A Different Kind

By CaritaCrafford

Alexandra or Alex for short leaves Mystic Falls to live with her Uncle Charlie Swan, the half brother of her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 3

11.1K 221 27
By CaritaCrafford

Summer in her new home wasn't as great as Alexandra had  hoped .
Unfortunately her previous summer had been the same .

She came to the conclusion that one couldn't possibly run away from reality and what it entailed.

She had lost an Aunt and a man whom she'd known as her Uncle for years, yet was her real father .

It was still hard to forget that she and her twin had been responsible for their deaths. The guilt ate away at her heart most days .

If Elena and herself had been normal ....,or rather, if the world​ had been normal, such things as a Vampire attack or a Ritual to break a curse wouldn't have broken up a household . It hurt to know that life for them could never be normal.

The first few days of her living in Forks went by quietly in a boring way that almost drove her up the walls .

The effects of those first days were only felt inside of her because outside her face was calm and friendly , even when she saw no real reason as to why she should be friendly at all.

Gradually she began pushing all thoughts of life in Forks being boring out of her mind and began looking for a summer job to keep herself busy .

She got one at a small grocery store not far from Bella's job at Newton's Olympic Outfitters .

It was convenient because Bella could drop her off on the days she worked . Other days she'd walk to and from the store.

The job kept her busy so that she wouldn't think too much about stuff like Stefan being somewhere in the USA with the Original Hybrid , searching for werewolves that could be turned into Hybrids themselves.

It wasn't Elena that had told her about it . It had been Jeremy who'd expressed some brotherly worry over Elena's new problems.

" Elena's searching for Stefan , trying to bring him home. I don't know why she's even bothering . I mean , he may not want to come home  ", was Jeremy's last  words on that day before they'd said goodbye and hung up .

Jeremy's words had awoken her sisterly worries.  She felt like she had failed Elena and him . But as it is , she couldn't just go home now because she didn't want to . She was happy in her supernatural free environment.

On Sundays and some Saturdays when she wasn't working , she'd help Bella get the house in order and cook  dinner because that was the only time the three of them could sit down for a meal.

Problem was, Bella wasn't home much . She spent her days mostly at work and at the Cullens ,her boyfriend and his family.

Alexandra had met Edward with his peculiar impossibly pale skin, bronze hair and his strange topaz coloured eyes . 

He was strangely beautiful . He looked like a supermodel and had hair  almost styled like Stefan's .

He looked nothing like the younger Salvatore brother ,though.  He looked inhuman , like he was something out of this world . It made Alexandra wonder a lot about if he was even a human .

He came and went at the Swan's house like he lived there .

Some nights Alexandra was almost sure that she could hear him talk with her cousin ,but then she thought that she might possibly be mistaken because she was sure Charlie wouldn't let a boy be in Bella's room that time of night.

He wasn't the only Cullen she'd met . She ,in fact, had met three others when they'd come to the grocery store.

One was a woman with beautiful caramel hair and pale skin . She'd introduced herself as Esme Cullen , a sister or cousin  of the  Doctor that worked at the hospital.

The other two were small petite Alice Cullen and big burly Emmett Cullen.

All of them had the same eyes and skin ,but their faces didn't have any family resemblance​ in them . Probably because the teenagers were adopted by the Doctor.

Wanda Haskins ,one of the other clerks in the store ,told her all about the juicy gossip that went around about the family . She spoke eagerly as if it was the story of the year .

It was kind of sad that people talked about them behind their backs . Small town sickness, blurgh!!.

Alexandra ,however, didn't talk back or even acknowledged​ that she even listened to the gossip .

She didn't want to encourage her fellow employees . Not that it helped much . They kept on talking without her encouragement.

Now the other Cullens , including the Good Doctor himself , she hadn't seen with an eye .

She didn't care much about that, though, as long as she lived her life and didn't interact with anyone besides her Uncle and cousin, she was happy .

She spent her birthday on the 22nd of June  at her job missing all the calls that her family back at Mystic Falls made and only called them back when she got home .

