Adjectives ~ REGULUS BLACK

By cardanshoe

"I'll always love you, till the end of time" "Till the end of time" STARTED -5/1/21 COMPLETED - HIGHEST RANKI... More

Characters
Disclaimers
Summary
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Authors note (a small thank you)
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57

36

2.9K 70 10
By cardanshoe

"Do you have everything?" asked Euphemia Potter for the third time since they arrived at the platform.

Delilah nodded as she wrapped her arms around her mother's neck and moved to her farther giving him too a hug.

"Be careful but don't forget to have fun, okey?"

"Yes dad, I'll miss you" said Delilah and kissed her forehead giving her a slight push towards James who was waiting patiently to say goodbye to his sister.

"I love you and I'll miss you and if Black does something write to me immediately" he said and Delilah nodded as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her in his warm embrace.

"I'll see you all on Christmas" she waved then as she gave the luggage to the boy that was responsible for them and hopped onto the train.

She searched on the Hufflepuff compartments first for the others but couldn't find them, so she made her way towards the Slytherin ones.

On the way she smiled at people she knew and held small conversations with some others and after a while, she spotted Monica's hair into a compartment.

She made her way towards the compartment and opened the door, sliding in, she was greeted with a pair of arms holding her close. She stepped away after some seconds and gave Evan a kiss on the cheek.

"There she is, the next black heiress in all her glory" he mused, shoving Delilah's shoulder playfully.

"Yeah, Evan shouted a bit louder, the professors at Hogwarts didn't hear you yet" scolded Leo, getting up and giving Delilah a warm hug.

"Move over! I want to greet my best friend, you prick" came the voice of Monica Zabini as she tackled Delilah in a hug. The Slytherin girl now only one or two inches taller than Delilah.

"I don't get any sort of greeting huh? And i thought liking you would give me privileges" Regulus said. He was sitting on his seat, one leg crossed over the other and a cigarette resting in between his fingers.

"Yeah, i don't know why you thought you would get privileges because you obviously won't " said Delilah as she took a seat farther away from him, a playful smile on her lips.

Regulus got up and offered her his hand, "I have a better idea, love."

Delilah placed her hand on his and they left the compartment with Regulus leading them to who-knows-where. After some time, Delilah realised that they were at the end of the train, "What the hell are we doing here?"

He checked to see if any people are coming and grabbed her hand opening a door and walking inside with her. "Are you going to kill me? Because if you plan to, i just want to remind you that I'll come back to haunt you" warned Delilah but he pressed a finger to her lips before shutting the wooden door closed.

He removed his fingers but replaced them with his lips. He brushed them against hers as his hands moved from her shoulders to her waist touching every inch of her exposed skin, electrifying her with his every move.

The kiss turned heated as he pulled her closer, the taste of her lips was addictive and once his lips moved to her neck and started leaving sloppy bites there, she let her head title backwards, enjoying the pleasure his kisses made her feel.

He tasted of honey and berries, the addictive taste never leaving her lips, he picked her up and placed her on the bench there, opening her legs and walking in between them as she took his face in her hands and slammed her lips against his. A breathless moan escaped from Regulus' throat and Delilah hummed in approval on his lips, liking the way she affected him.

"Yeah, I have my jacket in there, let me just get it and we can talk freely, sir" a muffled voice said from the other side of the door. Delilah's eyes widened when she saw the door handle moving and tugged Regulus to a corner of the room where they weren't too easy to spot.

"Where the fuck are we?" she asked, whispering angrily at him.

"The, em, driver's store room" he answered hesitantly but it sounded more like a question.

"I'm going to kill you, no wait, even better, I'm going to kill you and then feed your body to the giant squid"

"Shut up, he is coming in" he shushed her by placing his hand over her mouth, keeping her quiet while the driver was looking for his coat. Delilah didn't waste any time before she bit his hand, making sure she kept it long enough so the driver could hear him gasp.

"Who is there?"

Delilah pushed Regulus forward and she backed against the wall, so she was less visible. Regulus regained his balance but halted a bit when he came face to face with a grown man, around his forties, staring intensely at him.

"What are you doing here, boy?" asked the driver and Regulus waited for a minute before uttering the most humiliating and only answer he had come up with.

"I was looking for the washroom, sir"

"Well, that's definitely not the washroom, if you could please leave the room, i would appreciate it" said the driver, throwing a small glance at the place Delilah was hiding and smiling slightly, shaking his head.

"Certainly, sir" said Regulus, nodding at the man and leaving quickly, walking into a compartment and waiting there for Delilah to emerge from the room.

Her heard her voice soon enough as she entered the compartment and smirked at him before looking at him emotionless face and bursting out laughing. "That was hilarious, your face was fucking priceless and that excuse, worse than a first year"

"You are the one that pushed out from where we were hiding" he said pointing an accusing finger at her.

"It was ridiculously funny" she grinned at him.

"Yeah, you weren't the one having to lie to a grown ass man with an excuse as ridiculous as having Binn as a teacher" his face morphing into an angry one.

"I never said it was meant to be funny for you, i enjoyed it very much though" she said as she continued smiling at him, as if she was enjoying seeing him all riled up.

