When you're drunk || Karlnap

By Cyleed

After Karl's parents had separated, his mum decided to start over. They moved from Britain to America and Kar... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty four
Epilogue
Thank you
special chapter

chapter thirty three

9.2K 143 579
By Cyleed

The alarm was starting to beep and Karl buried his head down into the chest of his boyfriend. It was way too early to stand up for a day of summer vacation and yet his hand reached behind him to grope after his phone, which was vibrating and making unnecessarily loud noises on his night stand. As soon as he felt the display under his palm, he pulled it towards himself. His body turned around as well as he swiped one digit over the screen, turning the alarm off. Keeping his head up for a few seconds was already making it feel heavier than ever before and before he could even think about turning on the other side again, to turn into the warm embrace of Sapnap, his head fell down into the cold and velvety feeling of the not used cushion. He heard the duvet behind him rustling and hands were snaking their way up on the brunet hips under the duvet. With a swift movement, Karl's back was resting against Sapnap's chest. He felt the periodically breathing and it was singing him into another wave of safeness. The hands wandered up and they swung around his upper body, engulfing him. While Karl's hands were close to his own chest, he felt fingers grazing against his own ones and intertwining with them in an instant. Not just Karl's hands were now in Sapnap's, no, he'd also lay his heart into his hands any second.

"You know that we need to stand up", the smaller one whispered into the nape of the brunet, sending shivers down his spine.

Karl only groaned and cuddled himself deeper into the cushions and his boyfriend. "Normally I am the one to say that and you don't want to stand up so please have mercy with me this time", he mumbled.

But Sapnap had no mercy with the taller boy. When Karl heard him wallowing behind him and thereafter sitting up, he grumbled yet again into the cushion.

"Come on. Did you forget where we are going today, little?", there was amusement in the voice of the smaller boy as his hands grabbed the endings of the duvet to pull it back in one movement.

"Stop! Give it back, it's cold".

Karl finally sat up as well but not to stand up. His eyes darted around the room to find the duvet but it was curled up in the tight embrace of Sapnap. There was somewhat greed inside the blue eyes and the smaller boy laughed slightly. "You look like you want to rip this blanket out of the grip of my dead body", he said.

"I do and that's one hundred percent what I'm about to do now".

It was probably senseless to run after Sapnap to get the blanket because he was way more awake than the taller boy. But still, Karl jumped up from the bed and just then his head felt dizzy that he needed to stand still for a second. As his vision went clear again, he started to run towards his opponent. Of course he was faster and his feet were already making the stairs squeak as he stepped quickly down on them, Karl close behind him.

Surely his head wasn't working clearly and the tiredness was still holding the gears back from turning so without even thinking, he jumped off the last two stairs to land on the back of Sapnap. He croaks a guttural groan as he almost buckles down from the sudden weight on his back.

"Hey! Don't act like I'm overweight now!", Karl scolded jokingly.

"You're obviously not! You just jumped off of two stairs and landed on my back without any warning. And my body didn't even really wake up", his hands sneaked under the thighs of the brunet as he lifted him up a little bit to be more comfortable. He tilted his head down once again to plant a quick kiss on the intertwined hands in front of him and in return he felt the light boy on his back snuggling more down and sighing in comfortableness. Sapnap smiled to himself and he felt needles pushing into his heart, making it tickle and hurt in a way that he never wanted it to stop.

"Don't you dare fall asleep on my back now, Karl", he accentuated ominously.

"But it's just too hard to not to", the boy on his back mumbled and turned his head around. "Do you know how great you smell? You smell like home to me and it's impossible to not feel safe around it".

His heart was hammering inside his chest, the holes in his heart from the needles filling up again with the affection he felt for the brunet. It's bigger than ever, hearing the words home falling from the sleep deprived boy behind him was making his body combusting with adoration. Karl had always been his home, from the second on he had cleaned his wounds and let him sleep at his place, in his bed and by his side.

"You're only trying to make me flustered. Come on, we need to get ready", Sapnap stooped down a little bit to get the brunet off of his back.

"But it's working. You're flustered", Karl placed one of his hands on the left side of the smaller one's chest. "And your heart is beating very fast", he giggled slightly.

"Yeah yeah. Get off of my back now, you spider monkey".

Before he got off he gave him a quick kiss in the nape, watching goosebumps appearing with amusement. "I love to have this effect on you", the brunet whispered, his hand yet again sneaking gently over the goosebumps on Sapnap's nape.

Sapnap let go of him very cautiously and as soon as Karl's feet were on concrete ground, he turned around to face him. The glint in the taller boy's eyes was making Sapnap roll his eyes.

