No One But You ✔️ Reddie

By Intouchwithhumanity

[Complete] Richie and Eddie get the epic love story they deserve, from awkward pre-teens to repressed forty y... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine

Thirty

540 17 27
By Intouchwithhumanity

Richie's last show was a resounding success. The flight from Maine to LA was gruellingly long. There was a celebratory party organised for their return. Bev, Ben, Mike, Bill and Audra were all able to attend.

Bev announced that she was ready to begin designing again, under her own name. Ben had a new project to construct a museum wing in Washington D.C. Mike talked about his planned trip to Tokyo. Bill's book had been selected for a film adaptation, and Audra was set to star.

The party concluded at an ungodly hour of the morning. Richie and Eddie crashed out on their bed and slept for nearly sixteen hours.

Richie awoke to the smell of pancakes cooking in the kitchen. He groaned and got out of bed, shoving his glasses on his face. He sniffed his armpits and knew he needed a shower. His hair was unruly and wild, tangled. He cracked his knuckles and then his back.

He yawned as he came into the kitchen. 'I love you,' he greeted, when he saw the stack of pancakes on the kitchen counter.

Eddie was draped in one of Richie's merchandise T-shirts. He was on his second cup of coffee already. The stubble was poking through on his chin. His feet ached and were cold, even in his socks and slippers combination. 'Good afternoon,' he said.

They decided to eat out on the patio, since it was such a nice day. Across the garden, a goldfinch settled on the fence. Eddie smiled and thought of Stan.

Richie stood once he'd finished eating and walked to where the stone slabs met the grass. He heard Eddie stand up and follow him. 'It's been a great year, but I've got to say, I'm glad to be home,' he said. 'Don't you think Eddie?'

Richie turned around. Eddie was on the ground. On one knee. There was a navy-blue velvet box in his hand. Inside was a ring.

'What the fuck?' Richie garbled.

'Richie,' Eddie began carefully.

Richie put both his hands behind his head. 'What the fuck?' he said again, quieter, his eyes wide.

'Richie, I love you,' Eddie said.

Richie laughed nervously and covered his mouth, 'Holy fucking shit.'

'Are you gonna let me do this?' Eddie complained.

Richie nodded, 'Yeah. Yeah, go on.'

Eddie shuffled and started again, a great beaming smile on his face, 'Richie, I love you. There is no one else I would rather fight a demon alien clown entity with. Twice. You're the biggest fucking asshole on the planet and my best friend and the love of my life.' He sighed, 'What do you say, Trashmouth? Want to marry me?'

'Fuck yeah, Spaghetti,' Richie said, nodding. 'I really do.'

Eddie stood and removed the ring from the box. Richie grabbed it and rammed it onto his left hand. He grabbed Eddie's face and kissed him. Then they wandered back inside and slumped on the sofa.

'Are you surprised?' Eddie asked.

'I'm really fucking surprised.' Richie gushed. He put on a Southern accent, 'I feel like the luckiest bitch at the ball.' He sat back. 'When did you have time to get a ring?'

Eddie bit the inside of his cheek. 'I actually bought it before we left California.'

Richie melted, 'You did?'

'Yeah, then I thought that gave me a year to analyse the risks and see if I still thought it was a good idea,' Eddie joked.

Richie jostled him, 'Guess I passed the test.'

'Fuck no,' Eddie refuted, 'You failed. Badly. You're an asshole. I'm just an idiot.'

Richie laughed, 'You are an idiot.' He lay down and put his head in Eddie's lap. 'Fucking hell. We're getting married.'

'We're getting married.'

'Wait, did you ask me so that I have to take your name?' Richie said suddenly. He laughed, 'Because I'm not gonna be Richie Kaspbrak.'

'Eddie Tozier,' Eddie mused. 'I don't know.'

Richie snapped his fingers. 'Maybe we should hyphenate. Kaspbrak-Tozier.'

'Tozier-Kaspbrak,' Eddie corrected. 'Or we could mash them together. Kaspier?'

'Tozbrak?' Richie snickered. 'Wait, we could make it official. Spaghetti. You'd actually be Eddie Spaghetti.'

'Vetoing that hard,' Eddie said. 'Maybe we should just keep our own names.'

Richie screwed up his face, 'But what if we had kids?'

'We're having kids?' Eddie spluttered.

'If!' Richie stressed.

Eddie looked down at him. 'Then maybe we cross that bridge when we come to it.'

Richie smiled. 'Okay.'

---

Eddie paced the room up and down. Panting, Ben and Beverly burst in.

'What is the big emergency?' Ben asked. 'You're not getting cold feet, are you? So help me God, Eddie.'

'What?' Eddie spluttered. 'No! Jesus. I just need someone to tie my bowtie.' He looked embarrassed. 'Richie always does it for me.'

Beverly smiled brightly. Her red hair looked beautiful, pinned up with flower petals. 'I've got it,' she said. She tied it swiftly, then kissed his cheek.

'How long do I have?' Eddie asked.

'Ten or fifteen minutes,' Ben approximated. 'Are you feeling ready?'

