𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞

By kajixcandy

[Jang Han Seok x OC!Reader x Jang Han Seo] Marionette /ˌmarɪəˈnɛt/ Noun - ● a puppet worked by strings. ● a... More

1. Arrival
2. Red dress and Whisky
3. Gummy Bears
4. Puppet
5. Best Friend
6. Weakness
7. Movie date
8. Choffee And Rain
10. Accelerator
11. Blooming Bitter
12. Chestnut
13. Bourbon Old Fashioned
14. Lottery Ticket
15. Harmonious Discord

9. Trap

2K 87 19
By kajixcandy

"then do just as I say okay?"  

you felt chills when you heard those words with unexplainable fear spreading through you and the temperature going down from the chilly rain, you laughed nervously 
"what do you mean? what's that all of a sudden."

"nothing really, if there ever rises a situation when I ask you for something, promise me that you'll do it" 

"okay" you agreed to his request nervously

checking the time in your phone, you turned to your friend, "It's late. I should go." 

"it's still raining. I'll drop you off?" Jun Woo offered, you looked through the window and assessed the rain, it was raining cats and dogs. it would be better to just take up on his offer to drive you home. 

"sure" you nodded. wearing your coat and pulling your handbag over your shoulder as Jun Woo grabbed his own coat and car keys. 

...

"Haru!" You heard your name being and jumped back into reality from zoning out.

"where has your mind been?" Min Seong asked you worriedly

"nowhere. absolutely nowhere" you answered him, "sorry. I'm ready"

Min Seong took that as a sign and asked the fellow subordinates to start the monthly briefing. you gave all your attention during the meeting and pointing and pulling some little details asking for them to explain those along with discussing how to resolve some complaints and performances of branches and departments. Min Seong was impressed, you were almost qualified enough to take up his position. 

after the briefing ended you went to your office, it had been a long day and all the time you spent were in the meeting and in Min Seong's office, discussing other things with him. 

you hung up your blazer in the little closet hidden in the room and grabbed a water bottle, sitting down in your chair, chugging the water. 
flipping your heels off your feet you stretched, relaxing for a moment until you heard the phone on your desk ring and you groaned. 

"yes?" you answered with a more pleasant and neutral tone in order to not let the caller feel bad. 

"good evening ma'am, this is the reception desk, there is someone who wishes to visit you, he said his name is Jang Jun Woo, a friend of yours?"

you were thankful it was just your friend, if it was someone else you would have to go back to the vice-president, you were tired of today. and also happy to hear his name, it's been a few days and you haven't really spoken to him, you got busy the moment you got officially positioned on Monday. 

instantly telling the receptionist to let your friend in, you smiled excitedly. waiting for a few minutes, you heard the door knock and gave them permission to enter, your friend entering as he held the straps of his backpack and you smiled at the person who escorted him in politely and he took his leave, leaving the two of you alone. 

once the door closed behind him, you squealed out his name loud enough not be heard from the other side of the door and him doing the same with your name.  

Jun Woo asked you for some water and you got up from your desk, heading to the mini refrigerator with your back turned to him. he quietly locked the door behind him while you grabbed a bottle for him and handed it to him as he sat down in one of the chairs. 

you walked back to your desk barefoot and leaned against it while you faced him. your palms resting on the surface to support rest of your body.
"so how has that lawsuit with Babel go?" you asked remembering his schedule from about two days ago. 

"it was a total disaster, there was a hornet in the courtroom. A hornet! can you believe it? it got postponed. it was the judge who got stung,  it was pretty bad." Jun Woo complained. 

you laughed at the little, the presence of a hornet in a courtroom was completely new and unheard of. 

"but you know, I'm pretty pissed off." Jun Woo said in a low tone, looking down at the hand rest of the chair he was siting in, his fingers making little circles on it. his tongue rolling around his lower teeth. "it's annoying"

his tone caught you off-guard, usually he would laugh along on something like that. you quietly call out his name. 

Jun Woo looked at you, his sharp gaze piercing into your your eyes, you tensed up, feeling chills once again, fear starting to grow and loom onto you. you smiled weakly at him, "don't worry, I'm sure you'll win it."

"Is that what you think?" he asked, getting up and slowly making his way towards you. "remember when I asked you to do exactly as I tell you to?" 

"what about it?" you asked seriously, you caught on to him, it was definitely not an innocent little request he made and he had an ulterior motive behind it. 

"Help Babel." he said looking down at you, his height clearly giving him an advantage in dominance. 

"wait why? why Babel? I don't get it, how can I even help Babel. it makes no sense!" you frowned and scrunched your brows in confusion 

"you can and you should" Jun Woo said and leaned down with his hands placed on the table around you, trapping you in between him and the piece of furniture, his lips next to your ear whispering "unless you want your dear brother in trouble"

your eyes widened in shock as you turned your head to face him, looking right into his eyes, he gave a little smirk.

instantly pushing him off you, you looked at him furiously demanding an answer for what he meant by the remark.

"isn't your brother into men?" he asked the question rhetorically, "wouldn't it be interesting if word about him assaulting his dates travel around?" 

"and how do you plan on doing that? he hasn't harmed anyone." you scoffed crossing your arms, "even if you do that you will be charged for defamation and false accusations, you know that right? you are a lawyer yourself."

"it's because I'm a lawyer that I can make it happen. creating evidences, victims and witnesses will be a cakewalk" Jun Woo smiled at you already feeling the taste of victory against you.

"and with the conservative and judgmental country we live in, the loss would be huge, wouldn't it? how badly do you think it will affect your company?" he mockingly held his chin and looked up pretending to be in thought which only made your blood boil.

"why are you doing this?" you asked, it made no sense. "what is that damned company even to you? why does it fucking matter so much? and why am I involved in it?"

Jun Woo reached out and held your wrists, as much as you struggled to get away from him, you couldn't, his grip was too strong. tightening his hold.

"isn't it obvious? I can answer all of that in one word, Mine" Jun Woo said it simply, his eyes carried venom. 

"Jason" you whispered the name you were more familiar with, trying to pry his hands off from your own, "it hurts. stop it"

"then do just as I say okay?" he asked the same question again but this time it a threat, you had to submit or you were bound to suffer. "this is just the tip of the iceberg, if you don't want anything bad to happen, you better do so."

you had no choice, you had to give in. the pain was too much to bear and you could feel your hands getting numb and slowly losing sensation in them, you looked at his face once again and stared into his eyes. he wasn't not the person you knew, and certainly not your friend. 

you nodded in fear. but he did not take it as an answer.

"I can't hear you, say it" he said in a bored and annoyed voice, as if he wanted to get over it quickly. 

a small but clear yes left your lips and instantly he let go of your hands and backed away. 

"good. you promised alright?" he said out loud. "and if you dare to break it and try to stab me in the back, it won't be the slightest bit pretty. alright?" he narrowed his eyes at you.

you nodded back in full understanding as you took a step back, your bar feet feeling the clod floor underneath you. 

"well that is it, I'll take my leave now. good night!" he smiled like nothing happened, grabbing his bag and unlocking the door but stopped to look back to you as if he forgot something "and if you tell anyone about what just happened, I'll kill you" 

with that he just left room leaving you in a puddle of emotions. you couldn't explain how you felt. 

sliding down and sitting on the plain floor in cold sweat, you couldn't believe what just happened. you could do nothing but cry.

your only friend turned out to be something that could hurt you. 

was he ever even your friend? 

did you even know who he really was? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

968K 24.3K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
166K 4.9K 51
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
364K 21.7K 78
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
497K 20.4K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...