That Voice Actor's Voice

Od polaris_epsilon

Embark on a rollercoaster ride of workplace drama, hidden secrets, and unexpected friendships in "Ordinary Ec... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 10

4 0 0
Od polaris_epsilon

It's Conrad's audition today. I'm hoping that he'll get the role of Tarou! It will be this afternoon for the results on who will be chosen.

We still met yesterday and the other day to see if he got the role right. He promised that he did not stayed up late for practicing his role and ate on time. When I saw him yesterday after work, he seemed lively and his color has improved. This is the result for fulfilling his promise. I kind of feel happy.

He really got the role right. I felt like Tarou has come alive when Conrad tried to read his line! The evilness of Tarou was really conveyed properly by Conrad.

He even said that he finished all the manga volumes I've given to help him internalize but it was more effective for him to internalize his role when I helped him. He did realize one thing that his performance might have affected him in the past when he sleeps very late and does not eat properly due to internalizing his role for too long.

I think he got the hang of it by appreciating his role better. It's better to have someone by his side to practice but he can't forever depend on someone to help him practice. Well, I think sooner or later, he will get better independently.

"Guys, I have an announcement." Sir Mark is announcing something. All of us gathered to where Sir Mark is.

"I have already said this to Athena that we will have another recruit to our team. His name is Henry Moore. He will be under the supervision of Athena for one week starting next week."

Zilly, Charles, Reese, and other employees in our department looked at me.

"You'll be mentoring a new recruit this time, Athena. This will be your first time to mentor someone." Reese happily said this.

"Next announcement is we will be having a dinner night out today!" All of us reacted excitedly to the announcement.

"It will be the company's treat since our sales have sky rocketed lately. We'll be joining with the advertising team." Sir Mark said.

That's nice! Hurray for free dinner! Where would be eating? I hope it's just near the workplace.

"We'll be going to Garland city for our dinner night out so go with someone who has a car to go there." He added.

What? Garland city?! It's quite far! My commute going home will be quite a hassle! I'm not even that familiar with the commute in that place.

"Sir Charles, you have a car, right? Can I ride on your car?" Zilly bluntly asked Charles.

He agreed and said "Of course". He then looked at me and to Reese.

"You can both ride at my car. Apparently the others will ride on Sir Mark and to Sir John."

I looked at the others and they seemed planning to ride at Sir Mark and John. I don't want to ride with him, to be honest.

Anyway, how can I go home after our dinner outing? I don't want to go home late. For sure we'll eat out until 11pm or so.

Am I the only one that has a problem going home? We have never eaten out that far before. We usually dine out near our workplace.

"That would be all. Any objections or any violent reactions?" Sir Mark said.

I looked to other colleagues and seemed they don't have any problems. It makes me want to back out but I just can't say that I don't know how to go home from Garland city!

I waited if someone would react but none of us raised their objections. Oh no.

Sir Mark announced "Alright then. It's settled. Let's go back to business." and we all went back to our respective places.

"How surprising! I hope it is a high class restaurant! There are a lot of great restaurants in Garland city." Reese excitedly said this.

I pretend to be excited too but deep inside I'm a bit troubled. I'm the only disadvantaged one because I know the others live quite near to the area while I'm the other side of the this city.

I can't tell this to Reese because I don't want to bother her with this problem. I'm not a kid anymore that would whine about how to do this or that. Maybe I'll research on how to go home the fastest when we arrive there.

Garland city is quite known for restaurants, bars and clubs. I'm not familiar with that place because I don't drink and go to clubs. I haven't even set my foot in that place, ever. Oh boy, I bet we'll definitely go home late.

It's already 5pm and we're getting ready to go out. I checked my phone and there's still no message from Conrad if he got the role or not. Now I'm quite worried.

We all went to the underground parking and went to our respective groups. Reese, Zilly and I are inside Charles's car.

Charles's car is a sedan type of car. His car is very clean and sleek but simple. They say he's a rich guy but it says otherwise because his car is so simple. I believe he's telling the truth of being not a member of a high profiled family.

Zilly is seated at the passenger's seat while Reese and I are seated at the back seat. The journey going to Garland city has begun. As we passing by in front of our building, I saw Conrad and Lucas walking towards inside the building.