Eddie puffed out his cheeks. 'Yeah, I'm ready. I'm terrified, but I'm ready.'

'Do you want to head up there?' Bev asked, the excitement palpable in her voice.

Eddie nodded. 'Let's do this.'

Across the building, Richie was looking at himself in the mirror. Behind him, Bill was adjusting Mike's pocket square. There was a knock at the door. Mike opened it.

'Hello, Richie.'

Richie spun around. He didn't say a word, only gawped, a lump rising in his throat. Mike and Bill shuffled out of the room and closed the door on Richie and Wentworth Tozier.

'What are you doing here?' Richie asked hurriedly.

Went slowly moved towards Richie. There was a tremor in the ends of his arthritic hands, cavernous lines at the corner of his eyes. His teeth were still all but flawless. 'It's your wedding. I'm not going to miss my son's wedding.'

Richie swallowed. 'Who invited you?'

Wentworth sat himself down on a bench. 'Your fiancé.' He pursed his lips. 'When you came to see me in Derry a couple of years ago, I wasn't able to listen to what you were trying to tell me. It was what Maggie had been telling me for years before she passed. And I didn't want to believe it. I'm a religious man. I'm set in my ways.'

Richie felt like he could vomit.

'And Eddie,' Went chuckled, 'Well, he wasn't too happy about it. He gave me some stern words. And he told me he was going to marry you. It wasn't until he said that,' he sighed, 'that I realised I might have to readjust a few of my expectations.'

Richie narrowed his eyes. 'Okay.'

Went shook his head. 'I don't claim to understand. Me and your mom, we always struggled to connect with you. But despite what you might think, I do love you. We only wanted what's best for you. And maybe we were wrong about what we thought was best.' 

Richie started to cry, stoically, hands clenched in fists.

'I called Eddie a few months ago. I told him that I wanted to be here, and he said that I could come if I told you I was sorry. And I am,' he blinked away the tears in his milky eyes and hauled himself to his feet once more. 'I know that doesn't make up for my mistakes, but I do want to be a part of your life for as long as the rest of mine lasts.'

Richie hesitated, then went to his father and hugged him. 'I'm glad you're here.'

Went patted Richie's back. 'If Eddie loves you the way you deserve to be loved, and you love him, then I love you both and I hope that you'll be happy.'

'Thanks, Dad.' Richie whispered.

Bill knocked on the door and poked his head around. 'Richie, are you ready?'

Richie wiped his eyes on the back of his hand and turned back to the mirror. 'Jesus, I look like total shit.'

'You always look like shit,' Bill said.

'Point taken.' Richie agreed. He adjusted the shoulders of his suit. 'Okay, I'm ready.'

'Good luck, son,' Wentworth offered.

'Bill, can you show my dad to his seat?'

'Sure, Richie,' Bill said.

'You're not William Denbrough?' Went gasped, walking out of the room with Bill on his arm. 'All grown up.'

Mike raised his eyebrows at Richie. 'Let's go.'

Richie had insisted that he get the bride's treatment. Before him, Ben and Beverly had walked, then Bill and Audra, then Mike and Patricia Uris. Cal was Eddie's best man. Carol was Richie's maid of honour, mostly chosen because she was an excellent party planner.

As requested, the congregation stood at his entrance and the music started to play. He'd planned a comedic walk down the aisle, but his heart stopped as soon as he saw Eddie waiting at the other end. It felt like the world fell away when Eddie beamed at him.

'Ugh,' Richie said when he reached the altar. 'You always look better than me in a tux. Should have worn the white dress.'

'I think you could have pulled it off,' Eddie said.

'This is it, Eds. You and me.' Richie grinned.

'You and me.'

The ceremony was short and sweet. They wrote their own vows. They signed the register and exchanged rings. The officiant declared, 'I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss,' she laughed, 'the bride.'

Everyone laughed and clapped as Eddie planted a kiss firmly on Richie's lips. They started to walk back down the aisle together.

'God, do we have to walk so slowly?' Richie asked.

'I'm making the most of it,' Eddie rebuffed.

'Why? It's not like it's your first wedding. I'm surprised you didn't ask Myra to give you away; she's the spit of your mom.'

Eddie elbowed him, 'You're such an asshole.'

Richie kissed his cheek. 'I'm so happy, Eds. I love you.'

'You know, I never get tired of hearing that.' Eddie said, chuckling.

'Say it back,' Richie insisted.

'I love you too, Richie.'

He smirked at him, 'Loser.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51K 1.1K 6
[complete] Richie and Eddie go away for the weekend with the Losers... and they're sharing a bedroom.
48.5K 1.5K 151
„he'a famous for using instagram?" stanley uris is a famous influencer and richie tozier is a famous musician. they met bill denbrough, eddie kaspbra...
6.6K 291 15
NINE CHANCES | REDDIE x x x x x In which Richie has nine chances to save Eddie's life. x x x x x ©VashWritingPro Started | 07|29|2018 Ended | 11|1...
6.8K 228 141
Just read.It isn't that bad;)Love ya'll💚