A CONNECTION

By VelvitaRose

This is a love/action/Fanfiction of the tv show tangled the series AKA Tangled adventures. It's of Varian and... More

Prologue - The before
Chapter 1 - A nice WARM welcome
Chapter 2 - A Silent cry for help
Chapter 3 - A long lost friend
Chapter 4 - You are amazing the way you are
Chapter 5 - Don't poke the bear
Chapter 6 - That awkward moment when you find out feelings exist.
Chapter 7 - There is always more to learn
Chapter 8 - The past that haunts us
Chapter 9 - A sweet surprise
Chapter 10 - A heroic romance
Chapter 11 - Love is in the air
Chapter 12 - Revisiting the past
Chapter 13 - Getting used to Corona
Chapter 14 - A start to an exhausting day
Chapter 15 - A romantic exhausting day
Chapter 16 - A Haunting Gang
Chapter 17 - A chained battle
Chapter 18 - Now there's nothing left to lose
Chapter 19 - A final fight
Chapter 21 - A Goodbye (the final chapter)

Chapter 20 - The last chance to do what's right

207 11 23
By VelvitaRose

Cassandra was running... Varian didn't know what to think... did his opinion on this just NOT MATTER anymore.... (This sounds familiar XD)

Varian saw everyone was ready for what was going to be a war. Everyone pulled out their weapons and started charging ahead.... Everyone except Varian.

Varian saw both sides running to clash, but for him, EVERYTHING FROZE!!!!! It was like the world didn't matter anymore.... Lost in deep thought he reached into his pocket and pulled out the two pieces of the broken Cassandrium neckless.

He took a deep breath thinking of everything at once. Cassandra's actions. Being stuck with her.... Her smile. He remembered what his life was like before she came back in it. EVERY DAY he would go to the snuggly duckling to get his mind off her. He lived in Corona.... But it still didn't feel right... No one would ever TRULY forgive him... and this was that proof. Men all joined together because they thought what Cassandra and Varian did was wrong.... And it was... People who were about to make the same mistake.... Time moved again!

Varian knew just what to do. When he looked around Rapunzel and Eugene holding their frying pans had a couple of men on the ground frightened and some knocked out. He looked over to Cassandra with her sword excited to hurt the leader (or Cupcake) Varian couldn't stand to look at them. THEY WERE ALL PEOPLE JUST LIKE HIM!!!!

Varian whistled over to beast Ruddiger and he quickly came over. Varian climbed up to the top of his friend and stood up.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Cassandra holding her sword out trying to make her way through the sea of men and they had Corona's guards to fight back but it wasn't a lot. Cassandra made eye contact with the leader.

Both of them gave each other a smirk as they both thought they were going to be the one to win.

"Hello there Cupcake," Cassandra said with an evil smirk grabbing her sword.

"Oh, I'm going to enjoy this Cassandra." He said back while pulling out his sword.

"Not as much as me!" Cass said charging with her sword. Cupcake started running towards her as well with his sword ready!

"STOP!!!!" Cassandra and Cupcake stopped to look over and so did everyone else when they saw Varian standing on beast Ruddiger with a confident stance. "What are we doing! THIS ISNT WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING!!!!! We should be supporting one another and-" When Varian looked out again everyone had started fighting again.

"HEY!!!!!" Varian yelled as he threw an alchemy ball. EVERYONE became the blue and was now temporarily paralyzed. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?!?!!?!?!?!!" Varian shouting having everyone's full attention as they were stuck in their places.

"We are ALL people!!!! Why do we hate each other so much!!!?!?!?! Look! I think you guys know what's going to happen." Varian said gesturing to Cupcake and his men. "The story is most likely going to be told from Corona's side.... Meaning.... You will be seen as the villains.... BUT IT'S ALL ABOUT PERSPECTIVE!!!!!!"

Cassandra looked at him... he wasn't the fighting..... but... for some reason, this was better.... He was touching everyone's heart... especially Cassandra's. She also looked at him right now... this was the Varian that he was.... And this was the Varian she fell in love with. (Did she just think that out loud?)

Varian continued with his speech. "You've hurt me.... And Cassie... BUT WHO IS TO SAY ME AND CASSIE DON'T DESERVE IT!!!!!! ME AND CASSIE ARE JUST AS MUCH AS A VILLAIN AS YOU!!!!!! MAYBE MORE!!!! WE'VE DESTROYED YOUR LAND!!!!!!! (the prison) WE'VE HURT YOU!!!!! WE'VE THREATENED YOU!!!!! WE'VE IGNORED YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS!!!!! BUT NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!" Cassandra's eyes widened at what he was saying. "I WON'T LET MYSELF BE THE BAD GUY ANYMORE!!!!! AND I DON'T WANT YOU GUYS TO BE EITHER!!!!!! If... you chose to take our side... IF you chose to not hurt anyone who doesn't agree with you. IF you stop craving revenge and look for forgiveness..... I WILL DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO HELP YOU BECOME GOOD AGAIN!!!!! YOU ARE JUST MISGUIDED!!!!! AND I DON'T BELIEVE THIS IS TRULY YOU!!!!!!"

Varian paused as he took a deep breath then continued. "But I will warn you. If you don't.... and you hurt Corona or MY CASSIE EVER AGAIN!!!! I WILL NOT HESITATE TO KILL ANY OF YOU!!!!!!!.... Please... make the right call...." Cassandra not knowing what to think.... Everything Varian said was true.... HER and Varian were the villains in this story.... There were no good guys....

