Masked ─ Seungjin

By hyunluvr

He knew there was more to that boy who had treated him like shit for the past four years. But why did he want... More

─00.
─01.
─02.
─03.
─04.
─05.
─06.
─07.
─08.
─09.
─10.
─11.
─12.
─13.
─14.
─16.
─17.
─18.
─19.
─20.
─21.
─22.

─15.

1K 53 13
By hyunluvr

"H-hyunjin! Wait up!" The black haired boy chased, running around in the hallways but the mentioned long haired boy continued walking without giving him any attention.

Hyunjin suddenly turned around making the shorter back away slightly.

"Fuck off, Bin. Did I ask you to follow me?" He narrowed his eyes and continued walking, his footsteps echoing through the giant hallway.

"Ah- I- ugh-" Changbin sighed and continued to chase after him trying to catch up to the speed walking boy, slightly panting.

"Are you trying to pick a fight with me?" Hyunjin turned around and asked in a calm yet angry voice. 

"It's a coincidence we're heading the same way," Changbin rolled his eyes. Hyunjin inhaled before groaning. "It's true that I tried to kill myself day before yesterday but it doesn't mean I'm going to the roof to jump right now."

Changbin visibly flinched when Hyunjin mentioned the word 'kill', he sighed. "Well...but-"

"I appreciate you worrying about me even though I don't know why you do it, we're not even friends but I'm fine. You should go have your lunch now." Hyunjin calmly answered, earning a sad face from Changbin before he walked away.

Hyunjin breathed out before continuing to walk his way to the rooftop of the school, sitting down at a corner when he reached and letting the warm air hit his face.

He slept at Seungmin's last night after the other boy somehow managed to convince his parents to let him stay which required him to tell them the embarrassing fact that he got kicked out and disowned for being a failure.

The hollers of the rowdy students who were at the playground were audible from the rooftop, but Hyunjin's ears blocked them away. He felt undistributed and at ease.

Seungmin had promised him to not tell anyone about yesterday which made him wonder, how did Changbin know? He guessed it was probably because Jisung told Felix who told Changbin, gritting his teeth at the thought of why Changbin would even care about him when they're not close.

Footsteps, great. Why can he never have a good time? He rolled his eyes but his annoyed expression changed to a normal one when he saw Seungmin out of all people opening the door and entering.

He didn't say anything and looked back at the blue painted sky as the other boy approached him with a smile. It was always this boy with shiny hazel brown eyes that interrupted his, but if it was someone else, (which no one would dare to) they'd probably leave with a broken nose.

This boy though, somehow made him happy, but no, not now, not today. Some sadness just couldn't be taken away even by the people you love the most.

"Hey prince" Seungmin greeted with a smile, a greeting which would've made Hyunjin blush but somehow it had no affect right now. Hyunjin closed his eyes with an inhale and the other boy sat down right beside him, placing his face on his hands.

Seungmin had been trying the whole day to make Hyunjin happy but unlike other days, Hyunjin ignored him and spent the most of his day alone.

"Why are you ignoring me?"

Hyunjin ignored him again, and Seungmin didn't say anything, until Hyunjin finally broke the silence. "I just wanna be alone." He simply answered Seungmin's question from a minute ago.

No, he didn't like being alone, in the room with white walls where he heard nothing but dreadful silence, that's a different type of loneliness. He only liked being alone in a peaceful nature where he could hear birds singing and feel the wind ruffling his hair.

He wouldn't admit it but his body still hurt, just glad that Seungmin didn't notice cause there was no way he'd let him come to school. The deep bruise on his cheek was covered with a bandage, but it still stung.

"....Where are you gonna stay?"

The realization hit Hyunjin when Seungmin said it, he didn't have a home now, he was a stray. Maybe he'll stay at Minho's, but he didn't want to be a burden or maybe just spend his nights freezing outside.

"I'm not gonna let you freeze to death. You're staying at mine. I'm sorry my house isn't that big though, probably not comfortable enough for you."

Hyunjin looked away, not wanting to answer but doing so anyways, "You don't have to—"

"No."

