Primrose

By annamurphy112808

After Prim's parents' sudden death, she was sent to foster care by a loving mother who owns a flower shop. He... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 16

7.8K 195 32
By annamurphy112808

"Are we almost there yet?" I ask getting bored. Heath had picked me up from my house almost half an hour ago in his truck. "We've been driving for 30 minutes," I complain, staring out the window.

"Almost," He said yet again, keeping his gaze fixed on the road.

"Heath, that was like the third time you've said that. So basically the first time you said it you meant that we were almost almost almost there," I stated.

"Here, have a candy," He says and sticks a lollipop in my face.

"I don't want that," I say shoving it away from me. "And I'm not hungry. You told me to eat a whole meal because we were going to be out here until dawn," I added.

"Fine then," He says and throws it into the backseat. I huff out in annoyance.

"I'm bored, and this seat is making my back hurt," I say as I massage my aching back. And to think me working out wouldn't cause this. The whole time Heath was driving, I was here complaining about how I didn't want to run. And how he chose our destination so far away.

"Well aren't you a ray of sunshine today," Heath says sarcastically. I wack his shoulder. "Watch it, I'm driving here,"

"And I'm about to throw up in your truck if you don't hurry up and get to our destination!" I yell at him.

"We're almost there," He says calmly with a grin on his face. He's clearly enjoying my suffering.

"I'm going to sleep, wake me up when you decide to stop stalling and keep me locked up on the road," I grumble in annoyance. I lean my head on the headrest and close my eyes. Then all of a sudden I felt the car swerve sharply, causing my eyes to snap open. "Heath! What the hell was that?" I ask panicked.

"Relax, I was just changing lanes," He says shrugging his shoulders.

"Are you crazy? Who would literally make a sharp swerve while changing lanes?" I ask anger and irritation lacing my tone. He can be such an ass sometimes. Most of the time.

"Go back to sleep Prim," He says.

"I will," I say rolling my eyes.

"Good," He says, and I can literally hear him trying to contain his laughter.

"What?" I ask annoyed.

"Nothing, rest those pretty little eyes of yours," I sigh and place my head back on the headrest. I close my eyes and soon enough, I fall asleep.

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

"Wake up," I hear someone shake my shoulder. I grumble in annoyance and turn to face the other way. "Prim, get up or I'll carry you out the car myself," My eyes open tiredly and I take in my surroundings. I'm in the woods and still in Heath's car. There are other cars parked among ours.

"We're here?" I ask rubbing my tired eyes.

"Yep, now come on. This trail isn't gonna walk itself," He says and pulls my arm.

"I'm tired," I say.

"We'll make this a quick trek," I give him an annoyed look and grab my backpack. "You ready?" He asks me to which I nod. "We'll start off with a light jog, then if you feel like going faster, we can run. Or if you feel like chickening out, then we can slow down to a walk,"

"Fine with me," I say as we start our trail. "How long was I asleep for?" I ask.

"About 20 minutes," 

"What? You say we were almost there and then I sleep for 20 minutes?" 

"Well, at least I was driving in peace and silence. It was nice not hearing your voice for a while," 

"Whatever," I shove his shoulder. For about 30 minutes, we converse on random topics. Mainly me complaining about how annoying he is and then him teasing me. Then we come to a stop to take a short break. Sweat is already starting to form on my forehead, neck, and back. "It's so hot," I pant out fanning my face. 

It looks like an idea popped into his head because his eyes light up for the slightest bit before his face forms into a grin. I can literally imagine the light bulb shining brightly on top of his head as one does in a cartoon show. "You are right. It is very hot today," Heath says, emphasizing the word 'very'. I give him a confused look right before he decides to take off his shirt. Oh no, not this again.

I roll my eyes, then an idea pops into my head as well. "Yeah, it is," I say and begin to take off my tank top as well. I feel his eyes glance at my chest for the slightest bit. "Let's continue our run shall we?" I ask. He gulps and nods his head. 

For 45 minutes we ran along the trail, I began to grow tired once more before we decide to take another break. My stomach starts to grumble as lunchtime is nearing. 