Varian paused as the alchemy wore off... as soon as it did. Rapunzel, Eugene, and Cass stayed still but the others went straight back to battle.

Cassandra started blocking them. That's when she saw Varian resisting but going into his protective mode and becoming the demons inside.... and that was where Cass drew the line. "ENOUGH!!!!!!" Cassandra shouted to everyone. Only a couple of people continued, but she held up her sword threatening them.

Soon enough... all the men had their full attention on Cassandra. "Look... As much as I hate to admit it. VARIAN'S RIGHT!!!!! WE ARE ALL THE BAD GUYS!!!!!! But it doesn't have to be that way!" Cassandra walked around talking to each person. "All of us ARE PEOPLE!!!!.... Me and Varian did awful things... But can you at least accept that we are trying our best?" Cassandra was getting everyone lost in her words. "And now... you are doing what we did.... You don't want to go down that path.... Trust me!" Cassandra walked around and she stopped facing the leader.... Looking right into his eyes with a glare but sincere look... "What I'm trying to say is.... I'm sorry.... And if you will forgive me.... And if you put a stop to this, I will get out of your life forever... And I will also pay for any damage we caused... to your men, your home, or anything else.... Can you live with that?" Cassandra held out her hand hoping for a handshake signifying he agreed.

The man looked at Cassandra. Varian walked up to Cassandra and Cupcake. He put his hand on Cassandra's shoulder and said with a worried yet loving look in his eyes. "Please..."

The leader looked at both of them.... "I can live with that." The leader shook Cassandra's hand. That's when he turned away from Cass and Varian to all of his men. "EVERYONE DROP YOUR WEAPONS!!!!!" The sound of metal swords hitting the ground all at once echoed through the atmosphere.

Varian looked at Cass, really proud of her. Smiling and breathing heavily from relief he said. "WE DID IT CASSIE!!!!"

Cassandra smiled back and did the same thing, "WE DID IT!!!!" She and Varian gave the other a big hug. Both of them slowly backed away from one another, but Varian still was holding onto Cassandra's back keeping her close like they were hugging still.

Cassandra and Varian got lost in the other's smile and their eyes filled with joy. They both started leaning in for a kiss.

"YOU DID IT!!!!" Both Cassandra and Varian immediately let go of the other. When they looked over Rapunzel was screaming you did it! She was so happy for them. They won... but no one lost! "You two are amazing!"

"She really is," Varian said but immediately corrected himself getting flustered. "I m-mean. We really are!" Varian said turning as red as a tomato.

Cassandra gave him a giggle at his little face.

Varian ended up seeing one of the men having a hurt side just like his. Varian ran over to the man and helped him up. He got a closer look at the man's side. Varian immediately ran back to Cassandra... soon he got a bit flustered and said... "Uh, I need the- You know."

Cassandra was confused for a couple of seconds but knew what he meant after. She went in her pocket and pulled out the wrap. Varian grabbed it and helped the man up. "Here." Varian handed him the wrap to use on his side. Varian told him where the nurses were, and he said "If you need anything else just let me know."

Once the man walked off, they helped a couple of others who they had harmed trying to turn their wrongs right. Once all the men had what they needed Cassandra and Varian both walked started taking a nice slow walk to Varian's house.

It was quiet at first. Until Cassandra spoke up. "Your speech was really inspiring." Varian looked at Cass while she was talking with ALL his attention on her. "You... y-you definitely inspired me," Cassandra said while blushing.

"Thanks.... For believing in me." Varian said looking at her. She looked at him confused. "Like... I couldn't have gotten them to believe me if you hadn't backed me up... So thank you." Varian said as their hands slowly became closer and closer.

Soon their fingers were about to intertwine but then Varian remembered something. "Oh... um..." Varian reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out the pieces of the Cassandrium necklace. "I uh.... I thought you might want this... I'm really sorry it broke." Varian held his head low.

Cassandra grabbed the broken neckless. She put it in her pocket when she grabbed Varian's hand and wrapped her fingers around his. "It's alright... I'm glad you told me." Cassandra and Varian walked together for a little while longer and she rested her head on his shoulder.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

.....

Both Cassandra and Varian were silent and Varian was devastated.... Looking at his house being nothing but ashes.... "I guess in all the excitement we forgot we had nowhere to go after," Varian said frozen in place.

Cassandra squeezed his hand a little tighter and came closer to him. Varian wrapped his arm around Cass's side holding her close to him. "Where do we go now?" Varian spoke.

When behind them they heard Rapunzel's voice, "Why don't you stay in the castle tonight? We have a free room?" Cassandra and Varian both smiled at her offer and looked at the other and nodded to one another.

(1694 words!)

I hope you all enjoyed! 1 MORE CHAPTER LEFT!!!!! GAH!!!!!

If you want me to I would happily make a book two of this! But I hoped you've liked this story so far! And I hope you would stick around for a book two!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 73 12
A Tangled the Series Sequel Rapunzel and Eugene's wedding is a week away. But when a earthquake hits, strange things start to happen. It's up to Vari...
8.8K 152 16
(aka "Alone?") I adopted this fanfic from @CartoonsAreAmazing. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Varian has been groomed and abused by...
31.1K 871 20
Just about 1 year after his fall and arrest, Varian alone in the darkness of his cell, longs for one thing. Meanwhile Cassandra's now endless power r...
145K 3.9K 130
Hey! This is my first story so I know it's not that great! I don't own any of the tangled series character! This is a story about a young witch beco...