"Alright, we need to eat something before we get going", he said.

Karl only hummed, amusement not to be overheard in what couldn't even been comprehend as a word.

They meandered into the kitchen and made themselves the best breakfast that was there to make in the house. Cereals.

"Don't you think we'll get hungry on the drive?", the brunet asked as he shoved another spoon of cereal into his mouth.

"I don't know. Maybe, I mean it's a three hours drive", Sapnap shrugged and swallowed his cereal down as well.

"We could drive by a Starbucks or something like that", Karl looked up to see the smaller one raising his eyebrows at him.

"We're already pretty late because you didn't want to stand up and jumped on my back".

Karl rolled his eyes. "Do you want me to starve to death in the car?".

"You're literally eating right now, you won't starve. And also, you can make yourself some bread and eat it in the car if you're getting hungry", he stood up and put his empty bowl into the dishwasher before he leaned his body against it, arms crossed over his chest and his eyes focused on his boyfriend at the table.

"You sound like my mum", the brunet got up as well and shoved Sapnap away to also put his bowl into the dishwasher.

They looked at each other and when the smaller boy placed his hands on the upper arms of Karl, he let out a sigh. "I'm excited for our trip", he said.

Karl smiled and nodded. "Me too".

------------------

After they had brought their luggage into the car, they got into their first argument of the day.

"I taught you how to drive I think that's a good reason that you're the one driving us", Sapnap closed the trunk and turned around, only to see Karl's desperate look on his face.

"I just started driving and you want me to drive us all the way down the east coast? Do you really want to die so badly?".

"It's a good way to practice and get into it!".

"Into dying?".

"Oh my god, okay fine! I'm driving you idiot", Sapnap walked over to the driver's side and he watched begrudgingly how his boyfriend eased himself into the passenger seat.

"Also, you were the one who pulled my blanket away this morning and I am still pretty tired and exhausted because of that. I shouldn't be driving when I am tired, right?", Karl tilted his head to the side in a cocky manor.

"You wanted to go on summer vacation with me!".

"Guess it was a stupid idea, huh? I mean, I don't like waking up this early in the morning", the taller boy leaned his head back against the seat.

"But we can sleep as long as we want the next few days", Sapnap put the key into the ignition and turned it around. The car started humming.

"We can. But when we need to drive back, we have to wake up early again", the brunet closed his eyes before he yawned and slept through the whole drive.

-----------------------

A light breeze mingled with the smell of summer and beach sneaked its way into the nose of Karl before it descended down into his body, making him opening his eyes to see the wondrously surroundings outside. He sat himself up and placed his hands on the open window, dodged his head out a little bit to smell Miami a little bit better.

"I hope you had enough sleep now. You slept through the whole drive", someone next to him mumbled. He didn't need to turn his head around to know that it was his boyfriend, I mean who else could it be? He had been spending the last weeks and even months with him together and to be honest, he was contemplating a fight because they were getting annoyed by each other. But it was reassuringly that they only grew closer and closer every day and that their love for each other grew with it as well.

"You know my answer to that, Sap", Karl answered, still jaunty submerged by the great smell and feelings inside him.

The smaller boy huffed in amusement. "I do", he murmured. "You can never get enough sleep", his head rotated around to the passenger seat and he stared a little bit too long at his horrendous pretty boyfriend. His skin was looking so beautiful under the sunshine, so gold and light. Sapnap never wanted to worship someone so much.

"At least I'm not hungry now", he suddenly mumbled and it snapped the smaller boy out of his absentmindedly state. He focused his eyes back on the road and drove ahead.

"Suddenly I am. Let's take a halt at Starbucks".

Karl pivots towards Sapnap and looked at him with an indignantly look, his eyebrows scrunched together in a frown. He didn't miss the small smile on the lips of the boy behind the steering wheel and he shook his head before he fell into a fit of giggles.

It didn't took them long to find a Star Bucks and luckily there wasn't a long line by the drive through. So they drove towards the intercom system and ordered food a drinks, parked on the parking spot and got outside. Sapnap walked around the car to stand in front of his boyfriend who was leaning mindlessly against the car, sipping from his coffee.

"So much caffein is not good for you, you know that right?", he said as Karl lowered the cup from his lips.

He licked over them once before he stood himself up a little bit and whispered: "Maybe you're not good for me".

Sapnap tilted his head forward as well, meeting the other boy in the middle. "Maybe", he accentuated before he met the lips of the brunet in kiss. A warm kiss, his lips were still hot because of his drink and the only think Sapnap could taste was the coffee mixed with a little bit of Karl. He leaned back and rested his forehead against the other's one.

"You taste like coffee", he said.

