The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes [Ed...

By Civilized_Nerd

❝When Cerise Brooke's annoying ten year old klondike bar crazed sister slips a note under her crush's cupcake... More

The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes
Chapter 1 : #29
Chapter 2 : Summer is over. Yay?
Chapter 3 : Let the Cupcake Apocalypse Begin.
Chapter 4: When The Cupcakes Come Crumbling Down
Chapter 5: Almost Doesn't Count
Chapter 6: Partner. Oh, partner.
Chapter 7: When The Hamsters Come Out To Play
Chapter 8: Denial Hit Me Like A Brick (Part One)
Chapter 9: Denial Hit Me Like A Brick (Part Two)
Chapter 10 : Hakuna Matata...What a horrible phrase
Chapter 11: Barrels Of Trouble
Chapter 12: To Be FriendZoned Or Not To Be FriendZoned? (Part One)
Chapter 13: To Be FriendZoned Or Not To Be Friendzoned (Part Two)
Chapter 14: To Be FriendZoned Or No To Be FriendZoned (Part Three)
Chapter 15: To Be FriendZoned Or Not To Be FriendZoned (Final Part Four)
Chapter 16: When Disaster Strikes, You Strike Back (Part One)
Chapter 17: When Disaster Strikes, You Strike Back (Part Two)
Chapter 18: The Fault In Our Detention
Chapter 19: Mom's Back In The City?
Chapter 20: Your Days Are Numbered
Chapter 21: Is this some kind of sick joke?
Chapter 22: It all Started With A Letter Under A Red Velvet Cupcake
Chapter 23: The Book Of Letters (Part One)
Chapter 24: The Book Of Letters (Part Two)
Chapter 25: The Book Of Letters (Part Three)
Chapter 26: Bound For Life (Part One)
Chapter 27: Bound For Life (Part Two)
Chapter 28: Bound For Life (Part Three)
Chapter 29: The Trouble With Human Beings (Part One)
Chapter 30: The Trouble With Human Beings (Part Two)
Chapter 31: The Trouble With Human Beings (Brief/ Final Part Three)
Chapter 32 : This Cheerleader Has Secrets (Part One)
Chapter 32 *Additional* : Promises And Pizza
Chapter 33: This Cheerleader Has Secrets (Part Two)
Chapter 34: This Cheerleader Has Secrets (Final Part Three)
Chapter 35: Party Countdown : 4 Hours To Go (Part One)
Questions For TNOMC Readers
Chapter 37 : No Hours To Go (Part Three)
Chapter 38 : Cheerleaders Shouldn't Drink (Part One)
Chapter 39: Cheerleaders Shouldn't Drink (Part Two)
Chapter 40: Nights Like This
The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes One Shot Competition
Chapter 41: Carnivals Never Go Out Of Style (Part One)
Chapter 42: Carnivals Never Go Out Of Style (Part Two)
Reader's Thoughts And Answers On 'The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes'
Chapter 43 : Carnivals Never Go Out Of Style (Final Part Three)
#Wattys2015 Announcement
Chapter 44 : I Guess It's Time
The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes - One Shot Contest Winners
Chapter 45 : Unforgivable Faults
Chapter 46 : R. I. P Coffee
Chapter 47 : Relationships, Revelations and Right Timings
Chapter 48: You're Sick And I'm Hopeless

Chapter 36 : Party Countdown : Two Hours To Go (Part Two)

40.1K 1.7K 426
By Civilized_Nerd

 Chapter 36 : Party Countdown - Two Hours To Go (Part Two)

"A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear." - Marilyn Munroe 

After four failed consecutive attempts of reaching mom I gave up. ☎. Images of Jace's car as it drove off kept flashing in my mind. I now knew that it was a scientifically proven fact that when I'm around the opposite gender I act foolish and do foolish things. 

Shoving the cell phone in my pocket I sat on the sidewalk with mom's grocery bag to my side. Moments disappeared bit by bit. With my hand stuck under my chin that rested on my knee, I watched as people who had entered the Smile and Shop Mart after me came out.

People filling their back trunks with groceries and pushing carts leisurely. I drifted off to sleep until what felt like seconds after I was awoken by a sharp pain in my left toe. My eyes shot open instantly and I jumped up letting out a girly shriek while looking around for the cause of the pain.

An elderly couple had rolled their cart over my foot and hadn't even bothered to apologize. And what made it even worse was the female let out a not so subtle laugh while they wandered off to their red herbie buggy.

At the same time while rubbing my bruised pale toe that had a purple mark now I took a look at my watch. 

6:00 pm

Groggily rubbing my eyes I then came to a decision that I was in fact stupid while and after talking to the opposite gender as well. Who knows what danger I could have been in out here? What if some random black tinted van had smuggled me inside with a brown sac over my head?

I took out my phone to call Kelly and practically  did the most weirdest victory dance when I got a hold of her. Just hearing her voice made a wave of relief wash over me.

"Hello?"

"Kelly Clinfara Estavacia Willis."

"Okay, I am not taking one of those stupid phone questionnaires for whatever company this is."

"It's me. Cerise." I said in a deadpanned manner

"What? How'd you know my second middle name? I mean we've been best friends for a very  long time, but I don't think I've ever told you it."

I laughed "In case you haven't noticed, but our mothers are like twins. They both couldn't keep a secret if you paid them a million dollars."

"True that." Kelly muttered before asking "What phone are you using to talk to me? I didn't recognize the number."

I bit my lip in anticipation waiting to hear her squeal "Mom bought me a phone." 

And squeal she did. And I copied her action and before we knew it we were both squealing in unison. Except she probably was inside her room and I was getting stares from the bypassers entering the Smile and Shop Mart.

"Sorry." I mouthed to the security guard who too was giving me weird glances.