"I'm hungry," I say plopping down on a big rock.

"I gave you a lollipop, which you refused by the way," Heath says, taking a seat next to me.

"I didn't want that stupid lollipop. A piece of candy isn't going to fill me up anyways," I stated.

"Oh I know exactly what could fill you up," He mumbles. My head snaps to face him.

"What was that?" I ask.

"Nothing,"

"We'll stop by McDonald's after we finish, how about that?" My stomach begins to grumble once again. I'm so hungry right now I regret not wanting to eat that lollipop.

"Fine," I say. "How long until we finish anyway?" I ask.

"We'll run for about 15 more minutes, then we can take the little bus on the way down, it has air conditioning so you can put your shirt back on once we bored the bus," He says.

I nod in agreement.

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

We finished running up the trail and are now sitting in the bus, and oh did it feel amazing in here. "You can put your shirt back on now Prim," Heath says taking out my tank top and handing it back to me.

"No thanks, I'm still sweating from the running," I say. "But you can put your shirt back on," I add.

He rolls his eyes and slips his shirt back on. A few runners and hikers also bored the bus as well. I look around to see everyone.

A group of boys sits there drinking down their water bottles, most of them shirtless. A cute elderly couple sits next to each other, tired from their run. A younger couple sits next to each other as well. The girl tired out and resting her head on her partner's shoulder. 

"How long is the ride down?" I turn to ask Heath.

"About an hour-long," He says.

My eyes begin to grow heavy as my head starts to tilt forward. I feel someone's large hands directing my head onto their shoulder. An arm goes around my shoulders. I snuggle closer and can feel a slight chuckle coming from the person. Too lazy to look who it was, I ended up falling asleep.

What felt like a 45-minute nap later, the same person wakes me up. I look around to see that the bus came to a stop and the people boarding it are standing up to hop off the ride. I look up to see Heath grabbing our bags, his hand reaches out to push back some of the hairs that got onto my face away.

"Good, you're awake. I was afraid I was gonna have to carry you off the bus," He says with a smile.

"Don't be cocky," I reply with a yawn. 

"Come on," Heath says while taking my hand, we both exit the bus.

"I'm starving Heath," I say as we make our way back to his truck. We both hop in the vehicle and he starts the car, reversing out of the parking zone and back onto the road.

"As I promised, McDonald's it is," He says. I smile happily as I go to check the time on my phone. It's a bit past lunchtime, I should be fine.

I got a text notification from Jed about half an hour ago.

Jed: Good luck. Make sure to call ASAP if Heath does end up bringing an ax.

I laugh at his text and type a quick response. "What's so funny?" Heath asks, keeping his gaze on the road as he drives us to McDonald's.

"Jed just texted me saying that if you were to kill me I'd have to call him," I say lightly giggling.

"Oh, well tell him he better hurry or else your body will end up chopped in different pieces," Heath says jokingly.

We make it to McDonald's 15 minutes later and I almost shove the whole meal into my mouth. By the time we finished eating our lunch, it was almost 4 pm. 

"You still up for a little training or do you wanna go home and rest?" Heath asks me.

I yawn tiredly. "I think I'm just gonna get some rest at home," I reply to which he nods his head. Heath drives me back home and stops in front of my house.

"Thank you for today," I say genuinely. I actually had fun today with Heath. I think we definitely got a bit closer together and maybe this is the start of a new friendship blossoming.

"No problem," He says. I give him a kiss on his cheek, surprising him.

"My good luck kiss. I know your not fighting or anything but that's just a thank you. You know, actions speak louder than words," I say. "Well, I'm gonna go now so yeah. Bye," I wave at him and hop out of his truck.

I make my way inside and spy on Heath. As I watch his car drive away, I feel a little sad. I hate to admit it but I liked hanging out with Heath. 

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

867 57 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...
746K 16K 33
Briar has to move to a new place with her mother after she has found a new job. One that can benefit both of them. She now has to go to a new school...
1.9M 46.5K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
6.4K 237 30
[complete] #2 "This isn't amusing. You're smiling, and your face is all bruised and bleeding. Is that not putting you in more pain?" Ren shifted on h...