Hyunjin shut up as Seungmin turned intimidating, and no one spoke in the next minute.

"I miss your smile."

Hyunjin turned his head to the younger with a confused face, "what?" Seungmin gave a small smile. "I miss how you used to smile when he did the project and all. And the smile when you admitted that you feel free when you're with me. I know, I'm selfish for wanting you to be happy when something tragic happened yesterday but I can't help but miss seeing you happy."

"How should I be happy when there's nothing to be happy for," Hyunjin answered, looking down. "My own father- basically hates me and disowned me. He's the reason I'm like this. He always left me alone, let it be new year, Christmas, or even on my fucking birthday..."

Seungmin stayed quite and listened, not making eye contact with the boy. "And you know, Seungmin? I don't understand why you out of all people, the one I was meanest to, why you want to make me happy. I don't deserve to be happy anyways, after all I've done. Being the reason my mother died, being mean to you, and everything."

Seungmin let out a breath before speaking. "You know what, you're right." He said. "I am mad at you, for being rude to me." He got up, placing his hands on the railing.

"But I'm more mad at myself, for judging you, for talking about your life like that the first day we were teamed together." He looked at Hyunjin who was staring at him with a widened mouth with a smile. "A good friend of yours told me, no one is born evil."

Hyunjin sighed softly, "I tried to do everything to make him love me, or just pay 1 second of attention to me. Id di everything he told me to, I tried my best in business tests, worked all day and night, but nothing changed. I thought the last option was... By being like him... Mean, rude, heartless, but it hurt me so much, I never wanted to be like that." Hyunjin looked away. "I know it's stupid, I know I'm stupid but I- just-"

"Hyunjin..."

The mentioned boy wasn't making eye contact with him even though Seungmin was, he didn't dare to look at him from shame of treating such an innocent and pure boy like trash for years, 4 whole years.

"It's not like that, it's not your fault... You're not mean- he is! You're not him, you're nothing like him... I know you didn't want to do it... You're a different person, Hyunjin. Like that one time you helped an old lady in the road?"

"Y-you saw that?..."

"I did," Seungmin smiled. "I started doing art again because of you, you were the only person who encouraged me to do it, when my own parents or friends didn't. And now it makes me happy. And you know, Hyunjin, you make me happy too." He approached the sitting boy and crouched down to him. "I'm here for you... Everything will be fine Hyunjin... I promise..."

He cupped the older's face as gently as a flower. "Don't leave me..."

Hyunjin didn't answer, and didn't make eye contact, but Seungmin could see the sadness on his eyes. He was lost, so broken. He had nothing.

"I hate the fact that I still love him and want to be his son again..." Seungmin stared at him with sadness as the words came out of his mouth. "I already lost my mom... He's the only family I have left. I don't- I don't wanna loose him too..." His voice broke halfway through the sentence.

If that's what you want.

"I'll make you smile again, I promise you, Hwang Hyunjin."

A/N:

Yoo I'm sorry for not updating for long (ಥ﹏ಥ)

1k reads thank yall so much Q3Q❤❤

Hyunjin is still on break I literally miss him so much ╥﹏╥ jay why pee you old man bring my lovestay boy back ୧( ಠ Д ಠ )୨

I'm obsessed with skz's cover on kingdom like LEE FELIX I HAVE A LIFE TO LIVE SIR

Anyways I hope yall are doing great <3 stay safe and happy I love y'all O3O<33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 2K 33
Hwang Hyunjin was born in a rich but homophobic family. When he revealed his sexuality, he was immediately disowned. Hyunjin faced a lot of difficult...
13K 399 29
♧♧♧♧♧ Jeongin moved to a new city, meaning a new school. He made his best attempt to stay away from people because he thought he "didn't fit in." He...
80.4K 3.7K 35
"i promise to protect you lee minho. no matter what i'll have to do to keep you safe." angel, han jisung, is sent to earth to protect lee minho from...
572K 23.1K 46
The homophobic bully got a little bit tipsy and cheated on his girlfriend? The nerd fucked his bully? This is a top Seungmin FF, fight me. Highest ra...