Going back to our conversation, deleting my happiness I said "But I'm at the nearest S.A.S.M. Galaway Ave. and I need you to pick me up."

"How'd you get there in the first place?" 

"Remember that pizza guy?"

I could hear Kelly making thinking sounds on the other line. How many pizza guys did she know?

"I think I do. The very very hot one."

"Yeah," I rolled my eyes, "His name is Jace. He drove me here, but I kinda let him leave and now I'm stranded and I really really don't feel like walking five blocks back."

"Okay, okay. Fine, stop being such a baby. I'll come pick you up because the party is in two hours and if you make us late then --"

I tried listening to the rest of Kelly's words, but the husband from the elderly couple had started in my direction. The male holding a small tiny white box. When he was close enough I realized it was a box of band aids.

"Here you go, sweety. Sorry about your toe." He apologized, taking out one of the band aids.

Um... This was weird... 

"How sweet. Thank you, sir." I said with an unsure smile.

Kelly on the other line paused when she noticed I wasn't listening to her. "Cerise, who are you talking to?"

"A guy that just--"

"Is he cute?" She asked, I could practically picture her gushing over the preferably eighty two year old.

Define cute

"Uh, probably back in the day he was." I said, not wanting to offend the old man who just decided to help out my poor toe.

"Huh?" Kelly who was confused as ever said. Moving the phone away from my ear I took the band aid and gave the man another nod indicating that I appreciated his grand gesture. 

"No problem.," He started walking away,"Stay in school." He threw over his shoulder, approaching his buggy that his wife sat in waiting for his arrival.

"Never mind that." I said watching as the man entered the vehicle. He and his wife oddly laughing their heads off.

I wonder what was so funny.

"Anywho, I'm on my way now." And the line went dead.

I went to peel off the white safety paper that was attached to the band aid, but realized there was none. But not only that, but the band aid was already used.

Gross 

So that's what they were laughing about. Why were old people in the twenty first century so mean ?Flicking the used band aid off of my finger I began dusting off my old beige capris. Feeling the back of my pants I realized it was wet. Immediately I directed my attention to where I had been sitting on the sidewalk. It was in fact damp. Thankfully it was a colorless liquid so that assumption went flying out the window.

Please let that be rain.

Yet there were no signs that it was raining. I prayed that it wasn't the poodle who had been waiting for it's owner near the Smile and Shop Mart entrance. Sadly, that prayed didn't go through. I turned away as the white poodle urinated on the nearby plants.

Another Gross 

Deciding not to sit down anywhere and anymore I waited for my partner in crime. Thirty minutes passed by slowly - Yes, I kept count on my watch - and I clapped my hands excitedly when the familiar van pulled up next to the side walk.

"Get in loser." Kelly winked, "We have a party to get ready for."

I grabbed the door handle and got inside the passenger seat, strapping on my seat belt.

"You've been watching Mean Girls, haven't you?"

Kelly put her hands up in defense "Sue me for watching a classic Lindsay Lohan movie."

*

So here I am with a bruised toe and urine stained capris. Life couldn't get any better, could it? 

"Why is your pants wet?" 

I looked at a curious Kelly who had paused from searching her closet for her dress that she bought for the party. 

"Dog pee." I said, pouting like a toddler.

"And you sat in my mom's vehicle with dog pee on your butt?" She blinked, waiting for my answer.

"Hey, doesn't your mother like animals?"

"Yeah, but not when their urine sinks into her seat. When we come back from the sleepover, you're helping me clean that."

"Fine." I grumbled, watching as she went back to searching.

Soon she pulled out the dress that she had bought. She admired it even more than before when she had originally bought it. I never understood Kelly's obsession for clothing. If it could fit me and I was comfortable in it I wore it.

"Where's your dress?"

"Home." I answered as Kelly connected her palm to her forehead and groaned.

"We're going to be late. I just know it."

"Well did you expect me to bring the dress while I was grocery shopping?"

"Okay, okay. I can go get it and bring it back. And by then you should already shower and have your makeup on and hair fixed."

I blinked as if the girl standing before me was talking some foreign language. What did those words even mean? Makeup?

"How about I just come with you?" I asked innocently, watching as she pondered over the thought.

Kelly tilted her head and pouted "We'll just be later. Now go work your magic, urine butt." 

And with that she left. Leaving me with a million questions on my mind. By the time she arrived I'd probably look like Ronald Mcdonald and even his makeup would look better than mine.

My reflection in the mirror stared back at me and I slowly unlocked Kelly's makeup kit. It was as if when it opened a golden light shown out of the box, almost blinding me with the things I've never used before. My eyes scanned the rows of foundation, eyeliner, concealer, blush, lipsticks and other materials. I picked up the makeup brush and it quivered in my hand. 

Here goes nothing. ☠

___________________________________________________________________

Maia Mitchell in the gif above as Kelly 

The party chapter will be next. I couldn't help myself.  I just had to update and trust me the other chapters after this will be longer, but expect them to be published later than these short ones . Thank you to all the amazing people who wished me happy birthday. I really appreciated it :) 

Vote and comment 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 12.7K 46
Sci-fi nut, blonde bombshell, and severely no filter Brooke is ready for a fresh start. Done are the days of trashy boyfriends, who couldn't find the...
16 0 11
A STORY YOU ARE GOING TO WANT TO READ ONCE EVERY YEAR BECAUSE IT'S JUST THAT FUNNY. Charlie gets an early Christmas gift. But it's not just an early...
2.6M 73.4K 45
Completed - He had me pinned against the wall outside of his dorm late at night. He was staring down at me angrily. I was confused to say the least...
42.4K 810 45
[COMPLETE] ------How do you stay away from someone you live in the same house with?------ Sienna Brown isn't popular. She's never been to a high-scho...