"You taste like chocolate", Karl answered and he tilted his head again to meet his lips for another time.

"I don't like coffee", Sapnap tilted his head back again.

"I love chocolate".

"You love me".

"I do, so kiss me now".

The smaller boy laughed slightly before he leaned down to kiss him for another time.

------------------------

First day, 1 PM

Karl reached his hand out and swiped his thumb quickly over the nose of Sapnap. "Sunscreen", he said as he smiled to him. The smaller one smiled back and gyrated his head forward again, Karl following afterwards.

"Do you have anything planned for today?", Sapnap asked.

"Not really. I thought we could just explore the city for a bit", the hand of the brunet sneaked into the one of his lover and they molted together in an instant.

The sun was shining down on both of them but today it was too hot to say it was enjoyable. For Karl who used to live in England, it was very hot and sweat was already running down his back. He didn't know why he just said that they could explore the city, he regretted it already. Exploring the city means walking a lot and that wasn't something you look forward to when it's hot.

"You look uncomfortable. Are you alright?", the smaller boy tightened his grip to stop Karl from walking ahead. He pulled him cautiously into a corner of shadow.

"Yeah, m'fine. It's just the weather I guess", the brunet leaned against the wall of the house they were currently standing in front of.

"You know Dream travelled to England with George since he was born there as well. Why didn't we do that?", he sighed and closed his eyes as the shadow cooled him down a little bit.

Sapnap bit down on his lips as his eyes were looking around pensively. Suddenly, he turned his head around quickly, looked at Karl whose sweat was running down his neck and more down towards parts the smaller one would like to worship another time. "Can I let you stay here alone for a few minutes? I'll be right back", he said.

Karl opened his eyes to that and looked at him with a confused stare. "Sure", he just answered.

He watched how Sapnap smiled at him swiftly before he turned around and walked off to the other side of the street. Since Karl's vision was blurry, he couldn't really see what his boyfriend was doing there. He was standing at a small stand, talking to a guy who was selling something.

And he really came back just as fast as he left. There was a black hat in his hand and Karl rolled his eyes before a smile overtook his lips. The smaller boy placed the hat on the brown hair and pushed it down with his hands which were snaking down on his cheeks afterwards to pull him into a quick kiss. "There you go", he smiled back at him.

"I'm not sure if this is helping much", the brunet giggled and repositioned the hat on his head.

"You're hard to please, do you know that?", Sapnap sighed before his hand slipped into the other one again to pull him ahead.

"I'm not. I'm just hot", Karl felt a little bit better in the sun as the hat was keeping the rays away from his face.

Sapnap scoffed before he said: "Well, yeah I know that".

The taller boy rolled his eyes and he felt his cheeks reddening.

Sapnap only laughed at that.

"Did you really meant what you said?", he suddenly asked.

"What?", Karl was confused, he already had forgot what he had said. "You know I forget things very easily so what do you mean?", he joked but stopped laughing as he saw the oddly serious face of the smaller one.

"That you would rather like to be in England with Dream and George".

The brunet frowned. "Well, okay I may forget things but I clearly didn't say that. And no, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now, Sap", his thumb ran over the back of Sapnap's hand in a soothing purpose and it caused him to sigh.

"We could travel to England in the next holidays, you know? If you want to", Sapnap looked to his side to catch a glimpse of the small smile forming on the red lips of Karl.

"I have been thinking about this for a while now as well", he said. "You know, showing you my hometown".

There was a pause before he talked ahead.

"I have been daydreaming about something really stupid. You know, maybe you'll like England as much as I do and maybe we could someday", Karl stopped himself and bit down on his lip.

"What do you mean maybe? I'll definitely like it", now it was Sapnap's time to run his thumb over the other's hand softly.

"Don't say that. You don't know that yet".

Silence again.

"I had a dream of us. Older, a little bit and we were living in England. Happy, together and in love".

Sapnap felt warmth floating through his chest and settling down in his big heart that was only beating for the brunet.

"We'll definitely travel to England soon, little one", he smiled at him. "And your dream sounds like the most beautiful thing to me".

Karl smiled back at him and leaned himself against the side of his boyfriend.

-------------------

Third day, 8:30PM

The sun was setting and it was time for Karl to finally relax and ease into the last days of the vacation that he had with Sapnap. Both of them decided to take a walk around the city in the dusk and maybe even catching the sunset at the beach. With that thought lingering inside the brain of the brunet, he gripped the hand of Sapnap and pulled him out of the house as he was just putting his shoes on.

"Come on! You're way too slow, what if we miss the sunset!".

The smaller one tumbled after him and was still fumbling around with his right shoe.