Caroline had been furious about her not picking up earlier that day and only understood when Alexandra explained that she had been at work and couldn't answer any calls because her boss didn't like his employees taking personal calls while they were supposed to be working.

Everyone wished her a happy birthday and told her that they had sent her ,her presents through  the post . In Damon's words : FedExed it .

Stefan called her too , wishing her a happy birthday and assured her that he was fine when she asked about him being with Klaus. He sounded fine ,but she was sure that he was faking it.

Eventually summer ended and it was time to go back to school.

Alexandra was nervous about it . She would've liked finishing school at Mystic Falls ,but with everything that have happened it was truly impossible for her to do so  .

The day before her first day at Forks High she got her outfit ready and her school bag in order . She wanted to look her best .
It was her last year in school then it was off to college for her . She wanted to remember that she hadn't looked shabby or anything when she looked back later on.

She thought of how she dressed the previous school year on the first day .

It's been four months after her parents had died then and she wasn't like her sister who wanted to act like nothing was wrong .

What a disaster that had been. Elena had scolded her for weeks on wearing clothes that made her look like some kind of a bum . Caroline didn't let up either . Bonnie had been the only one that hadn't judged her choice of clothes.

She stood in front of her bed checking the dark blue skinny jeans and grey ribbed long sleeved top and her light blue warm rain coat and  boots .

She didn't know what kind of weather they'd have that morning ,but she wanted to be prepared so she added gloves,a scarf and a beanie.

" I guess that'll do ", she said to her room at large where no one but her walls would hear ," At least it isn't unwashed and wrinkled clothes that smells like a laundry basket".

She scrunched up her face at that and couldn't believe that she hadn't cared that first day of school the previous year .
              🐽🐽🐽🐽
" Come on ,Alex , we're gonna be late !", Bella called rather impatiently from the bottom of the stairs .

" Coming ,just hold on a sec!", the older girl called back , trying not to sound exasperated or anything .

She was trying to tame her unruly waves that had become all frizzy because of the damp weather.

It didn't take long before she gave up and off the two girls went to their first day of being seniors in Highschool.

Alexandra sat beside her cousin feeling overly nervous because the only person she really know in this school was her cousin and said cousin might not like to spend time with her since she had her own  circle of friends to focus on.

Bella who wanted to be encouraging because she knew how it feels to be new touched her shoulder and spoke soothingly to her.
" Hey ,Alex , don't fret too much ,Okay?. Everyone's gonna be very nice and​ you'll fit in quickly . I'll introduce you to some of my friends . I think you'll like Angela Weber ,but be careful of Jessica Stanley and Lauren, who's surname isn't hard to forget ,since she isn't exactly a friend . They're nasty  girls who cares more about other people's business than their own . Anyway , maybe you'll like Alice Cullen . She'd expressed the desire to make friends with you . Just don't get mad if she spaces out a little . She daydreams like a lot so...".

Alexandra nodded . She wasn't​ sure if she wanted to make all those friends and she wondered what Jessica Stanley and Lauren did to Bella, that she didn't like them much .Probably got into Bella's business .

The school wasn't anything special .It looked like any other school to Alexandra as they approached the school parking​ lot where Bella pulled up beside an old blue van .

It seemed nobody actually had brand-new state of the art cars  around the lot .
The only nice vehicles there was a shiny silver Volvo that wasn't new either.

Edward and Alice Cullen approached the two girls as they got out of the old Chevy truck .

Alice looked especially pleased with herself as skipped happily beside her brother .

" Hey ,Bella , I got her schedule !," she called out  excitedly in her sweet tingling voice .

Bella face-palmed   , groaning softly " Oh ,Alice . Alex could've done it herself ".

But Alice didn't seemed to be fazed as she held out a few pages to Alexandra who took it with a smile .

She , unlike her cousin, didn't mind the extra help . If she had, had to go get her schedule herself she might just have gotten herself late for class . She absolutely didn't want to be late for class on her first day.

" Thanks ", she said to the pixie who was only an inch or so shorter than herself.