I gasped and looked back as my eyes were locked to the both and suddenly, Charles stopped the car and looked at the rear mirror to look at me.

"What is it, Barling?! That just made me nervous! I thought I just hit somebody!" He frowned at me. That serious face of his really gets me scared!

I looked in front and looked at him at the rear mirror. "I'm sorry! I-I just saw a.. uhm... a puppy!" I panicked while saying this.

"What? That's all? That's exaggerating." Zilly ridiculed me. "Don't just blab like that. What if we got into an accident just because of you!" Zilly is quite mad at me.

"Don't do that again, Barling. It's quite nerve-wracking to hear that while driving." Charles sternly said this to me.

"I'm sorry..." I said. I'm hurt again by Zilly and Charles's piercing words and tone of voice.

Charles sighed and went to continue to drive. Reese also said to me that her heart suddenly skipped when she heard me gasping. She asked what I really saw and I said it was just a puppy I saw. Can't tell that I just saw Conrad but the one that shocked me the most was Lucas.

Zilly continued to spout how I greatly shocked them earlier. However, Reese suddenly defended me by saying Zilly should not make it a big deal. She added that even she will react the way I acted if she saw a cute puppy down the road.

I'm gratedful Reese defended me. I just smiled at her to express my thanks and she smiled back at me too.

Eventually that conversation has been settled. Zilly, Charles and Reese are now having another conversation.

While they are having their conversation, I am typing a message to Conrad by saying:

Hi Conrad! I saw you entering at my company building. I'm currently going to Garland city to have a dinner out with my colleagues. Why are you at the company?

I sent the message and after a few moments, I received a reply from Conrad:

What? I was just wondering why you haven't gone out the company and I was about to ask the front desk. I'm supposed to surprise you that I got the role! I'm also supposed to treat you to dinner to celebrate and give you my thanks for helping me. I even invited Lucas just for you.

WHAT?! I should have declined going with this company dinner! I would much prefer going with Conrad! My precious Lucas is even there! I want to cry and scream! Nooo!

A follow message came from Conrad:

We'll dine out at another time. How about next week Friday? I'll invite Lucas again too. Maria was supposed to come today but she has a tight schedule but I'll invite her too.

I totally regret coming here. If Conrad notified me just earlier! But I don't blame him since he wanted it as a surprise.

I congratulated him with my reply and replied to him that I'm okay with it and I am sorry that he waited and made Lucas wait. How embarrassing that Lucas was made to wait for me. Why would be Lucas with him? Is Lucas part of the surprise too? If only...

I can't contain my smile right now. Lucas was waiting for me! A dinner with Lucas is beyond my dream!

After a one hour drive, we finally arrived to the restaurant that the company has booked for us. The restaurant is resto bar and grill.

Oh no, a bar. We'll definitely stay here until midnight.

The marketing and advertising team has shared a table and started the feast together.

Everyone now is enjoying the grilled food and some beer. Of course I didn't ordered beer, just iced tea.

I can hear some laughter and some are talking with each other while drinking some beer. I find myself aloof with many people like this gathering. I don't seem to fit with the conversations they're having. I join the conversation sometimes but most of the time I'm quiet.

Reese is beside me at my left but she's having a nice conversation from the advertising team that I can't even relate to. On my right, I'm beside with Caleb, from the advertising team. He is also busy grilling and talking to other colleagues. Even the colleagues in front of me are talking with each other.

So awkward. I want to go home. I just put a smiling face on me just to make me feel I belong here.

In our past meeting dinner or just a dinner night out, I'm not fond of talking to other colleagues, I'm just enjoying the great food. I was always pointed out that why I am so quiet and they encouraged me to talk. My excuse was I am always concentrated at the food because it is delicious and I am used to focus on food rather talking.

It's actually the first time that the marketing and advertising went together for a dinner night out. I'm more awkward to the advertising people because I don't interact with them much.

In reality, I am just forced to come with this kind of gathering in the past because it would be rude to not join them and they might say something weird to me. I'm just a work-home girl that wanted peace and I want to just relax at home with my parents and Mikan. I would have the courage to decline this dinner night out if only Conrad texted me earlier!