"It's not like it's our last day. We can see the sunset tomorrow if we miss it", he finally managed to get his shoe on and he was now walking next to Karl who was still walking way more quicker than him. Within seconds, Sapnap was out of breath and the taller one was to follow as well. Thus they walked slower, trying to maintain their breathing while doing so.

After a few minutes they eventually saw the beach. There was a group of people around a campfire, sitting in folding chairs. When Karl felt his feet sinking down into the softness of the sand, he felt like he was walking on clouds for a short time. Just as he came to a halt out of sudden to take off his shoes, it was Sapnap's time to stare at him with confused eyes. But the brunet didn't answer, he just kicked off his shoes and ran towards the water. He turned around last second to hold out his arms towards his boyfriend, an invitation to join him that the smaller one rather not wanted to accept.

"I'll drive us home if you come inside the water with me", Karl shouted.

Sapnap huffed and shook his head with a small smile on his lips.

"Deal?", he heard him shouting again

Sapnap didn't answer as well, he just kicked off his shoes and ran towards his lover who was already knee close into the cold water. He looked unadulterated beautiful and when he was finally standing in front of him again, chest to chest and solely them in the water of the ocean, it felt like a flower just blossomed out inside the smaller one's chest and rose up towards his throat and searched a way out of his suffocating body. And as the brunet leaned forward and pressed his lips against the ones of Sapnap, he thought that the flower might just started to grow even bigger. It was growing branches through his whole body, pushing against it and causing his whole body to tickle. When Karl leaned back and looked at him with pure elation, the flower took root in his stomach.

Blue eyes were looking past him and suddenly, the taller boy nodded to something behind him. Sapnap turned around to see the group of people around the campfire waving at them.

"Do you want to join them?", Karl asked.

"We can if you want", the smaller one gyrated his head around again only to see the brunet nodding at him.

Their hands intertwined as they were walking out of the water and towards the group of people. The fire was sending a shiver through both of their bodies after they had just been in the cold water and it was making them comfortable and somehow uncomfortable at the same time.

"You guys can sit down. I'm Badboyhalo", he patted on one of the chairs next to him.

"I'm Karl. And this is Sapnap", they both sat down.

"Are you guys from here? I saw you two a few days ago, well I saw you", he nodded towards Sapnap "buying a hat at the stand of Niki", he nodded towards a girl with pink hair. She smiled and raised her hand to softly wave at them.

"No, we're just on vacation here. But yeah, I bought that hat for Karl".

They all nodded.

The other people introduced themselves as well and Karl, Sapnap, Bad, Niki, Skeppy and Puffy spent the whole night sitting around the campfire, enjoying the warmth coming from it and the wholly beautiful night.

--------------------

Third day, 1:34AM

"Are you tired?", Karl asked as he watched Sapnap typing on his phone.

"Not really. Why are you asking?", he put his phone down and laid his head on the back of the couch.

"Just wondering".

The brunet's stomach grumbled just in time and Sapnap really tried his best to not laugh. "You could've just asked for me to cook something for you, little one".

He stood up and walked towards the kitchen, hearing the taller boy scurrying after him. "Why are you always calling me that? You're the smaller one here", he said as he leaned himself against the counter.

"I still think the name fits you pretty good", Sapnap turned around and placed his hands next to the body of the brunet, wedging him against the counter.

He leaned his head down to meet soft lips in an ardent kiss. It sent his head reeling and his heartbeat considerably beating quicker. As his hands moved down towards the hips of the taller boy, settling there before they sneaked their way up under the shirt of Karl and he felt the skin under his hands turning into magma. Sapnap broke the kiss but only to let his lips wander down and worship every inch of the body in front of him, starting at the sensitive skin of his neck. He heard Karl winding as he started to suck on his neck and it was already driving him delirious. The breath of him was subdued, just like the little moan that left his mouth as one of the hands sneaked down towards his knee to help him jump up and sit on the counter. Green eyes were scurrying over the purple neck from suction with a ravenous gleam in them before swollen lips were pressed against another pair of swollen lips again.

Suddenly, a phone rang.

Sapnap leaned his head back and right into his nape with an annoyed groan erupting him.

"Who is it?", Karl asked, his voice shaky.

"Bet".

"Quackity?", the brunet giggled slightly.

And of course it was him.

The tranquillity was destroyed as the smaller one clicked on the green button, accepting the face time call. Quackity's face was filling his screen in an instant and he was screaming 'hi' into the microphone.

"Hi! How are you guys doing? How is t-", he stopped mid sentence and his eyebrows scrunched together before he started to wheeze.

"Fuck, did I just interrupted something. Oh my god, this is embarrassing!".