"You are so infuriating sometimes" he said, running a hand through his hair.

"I know, but yet you are still here, getting all riled up and providing a really enjoyable show for me. I must admit, you look exceptionally hot when you are angry." she said, seeing as his face formed into a smirk.

"Don't let it get into your head Regulus, I'm still more attractive than you"

"And who says that, love?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Me" she answered simply and smiled sweetly at him. "Now get up, we got return to the compartment, we left over an hour and a half ago"

He nodded getting up and offering her his hand and she took grasping to it, as he brought their hands to his lips and kissed the back of hers.

***

The sorting was the same as every other year, she was sitting at the Hufflepuff table with Monica, as she talking and eating with Amelia Bones and the other Hufflepuffs of her year. When Dumbledore went to start his speech, Delilah's attention shifted to him, waiting for what he was going to say. She certainly didn't like the man, one of the reasons she was not joining the order (along with many others), but she was curious to see in what way he was going to address the subject of the war.

"As many of you certainly know, mostly the older students, a very powerful dark wizard has been threatening the Wizarding World. This particular wizard was once a student in this school, studying what you are all learning right now. He made some choices which many would consider bad or reckless and i completely agree that they were both. You all are going to have to make choices in the future, all of you have different morals, you were all raised differently and in different conditions but what you must always remember is that our choices make us who we truly are, not our abilities. Now chop, chop, all of you to your dormitories, classes start the day after tomorrow, first years please follow the Prefects of your houses." he finished waving his hands, signalling us to leave the Great Hall.

Monica and Deliah got up to left the hall, staring to walk towards the room of requirements as the boys caught up with them halfway. "That was definitely a very happy and lovely speech to start the year" commented Evan as he slangs an arm around Monica's shoulder.

"That was more depressing than Leo's mood when he realised in 5th year that he has read all the herbology books in the library" added Regulus as Leo whipped his head at him and put on a very dramatic expression on his face.

"I was definitely not depressing, i was only sad because I would have to reread them" he answered as he punched Evan's shoulder when he laughed.

"You cried about it for two hours" reminded him Regulus but he only shot him glare and continued walking, brushing him off. "Details, details"

Delilah let out a chuckled at they reached the room and the door appeared as they walked in. There was a fireplace, two double couches and a loveseat as Monica, Leo and Evan occupied the couches, Regulus and Delilah, headed towards the seat and Regulus sat down first pulling Delilah on his lap as she curled up against him, his cologne filling her nose.

At the small table in the middle appeared five bottles of fire whiskey and three packs of cigarettes along with lighters and snacks. Delilah was the first reaching for the bottled and passing them around as all of them poured the liquid into their glasses and clicked them, toasting to a new even more dangerous year.

"Was anyone of the students missing from the other tables?" asked Leo as drank his third glass of fire whiskey, all of them were under the influence of the alcohol but none of them was too drunk.

"No one was missing from the Hufflepuff table nor from the Gryffindor one, I heard our prefect speak with the Gryffindor one" said Delilah after blowing out the smoke from her cigarette.

"Wait, wait, how come you aren't a prefect this year, neither of you are" asked Evan, glancing with genuine curiousness at them.

"A letter came but I sent a reply back denying the position and asking Sprout to pass it to someone else, he did the same" she explained, gesturing at Regulus at the last part.

"How come?"

"Way too many responsibilities, the classes would already be way too difficult and we'll need all the time we can get to study. I also spoke with Slughorn last year and he said that DADA, charms and potions would get more difficult and we'll learn more defensive and protective charms, along with healing potions and more efficient enchantments" answered Regulus as Delilah added in the end, "I just want this year to end without too many problems, study, get good scores and then study a profession."

"Fair enough" said Evan leaning back his head on the pillows.

"What are you planning to do once you are out of here?" asked Monica "because personally I have no idea."

"I don't think I'm doing anything, at least not until the war ends, after that probably study to become a healer or open my own bookstore" said Leo as he lied down on the couch.

"That's sounds really nice" commented Delilah, sending Leo a small smile as he returned humming a 'yeah'.

"I am probably going to work at the ministry of magic but after the war, i don't think they will really fancy having death eaters there." said Evan, taking a sip of one of the fire whiskeys bottles. "What about you Lilah?"

"I want to study to become a wandmaker, i have talked to Mr Ollivander at Diagon Alley when i went to buy my books for the school year, he said he will give me some books to study the basics and about the history of the profession and i can work sometimes at the shop with him to get the hung of the practical stuff as the time comes" she said quietly. "It will also be nice to travel in the muggle world, it would be very fascinating."

"Now that's a nice dream," said Monica.

"Yeah, if we don't die" murmured Delilah and curled up against Regulus, seeking warmth.

"That was...depressing" said Evan as his face dropped realising that he would most probably die before actually getting a job. Leo sensing the heavy atmosphere turned towards Regulus. " And what do you want to do, Reg?"

"I want be a Potion-Master, but it needs a lot of studying and the time i certainly don't have" he answered as his head dropped on top of Delilah's.