" You're welcome," Alice said ,beaming  with pride that she could do something for a fellow student .

" We should get going", Edward said ,looking at his wristwatch ," Or we're going to be late . "

The three girls nodded and they followed him​ inside determined to not be late .
              🐽🐽🐽🐽
Her first day didn't go all that bad as she went through every period eagerly .

By lunchtime​ Alice found her , steering her towards the cafeteria while chatting nonstop about shoes and all that , reminding her of Caroline who had the same knack of talking someone's ears off. Here and there an "Oh" and an "Ah" was all that kept her happy .

After getting some food Alice lead her to a table with students she'd met throughout the morning with here and there someone she didn't know .

Bella and Edward was already seated with two empty seats beside Bella .

Alice sat down in between a girl with dark brown hair and round glasses and Alexandra who took up the seat beside her cousin who looked happy to see her .

" How's your first day going ?", Bella asked quietly so only Alexandra can hear her .

" Okay . I mean some of the teachers are weird ,but that's no different from Mystic Falls High. I wonder how my siblings are doing today . Elena didn't answer when I called this morning ".

" I'm sure they're fine ", Bella assured her ,"  Call them tonight . Maybe then they'll answer ".

Alexandra wasn't sure about that . Senior Prank Night had been the previous evening and she was worried that something bad might've happened there .

She sighed and dug into her food while thinking of how she worried​ while she actually wanted to have a new start in the first place .

She had just finished her lunch when her phone rang . It was Bonnie to tell her that everything was okay and that she shouldn't worry .

" Dear old Bonnie ", she thought to herself ,"She know me so well".

They didn't talk long because they both had school to attend and so Alexandra was left feeling better , thinking that everything was really okay back home when it wasn't really .

After school she did her homework and made dinner for her Uncle and herself because Bella was eating at the Cullens' house that evening.

She'd dropped off Alexandra and gone off with Edward in his shiny Volvo .

Alexandra didn't mind cooking. She liked the idea of giving something back to her Uncle for letting her stay .

She sang to herself while she cooked . It was old backstreet boys songs that she'd liked when she was just a preteen .

She used to have a crush on Nick Carter ,but had outgrown it by the time she'd started her second​ year of Highschool . Now she only liked their singing .

Her Uncle was late to dinner . He told her all about it as he sat down to eat .

Some local hikers had gone missing and people had been seeing bears .

If her Uncle hadn't mentioned sightings of a bear she'd have thought that maybe Vampires had something to do with it .

She called Elena just before bed and the older twin informed her of Stefan's return .

" He's kind of different . I think he might have flipped the switch", she confided in Alexandra ," Damon and I am working on it , though ,so nothing to worry about,Alex ".

To say she had nothing to worry about was like placing a cookie jar where a kid might see it and yearn for all the cookies inside . She was  beyond worried now because a Vampire with no humanity was worse than Damon with his humanity .

" I'll call again tomorrow ", Elena promised ," Text me if you want . I miss you, Sissy ".

" I miss you too ,Lena . Love you ".

" Love you too ,Alex . Text me and tell me about your school day . I'll tell you more about mine,yeah? . Goodbye ".

" Bye ,Elena ".

She went to bed with worry in her heart and needless to say that she had a tough time getting some sleep .

By morning she felt like a wreck ,yet did all she could to not show it . She was  only half successful in that endeavour .
              🐽🐽🐽🐽
I hope you liked . 🐽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 353 37
Everyone knows the story of Elena Gilbert what people didn't know is that she has a younger twin sister name Alexandra. The Gilbert sisters have alwa...
34.6K 487 9
Katherine Swan; She's your typical 15 year old girl. She had dark brown hair, baby blue eyes and lightly tan skin. She lived with her mother and...
166K 4K 32
Elena and Zoe Gilbert are doppelgänger twins, sharing the same features, but not personality Zoe has more of the rebel type, but doesn't mean she car...
60.8K 1.2K 36
I am Miranda Gilbert The II and also the fraternal twin sister of Elena Gilbert and older sister of Jeremy Gilbert. I live in Mystic falls and this i...