"What? No, we were just about to eat something, nothing more!", Karl mindlessly placed his right hand on the left side of his neck.

"Yeah yeah, sure. Eat each other or what?", the boy with the beanie quipped.

"Alright, talk to you later", Sapnap waved his hand quickly before his digit was moving towards the red button.

"Sure! Enjoy your meal".

The last thing they heard before the call finally ended was the loud laugh of their friend. And both of them joined him afterwards.

-------------------

Day of driving home, 11:23AM

Karl's hand was immediately grasping towards his phone on the night stand as he saw the light outside the window. Did he really oversleep? Why didn't Sapnap woke him up? And where is he anyways?

He sat up in an instant as he saw the time on his phone. They were supposed to leave around 8AM and it's almost half past eleven now. His head turned to the side as a light yellow thing on the other night stand caught his attention. Karl stretched his arm out over the bed to find out that the yellow thing was a note from Sapnap.

I'm getting breakfast. We're driving home this evening so no need to wake or stand up soon.

Sleep well, my little one

The brunet smiled to himself and fell back into the softness of the many cushions in the bed. Within seconds, he fell asleep again.

---------------------

9:43PM

"I got into the cold water because you said you'd drive us home! So, no! I'm not leaving this seat", Sapnap pulled the seatbelt over his body and Karl watched him, a pout on his face that left as he closed the door with a loud thud.

"There's no reason to be angry now. It was your deal".

"Yeah, yeah. Shut up", the taller boy stepped down on the gas as he flipped the keys in the ignition.

"If you're dying because of me, I'm not sorry", he said.

"Good to know", Sapnap scoffed and rolled his eyes before he watched the street lamps lightning the deserted streets and pavements in the neighborhood they had stayed in for the last few days.

------------------

11:13PM

"Can't we just take a break? I don't want to drive in the rain".

The windshield wipers were swiftly swiping over the wet windshield, giving Karl a little bit of a clear vision for a few seconds.

"Of course. We can park on this pavement for a few minutes and wait until the storm gets a little bit better", Sapnap tried to mollify him but the brunet was rather tense behind the steering wheel right now.

He parked on the pavement in front of a house, not bother to keep the entrance free. Who would decide to go outside right now anyways?

The motor stopped humming and the only thing that was humming then was the rain against the roof and windows of the car. The sound was settling itself inside the body of Karl and he got submerged by it, enwrapped by it.

Suddenly he opened his eyes slowly, a smirk on his lips growing as he opened the door of the car. Rain was already getting inside the car, making the seat and Karl himself wet.

"Karl! What are you doing, close the door!", the smaller boy behind him sat himself up as well to watch his boyfriend jump out of the car.

His whole body was soaking wet within seconds and he giggled slightly, tilted his head back and stepping even further on the street.

"Karl, come on. You're gonna catch a cold".

But Karl only span around and laughed even more. "Come outside, Sap. Please it's so much fun".

It was probably futile to argue with him now because it was utterly clear to both of them that the smaller boy would rather die than get soaking wet in the rain. He was okay with watching his boyfriend spinning around in the rain, a big smile on his face as his cheeks turned into a shade of ruby. He was unfaltering beautiful, flawless even as the raindrops were running down his face so swiftly. As the blue eyes opened and gazed into the other pair of green eyes, Sapnap relented and opened his door as well. Initial, it was uncomfortable. The wet clothes sticking to his skin and raindrops running down everywhere. But it all got into oblivion as he kissed his little one fervently, hoisting him up and deepening the kiss. Fingers were gazing against his neck and he melted underneath the soft touch. There were still splotches of beautiful purple on the neck of Karl and he hoped they'd never fade away, just like his love for him would never ever fade away.

-------------------

Hey, thank you for reading chapter thirty three! It's longer than the other ones I wrote so I hope you took your time to read it and enjoyed it :)
Sorry if it got a little shitty at the end, long chapters are sometimes messing with my patience lol.

Two chapters left!

Follow my twitter cyleedd for more updates on this and my other stories!

Ily & stay healthy <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 111 11
Quackity visits george but when george has not told him he has a sister Quackity is surprised, You are 17 - 18 years old in this story. I write as i...
10.1K 241 47
When George starts doubting his life after a long while of being okay. When Dream doesn't know how to help him and remain mentally stable himself. W...
486K 16.5K 62
Karl is finding it more and more difficult to hide his feelings for his best friend, Sapnap. He's willing to risk it all for his chance at love, but...
16.8K 433 16
Tw: contains, suicide, s/h, abuse, homophobia?, death. George battles with depression and Dream tries to help him get through it. Sapnap, his bestfri...