─04.

Hyunjin didn't arrive all through literature class and Seungmin felt like the guilt is going to eat him alive.

But then he thought to himself. He made 3 years of your school life hell, this is the taste of his own medicine.

But then again he couldn't convince himself. He doesn't know anything about Hyunjin. He doesn't know what his home life is like, nor does he know about his past or struggles.

Then he remembered something else he had said to the boy earlier in maths class. When he said that he didn't understand why people liked a jerk like him so much because of his looks.

Remembering this only made the guilt on his chest increase.

He never felt guilty for bullying you Seungmin.

No, he wasn't like Hyunjin. This uncomfortable feeling on his chest is probably never going to go away, unless...

He apologizes...

"No god what am I thinking! Apologize to that jerk?!" he yelled to himself. He stopped and sighed, realizing it was already time for detention.

As he entered the room he noticed that the teacher wasn't there. He grabbed a chair from the pile of chairs kept one on top of another and sat down at a corner, taking his maths notebook.

Hyunjin arrived 8 minutes late, sighing when he saw the boy he despised. Unlike Seungmin, he didn't bother taking a chair from the pile, he just grabbed the teacher's chair and pulled it to the opposite corner as Seungmin.

Seungmin just stayed quite and stared at the boy until he took a seat and took out his notebook. He sighed.

This is gonna be a long day.

There was a complete silence. Seungmin took constant glances at the boy who sat with his usual annoyed face, looking for the perfect time to apologize.

He wanted to say something, but everytime he wants to the words get stuck on his throat and never come out.

After another few minutes of silence, the younger finally gathered enough courage to speak up.

"Um, hey..."

Instant regret, he felt it when Hyunjin looked at him, expecting a 'the fuck you want' or any other mean insult from the other boy.

Instead, the long haired male just turned his back to Seungmin staring at a plane wall.

"I wanted to.... Say sorry..."

He saw Hyunjin's frown darken, but he said nothing. He just stared out the window as Seungmin sighed.

Another silence fell between the two boys before Hyunjin finally decided to speak, and his annoyed face turned into a (kind of) sad one.

"Sorry for speaking the truth?" He said in an unusually quite voice, making Seungmin perplexed.

"W-what-"

"It's true. What you said in maths class. People just like me for my looks. I have nothing special about myself. I just hang in here cause I have a nice looking face. I don't deserve it. I don't deserve Minho or any of those fangirls."