A girl from the advertising in front of me talked to me.

"Hey, you're almost done with eating your food. Eat more and don't just stay quiet there on your chair."

I just happily smiled at her and said "I'm still about to get more some food. I'm used to concentrate on the food because it's so delicious."

"Oh really?" She paused for a while and said "I remember that you are close with our new endorsers. How did you know them?" She asked.

I told her that Maria was the one who befriended me and we just met recently then eventually I got acquainted with Conrad.

"Sir Lee even praised you that you are acquainted to them which made the company trust the endorsers as well as to them to trust us." She's chugging down her beer.

"You know..." Caleb joined the conversation. "I heard Subaru say that they've had this encounter during the recording session last Saturday," Caleb even emphasized the word "encounter".

The colleagues in front of me was intrigued from the statement of Caleb.

"What encounter? Do you have a thing with our guy endorser? He's pretty hot during the filming last Sunday too!" Said the female colleague while looking at me.

I denied it quickly. "No! I don't have a thing for him. He's just a friend."

"Really? What's the encounter he's talking about?" Caleb begins to tease me as if Conrad and I did something malicious.

"He's talking about on how Maria, Conrad, and I got acquainted. That's all. We we're eating at a restaurant when the three of us first met." I said.

"You even call him Conrad! You seem very close to him. You sure there's nothing going on?" Caleb continues to tease me.

"Right! Tell us if the both of you have a thing!" The other female colleague from the advertising in front of me got intrigued from our conversation.

I constantly deny that we don't have a thing. How annoying! I just fake a smile at them because I'm getting annoyed.

"To be honest, he's too handsome to like you. I think a more outgoing, outspoken and a glamorous person would be his type, don't you think?" This colleague looked at the other female colleague then they laughed together.

They're mocking me! Here we go again, they're judging me based on how quiet I am and how I look. This gets me so irritated and at the same time lowers my self-esteem.

I just smiled at them but deep inside I'm sad. I get these comments a lot for being quiet, too reserved and too simple.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked.

"No, I don't." I said.

"That's expected." Caleb is chuckling at me.

How rude!

"Be more outgoing like us and work out on your style a little bit so that you can get yourself a boyfriend. It's high time you must have a boyfriend." Said the other colleague.

I still continued to smile but I can feel my smile is breaking.

"Come 'on, you're already in your mid-20s. You're not getting younger." Caleb said this while grilling.

"Speaking of our new endorser..."

I heard Zilly's voice saying that. I turned my head to my right. She's beside Caleb.

"I really thought too that they have something." She mockingly laughed and said "I also thought she got pregnant with him when I heard the word vomit from her one time!" She continues to mock me.

"WHAAT?!" Caleb and the two ladies in front of me looked at me with their surprised look.

I immediately cleared it out that my cat was the one who vomited for eating something bad. I'm still showing them a forced smile because I don't want to ruin the mood of this dinner. I want to get mad at Zilly for saying that in front of everyone but I can't since they will say again that I'm too serious and can't take a single joke.

"You got me there, Zilly! I almost believed your joke!" The female colleague in front of me said this while laughing.

I'm so tired of smiling and laughing right now. Now my other colleagues from the other department makes fun of me now.

"It will be a miracle for a celebrity like Subaru to prefer Athena since he got the looks to be paired to another model-celebrity-like lady, right? A person like me might be a match!" The other female colleague said this while laughing together with Zilly, Caleb and the other colleague.

Don't mind them, Athena! Just laugh it off! Though it's really painful to hear that they are implying that I'm not a pretty person.

I just continued to make a forced laugh at them. Here we go again, I'm comparing myself to others. They are indeed looks mature and pretty to look at, compared to me. I'm not a girl who has a nice height, beauty and body just like them.

Caleb gave me a glass and poured me a cold beer from a can in front of me.

"Drink some beer for a change! You're the only one who is not drinking some beer right now."

I pushed back the glass away from me and I said "I just don't like drinking beer."

Caleb pushed the glass towards me.

"Come on! Don't act as a goody-two-shoes person. This is a day to celebrate! Loose a little bit." He still insists me to drink.

"Athena Barling! He's right! Loose a little bit! You're old enough to drink beer." Sir Mark seemed drunk saying this.

