

"There's something in there." Mike stated.

"Actually, no, that wasn't obvious at all." You said sarcastically.

Mike rolled his eyes atyour comment.

The thing moved inside her leg once more.

"Jeses Christ." Dustin said looking at it.

Johnathan got up, "keep her talking. Keep her awake ok?" He ran to go get something.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stay awake. Let's get on this side, on this side." Mike said.

They moved her so she was partially sitting up.

Robin spoke up, "uh, you know itsnot actually that bad. There was a... a goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something it was insane."

"Robin." Steve looked at her.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"You're not helping." Steve stated.

"I'm sorry." Robin said as Johnathan came back.

"Ok El? This is gonna hurt like hell ok?" Johnathan said.

"Okay." El sobbed.

"Need you to stay real still." Johnathan said putting on gloves, "here you're gonna want to bite on this." He handed her a wooden spoon.

"Holy shit. Holy shit." Dustin said as Johnathan brought a knife to El's ankle.

Johnathan looked up.

"Do it." Mike said.

Johnathan nodded and brought the knife down to El's leg, cutting the wound open.

El continued to sob and scream in pain.

Johnathan paused for a second before putting his gloved fingers into the wound searching for whatever was moving.

Everyone else started to cringe and some to gag.

"Johnathan!" Nancy tried to grab his attention.

"Stop talking!" He yelled back.

"Godamnit!" He yelled.

"No! Stop it!" El yelled spitting the spoon out of her mouth.

Johnathan obligated and backed away.

"I can do it." El said.

El sat up all the way and raised her hand to her leg.

She screamed as she slowly took out the thing inside her leg.

The glass of the Gap shattered and everyone covered their heads except for El.

She threw the thing inside of her leg away from the group and it started to crawl until Hoppers boot crushed it.

Everyone looked up to revel Hopper, Joyce, and some other guy.

♤♤♤♤♤

"The mind flayer built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike explained.

"And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy said, refering to the thing that came out of El's leg.