"You could always do it after the war, no one is hurrying you" sad Delilah, running her hand up and down on his arm in a comforting manner.

"Says the person that just said that we are all most probably going to die" said Evan laughing.

"Shut up Evan" muttered Delilah." if we are to die all together, I'm sacrificing you first"

"What! why?"

"Because you are the most annoying person alive" she answered him.

"I'm not!"

"Yes, you are"

"Totally"

"One hundred percent"

"You are so mean to me" he said dramatically and buried his face in his hands as if he was crying. "But I love you all guys, so much" he said, quietly and they all could hear the sincereness in his voice.

"We love you too, Evan" whispered back Delilah, before burying her face in Regulus' neck and let sleep overtake her.

***

"I can't believe it's only two weeks into the school year and someone is already throwing a party" said Leo as they all walked out in the courtyard. The weather was chilli but nothing too out of their ordinary temperature this time of the year.

"It's the Head girl's birthday and she is throwing a party, everyone from sixth year and above is allowed to come because of the alcohol but I'm sure some fifth year's will find their way in" added Monica as they all sat down under the tree nearest to the Black Lake.

"I'm glad we are doing something for the weekend at least, it's been only two weeks but everyone is assigning so much fucking homework, i can't keep up with it" said Delilah as she rested her head on Monica's shoulder.

"I have more than five assignments due to three days and i haven't done anything" added Regulus playing with a brown leaf that had fallen off the tree.

"I can already imagine myself drinking that nerve calming potion Poppy has for the exams" muttered Delilah, rubbing her eyes with her hand.

"What time is the party?" asked Evan as he threw a rock into the lake.

"Starts at nine ends whenever"

"And what time is it now?" asked Delilah, this time.

"Almost seven"

"Fuck!", "Shit!" said the two girls, getting up quickly and almost tripping in the process.

"Oh, oh, oh, where are you going- Delilah, love watch out you'll fall" warned Regulus but Delilah didn't pay him attention, dusting off her clothes.

"To get ready" answered Monica for her.

"Why? You still have two hours" asked Evan confused.

"That's the fucking problem Evan, only two hours!" exclaimed Delilah, putting on her coat,

"We'll meet you outside the Hufflepuff common room at eight fifty, okey?" asked Monica, not waiting for an answer, before grabbing Delilah's hand and disappearing into the castle.

It took them two hours and forty-four minutes to get ready, barely finishing in time. Delilah wore a black dress short dress which reached a little more up than her mid-thigh, it was showing a V-neck and showed a decent part of her chest. It was simple but it hugged her frame really well.

Monica was wearing a white strapless dress that reached her knees, she had her nails painted gold and was wearing her hoop earrings, along with her rings. Their make-up matched with their dresses, black and sparkly eyeshadows, along with lip-gloss on Monica's lips and red on Delilah's. She wore her black high heels and Monica decided on a pair of white platform heels she had borrowed from her mother.

"You look hot, sweetheart! Now let's go get wasted" exclaimed Monica linking their hands and walking down the stairs smiling at the other people that were waiting for their friends and dates at the common room. Delilah opened the door and walked outside with Monica in tow spotting the boys leaned against the wall, all of the sporting black pants with white button ups.

Hearing the sound of heels clicking the boys turned, their mouths hanging open at the sight before them. "You can close your mouths, you know" said Monica closing Evan's chin that was slightly part. " We don't want you catching any flies now, do we?" whispered Delilah in Regulus' ear as he shamelessly trailed his eyes over her figure.

"How do we look?" asked Monica twirling around.

"You both look stunning" complimented Evan.

"Absolutely beautiful" added Leo as they both linked arms with Monica, walking in front of the duo.

"You look gorgeous" whispered Regulus at her ear kissing her swiftly before offering her his hand. She gladly took it as they walked to the RoR, a comforting silence in the atmosphere till they opened the door of the room and the loud music almost broke their eardrums. Delilah had to give that them, the charms to keep the noise only inside the room where impressing.

They walked towards the bar with the drinks, Delilah taking a glass of wine while Regulus picked up a beer. They sat there watching everyone having fun, sipping their drinks and occasionally striking conversation with their classmates that were sitting at the enjoying their drinks.

"Let's go dance" said Delilah as she took Regulus hand and drag him to the dance floor, he didn't complain, he followed her and grabbed her hips from behind her making her back hit his chest as she started moving her hips to the rhythm of the music, his hands trailed over her body and she turned around slamming her lips against his and he continued kissing her passionately before breaking off the kiss, so they could catch their breath.

"Let's go back to my dorm" he whispered in her ear and she nodded her head as he took her hand and walked out of the room, closing the door behind them. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215 21 17
"You never know how much you need someone... until they're gone."
849K 22.9K 28
"i don't think i can imagine promising to love someone forever." h. potter / oc x james potter UNFORTUNATELYOURS • 2016
15.3K 538 52
Regulus Black fanfic Read the introduction for more information :) And thank you for giving this book a chance!!! Started: 13th April 2023 Finished:...
1M 33.1K 71
she looks just like a dream, the prettiest girl i've ever seen. 𓆩❤︎𓆪┊Veritaserum, regulus black ...