He's drunk! All of the colleagues then suddenly cheered me by saying first name to make me drink the beer.

"Athena. Athena. Athena." They even made a beat while saying this by tapping on the table.

I'm being peer pressured! How will I react?! I can't just ruin the mood and they might get mad at me for not being a "good sport". I'm literally divided whether I should drink it or not!

I slowly got a grip on the glass. The cheers got louder as I am bringing the glass to my mouth hesitantly. I don't want to do this but-!

Reese tapped my shoulder and she even even said "Just a sip will do!" She's cheering me to drink too!

Can't take it anymore! Just this once!

I'm finally drinking the beer with my eyes forcefully closed. Gosh, I don't want to look at them while I'm drinking!

Yuck, the beer tastes bitter! While I'm drinking it, they were screaming and cheering at me.

I stopped drinking and placed the glass on the table. There's still half left in the glass.

"I can't do it anymore... I don't like the taste!" I protested.

"That's weak! Don't be choosy! It's a waste if you don't drink it all!" Zilly was mocking me.

All of them were still cheering at me to finish the drink. My hand is shaking right now to reach the glass.

I'm so humiliated right now! I don't want this!

I got a hold of the glass again. As I am about to bring the glass to my mouth, someone grabbed the glass behind from me.

I looked behind me and everyone stopped cheering. Charles stood behind me and drank my remaining beer. All of the colleagues looked surprised at him.

Charles chugged down the remaining beer and finally placed the empty glass on the table.

"Caleb gave away my portion." He then wiped his mouth using the back of his hand.

Caleb then said "Huh? You still have left on your-"

"Anyways, I'm just going to the comfort room to leak." Charles cut Caleb off.

Charles went off to the comfort room and some other colleagues then teased me about how is my experience on drinking beer that much.

I can see the female colleagues in front of me are now teasing Caleb for giving away Charles's beer.

I've relaxed a little bit from shaking and then I slouched back on my chair. I'm finally free from them! However, I can still feel the humiliation they gave to me. I think I should be cool about it this time because we're at a dinner night out. I should not ruin the mood.

It's 9pm and most of the colleagues wanted some round two, they want to drink at the bar at this place. They stood from their chairs and went to the bar section. All of them actually went to the bar.

It's still quite early and I think I still can go home before 12! I went to the bar section to ask permission to go home. Sir Mark drunkenly said I can go. Reese is up for the second round and I already told her that I'm going home.

I stood by near the exit of the resto bar and googled the direction on how to go home on my phone.

So I need to ride a taxi first then ride on to the train station. I need to get off to where the connecting platform is. From my arrival after riding the connecting train, I need to ride a 30-minute bus ride then walk to my home. A total of two-hour ride to go home.

What a hassle. There is no train or bus that can bring me home directly.

I walked out of the resto bar and I'm currently waiting for the taxi to come by. It's quite chilly outside since it's already evening.

I kept waiting for a taxi to come by but there's not a single taxi coming by!

I went back inside of the resto bar and asked the reception lady if there are any taxis coming by in the area.

The lady said taxis are quite rare in this area since there is now Uber that is commonly used in this area. The lady recommended that I use Uber for my destination.

I don't even have that app on my phone! In fact, I have never used that app because I don't go out that much.

I hate this day! I missed the opportunity to go have dinner with Lucas, got reprimanded by Charles and Zilly, I got ridiculed by the other colleagues and then his hassle to go home! My heart and mind is so exhausted by these things.

I heard someone's footsteps coming closer. I looked to the direction of the footsteps coming closer and I saw Charles walking towards to where I am at. We then looked at each other.

»»»»»End of Chapter 10«««««

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

46.1K 975 22
~complete~ "I want to stop whatever this is! because I'm already falling for you!" A teen pop sensation billie eilish just had a break up, her team...
616K 11.5K 41
Book #1 (Tainted Scars Series) He grabbed my waist and pulled me down into his lap. "Do I have to fuck you in front of your brother? Is that what it...
401K 8.1K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...
45.1K 1.8K 65
Y/N was a rising actress in the entertainment industry. After leaving her former company and signing onto a much bigger one, she encountered a surpri...